This guide is going to explain when you could use no win no fee solicitors covering Exeter to help you claim compensation for an injury, a financial loss or any other suffering caused by somebody else. We’ll cover different types of claims including those for an Exeter traffic accident, financial services mis-selling claims, accident at work claims and other types of personal injury claims too.
We’re not based in Exeter, but our panel of solicitors can cover the Exeter area and can do so on a no win no fee basis too. If you’d like to talk to us about how we could help, why not call an expert advisor on 0800 073 8802 today. Whatever type of claim you’re considering; our team will assess your chances of being compensated for free.
If you’d prefer to find out how solicitors covering Exeter could help you claim first, then please continue reading.
What Is A No Win No Fee Solicitor?
Some people worry about the cost of hiring a solicitor for compensation claims which is why our panel of solicitors covering Exeter work on a no win no fee basis.
This type of legal agreement enables many more people to begin a claim because it reduces financial risk and takes away a lot of the stress involved with a claim.
A no win no fee agreement means that you don’t need to pay the solicitor any fees to start the claim. You also don’t have to pay their legal fees if they lose the case. The only time you will pay them is if you receive compensation. Even then, you don’t have to find the money to pay their legal fees as their ‘success fee’ is deducted from your compensation automatically (limited to 25%).
You will need to ensure that your claim is made within the 3-year personal injury claims time limit. For some claims (claims involving children, criminal injury claims or financial claims), the time limit may differ.
If you’d like to find out whether one of our panel of solicitors covering Exeter, Devon could help you claim, pleas call a specialist advisor today.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim
- No Win No Fee Car Crash And Exeter Traffic Accident Claims
- No Win No Fee Medical Negligence Solicitors Covering Exeter, Devon
- No Win No Fee Workplace Injury Claims
- No Win No Fee Holiday Injury And Airline Claims
- Criminal Injury Solicitors Covering Exeter
- Slips Trips And Other Claims In Exeter & Devon
- Financial Services Mis-Selling Claims
- Unprotected Or Unreturned Rental Deposit Claims
- Compensation For Housing Disrepair In Exeter
- Begin Your No Win No Fee Compensation Claim
- Helpful Services In This Area
No Win No Fee Car Crash And Exeter Traffic Accident Claims
If you are involved in a Road traffic Accident, or RTA, you could be entitled to claim for any injuries if the accident was caused by a negligent road user. RTAs are one of the most common claims handled and claims can be for injuries such as whiplash, fractured or broken bones, head injuries and cuts or lacerations.
This report from the government provides a useful insight into the number of RTAs that occur annually.
Claims could be made by any road user including claims for an Exeter bike accident, a car accident or even an Exeter bus accident. So long as the injury you sustained was caused by another negligent road user, you could be entitled to claim.
We recommend you gather evidence of an RTA as soon as possible following the accident because once the scene has been cleared, proving what happened can be tricky.
The types of evidence you could use to support your claim include:
- Photographs of the scene of the accident.
- Medical records following treatment by a GP or at a hospital.
- Witness details.
- Details of the other road user involved.
- Dashcam or CCTV footage.
- Photographs of any visible injuries.
No Win No Fee Medical Negligence Solicitors Covering Exeter, Devon
You could use medical negligence solicitors covering Exeter, Devon if you suffer in any way following negligent treatment from a medical professional. Using a specialist no win no fee solicitor could mean you are compensated fully for your injuries because they could have a good understanding of the law surrounding medical claims and the experience to know which evidence is required in these complex cases.
A claim against a medical professional might be possible if:
- You’ve become ill in a hospital following the contraction of a super bug like MRSA.
- A doctor has caused a delay in treatment because of a misdiagnosis which has caused your symptoms to worsen.
- You’ve suffered an avoidable injury during surgery.
- The risks of a procedure weren’t explained to you prior to treatment that went wrong.
- You or your baby suffered an avoidable injury during pregnancy or labour.
- You suffered side effects because you were given the wrong medication or the wrong dosage.
No Win No Fee Workplace Injury Claims
When you suffer an injury in the workplace, you might be entitled to seek compensation against your employer. That’s if it can be shown that the accident was caused by their negligence or because they breached their duty of care.
Under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, your employer has to try and keep you as safe as possible while at work. This can be done by performing risk assessments and making changes where possible.
You may be entitled to claim using no win no fee solicitors covering Exeter if:
- You were injured because there was no personal protective equipment available.
- The company’s health and safety policy hadn’t been explained to you.
- A piece of equipment caused your injury due to a fault.
- You hadn’t been adequately trained on the procedure in which you were injured.
No Win No Fee Holiday Injury And Airline Claims
Another common personal injury claim is for accidents which happen on holiday. While package holidays have their own protective legislation, you could also seek compensation if you’re injured on independently booked excursion or a holiday that you booked independently and the accident was caused by negligence.
The types of claim you could make include:
- Claims for accidents resulting in injuries in hotels.
- Accidents causing injuries on planes or at airports.
- Injuries caused by train or cruise ship accidents.
- Food poisoning claims.
- Swimming pool injuries.
In all cases, you should report the accident to staff where possible. This could be your holiday rep, hotel staff or organisers of an excursion or sporting activity. A copy of their report could be used as evidence to support your claim. The same is true of medical records so we recommend you visit a doctor for an assessment of any injuries.
Criminal Injury Solicitors Covering Exeter
The Criminal Injury Compensation Authority (CICA) is a government organisation which aims to compensate victims of physical or sexual crimes. The scheme enables crime victims to seek compensation for their injuries, lost income and other financial losses associated with their injuries.
Because the scheme operates differently to a normal personal injury claim and has it’s own time limits, contact one of our advisors for a free assessment to see if our panel of solicitors could help you begin a no win no fee CICA claim.
Slips Trips And Other Claims In Exeter & Devon
Before moving on to different types of claim you could make, here are some more personal injury claims that are possible:
- Injuries caused by a slip trip or fall. These could happen almost anywhere. If they’re caused by somebody else’s negligence, you could sue them for compensation.
- Accidents involving children. Because a child cannot represent themselves in legal matters, a parent could help them claim up until their 18th Alternatively, the child, now an adult could claim themselves between their 18th and 21st birthdays.
- Accidents in public places. These could be paths, public highways, car parks or other publicly accessible places. Claims could be against businesses or the local authority.
Financial Services Mis-Selling Claims
The Financial Conduct Authority (or FCA) has tightened up regulations surrounding the selling of many financial products over recent years.
If you’ve lost out financially, because of poor financial advice, you could seek compensation from the financial advisor. This could be true if:
- The risks of a product were not explained to you.
- You weren’t consulted about your lifestyle or health before discussing a financial product.
- Pressure was applied to try and make you buy a particular product.
- The terms and conditions or product fees weren’t explained.
- You weren’t given a range of products to choose from to allow you to make an informed decision.
Unprotected Or Unreturned Rental Deposit Claims
In recent years, the regulations around letting agents and landlords has been changed. One change means that deposits must be put in a protection scheme, so tenants don’t lose their deposit unfairly.
You could seek compensation if:
- The landlord moves the money out of a scheme before your tenancy agreement ends.
- They don’t tell you in writing where the funds have been deposited within 30 days.
- Or if they don’t deposit the funds in scheme at all (within 30 days).
Compensation For Housing Disrepair In Exeter
You could also seek compensation from a landlord if they fail to follow legislation regarding property repairs. If you inform them of a fault which they’re liable to repair under the tenancy agreement, but they fail to fix it in a timely manner, they could be sued if:
- You suffer an injury caused by the fault or defect.
- Your property is damaged by it.
- Or you have to pay to have the repair work done yourself.
Begin Your No Win No Fee Compensation Claim
To discuss how we could help you begin a no win no fee claim, you can call our advisors on 0800 073 8802 today. If you’d like us to call you at a convenient time, please fill in this online enquiry form. However you choose to contact us, we’ll use the following process:
Get In Touch With Us
The first step you need to make is to get in touch with a specialist claims advisor from our team.
Discuss Your Situation
Then we’ll listen to the facts, review your evidence and decide whether you’ve got a strong case. If you do, we could refer you to one of our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Exeter.
Manage Your Claim And Stay Up To Date
Helpful Services In This Area
As well as contacting a no win no fee solicitor, you’ll probably need to contact a number of local services to help you when you’ve suffered due to negligence. To save you time, we’ve listed some of the services below for you.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Exeter
When you decide to make a personal injury claim, you’ll need to be medically assessed by an independent doctor. The report they provide will help your personal injury lawyer to show how serious your injury was, what effect it had on you and if it will cause you any problems in the future. This key piece of evidence can be used to help work out how much compensation you’ll claim.
To ensure you don’t need to travel too far, we have a panel of doctors across the UK who can perform medical assessments. Those in Exeter that we could use include:
|Louise Whyte||AMS Physiotherapy
Exeter, EX1 1BB.
|Ramesh Sharma||Exeter Business Park
Exeter, EX1 3QS.
|Laura Sanchez Pallares||St David's Hill
Exeter, EX4 4RG.
Based on the number of beds available, Wonford Hospital is the largest in Exeter. Here are its details:
Exeter, EX2 5DW.
Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust
We’ve listed the address of the main NHS Trust operating services in Exeter below.
Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust
Devon, EX2 5DW.
Exeter City Council
Here is the address for the local council providing services to the population of Exeter.
Exeter City Council
Exeter, EX1 1JN.
Devon & Cornwall Police
Here are the details for the local police headquarters serving Exeter.
Devon & Cornwall Police Headquarters
Exeter, EX2 7HQ.
Written by BT.
Edited by CE.