Durham No Win No Fee Solicitors – Compensation Claims Compare And Review Guide

No Win No Fee Solicitors Durham

No Win No Fee Solicitors Durham

If you are looking for a no win no fee solicitor because somebody else’s negligence has caused you to suffer, then you should find this guide useful. This guide will cover different types of claim you could make including a medical negligence case, a claim for road accident compensation, compensation for the mis-selling of financial products or even claiming for disrepair in social housing. Furthermore, we’ll provide information about when no win no fee solicitors covering Durham could help you make a claim.

We’re a nationwide company with a panel of no win no fee solicitors who can handle Durham claims. If you’d like to discuss whether you’re eligible to claim or not, why not call a specialist advisor on 0800 073 8802 today? They offer a free consultation and free legal advice about your claim.

If you’d like to find out more about no win no fee claims before contacting us, please continue reading this handy guide.

How Do No Win No Fee Solicitors Work?

A no win no fee solicitor works on the basis that their fees are only paid if they successfully win compensation for their client. A solicitor will need to demonstrate that you’ve suffered because somebody who owed you a duty of care was negligent. This could result in physical or psychological injuries as well as financial losses, all of which could be claimed for using a no win no fee service.

When you and the solicitor are happy to proceed, you’ll be provided with a Conditional Fee Agreement (or CFA). It will confirm that your solicitor’s fees are only payable providing you win compensation. Should that happen, the solicitor will deduct a “success fee” from your compensation.

It’s worth noting that claims need to be made within the relevant time limits. This varies between different types of claim, but the personal injury claims time limit is generally 3-years from when the accident happened or the injuries were diagnosed. If after reading this guide, you’re unsure how long you have to make a claim, please do check with one of our friendly advisors.

Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim

No Win No Fee Durham Road Accident Compensation Claims

A common claim handled by our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Durham are for injuries sustained in a road traffic accident (RTA). If you’re involved in an accident in Durham which was caused by another road user’s error, you could seek damages for a number of different injuries. These include head injuries, back injuries, broken bones, cuts and lacerations, whiplash and other neck injuries, strains, sprains bruising and soft tissue injuries.

The problem with RTAs is that when the accident scene has been cleared up it becomes more difficult to gather evidence to prove what happened. If you’re injured in a car accident in Durham, we’d suggest:

  • Photographing the scene of the accident ASAP.
  • Asking witnesses for their details.
  • Seeing if any vehicles are fitted with dashcam devices.
  • Seeking medical treatment.
  • Photographing any visible injuries.
  • Writing down what happened.

A personal injury lawyer will find it much easier to build a claim if you have as much of the above evidence as possible.

No Win No Fee Medical Negligence Cases

Claims for medical negligence might be possible if a medical professional has been negligent which caused you to become ill or injured. That might be the case even if you signed a consent form or waiver prior to treatment.

There are a number of different reasons why medical negligence could be claimed for including:

  • Injuries caused by negligent cosmetic, dental or medical surgery.
  • Suffering caused by a cancer misdiagnosis which means treatment was delayed.
  • Errors with medication leading to unwanted side effects.
  • Mistakes made in childbirth leading to avoidable injuries (for mother or baby).
  • Negligence in care homes which leads to conditions such as bed sores.
  • Illnesses caused by MRSA or other hospital super bugs.

It’s possible to make medical negligence claims against any medical professional employed by the NHS or a private health company. The claim can cover negligence during cosmetic treatments as well as medical treatment.

No Win No Fee Durham Workplace Injury Compensation Claims

All employers, whether larger or small, have a duty of care towards their staff under the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974). That means if they breach their duty of care and you’re injured because of their negligence then you might be able to claim for workplace injury compensation.

It’s possible you could begin a claim because you’ve suffered an injury at work caused by:

  • Damaged, faulty or unmaintained machinery or equipment.
  • An unsafe working environment (uneven flooring, slippery floors or cables trailed across the work area).
  • A lack of proper training.
  • Unsuitable personal protective equipment.

It’s illegal for your employer to discipline or sack you for making a claim. Therefore, don’t be put off and consider making a claim for the compensation you might be entitled to.

Claim Compensation If Injured On Holiday

When you’re injured on holiday, not only could your holiday be ruined, you might end up with injuries which have an affect on you after you return to the UK. The types of holiday accident claim you might want to make include those for:

  • Food poisoning.
  • Injuries caused by airport transfers or hire cars.
  • Airport injuries or in-flight injuries.
  • Hotel accidents.
  • Excursion or activity-based accidents.
  • Cruise ship accidents.

The time limit for claiming for holiday accidents can vary. For holidays booked through a UK package holiday provider, you will usually have up to 3-years to claim. However the accident must have happened on an arrangement provided within the package holiday. For holidays booked independently, the time limit will vary as you’ll be claiming using the legislation of the country where the accident happened.

Our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Durham could help with holiday accident claims so please call today for a free assessment of your case.

Criminal Injury Claim Solicitors Covering Durham

It’s sometimes possible for criminal injury claim solicitors to make a claim through a scheme known as the Criminal Injury Compensation Authority (or CICA). This is a government scheme which allows you to claim for psychological or physical injuries caused by violent crimes. You could also claim back financial losses caused by the injuries such as lost income.

The scheme as a 2-year time limit for claiming but this can be exempt for circumstances involving historical cases of sexual abuse. In addition to this, the police must’ve been told about the crime.

For advice about beginning a CICA claim, please contact an advisor today.

Examples Of Other Accident Claims

Here are some more personal injury claims you could make:

  • Claims on behalf of children.
    A child needs an adult to represent them in legal action. Therefore, at any point before they turn 18, you could make a personal injury claim on their behalf.
  • Public place accidents.
    If the local authority or business responsible for a public place (a park, footpath, shopping centre, train station etc) is negligent causing you to become injured, you could claim compensation against them.
  • Slips, trips or falls.
    This is one of the most common accidents to happen in daily life and while at work. If the accident was caused by an uneven surface, a broken handrail or a slippery floor (with inadequate warning signs), you could claim against the negligent party.

We’re now going to move on to different types of claim that our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Durham could help you with.

How To Claim Compensation For Mis Selling Of Financial Services

The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has introduced stronger regulations to protect consumers who are buying financial products such as pensions, annuities, mortgages or investments. This means that if you lose out financially because of poor or negligent advice from a financial advisor, you could be entitled to compensation.

Some reasons for making a claim if you’ve lost money include:

  • Your advisor pressured you during the sales process.
  • The advisor didn’t explain the fees, charges or terms and conditions.
  • You weren’t given a good range of products to choose from.
  • Your health or lifestyle weren’t considered before a product was recommended.
  • The advisor recommended moving funds out of a workplace pension.

Tenancy Deposit Compensation Claims

In 2007, the UK government introduced Tenancy Deposit Schemes (TDS) to prevent tenants from losing their deposit unfairly. If a landlord doesn’t follow the TDS rules, then tenancy deposit compensation claims could be possible.

Under the rules, the landlord should:

  • Put your deposit in a government backed TDS within 30 days of you paying it.
  • Make sure they tell you, in writing or in an email, which scheme they’ve used (also within 30 days).
  • Keep the deposit within the TDS for the whole of your tenancy.

If they have breached any of the above, you might be entitled to begin a claim against them.

Claim Compensation For Disrepair In Private Or Social Housing

When you rent a property from a housing association, the council or a private landlord, they have a duty of care and contractual obligation to fix certain problems when they’re reported to them. You be able to make a housing disrepair claim because an unrepaired problem causes:

  • Damage to your personal belongings.
  • You to become ill or suffer an injury.

The types of fault which could lead to a claim include:

  • Structural defects.
  • Leaks (roofs or pipes).
  • Damp or mould.
  • Fire or electrical hazards.
  • Broken heating or hot water boilers.
  • Blocked drainage systems.

In such cases, the issue must have been reported to the landlord prior to any harm suffered or damage to belongings.

Begin A Compensation Claim Today

If you’re ready to begin a claim today, you can call our advisors on 0800 073 8802. If it’s easier for us to call you, then please fill in this online enquiry form. For all enquires, we’ll use the following process:

Get In Touch With Us

We’ll start the claims process when you get in touch with us.

Discuss Your Situation

You can let us know what you’re claiming for and we’ll assess your chances of winning compensation for free.

Manage Your Claim And Stay Up To Date

We could introduce you to one of our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Durham when we feel your case is strong enough. If we do, and they take on your claim, you’ll receive regular updates as the case advances.

Durham Area Resources

In our experience, during any type of claim you’ll probably need to make contact with at least one local agency. Therefore, to save you a bit of time, we’ve provided some of the details you might need below.

Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Durham

When you make any kind of personal injury claim, you’ll need to undergo a medical assessment performed by an independent doctor. We pride ourselves in the fact that we can arrange these locally for many people as we have a panel of doctors across the UK. In the Durham area, we could use:

Guy StevensonOld Elvet,
Durham, DH1 3JN.
Ian KerssOld Pit Physiotherapy,
Front Street,
Durham, DH1 5DE.
Sumeet VoharaThe Rivergreen Centre,
Aykley Heads,
Durham, DH1 5TS.

The appointment will include an assessment and the doctor will ask you a number of questions. Based on your answers, the doctor will write a report for your personal injury solicitor which will detail the injuries, their severity, their impact and whether they’ll be any future impact on you.

This report is a vital document because it will be used by your solicitor as a basis for calculating the amount of compensation they’ll ask for.

University Hospital Of North Durham

In case you need to contact the main hospital in Durham, we’ve included their details below.

University Hospital of North Durham
North Road,
County Durham, DH1 5TW.

County Durham And Darlington NHS Foundation Trust

If you need to contact the local NHS trust because you need medical records or other information, we’ve added their details here.

County Durham And Darlington NHS Foundation Trust
Trust Headquarters,
Hollyhurst Road,
County Durham, DL3 6HX.

Durham County Council

In case you need to get in touch with the local authority covering Durham, we’ve provided contact details below.

Durham County Council,
County Hall,
DH1 5UL.
Web: https://durham.gov.uk

Durham Constabulary

If you’d like to discuss anything with the local police, use the details below.

Durham Constabulary
Police Headquarters,
Aykley Heads,
Durham, DH1 5TT.

Written by B.T.

Edited by H.E.