Dorset No Win No Fee Solicitors – Compensation Claims Compare And Review Guide

No Win No Fee Solicitors Dorset

No Win No Fee Solicitors Dorset

You could use a no win no fee solicitor to help you seek compensation if someone else’s negligence has caused you to suffer. In this guide, we’re going to explain when no win no fee solicitors covering Dorset could help you claim. It could be for a financial mis-selling claim, a claim for housing disrepair or even injuries sustained in a Dorset boat accident.

Here at No Win No Fee Expert, we offer free, no obligation assessment of your claim as well as free advice on claiming. If you are ready to discuss your claim right away, please call a specialist on 0800 073 8802 today.

However, if you’d rather find out more about how our team could help you before you start your claim, please continue reading.

When Could I Claim With A No Win No Fee Solicitor?

A no win no fee solicitor has to pick which cases they take on carefully as their fees won’t be paid if they lose the case. Therefore, before agreeing to take on your claim, they’ll ask you to show that:

  • You were made to suffer;
  • By somebody who owed you a duty of care; and
  • That person was negligent in some way.

Suffering could be in the form of injuries as well as financial losses. Another thing to consider is the time limit for claiming. For example, the personal injury claims time limit is usually 3-years from the date of your accident and a criminal injury claim has 2-years. So that you’re sure you’ve got time, please check with an advisor for any type of claim as they can vary in some circumstances.

If the solicitor is happy to take on your claim, you’ll be given a Conditional Fee Agreement to sign.

This contract clearly states that you don’t need to pay any solicitor’s fees unless you receive compensation. Even if that does happen, you don’t need the funds to pay the solicitor yourself as their ‘success fee’ is deducted from your compensation before it’s sent to you. By law, you can’t be charged any more than 25% of your compensation to cover the success fee.

Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim

Dorset Traffic Accident No Win No Fee Claims

It’s possible that you could claim compensation for a  road traffic accident if you were injured because of a negligent road user. There are a number of common injuries which can occur following a car crash including:

  • Fractured or broken bones.
  • Head injuries (including concussion).
  • Severe cuts, bruises and abrasions.
  • Back injuries.
  • Neck injuries including whiplash.
  • Soft tissue damage.

To be able to claim for a road traffic accident, it’s best to get as much evidence as possible because once the scene of an accident is cleared, proving what’s happened becomes difficult. Therefore, try to:

  • Get the other driver’s details.
  • Take photographs before anything is removed from the scene.
  • Visit your GP or A&E for treatment. Also, medical records can be used as supporting evidence.
  • Ask witnesses for their details.
  • Try to obtain a dashcam footage to support your claim.

Claim For Medical Negligence Compensation Against Providers In Dorset

When you need any form of medical treatment, you need to trust the medical professional and put your faith in them. However, if they breach that trust and caused you an injury or make you ill due to substandard treatment you could claim for medical negligence compensation from them.

Claims are possible for negligence in cosmetic and medical treatment. Also, you could still sue even if you’ve signed a waiver or consent form.

It’s important to note that claims are possible against the NHS as well as private health care providers.

Some examples of medical negligence include:

  • Suffering caused by a misdiagnosis.
  • Avoidable injuries caused by negligent surgery.
  • Pain caused by anaesthetic errors.
  • Medication errors causing suffering.
  • Pneumonia, sepsis and other conditions caused by hospital superbugs.
  • Injuries sustained during childbirth which were avoidable.

Dorset Work Injury Compensation Claims

Under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974,  it is the duty of your employer to maintain your safety while. While it’s not possible to make any workplace completely risk free, the employer should assess the workplace regularly and remove any dangers highlighted where possible.

Therefore, it might be possible for our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Dorset to help you claim if your accident was caused by:

  • An unsafe working environment.
  • Inadequate training.
  • Ineffective safety equipment.
  • Damaged or unmaintained machinery.

If you’d like to begin a work injury compensation claim today, please call an advisor.

Claim For A Flight Injury Or Accident On Holiday

Our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Dorset could help you claim for an accident on holiday if it was caused by somebody else. Here are two scenarios describing how claims could be made:

  1. Package holiday claims are possible against the holiday provider if you were injured while using a service they sold you and it was caused by negligence. In general, you’ll have a 3-year time limit for package holiday claims.
  2. However, if you booked your holiday independently, a claim could still be made but you would be claiming using local laws meaning the time limit might differ.

The types of accidents and illnesses that lead to a claim include hire car collisions, airport accidents, food poisoning, cruise ship accidents, hotel accidents and also accidents while participating in excursions and sporting activities.

Claim Compensation For A Criminal Injury In Dorset

Did you know that you could claim compensation for a criminal injury? Well, it is possible, but you probably won’t make a personal injury claim against the criminal. Instead, the claim could be made using the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA).

CICA is a government department which allows compensation claims for injuries caused due to violent crimes. You could claim for physical or psychological injuries but there are some eligibility criteria for doing so.

First of all, you need to have reported the crime to police. Also, the claim has to be made within the 2-year time limit. However, this can be waived in certain circumstances.

To find out whether you could begin a CICA claim, please contact one of our specialists today.

What Other Personal Injury Claims Are Handled By No Win No Fee Solicitors?

Here are some more claims that a personal injury lawyer could help you with:

  • Claiming for a slip, trip or fall might be possible if it was caused due to somebody else’s mistake or negligence. For instance, if you slipped on an icy path that hadn’t been cleared properly, you could be eligible to make a claim.
  • When you suffer an injury in a public place like a shopping centre, a car park or a train station, you could claim against the business or local authority if it was their negligence which led to the accident.
  • As children can’t represent themselves legally, a parent or guardian can become their ‘litigation friend’ to represent them in legal matters. Therefore, you can claim on a child’s behalf at any point before their 18th birthday. After that, if you haven’t claimed, they have 3 years to make their own claim.

Mis Sold Annuity Or Pension Claims

When you use a financial advisor to purchase products like annuities, mortgages, investments and mortgages, they must abide by rules set out by the Financial Conduct Authority. If they don’t, and you lose money as a result, you could claim compensation from them.

Some of the more important rules include:

  • Pressure must never be applied to force you to choose.
  • Terms and conditions must be clearly explained.
  • A range of products should be offered so you can make an informed decision.
  • Fees and charges need to be explained.
  • Your health and lifestyle need to be considered before anything is recommended.

If you’d like to claim for a mis-sold annuity or other financial product, please call to discuss your options today.

Tenancy Deposit Dispute Compensation Claims

Our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Dorset could help you claim if your landlord has breached the rules surrounding Tenancy Deposit Schemes (TDS). These have applied to councils, private landlords and housing associations since 2007. They were designed to try and help reduce the risk of tenants losing their deposits unfairly.

Therefore, if your landlord has breached any of the following rules, and you’ve lost out as a result, we could help you to make a claim:

  • Any deposit must be placed into a suitable TDS within 30 days.
  • It must remain in the TDS until the end of your tenancy agreement.
  • You must be informed, in writing and within 30 days, of which scheme was used.

Claim Your Housing Disrepair Compensation

All landlords have a duty of care to keep their properties habitable. This means that they need to make repairs when problems or defects are identified. Failure to do so, which causes a tenant to become ill or injured, could lead to a housing disrepair claim. It’s also possible to claim if your belongings become damaged by an unrepaired fault.

The types of defects which might lead to a claim include:

  • Broken heating or hot water boilers.
  • Damp or mould.
  • Leaks from a pipe or roof.
  • Blocked drains.
  • Electrical hazards.
  • Structural defects.

Making your housing disrepair claim couldn’t be easier, so please call our advisors on the number at the top of the screen today.

How Do I Start My Claim?

Hopefully, you’re now ready to begin your compensation claim. If so, you can call us on 0800 073 8802 or we can call you if you complete our online enquiry form. We’ll use the following process for all enquiries:

Get In Touch With Us

First of all, we can’t begin until you reach out to us.

Discuss Your Situation

An advisor will assess your claim and evidence for free. They could then introduce you to one of our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Dorset at this point.

Manage Your Claim And Stay Up To Date

Should the solicitor agree to take on your claim, they’ll provide regular updates as things progress.

Dorset Area Resources

When you make a no win no fee claim, you’ll probably need to contact at least one local agency to make a report or to request information. Therefore we’ve provide details of local hospitals, police and councils below.

Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Dorset

If you’re making a personal injury claim, you’ll need to be medically assessed by a doctor. So that you don’t need to travel too far for your appointment, your solicitor could arrange your appointment with a panel of doctors.

Some of those covering Dorset include:

Andre Brittain-DissontHinton Road,
Bournemouth, BH1 2EF.
Mahmoud ShoshtariChickerell Road,
Weymouth, DT4 9SY.
Mark Linley-AdamsBWT Physiotherapy,
Sprinfield Road,
Poole, BH14 0HU.

During your appointment, the doctor will ask some questions about your injuries. When the appointment is over, the doctor will prepare a report for your personal injury solicitor that will include information about:

  • The injuries you sustained.
  • How severe they were.
  • What impact they had on your daily activities.
  • And finally, whether you are likely to suffer any long-term effects.

The report is a vital piece of evidence and will be used by your solicitor to help calculate how much compensation you could be entitled to. Therefore, medical assessments are essential in all personal injury claims.

Dorset County Hospital

So that you can contact the main hospital in the area, we’ve provided their details below:

Dorset County Hospital,
Williams Avenue,
Dorchester, DT1 2JY.

Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Here are the details for the main NHS trust in Dorset:

Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
Trust Headquarters,
Williams Avenue,
Dorset, DT1 2JY.

Dorset Council

Should you need to contact the local authority because you want to report an incident, here are their details:

Dorset Council,
County Hall,
Colliton Park,
Dorset, DT1 1XJ.

Dorset Police

Finally, here are the details for the local police force:

Dorset Police,
Police Headquarters,
Dorset, DT2 8DZ.

Written by BT.

Edited by CE.