This guide will explain when you could use no win no fee solicitors covering Colchester to help you seek compensation. You might be claiming for a traffic accident in Colchester, an accident at work or even for losses linked to financial mis-selling. Whatever the reason, we’ll explain when you could begin a claim and how you should go about it.
While not based in Colchester, our panel of solicitors can cover claims in the Colchester area. They offer a no win no fee service for all claims they take on which we’ll explain in the next section.
If you’d like to talk to us today about how we could help you start your claim, please call 0800 073 8802 right away.
Alternatively, to find out more about personal injury claims and other types of claims you could make on a no win no fee basis, please continue reading.
How Do You Make A No Win No Fee Claim?
Before working out whether you could be eligible to make a no win no fee claim, you’ll need to check whether your claim falls within the personal injury claims time limit.
For personal injury claims, this is generally 3 years from the date of any accident or from the date a doctor diagnoses your condition. There are different time limits for criminal injury claims, financial mis-selling and injuries suffered as a child, so please contact us to check whether you can still claim.
When you use a no win no fee personal injury lawyer, you won’t have to pay them an upfront fee or any fee at all if they fail to win compensation for you. When they are successful, a fee is deducted from your compensation. This fee is limited to 25% by law. Because the fee is deducted automatically, you won’t have to find the money to pay the solicitors legal fees.
Our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Colchester work on this basis because they know it allows more people to claim due to the fact it reduces the financial risk, and also the stress, involved with making a claim.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim
- Vehicle And Traffic Accident Claims In Colchester
- No Win No Fee Medical Negligence Solicitors Covering Colchester
- Colchester No Win No Fee Accident At Work Compensation Claims
- No Win No Fee Holiday Accident, Injury Or Illness Claims
- Colchester Criminal Injury, Sexual Abuse And Assault Claims
- Other Accidents In Colchester You Could Claim Compensation For
- Claims If You Have Been Missold A Financial Product
- Making A No Win No Fee Tenancy Deposit Claim
- Housing Disrepair Claims Against A Landlord In Colchester
- Start Your No Win No Fee Claim Today
Vehicle And Traffic Accident Claims In Colchester
A common type of personal injury claim is one for injuries sustained in a road traffic accident or RTA. Any road user, injured by another road user’s negligence, could be entitled to compensation for their injuries. These could include:
- Head injuries.
- Whiplash and neck injuries.
- Broken bones and fractures.
- Bruising, sprains and other soft tissue damage.
It’s important that evidence is gathered at the scene of an RTA as once the scene has been cleared, it can be difficult to prove what happened. Therefore, we recommend that you photograph the scene before any vehicles are removed, gather witness statements and see if there is any dashcam or CCTV footage of the accident as this can all be good evidence to support your claim.
For information and statistics regarding RTAs, please take a look at this government report.
No Win No Fee Medical Negligence Solicitors Covering Colchester
No win no fee medical negligence solicitors could be used to help you seek compensation if you’ve suffered due to the negligence of a medical professional. There are a number of different scenarios where you could claim for negligence during both medical and cosmetic treatments.
You could be entitled to claim for:
- Suffering caused by the incorrect medication being dispensed, prescribed or administered.
- Pain caused in surgery due to anaesthetic mistakes.
- Avoidable injuries, to either mother or baby, during pregnancy, delivery or post birth.
- Suffering caused by a misdiagnosis which leads to a delay in treatment.
- Avoidable injuries caused by surgery.
- Negligence in a care home leading to injuries.
- Illnesses caused by super bugs in a hospital such as MRSA.
- Avoidable injuries during dental procedures.
Negligence can be caused by procedural errors, using incorrect equipment or poor hygiene standards amongst other things. You could also be eligible to claim if the risks of a procedure were not explained to you prior to treatment.
Due to the complex nature of medical negligence claims, we advise the use of a personal injury solicitor who has the experience and expertise to ensure the right evidence is supplied to prove your case.
Colchester No Win No Fee Accident At Work Compensation Claims
If you’ve had an accident at work which was caused by your employer’s negligence, then you could be able to seek compensation from them. If the accident was caused because of a breach of their duty of care under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, then a claim may be possible.
Under the act, employers need to risk assess the workplace and make changes to reduce risk where possible. They could be deemed negligent if:
- Training hadn’t been provided on the task in which you were injured.
- Protective equipment, which could’ve prevented your injury, wasn’t available.
- You weren’t aware of the company’s health and safety policy.
- The equipment which caused your accident wasn’t maintained or had a known fault.
If you’re wondering how much compensation you could get for an accident at work, then it’s fair to say that every case is different. Therefore, the best advice here is to call one of our advisors. They will assess your claim, for free, and then might be able to provide you with an estimate of how much compensation you could be entitled to.
No Win No Fee Holiday Accident, Injury Or Illness Claims
Having an accident on holiday can cause both physical injuries and financial losses. If that’s the case, you could make a no win no fee holiday accident claim if the injuries were sustained in an accident or caused by the negligence of the holiday company or the private company.
You could be able to claim for:
- Accidents on a flight or in an airport.
- Hotel accidents.
- Injuries on an excursion or sporting activity.
- Cruise ship or train accidents.
- Package holiday accidents (which are covered by special legislation).
- Food poisoning or water-borne illnesses.
You should report any accident to your holiday rep or hotel to ensure it’s logged and to give them the opportunity to help you. Remember that European Health Insurance Cards (EHIC) are not holiday insurance so you should make sure you have cover which includes emergency medical treatment to cover any costs.
Colchester Criminal Injury, Sexual Abuse And Assault Claims
It’s not widely known but it is possible to use no win no fee solicitors to assist you in making a claim for assault and sexual assault crimes. The government runs an organisation known as the Criminal Injury Compensation Authority CICA which can compensate victims of crime.
The scheme is different from other types of claims for compensation. It has its own eligibility requirements, time limits and compensation is paid differently. To discuss the scheme in more detail, please call one of our specialists for free advice.
Other Accidents In Colchester You Could Claim Compensation For
There are other types of personal injury claim you could seek compensation for which we won’t cover in this guide. Remember that any accident, caused by the negligence of another person, which caused you to be injured or made ill, could lead to a no win no fee compensation claim.
For your information, other common types of claim include:
- Accidents involving children.
- Slips, trip or fall claims.
- Injuries caused by accidents in public places.
Claims If You Have Been Missold A Financial Product
If you’ve been mis-sold a financial product, you could be entitled to compensation if the seller has breached Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) regulations.
This could be the case if:
- You were pressured into purchasing a particular product.
- The advisor failed to give you a range of products to choose from.
- You weren’t told about the fees associated with a product.
- The terms and conditions weren’t explained and provided to you.
- Your health and lifestyle weren’t considered by the advisor.
If you can prove that you have suffered financially as a result of the above then it could be possible that you are entitled to a claim for compensation.
Making A No Win No Fee Tenancy Deposit Claim
It is now possible to seek compensation if your landlord or letting agent has breached new regulation surrounding deposit protection schemes. These were made compulsory to protect tenants from losing their deposit unfairly.
You might be able to claim if:
- You weren’t told, in writing, which scheme your deposit had been placed in to within 30 days of paying it.
- The landlord failed to pay it into a scheme within 30 days.
- Or the deposit was moved out of the protection scheme before your tenancy ended.
Housing Disrepair Claims Against A Landlord In Colchester
The last type of claim we’re going to cover in this guide is those made for housing disrepair cases. A landlord has a duty of care to maintain your property and to fix certain faults which they identify themselves or you point out to them. Failure to do so could lead to a claim if:
- Your personal property is damaged due to the unrepaired fault.
- You have to pay for the fault to be repaired using your own money.
- The fault causes you to suffer a personal injury.
Start Your No Win No Fee Claim Today
When you’re ready to begin your no win no fee claim, you can call us on 0800 073 8802. If you’d rather we call you, please fill in this online enquiry form. When you get in touch, we’ll follow this process:
Get In Touch With Us
Firstly, you make contact with us either by phone or online.
Discuss Your Situation
Then, one of our specialists will assess your claim for free. If they believe your case is strong enough, they could introduce you to one of our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Colchester.
Manage Your Claim And Stay Up To date
If you choose to work with our panel of no win no fee solicitors they will keep you up to date throughout the claim. If you receive an offer to settle your claim, they’ll provide expert advice about your options.
Helpful Local Area Resources
We know that when you begin a personal injury claim or any other type of claim, you might need to contact a number of different organisations locally. To assist you, we’ve included their details below.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Colchester
A key task for a no win no fee solicitor is to prove how severe your injuries were. Therefore, they’ll want you to undergo an independent medical assessment. To help with this, we have a panel of doctors across the UK to ensure you don’t need to travel too far.
The report provided by the doctor will show what injuries you sustained, how they have already affected you and whether they’ll affect you in the future. A sample of the doctors we could use in Colchester are listed below.
|Sajive Bansal||The Tree Room,
Colchester, CO1 1JN.
|Christopher Parry||Ramsay Health Care,
Mile End Road,
Colchester, CO4 5XR.
|Malika Biradar||Ceffield Medical Center,
Colchester, CO2 7GH.
Based on the number of beds, Colchester hospital is the largest in the area. Their details are below.
Colchester, CO4 5JL.
Colchester Borough Council
The details below are for the local council covering Colchester.
Colchester Borough Council
33 Sheepen Road,
Essex, CO3 3WG.
Here is the information for the local police force covering Colchester.
Essex Police Headquarters
Essex, CM2 6DN.
Written by BT.
Edited by CE.