A no win no fee solicitor could help you seek compensation for any form of suffering caused by somebody else’s negligence. In this guide, we’re going to specifically look at how no win no fee solicitors covering Essex could help you claim and the types of claims they could handle. For instance, you could claim for financial mis-selling, workplace accidents and medical negligence amongst other claims.
Our panel of solicitors are not based in Essex but can handle claims for compensation in that area easily. Furthermore, here at No Win No Fee Expert, we have a team of specialist advisors who offer a no obligation assessment of all claims as well as free advice. To discuss your claim right away, please call on 0800 073 8802.
If you would like more information about the types of claims possible before calling us, please continue reading.
Making A No Win No Fee Claim
Before taking on a claim, a no win no fee solicitor will check that it’s viable and there’s a chance of winning compensation. Therefore, you’ll probably be asked to show that:
- Somebody who owed you a duty of care;
- Was negligent; and
- Due to their negligence, you were made to suffer (physically, psychologically or financially).
Also, your claim will need to be made on time. There is a personal injury claims time limit which is 3-years from the date of an accident or from when a doctor diagnosed your injuries. Different claims have different time limits. For instance, criminal injury claims generally have a 2-year time limit whereas package holiday claims usually have 3-years. When you’ve read this guide, please call an advisor if you need to know how long you have to make your claim.
Once the solicitor is happy to take on your claim, you’ll both sign a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA). This agreement clearly states that there are no solicitor’s fees to pay unless you are compensated and what the ‘success fee’ will be when you are.
Success fees are taken from your compensation before it’s sent to you to cover the solicitor’s work. By law, they can be no more than 25%. Because the success fee is listed in your CFA, there are no surprises when a claim is settled.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim
- No Win No Fee Essex Car Accident Compensation Claims
- Claim For Medical Negligence Which Happened In Essex
- No Win No Fee Work Injury Compensation Claims
- Claim For An Injury On Holiday With A No Win No Fee Solicitor
- Essex Criminal Injury Victim Compensation Claims
- Further Examples Of Personal Injury Claims
- Claim Back For A Mis Sold Pension Or Investment
- Claim If A Tenancy Deposit Is Not Protected Or Is Withheld
- Claims Against Landlords In Essex For Housing Disrepair
- How To Start A No Win No Fee Claim
- Resources Or Services Covering Essex
No Win No Fee Essex Car Accident Compensation Claims
Unfortunately, across the UK, there are many types of road traffic accident which could result in a person suffering unnecessary injuries. These include a car accident, a bus accident, and even a fatal Essex accident. In all cases, if the accident was caused because another road user was negligent, a claim could be possible.
Some of the more common injuries that lead to a claim include whiplash, broken bones, head injuries, severe cuts, bruises and lacerations, and soft tissue damage.
If you’re involved in a traffic accident, we recommend that you:
- Take photographs of the accident scene before vehicles are moved.
- Get the other drivers details without admitting liability or apologising.
- Asking witnesses for their details or for a copy of any available dashcam footage.
- Visiting your GP or local A&E for treatment of your injuries.
Claim For Medical Negligence Which Happened In Essex
All medical professionals have a duty of care towards their patient’s safety. That’s the case for NHS staff as well as private medical companies. Therefore, it could be possible to claim for medical negligence if you suffer an injury or become ill due to negligent medical treatment.
You could even claim for negligence in medical or cosmetic treatments where you’ve signed a waiver.
Some examples of medical negligence include:
- Pain caused in treatment because of an anaesthetic error.
- Suffering caused in care homes due to bedsores.
- Negligent cosmetic, medical or dental surgery that results in avoidable injuries.
- Medication errors causing suffering.
- Suffering caused by delayed treatment due to a misdiagnosis.
- Injuries sustained during childbirth which were avoidable.
No Win No Fee Work Injury Compensation Claims
Should you suffer an accident at work, our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Essex could handle your claim if the was caused because your employer was negligent.
Under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, all employers, whether large or small, need to keep their staff as safe as possible while at work. Also, they should assess the workplace regularly and try to remove any hazards where possible.
Therefore, it might be possible to make a claim for work injury compensation if your accident was caused by:
- A dangerous workplace (uneven floors, leaks, electrical hazards etc).
- Broken or unmaintained equipment.
- Insufficient training.
- A lack of safety equipment (hard hats, safety goggles etc).
Claim For An Injury On Holiday With A No Win No Fee Solicitor
If you’re on holiday abroad, if there’s an accident caused by somebody else’s negligence, the remainder of your trip could be completely ruined. Furthermore, it might also cause problems when you return to the UK.
Therefore, you might want to claim for an injury on holiday but who do you claim against? Well, there’s a couple of options. First of all, if your accident happened while using a service sold by a UK package holiday company, you could claim against them. This will usually result in a 3-year time limit for claiming.
Alternatively, when you’ve booked the holiday in any other way, claiming against the responsible party is still be possible. The main difference is that you’ll claim under local laws which could mean you’ll have a different time limit.
Essex Criminal Injury Victim Compensation Claims
There are times when our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Essex could help you make a Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) claim. CICA is a government department that allows claims for physical or psychological injuries caused by violent crimes.
A CICA claim is not a personal injury claim, so the rules for claiming and eligibility criteria differ. For instance, there’s a 2-year time limit and crimes have to have been reported to the police.
Further Examples Of Personal Injury Claims
In brief, here are some more claims that a personal injury solicitor could help you with:
- Claims for children’s injuries are possible at any point before they turn 18 if a parent (or responsible adult) represents them as a ‘litigation friend’. If that doesn’t happen, when the child becomes 18, they have 3-years to make their own claim.
- Should you suffer an injury following an accident in a public place, because the local authority or business was negligent, you could seek compensation from them.
- Finally, if you are injured during a slip, trip or fall, you could make a claim. That could be the case if the accident was caused due to negligence. An example could be where you trip over cables that were trailed over a walkaway with no warning signs.
Claim Back For A Mis Sold Pension Or Investment
You might be entitled to claim back losses caused by a mis-sold pension, annuity, investment or mortgage if the advisor who sold it to you breached Financial Conduct Authority rules.
Some of the main rules include:
- Clearly explaining all of the terms and conditions and then providing a written copy.
- Checking the lifestyle and health history of the client before recommending a product.
- Ensuring any ongoing charges or fees are explained clearly.
- Providing a range of products to choose from so the client can make an informed decision.
- Not pressuring the client into a choice.
Claim If A Tenancy Deposit Is Not Protected Or Is Withheld
When a private landlord, council or housing association requests a deposit to secure a property, there are certain rules they have to follow. The government introduced Tenancy Deposit Schemes (TDS) to help reduce the risk of tenants losing their deposit unfairly.
You could, therefore, claim if the tenancy deposit scheme rules are broken. These include:
- Landlords must pay the deposit into a recognised TDS within 30 days.
- They must tell the tenant which scheme has been used.
- Finally, the deposit must not be withdrawn before the end of a tenancy.
Claims Against Landlords In Essex For Housing Disrepair
You could use our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Essex if you have been injured or become ill due to housing disrepair. All landlords have a duty of care and contractual obligation to maintain their properties so that they are habitable. Failure to do so could mean you are eligible to claim compensation. You could also claim if the landlord was aware of a defect that they failed to repair which caused your belongings to become damaged.
How To Start A No Win No Fee Claim
Hopefully, you would like to begin your claim with our panel of solicitors today. If so, please call our specialist advisors on 0800 073 8802 or complete this online enquiry form so that we can call you back. For any of the claims that we discuss, we’ll use the following process:
Get In Touch With Us
First of all, to begin your claim, please contact an advisor.
Discuss Your Situation
They’ll assess your claim and the evidence you have to support it for free. At this point, we could introduce you to one of our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Essex.
Manage Your Claim And Stay Up To Date
Resources Or Services Covering Essex
It’s highly probable that you’ll need to contact the police, a hospital or the local authority during your no win no fee claim. Therefore, we’ve decided to list their details in the following sections of the guide.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Essex
During any personal injury claim, you’ll need to be medically assessed by an independent doctor. So that you don’t have to travel too far, your solicitor could arrange your appointment using one of our panel of doctors. Here are some that cover the Essex region:
|Colin Marks||Brentwood Road,
Essex, RM1 2SB.
|Alfred Garwood||Hawkspur Green,
Essex, CM7 4SH.
|ihad Salloum||King George Hospital,
Essex, IG3 8YB.
The assessment will consist of a medical check-up as well as some questions about your injuries. Your doctor will then write a report for your personal injury lawyer which will contain details about your injuries, including:
- The injuries you suffered.
- Their severity.
- How the injuries affected you.
- Finally, whether the injuries will affect you in the future.
Based on the report, your solicitor will calculate the amount of compensation they will request. Therefore, a medical assessment is mandatory for all personal injury claims.
Herts And Essex Community Hospital
So that you can contact the local hospital, we’ve included their details here:
Herts and Essex Community Hospital,
Hertfordshire, CM23 5JH.
Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust
Here are the details for the local NHS trust providing services in Essex:
Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust.
Trust Head Office,
Essex, SS11 7XX.
Essex County Council
If you need to contact the local authority because you want to report an incident, please use the following:
Essex County Council,
19 Market Road,
Chelmsford, CM1 1QH.
Finally, if you need to contact the police, here are their details:
Chelmsford, CM2 6DN.
Written by BT.
Edited by CE.