There are times when you may need to hire a no win no fee solicitor to help you claim compensation because somebody else’s negligence has caused you to suffer. You might need to make a personal injury claim, a financial mis-selling claim a claim for medical negligence or for an injury at work claim. This guide is going to look at when you could use no win no fee solicitors covering Cumbernauld to help you make a claim.
Here at, No Win No Fee Expert we work with a panel of no win no fee solicitors who are not based in Cumbernauld but can deal with claims in that area. We also have a team of advisors who can assess claims for free and provide expert claims advice. If you’d like to discuss your claim, with no obligation, call today on 0800 073 8802.
If you prefer, please continue reading to find out how a solicitor covering Cumbernauld could help you claim compensation.
Explaining No Win No Fee Claims
A no win no fee solicitor can help with many different types of compensation claims but they do have to vet each claim as they risk not being paid should they lose the case. Generally, a solicitor will want you to show the following before they agree to take on your case using a no win no fee service:
- That you’ve suffered (an injury, illness or financial loss);
- Because somebody was negligent;
- And that person owed you a duty of care; and
- Your claim is within the claim time limit.
The personal injury claims time limit is generally a 3-year period from the date of your accident or diagnosis. For other claims, we’ll try to explain how long you have to claim during this guide. If you’re not sure though, please speak with an advisor.
If a solicitor agrees to take on your claim, you’ll both sign a conditional fee agreement (or CFA). This document will explain that you don’t have to pay the solicitors fees unless they win some compensation for you. If they do, they’ll take a success fee from your compensation which is limited to 25% by law.
We believe no win no fee allows more people to claim and reduces the stress and financial risk for claimants.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim
- Road Accident In Cumbernauld No Win No Fee Claims
- Cumbernauld Medical Negligence No Win No Fee Claims
- Cumbernauld Workplace Injury Claims
- Injured On Holiday Compensation Claims
- Criminal Injuries, Abuse And Serious Assaults In Cumbernauld
- Additional No Win No Fee Accident Claims
- Mis Sold Financial Service No Win No Fee Claims
- Claims For Disputed Or Withheld Tenancy Deposits
- Housing Disrepair Claims Against Cumbernauld Landlords
- Start A No Win No Fee Claim Today
- Cumbernauld Resources
Road Accident In Cumbernauld No Win No Fee Claims
If have been involved in a road accident in Cumbernauld which caused you to suffer injuries, then you may well be able to claim compensation if the accident was caused by another road user. All road users owe each other a duty of care to ensure they drive safely, within the law and pay attention properly.
When an accident in Cumbernauld happens, we’d advise you try to do the following:
- Seek medical treatment for your injuries.
- Ask the other road user for their details.
- Photograph the scene of the accident before vehicles are removed.
- Ask witnesses for statements (and dashcam footage if they have it).
- Photograph any visible injuries.
Doing as much of the above as possible will make claiming easier. The support evidence will be used to demonstrate what happened and how you were injured. Common injuries that could occur as a result of a Cumbernauld traffic accident include broken bones, whiplash, head injuries, back injuries and soft tissue damage.
Cumbernauld Medical Negligence No Win No Fee Claims
You might be entitled to make a Cumbernauld medical negligence claim if a medical professional has caused you to become ill or injured during negligent treatment. It’s possible to seek damages against the NHS as well as private healthcare companies.
The types of medical negligence which sometimes lead to a claim include:
- A misdiagnosis or late diagnosis.
- Surgical errors (dental / cosmetic / medical).
- Anaesthetic mistakes.
- Illnesses caused by hospital superbugs.
- Prescription errors.
- Avoidable childbirth injuries.
- Care home negligence.
Cumbernauld Workplace Injury Claims
Under health and safety legislation, if you’re injured while at work because your employer failed to protect you adequately, you could be entitled to compensation.
Claims might be possible if your accident was caused by:
- An unsafe working environment (wet floors, cables trailing across the workspace etc).
- A lack of proper training.
- Damaged or faulty machinery.
- Missing or damaged personal protective equipment.
So long as your claim is honest, your employer can’t discipline or sack you for claiming. They’ll also be covered by insurance to cover the cost of the claim so don’t feel afraid of claiming the compensation you could be entitled to.
Injured On Holiday Compensation Claims
Not only does an accident on holiday ruin your trip, it can mean you suffer pain for a long time after you return to the UK. If the accident was caused by negligence, you could claim compensation for your injuries. There are a couple of ways this might be possible:
- Package holiday claims are possible if you were injured while using one of the services provided by the package holiday operator. This is usually a 3-year time limit for claiming.
- Claims against the responsible party are also possible if you booked your holiday independently. Depending on the country the accident happened in, you may find the time for claiming is reduced.
Criminal Injuries, Abuse And Serious Assaults In Cumbernauld
There is a government scheme known as CICA (Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority), which allows for compensation claims following a violent crime. It’s not the same as a personal injury claim which means there are some differences. These include:
- The time limit for claiming is 2-years.
- You must’ve reported the crime to police.
- The way compensation is paid is different, especially if you sustained multiple injuries.
The scheme allows claims for injuries (both physical and psychological) and some financial losses linked to the injuries (such as loss of income). In some circumstances, the 2-year time limit can be waived.
Additional No Win No Fee Accident Claims
We’re now going to move on to other types of claim that our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Cumbernauld can help with. Before we do, here are a few more personal injury claims which are possible:
- Accidents in public places like shops, footpaths, supermarkets or car parks could all lead to a claim if they were caused by the owner’s negligence. These claims could be against businesses or local authorities.
- Injuries caused by a slip, trip or fall could also lead to a valid claim. Common reasons for a claim include wet floors with no warning signs, broken handrails, trailed cables and poor lighting.
- Accidents involving children could also be claimed for using a personal injury lawyer. As the child can’t represent themselves in legal action, a parent or guardian can make the claim on their behalf before their 18th Failing that, the 3-year time limit applies from the date they turn 18.
Mis Sold Financial Service No Win No Fee Claims
When financial products such as pensions, mortgages, investments and annuities are sold, the financial advisor is under strict regulation from the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). If they fail to follow the rules, and you lose money as a result, you could be entitled to claim compensation.
Use this checklist to see if you could be entitled to claim:
- Did the advisor pressure you into a particular product?
- Were you only given one or two products to choose from meaning you couldn’t make an informed decision?
- Did the advisor fail to tell you about the fees and charges linked to a product?
- Were you advised to move money out of a workplace pension?
- Did the advisor forget to ask about your health and lifestyle before recommending a product?
- Did they fail to tell you the key terms and conditions and then provide you with a printed copy?
- And did you invest in a high-risk product such as carbon credits, property investment schemes or angel investments.
Claims For Disputed Or Withheld Tenancy Deposits
It’s sometimes possible for no win no fee solicitors covering Cumbernauld to claim compensation in tenancy deposit disputes. Landlords are supposed to put deposits into government-backed schemes to help ensure tenants don’t lose them unfairly.
You may be able to make a compensation claim if:
- The landlord doesn’t place the money into a tenancy deposit scheme (TDS) within 30 days of receiving it.
- They fail to tell you which TDS has been used (within 30 days).
- Or the money is withdrawn from the TDS before your tenancy ends.
Housing Disrepair Claims Against Cumbernauld Landlords
When making housing disrepair claims in the UK, there is a protocol used by solicitors and courts to manage the claim. It’s designed to try and resolve cases amicably but if your landlord has failed to repair something, that they’re responsible for, and has caused you to become ill, injured or meant you lost out financially, you could sue for compensation.
Here’s a sample of housing repairs which could lead to a disrepair claim:
- Mould or damp.
- Leaks and blockages.
- Electrical hazards.
- Structural defects.
- Broken hot water or heating.
Claims can be made against private landlords, councils and housing associations. If you’ve reported a fault, please keep hold of any emails or text messages as they could be used as evidence to support your claim.
Start A No Win No Fee Claim Today
When you’re ready to begin your claim, you can call us here at No Win No Fee Expert on 0800 073 8802. If you’d like us to call you instead, please fill in our online enquiry form. For all claims, we’ll follow the process below.
Get In Touch With Us
We’ll begin when you make contact with an advisor.
Discuss Your Situation
They’ll assess your claim for free. If there’s a good chance of compensation, you could be introduced to one of our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Cumbernauld.
Manage Your Claim And Stay Up To Date
We know that during your claim, you’ll probably need to request information or report something to a number of local services. To help you save a bit of time, we’ve listed some of the more common below.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Cumbernauld
During personal injury claims, a solicitor could ask us to arrange a medical assessment for you using one of our panel of independent doctors. Doctors from our panel in the Cumbernauld area include;
|Mohammed Ahmed||Hyndland Road,
Glasgow, G12 9HZ.
|Mark Innes Burgin||The Glasgow Station Clinic,
West George Street,
Glasgow, G2 1DA.
|Liam Roberts||Royal Crescent,
Glasgow, G3 7SL.
When you visit the doctor, they’ll perform a medical assessment and ask you a number of questions. This will help ascertain which injuries you sustained, what affect they had and if they’re fully cured or not. The doctor will then produce a report which will be used by your personal injury solicitor to help determine how much compensation they’ll ask for on your behalf.
University Hospital Monklands
To contact the main hospital that provides services to residents of Cumbernauld, use the details below.
University Hospital Monklands
If you need to get in touch with the NHS trust operating in the Cumbernauld area, you can use these details:
NHS Lanarkshire Headquarters
Glasgow, G71 8BB.
North Lanarkshire Council
Should you need to contact the local authority providing services to Cumbernauld because you need to request information, please use the details below.
North Lanarkshire Council
If you need to contact the local police during your claim, we’ve provided their details below.
PO Box 2460,
Glasgow, G40 9BA.
Written by BT.
Edited by CE.