Are you looking for a no win no fee solicitor to help you seek compensation because somebody else’s negligence has caused you to suffer? If so, you might find this guide helpful as we’re going to provide lots of examples of when you could seek compensation including financial mis-selling claims, medical malpractice cases, holiday illness compensation claims and other personal injury claims too. Specifically, we’re going to look at when you could use no win no fee solicitors covering Cwmbran.
If you’ve been injured or lost out financially because of a negligent act, our panel of no win no fee solicitors are not based in Cwmbran but can cover claims in the area, meaning they could help you. Adding to this, we have a team of specialist advisors who can assess your claim, for free, and provide free legal advice. If you’d like to discuss your claim with them right away, please call 0800 073 8802.
To find out more about no win no fee compensation claims, please continue reading.
What Are The Benefits Of Making A No Win No Fee Claim?
A major benefit of using making a no win no fee claim is that they are less stressful because they reduce the financial risk involved in making a claim. That’s because, when you start the case, you and the solicitor will both sign a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA). This is the agreement which explains that there are no solicitor’s fees to pay unless you receive compensation. When the case is won, and compensation is awarded a “success fee” will be deducted from your compensation to cover the solicitor’s fees.
The CFA will set out what the success fee percentage will be but, by law, it can be no more than 25% of your compensation.
In order to pursue a claim for compensation, you need to have proof that you were made to suffer (either an injury or financial loss, or both) and that you were owed a duty of care by a third party (who was negligent in their actions or omissions).
You’ll also need to ensure your claim is made within the necessary time limit. Failure to do so will result in the claim being invalid. As an example, the personal injury claims time limit is 3-years from the date of an accident or diagnosis of injuries. Other claims can have different time periods for claiming. To check what time limit is relevant to your circumstances, please speak with a member of our team.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim
- Claims For Road And Traffic Accidents In Cwmbran
- No Win No Fee Medical Malpractice Cases
- No Win No Fee Cwmbran Work Injury Compensation Cases
- Holiday Compensation For Illness, Injury Or Flight Delay
- Crime Victim Compensation Claims In The UK
- Other Types Of Personal Injury Claim
- No Win No Fee Financial Mis-Selling Claims
- No Win No Fee Tenancy Deposit Claims
- Claims Against Landlords For A Flat Or House In Disrepair
- Start Your Claim today
- Resources For This Area
Claims For Road And Traffic Accidents In Cwmbran
If you have been involved in a road traffic accident in the UK, if it was caused by another road user and you suffer injuries, you could be entitled to compensation. Claims can be made by any road user including drivers, pedestrians, cyclists, public transport passengers, lorry drivers and motorcyclists. You could also claim if you’re injured in a tractor accident in Cwmbran.
To make a compensation claim for a road accident, we recommend that attempt to gather evidence to prove what happened. Try to:
- Get witnesses details.
- Photograph the scene of the accident.
- See if there is any dashcam footage.
- Attend a GP surgery or A&E for treatment of any injuries.
There are a number of common injuries that could occur in a car accident in Cwmbran including:
- Head injuries.
- Tendon and ligament damage.
- Back injuries.
- Neck and shoulder injuries including whiplash.
- Broken bones and fractures.
No Win No Fee Medical Malpractice Cases
All medical professionals have a duty of care to keep their patients safe wherever possible. If they fail to do so, you could use our panel of no win no fee solicitors to start a medical negligence claim. Usually a claim could be possible if you are made ill, become injured or your existing condition is made worse because of substandard treatment from a medical professional.
Common claims for medical malpractice include:
- Injuries caused by negligent dental, medical or cosmetic surgery.
- Pain in treatment caused by anaesthetic errors.
- Avoidable injuries to mother or baby during childbirth.
- Suffering caused by delayed treatment due to a misdiagnosis.
- Errors with medication which cause side effects.
- Illnesses caused by hospital super bugs.
No Win No Fee Cwmbran Work Injury Compensation Cases
All employers in the UK have a duty of care to keep their staff as safe as possible. The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) provides advice on how risk assessment should be carried out regularly and changes that can be made to avoid risks.
If your employer was negligent and you were injured in a workplace accident, you could seek work injury compensation if it was caused by:
- Damaged or faulty equipment.
- A lack of protective equipment such as safety goggles or hard hats.
- Poor or inadequate training.
- An unsafe working environment.
Holiday Compensation For Illness, Injury Or Flight Delay
If you’re involved in an accident while on holiday abroad, you could suffer well beyond your return to the UK. Therefore, it’s only right that you consider claiming compensation for your injuries.
If you booked a package holiday, you could claim against the provider if the accident happened while using a service within the package. In this instance, you’d usually get 3-years to make your claim. If you booked different parts of the holiday yourself, or if you injured yourself our of the realm of your package holiday you could still claim but the time limit could vary, depending on which country you were in. Call one of our advisors for free advice regarding the nature and circumstances of your claim.
The types of holiday accident claims where it can be proven that you have suffered through no fault of your own include:
- Hotel accidents
- Food poisoning.
- Excursion or sporting activity injuries
- Airport or inflight accidents
- Cruise ship claims
Crime Victim Compensation Claims In The UK
The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) is a government department that allows claims to be made for criminal injuries caused by violent crimes. The scheme operates differently to normal personal injury claims with different eligibility criteria. These include:
- Crimes must have been reported to the police.
- There is a 2-year time limit (which could be waived for extreme or historic cases).
- Compensation amounts are reduced when there are multiple injuries. The most serious injury receives 100% compensation. Subsequent injuries receive reduced payments on a sliding scale based on severity.
Other Types Of Personal Injury Claim
Here are some more claims that a personal injury lawyer covering Cwmbran could help you make:
- Public place accidents – If you are involved in an accident which happens in a public place like a park, footpath or shopping centre, you could sue the owner if they caused the accident through negligence.
- Injuries to children – If you’d like to make a claim for a child injured because of a negligent act, you can do so up until they turn 18. If you’ve not claimed on their behalf, they can do so themselves before they turn 21.
- Slips, trips and falls – these are one of the most common types of accident. If they’re caused through negligence such as slippery floors with no warning signs, uneven footpaths, trailing cables or broken handrails, you could be eligible to claim.
No Win No Fee Financial Mis-Selling Claims
When you buy a financial product like a pension, mortgage, investment or annuity, the financial advisor has to follow strict rules laid down by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). If they fail to do so, and you lose money, you could be entitled to make a financial mis-selling claim.
Some of the rules that need to be adhered to by financial advisors include:
- Ensuring you are aware of all of the fees and charges linked to the product.
- Providing you with a good choice of products so that you can make an informed decision.
- Not pressurising you to pick a particular product.
- Considering your health and lifestyle before recommending a product.
- Providing you with the terms and conditions of any product and discussing the important ones.
No Win No Fee Tenancy Deposit Claims
There are certain rules a landlord needs to follow when you pay them a deposit as part of your tenancy agreement. The Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS) was set up in 2007 to help ensure tenant’s deposits are not retained unfairly. You could be eligible to make a no win no fee tenancy deposit claim if:
- Your landlord did not pay your deposit into an appropriate TDS within 30 days.
- The landlord didn’t tell you which scheme they’d used.
- Or if the deposit was taken out of the scheme before your tenancy agreement ended.
Claims Against Landlords For A Flat Or House In Disrepair
Our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Cwmbran could help you if your house is in disrepair and has caused you to become ill, injured or has caused unnecessary damage to your personal property. If you’ve reported a problem to the local council, a private landlord or a housing association but they’ve failed to repair a problem, you might be entitled to compensation for breaching their duty of care or contractual obligations. The types of repairs they might be obliged to fix include:
- Leaking pipes and roofs.
- Structural defects.
- Electrical or fire risks.
- Damp or mould.
- Broken heating or water boilers.
- Blocked drains.
Start Your Claim today
We hope you’re now ready to begin your claim for compensation. If so, you can either call us on 0800 073 8802 or we can call you back when it’s convenient if you fill in this online form. For all claims, we’ll use the process below:
Get In Touch With Us
When you’re ready, give us a call and we’ll begin.
Discuss Your Situation
Let us know what happened and we’ll assess whether you’ve got a good case. If so, we could introduce you to one of our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Cwmbran.
Manage Your Claim And Stay Up To Date
Resources For This Area
During any no win no fee claim there are a number of things you’ll need to do such as gather evidence and attend a medical assessment. To help you save time, we’ve listed some of the organisations you might need to get in touch with below.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Cwmbran
It’s imperative that as part of your personal injury claim, you are assessed by an independent doctor. We realise that you probably won’t want to travel too far so work with a panel of doctors. Here are a sample of those local to Cwmbran that our panel of no win no fee solicitors could use:
|Louise Whyte||St Woolos Chiropractic Clinic,
Newport, NP20 4ED.
|Heena Singhal||St Joseph's Hospital,
Newport, NP20 6ZE.
|Rhodri Evans||Clytha Park Road,
During your medical assessment, the doctor will ask you a few questions about your injuries. Based on your answers and other information, the doctor will produce a report for your personal injury solicitor. The report is important because it’s used to help calculate how much compensation the solicitor will ask for. It will explain what injuries you sustained, the impact they had on you and also any ongoing problems that will be caused by the injuries.
Grange University Hospital
If you need to contact the local hospital because you need medical records or other information, here are their details.
Grange University Hospital,
Newport, NP44 8YN.
Aneurin Bevan University Health Board
To request information from the main NHS health board, please use the following details.
Aneurin Bevan University Health Board.
Newport, NP18 3XQ.
Torfaen County Borough Council
Here are the details for the local authority which provides services in Cwmbran.
Torfaen County Borough Council
Should you need to contact the police because you require information from them, here are their details.
Gwent Police Headquarters,
Cwmbran, NP44 2XJ.
Written by BT.
Edited by CE.