If you need to find a no win no fee solicitor to help you because somebody else has caused you to suffer as a result of negligence, then we hope you find this guide helpful. Specifically, we’re going to look at how no win no fee solicitors covering Andover could help you seek compensation. We’ll cover lots of different types of claim you could make, including claims for an accident during your holiday, an Andover car accident and medical negligence claim at Andover hospital A&E.
Our team of advisors are able to offer free advice about claiming and a free assessment of your claim with no obligation to proceed. Our panel of no win no fee solicitors are not based in Andover but can cover the area. If you’d like to discuss making a claim today, please call an advisor on 0800 073 8802.
Alternatively, to find out how a solicitor covering Andover, Hampshire could help you, please carry on reading.
How No Win No Fee Claims Work
The premise of no win no fee agreements is quite straightforward: you only have to pay solicitors fees if you receive compensation. When a solicitor agrees to take on your case, after they’ve seen evidence that you’ve been made to suffer because of the negligence of somebody who owed you a duty of care, you’ll both sign a conditional fee agreement (CFA).
The CFA will confirm that the solicitor’s fees will be paid by a ‘success fee’ if you receive compensation. The success fee is a percentage of your compensation that’s deducted before you receive it. The actual percentage will be in your CFA but, by law, it can be no more than 25%.
Before you can begin a no win no fee claim, you’ll to make sure you’re within the time limit for claiming. The personal injury claims time limit is generally 3-years from when you were injured. Other claims have different time limits. If, after reading this guide, you’re not sure how long you have to claim, please call an advisor.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim
- Claiming Compensation For An Andover Car Accident
- Andover Medical Malpractice Claims
- Claim For An Accident At Work In The UK
- Claim Compensation For An Accident During A Holiday
- Victim Of Crime Compensation In The UK
- Other Examples Of Personal Injury Claims
- Mis Sold Pension And Investment Compensation Claims
- Tenancy And Rental Deposit Claim
- What Is The Definition Of Housing Disrepair Claims?
- Getting In Touch With Our Team
- Information For Claimants In Andover
Claiming Compensation For An Andover Car Accident
Road traffic accidents (RTA) can lead to a number of different injuries which our panel of no win no fee solicitors could help you claim compensation for if the accident was caused by another road user. Some of the most commonly claimed for injuries following an RTA include:
- Broken or fractured bones.
- Tendon or ligament damage.
- Neck injuries (including whiplash).
- Back injuries.
- Head injuries.
If you are involved in an RTA, you should try and gather evidence quickly because once vehicles are removed, proving who was at fault can be difficult. Therefore, if the accident was caused by somebody else, try to:
- Speak to witnesses and ask for their details.
- See if there is any dashcam footage available.
- Visit the hospital or your GP for treatment.
- Photograph the scene of the accident. Also, photograph any visible injuries.
Andover Medical Malpractice Claims
A personal injury lawyer could be used to help you claim if you were injured or made ill following negligent treatment by a medical professional. Medical malpractice claims are possible for negligence during cosmetic or medical treatment and can be made against the NHS or a private company even when you’ve signed a waiver.
Here are some examples of medical negligence which solicitors covering Andover could help you make:
- Injuries sustained during negligent surgery (dental, medical or cosmetic).
- Suffering caused by medication errors.
- Injuries which could’ve been avoided during childbirth.
- Illnesses caused by super bugs in hospitals.
- Suffering caused because a medical professional misdiagnosed your condition.
- Negligence in care homes which leads to injuries such as bed sores, bruising or fractures.
- Pain suffered during treatment due to anaesthetic mistakes.
Claim For An Accident At Work In The UK
It’s possible to make a claim for an accident at work in the UK if it was caused because of employer negligence. The Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) dictates that employers should try and keep staff safe by assessing the workplace and making changes to reduce any risks identified. Failure to do so could result in compensation claim if you and injured in an accident which could’ve been avoided.
Here are some examples of when a claim might be possible:
- When an accident is caused by faulty, damaged or unmaintained equipment.
- If you weren’t trained properly in the task in which you were injured.
- Where personal protective equipment that could’ve prevented your injuries weren’t available.
- Or if the company didn’t explain their health and safety procedures or policy to you.
Claim Compensation For An Accident During A Holiday
An accident on holiday can really dampen your spirits while you’re away. Worse still it can leave you long-lasting injuries and financial losses too. Therefore, you could use our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Andover to help you seek compensation for any injuries.
The type of accident claim you might make include:
- Airport or in-flight accident claims.
- Food poisoning or water-borne illness claims.
- Cruise ship accidents.
- Injuries sustained during sporting activities or excursions.
- Hire car accident claims.
- Hotel accident claims.
When your accident happens using a service provided by a package holiday company, you could make your claim against the holiday provider. There’s usually a 3-year time limit for these claims.
If your holiday or excursion was booked independently, claims are still possible, but you might have less time depending on the laws of the country in which you were injured. Please call our advisors to find out how long you have.
Victim Of Crime Compensation In The UK
If you are unfortunate enough to suffer an injury during a violent crime against you, then our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Andover could help you make a claim.
Victim of crime compensation in the UK is possible using the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA). As CICA claims are different to normal personal injury claims, they have their own rules and criteria. The time limit is generally 2-years (but this can be waived in some circumstances), crimes must be reported to police and compensation payments are different to normal claims when multiple injuries are claimed for.
Other Examples Of Personal Injury Claims
Here are some more claims that a personal injury lawyer could help you make:
- Injuries in public places.If you are injured in a public place like a shopping centre, on a footpath or in a park, you could sue the local authority (or business owner) responsible for the area if their negligence led to your accident.
- Slips, trips and falls. When a slip, trip or fall occurs, if it was caused by somebody else’s negligence, you could claim compensation for any injuries. Examples of negligence include trailing cables across corridors, not using warning signs to highlight a wet floor and not repairing broken handrails.
- Children’s injury claims. If your child suffers because of somebody else’s negligence, you could seek compensation on their behalf at any point before they turn 18.
Mis Sold Pension And Investment Compensation Claims
There are a number of rules regarding the sale of some financial products such as mortgages, pensions, investments and annuities. The rules are managed by the Financial Conduct Authority and cover all financial advisors in the UK. If an advisor doesn’t follow the rules, and you lose out financially, you could be entitled to compensation.
Use this checklist to see if you could potentially claim compensation:
- Did the advisor fail to tell you about any fees or charges related to your product?
- Were you put under pressure to make a purchase?
- Did the advisor only give you one or two products to choose from?
- Were you advised to move money out of a workplace pension?
- Did the advisor fail to ask about your health or lifestyle?
- Did the advisor forget to explain the terms and conditions of the product?
Tenancy And Rental Deposit Claim
Our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Andover could help you make a claim if your landlord has not followed the rules regarding tenancy deposit schemes (TDS). They were introduced in 2007 to try and ensure deposits weren’t retained unfairly.
You might be able to claim if:
- The deposit you paid didn’t get placed into a suitable TDS within 30 days.
- Your landlord failed to inform you which TDS was used.
- The deposit was taken out of the TDS before the end of your tenancy.
What Is The Definition Of Housing Disrepair Claims?
Housing disrepair is when a landlord fails to fix a problem which has been reported to them that they have a duty of care or contractual obligation to repair. If you are made ill, are injured or your personal belongings are damaged due to housing disrepair, you might be entitled to compensation.
Here are examples of some repairs which might lead to a claim:
- Leaking pipes or roofs.
- Structural damage.
- Faulty hot water and heating boilers.
- Mould or damp.
- Electrical or fire risks.
- Blocked drainage.
Getting In Touch With Our Team
If you’d like to use No Win No Fee Expert to begin your claim, you can contact us on 0800 073 8802. If it’s easier for us to call you, that can be arranged if you fill in this online form. For all enquiries, we’ll follow this process:
Get In Touch With Us
When you’re ready to start the claims process, please call an advisor.
Discuss Your Situation
We’ll listen to what’s happened during a free initial consultation. If your case is strong enough, we could introduce you to one of our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Andover.
Manage Your Claim And Stay Up To Date
Information For Claimants In Andover
It’s our experience that when making personal injury claims, you’ll need to contact one or two local services because you need information from them. Therefore, in the coming sections, we’ve provided details of some to save you time.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Andover
When you make a personal injury claim, you’ll need to see an independent doctor for a medical assessment. We work with a panel of doctors who are relatively locally as we have. Here is a sample of those covering the Andover area:
|Phillipa Keech||Basepoint Andover,
Andover, SP10 3FG.
|David Magee||Amesbury Abbey,
Amesbury, SP4 7EU.
|Joyshi Sarangi||The Chiropractic Centre,
Sailsbury, SP2 0DL.
Your appointment will begin with a medical assessment and will be followed by a number of questions regarding your injuries. The doctor will then prepare a report for your personal injury solicitor which will detail the nature of your injuries, how you were affected, and it will also explain if there are going to be any long-term issues.
Your solicitor will use the report to help determine how much compensation will be requested, therefore a medical assessment is a mandatory part of any claim.
Andover War Memorial Hospital
Here are the details for the local Andover hospital should you need to contact them:
Andover War Memorial Hospital,
Hampshire, SP10 3LB.
Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Here are the details for the NHS trust providing medical services in Andover:
Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
Test Valley Borough Council
If you need to contact the local council because you need to report an incident or request information, please use the following details:
Test Valley Borough Council
Andover, SP10 3AJ.
In case you need to contact the police during your no win no fee claim, we’ve included their details here:
Hampshire, SO23 8ZD.
Written by BT.
Edited by CE.