There are times when you’re made to suffer, through no fault of your own, because somebody else was negligent. We strongly believe that if that happens, you should be able to use a no win no fee solicitor to help you claim compensation. In this guide, we’re going to look at how no win no fee solicitors covering Glenrothes could help you make different types of claim. It could be for criminal injuries compensation, financial losses caused by a mis-sold SIPP pension or even for injuries caused by a Glenrothes bus crash. We’ll cover these types of claim and many others besides.
As we’re a nationwide company our panel of solicitors can handle Glenrothes cases on a no win no fee basis. If you’d like a free assessment of your claim and free advice about your options, why not speak to an advisor today? There’s no pressure and no obligation to proceed, so you’ve got nothing to lose. Our team can be contacted on 0800 073 8802.
If you’d like more information on how a solicitor covering Glenrothes could help you make a claim, please continue reading.
Why Make Your Claim With A No Win No Fee Solicitor
A major benefit of using a no win no fee solicitor is the fact that the financial risk involved is reduced. That’s because, when you sign a contract with them, known as a conditional fee agreement (or CFA), it will clearly state that you won’t pay any solicitors fees unless you are awarded compensation. If you do receive a compensation payment, the CFA will explain that you need to pay a success fee. This is a percentage of your compensation which will be deducted automatically before the rest is sent to you.
As the solicitor doesn’t get paid unless they’re successful, they have to select which cases they’ll take on. If you can answer yes to the following statement, you could be eligible to make a no win no fee claim:
- Were you made to suffer;
- By somebody who owed you a duty of care;
- Because they were negligent?
The suffering could be in the form of financial losses, psychological or physical injuries. Also, before taking on your claim, you’ll need to ensure you’re within the relevant time limit. In general, these are:
- Personal injury claims time limit – 3 years.
- Criminal injuries compensation claim – 2 years.
- Financial mis-selling claims – varies, please call an advisor.
- Package holiday claims – 3 years.
If you’re in any doubt about whether you have time to make a claim or not, please call and check with a member of our team.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim
- Glenrothes Road Crash And Accident Claims
- No Win No Fee Medical Negligence Scotland Cases
- No Win No Fee Glenrothes Accident In The Workplace Claims
- No Win No Fee Claims For An Accident On Holiday Abroad
- Glenrothes Criminal Injuries Compensation Claims
- More Local Area Injury Claims
- Mis Sold Sipp, Pension, Or Annuity Compensation Claims
- Claim If Your Tenancy Deposit Was Unprotected Or Withheld
- Claim For A Rented Flat Or House In Disrepair In Glenrothes
- Get In Touch With Our Team
- Resources For The Glenrothes Area
Glenrothes Road Crash And Accident Claims
Injuries caused in a road traffic accident could lead to a compensation claim if it was caused by another road user’s negligence and caused you to suffer an injury. The types of injury you could claim for include head injuries, cuts and bruises, back injuries, broken bones, whiplash and neck injuries.
Something to remember if you’re going to want to make a car accident compensation claim is that you’ll need evidence to support your claim. It’s therefore important to act quickly because when the scene of an accident has been cleared, it becomes trickier to prove what happened.
Therefore, if you’re involved in road traffic accident in Glenrothes, you should try to:
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident.
- Seek medical treatment as soon as possible.
- Ask any witnesses to provide their details for any future statements.
- See if there is any dashcam footage.
- Get the details of the other driver and vehicle involved.
No Win No Fee Medical Negligence Scotland Cases
When you receive negligent, substandard or dangerous treatment by a medical professional which causes you to become ill or injured, you might want to consider using our panel of no win no fee solicitors to make a medical negligence claim.
In claims for medical negligence cases, it’s possible to bring a claim against the NHS or private healthcare providers for negligence in medical or cosmetic treatments.
Types of medical negligence you could make a claim for include:
- A cancer misdiagnosis which means you suffer more due to a lack of treatment.
- Medication errors which cause suffering.
- Errors with anaesthetic meaning you felt pain during treatment.
- Injuries caused by negligent dental, cosmetic or medical surgery.
- Injuries during childbirth which could’ve been avoided.
- Suffering caused by negligence in care home such as fractured bones or bed sores.
No Win No Fee Glenrothes Accident In The Workplace Claims
When accidents at work occur, it’s sometimes possible to make a compensation claim against your employer if they caused the accident by being negligent. Under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, employers are duty bound to try and keep staff safe while they’re at work.
That means they should risk-assess the workplace and reduce any hazards by making appropriate changes where possible. You might be able to make an accident in the workplace claim if you were injured because of:
- A generally unsafe workplace (damaged floors, electrical hazards etc).
- Damaged or unmaintained machinery.
- Unsuitable or missing protective equipment.
- A lack of proper training.
If you believe that you’ve been injured because your employer was negligent and would like our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Glenrothes to consider your claim, please call today for a free assessment.
No Win No Fee Claims For An Accident On Holiday Abroad
A personal injury lawyer could help you if you suffer an accident on holiday abroad which was caused by somebody else. If you booked your holiday through a package holiday provider, then you claim against them if the accident occurred while using one of the services purchased from them. If your holiday was booked independently, you could still claim but against the business or person responsible.
The types of holiday accident claim you could make when you have been injured through no fault of your own include:
- Cruise ship accidents.
- Hotel accidents.
- Accidents during an airport transfer or in hire cars.
- Food poisoning claims.
- Accidents while participating in sporting activities.
- Airport or in-flight accidents.
Glenrothes Criminal Injuries Compensation Claims
Another type of claim you could make is when you’ve been injured during a violent crime against you. The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) allows claims for physical or psychological injuries but is different from other types of personal injury claims. Here are some key points regarding CICA claims:
- You must have reported the crime to police.
- Compensation amounts are reduced on a sliding scale when you have multiple injuries. Only the most severe injury will receive 100% of the compensation available.
- There is a 2-year time limit for making a claim (although this might be waived for historic or extreme cases).
More Local Area Injury Claims
Here are some more personal injury claims you could make:
- Accident claims involving children – A parent can represent a child at any point before they turn 18. If that doesn’t happen the victim can claim themselves between their 18th and 21st birthday.
- Public place accidents – If you’re injured in a public place, and if the accident was caused by the business or local authority responsible for the area, you could sue them for compensation.
- Slip, trip or fall claims – When you’re injured during a slip or fall caused by negligence (i.e. uneven flooring, trailing cables, blocked passageways), you could make a claim against the person responsible.
Mis Sold Sipp, Pension, Or Annuity Compensation Claims
Our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Glenrothes could help you make a claim if you’ve lost money as a result of financial mis-selling. The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has strict rules for advisors who are selling products like pensions, mortgages, investments and annuities.
These rules include:
- Making sure you have a good range of products to choose from.
- Informing you of all ongoing fees and charges.
- Ensuring you’re made aware of the terms and conditions for any product.
- Not putting pressure on you to choose a product.
- Checking your health history and lifestyle before recommending products.
Claim If Your Tenancy Deposit Was Unprotected Or Withheld
Landlords have an obligation to place any deposit into a government-backed Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS). They were introduced to help ensure tenant’s deposits weren’t retained by landlords unfairly.
You might be eligible to claim if:
- Your deposit wasn’t paid into an appropriate TDS within 30 days.
- The landlord failed to inform you which scheme they’d used.
- Or they took the deposit out of the TDS before your tenancy came to an end.
Claim For A Rented Flat Or House In Disrepair In Glenrothes
If your house is in disrepair and a fault causes you to become ill, injured or your personal belongings are damaged, then you could make a housing disrepair claim against your landlord. Claims are possible against councils, private landlords or housing associations if they fail to fix problems that they’re obliged to.
Some examples of faults which could lead to a claim include:
- Damp or mould.
- Broken heating systems.
- Leaking roofs or pipes.
- Blocked drains.
- Structural defects.
- Electrical or fire hazards.
If you’d like our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Glenrothes to help you make a claim, please call our advisors today.
Get In Touch With Our Team
We hope that you’re now ready to begin your claim with No Win No Fee Expert. If so, you can call us on 0800 073 8802 or we can call you back if you complete our online enquiry form. When we discuss claims, we’ll use the following process:
Get In Touch With Us
We’ll begin the claims process when you get in touch.
Discuss Your Situation
An advisor will help assess your claim, for free. If your case is strong enough, we could introduce you to one of our panel of solicitors covering Glenrothes.
Manage Your Claim And Stay Up To Date
Resources For The Glenrothes Area
When making a no win no fee claim, you’ll probably need to talk to one or two local services at some point. To help make your claim easier, we’ve listed some of them in the final part of this guide.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Glenrothes
One of the main things you’ll need to do during a personal injury claim is to see an independent doctor for a medical assessment. To help reduce the amount of travelling required during a claim, we have a panel of doctors around the UK. Here are some that are available near to Glenrothes:
|Mark Innes Burgin||The Alba Clinic,
|Sumeet Vohara||Dalkeith Road,
Edinburgh, EH16 5DS.
|Mohammed Ahmad||Waterside House,
Edinburgh, EH4 3BH.
The doctor will take a look at your injuries and ask you some questions about them. They’ll try to find out how serious your injuries were and what effect they had on you. They’ll then produce a report for your personal injury solicitor which will be used to help calculate how much compensation you’ll ask for. The report will also look at if you’ll suffer any more in the future because of the injuries.
If you need to get in touch with the local hospital because you need medical records or other information, you can use the following contact details:
Here are the details for the local NHS board managing medical services in Glenrothes:
If you need to contact the local council because you require information from them, here are their details:
Should you need to get in touch with the local police, please use the following details:
Glenrothes Police Station,
Written by BT.
Edited by CE.