We are strong believers that if somebody else’s negligence causes you to suffer, then it’s only right that you should consider using a no win no fee solicitor to help seek compensation for your suffering. There are numerous types of claim that no win no fee solicitors covering Dover could help you with, which we’ll cover in this guide. You might want to claim for an accident on holiday, seek compensation for medical negligence in Kent or you might want to claim compensation because you were injured at work. Whatever the reason for your claim, this guide should prove useful.
While we’re not based in the area, we are a nationwide company which means our panel of no win no fee solicitors can handle Dover claims. To discuss whether you’re able to claim compensation, why not call our team of specialists on 0800 073 8802. We offer a free consultation and there’s no obligation to proceed.
If you’d like to find out more about how solicitor covering Dover, Kent could help you, please continue reading.
What Does No Win No Fee Mean For Me?
When you use a solicitor on a no win no fee basis, you’ll enter into a contract known as a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA). Under a CFA, you will not have to pay you solicitor’s fees unless your case is won. To cover the solicitor’s fees, a “success fee” is deducted automatically from your compensation before it’s paid to you. Success fees, by law, can be no more than 25% of your compensation.
As the solicitor risks not being paid for their work, they’ll only offer no win no fee services for claims they think could win compensation. Therefore, they’ll usually ask you to show that somebody else was negligent causing you to suffer and that the other person owed you a duty of care.
Another important part of claiming are the time limits. Different claims have different time limits. For instance, the personal injury claims time limit is 3-years from the date of a diagnosis or the date an accident occurred. Understanding which time limit applies can be tricky. For free advice about whether you’re able to claim, please call and speak with a member of our team.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim
- Dover Traffic And Road Accident Claims
- Clinical And Medical Negligence Compensation Claims
- Injured At Work In Dover Compensation Claims
- Claim Compensation For An Accident On Holiday
- Victim Of Violent Crime Compensation Examples
- Are There Other Injury Claims You Could Make?
- Financial Services Mis-Selling Regulation And Redress
- Claims For Disputed And Withheld Tenancy Deposits
- Housing Disrepair Solicitors Covering Dover
- How To Get In Touch With Our Team
- Dover Area Resources And Information
Dover Traffic And Road Accident Claims
Any type of road traffic accident (RTA) could lead to a compensation claim, including a Dover car accident, a pedestrian accident, a cyclist accident or even a Dover bus accident, so long as the accident was caused by another road user’s negligence.
There are many injuries caused during an RTA. Here are some commonly claimed for:
- Cuts and lacerations caused by smashed glass.
- Head injuries (including concussion).
- Back injuries.
- Fractures or broken bones.
- Soft tissue injuries, bruises and sprains.
To help a personal injury lawyer covering Dover, Kent, you should try to gather evidence to support your claim. This can include:
- Medical records following a visit to a hospital or GP surgery.
- Dashcam footage.
- Witness contact details.
- Photographs taken at the scene of the accident.
- Pictures of any visible injuries.
Clinical And Medical Negligence Compensation Claims
A personal injury solicitor might be able to claim for medical negligence if you’ve suffered an injury or become ill following negligent treatment by a medical professional. Claims could be made because of negligent treatment from an NHS or private healthcare employee and could include claims for cosmetic or medical treatments.
Some common reasons for seeking medical negligence compensation include:
- Injuries, which were avoidable, that occurred during childbirth.
- A cancer misdiagnosis which led to delayed treatment.
- Sepsis, pneumonia or other illnesses caused by hospital super bugs.
- Negligent surgery (dental, cosmetic or medical) causing injuries.
- Prescription mistakes.
- Anaesthetic mistakes.
Injured At Work In Dover Compensation Claims
If you suffer an injury at work, you might be entitled to a compensation payment if the accident was caused by negligence on behalf of your employer. Under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, employers need to try and keep staff as safe as possible while at work.
In real terms, this means they need to reduce any risks they identify where possible. You might therefore be able to claim if you’re injured in a workplace accident caused by:
- Faulty or damaged machinery. This could also include machinery that’s not been maintained according to manufacturer guidelines.
- Inadequate training on the task in which you were injured.
- A lack of protective equipment.
- An unsafe working environment. This could include uneven flooring, cables trailed across the working area, electrical hazards and slippery floors.
Claim Compensation For An Accident On Holiday
When you’re injured on holiday, you could use a no win no fee solicitor to seek compensation for those injuries. If you booked a package holiday, you’ll usually have 3-years to make your claim providing the injury was suffered on an arrangement included within the package. For holidays booked independently, your claim will be made using local laws, so the time limit might vary.
The types of claim that you might want to consider making include:
- Hotel accidents.
- Injuries caused by airport transfer or hire car collisions.
- Sporting activity or excursion-based accidents.
- Cruise ship or tendering accidents.
- Food poisoning.
- In flight or airport accidents.
Victim Of Violent Crime Compensation Examples
The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) is a government run scheme which allows claims for injuries caused by violent crimes.
As this is not a personal injury claim, CICA claims have a number of differences which you should be aware of. Firstly, there is 2-year time limit for claims and you have to have reported the crime to police. The amount of compensation paid reduces on sliding scale if you have multiple injuries. In these cases, your most serious injury could be compensated with 100% of the payment amount and then subsequent injuries will receive a smaller percentage.
Are There Other Injury Claims You Could Make?
Before we look at other types of claim no win no fee solicitors covering Dover could help with, here are a few more personal injury claims you could make.
- A public place accident in Dover – If the body responsible for a public place like a car park, footpath or shopping centre caused you to suffer an injury due to negligence, you could claim against them.
- Claims on behalf of children – A parent or responsible adult can represent a child and make personal injury claim on their behalf up until they turn 18th. If a claim isn’t made, the victim could claim themselves before they turn 21.
- Slip, trip and fall claims – These are common in everyday life and at work. Slips or falls caused by uneven flooring, slippery floors, trailed cables or trip hazards which were difficult to see due to poor lighting could all lead to a compensation claim.
Financial Services Mis-Selling Regulation And Redress
When you purchase a financial product such as a mortgage, investment, pension or annuity, you are protected by rules that the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) places on financial advisors.
The rules are designed to ensure you can make an informed decision about all products available and you’re not sold a product just because the advisor might get paid more for selling it.
You could seek compensation if you lost money and:
- You weren’t made aware of any ongoing fees or charges.
- The advisor told you to move money away from a workplace pension.
- You were put under pressure to make a choice.
- There wasn’t a good range of products to choose from.
- The terms and conditions weren’t explained to you.
Claims For Disputed And Withheld Tenancy Deposits
Under UK legislation, a landlord needs to ensure that any deposit paid to them is placed into a government backed tenancy deposit scheme (or TDS). You might be able to claim compensation against your landlord if:
- Your deposit wasn’t placed in a TDS within 30 days.
- The landlord didn’t write to you to explain which scheme had been used.
- The deposit was removed from the TDS before your tenancy came to an end.
Housing Disrepair Solicitors Covering Dover
You could use a housing disrepair solicitor to seek compensation if your landlord has failed to fix a problem which has caused damage to your personal property or caused you to become ill or injured.
Here are some faults which could lead to housing disrepair claims:
- Mould or damp.
- Electrical hazards.
- Structural problems.
- Leaking roofs or pipes.
- Blocked drains.
- A lack of hot water or heating.
In order to make a claim, the issue must have been reported to the landlord prior to the damage, injury or illness suffered as a result. Call us today to find out more about housing disrepair compensation claims.
How To Get In Touch With Our Team
If you would like to discuss starting a no win no fee claim today, call us on 0800 073 8802. Alternatively, we could call you at a convenient time. To arrange this, please fill in this online form. For all enquires, we’ll use the following process:
Get In Touch With Us
We can only start your claim when you pick up the phone.
Discuss Your Situation
We’ll look at why your claiming and assess the chances of winning compensation. We could introduce you to one of our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Dover at this point.
Manage You Claim And Stay Up To Date
Dover Area Resources And Information
In many no win no fee claims, you’ll need to contact a number of local agencies for information. To save you looking for them, we’ve provided details for some of the more common below.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Dover
When you begin a personal injury claim, we’ll need to arrange a medical assessment by an independent doctor. We know that no-one wants to travel too far during their claim, so we have a panel of doctors across the UK. Here a sample of the doctors covering the Dover area we could use:
|Satheesh Sankaragounder||Dover Physio Clinic,
Dover, CT16 1EB
|Amnish Agarwal||York Street,
Broadstairs, CT10 1PB
|Laura Sanchez Pallares||Upper Bridge Street,
Canterbury, CT1 2NF.
Your doctor will assess you medically and then ask you some questions about your injuries. They’ll use the answer to those questions to create a report for your personal injury lawyer. The report will provide the following information:
- Details of your injuries and how severe they were.
- What impact they had on you.
- Whether they’ll continue to affect you in later life.
This report will then be used by your solicitor to work out how much compensation you might be entitled to claim.
Here are the details for the main hospital in Dover in case you require any information from them during your claim.
Coombe Valley Road,
East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust
Should you require any information from the NHS covering Dover, you can use the following details.
East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust.
Dover District Council
In case you require any information from the local authority, we’ve provided their details here.
Dover District Council
If you need to contact the local police while making your claim, you can use the following details.
Kent Police Headquarters
Written by B.T.
Edited by H.E.