If you are unlucky enough to have been caused to suffer due to somebody else’s negligence, we feel that you should look for a no win no fee solicitor to help you claim compensation. In this guide, we’re going to explain how no win no fee solicitors covering Gloucestershire could help you claim. We’ll cover scenarios like injuries caused by medical negligence, claiming for a fatal car accident in Gloucestershire and also claiming compensation for financial mis-selling.
No Win No Fee Expert are a nationwide service so our panel of solicitors can handle Gloucestershire cases. Also, our advisors offer a no obligation assessment of your claim and free advice about your options. So, if you’d like to begin a claim right away, why not call us on 0800 073 8802 today?
Alternatively, carry on reading if you’d like to know what other types of claim are possible.
How Could A No Win No Fee Solicitor Help Me?
When a no win no fee solicitor takes on a case, they are effectively running the risk of not being paid. That could be the case if they don’t win compensation, so they do have to vet which cases they take on. Usually, to be eligible to claim you’ll need to show that:
- You’re claiming because you suffered an injury (psychological or physical) or a financial loss;
- Because somebody else was negligent; and
- That person owed you a duty of care.
Furthermore, you’ll have to claim within any relevant time limit. Here are some examples:
- Package holiday claims usually have a 3-year time limit.
- Criminal injury claims usually have 2-year time limits.
- The personal injury claims time limit is generally 3-years.
For other claim types, please call to discuss how long you have to claim because they can vary in certain circumstances.
When a solicitor has established that you can make a no win no fee claim, they’ll draw up a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA). This is a contract between you both that shows, in black and white, that you only have to pay the solicitor’s fees if they win compensation for you.
If they do win the case, you’ll pay a success fee. This will be listed in the CFA. It is a percentage of your compensation which is deducted to cover the solicitor’s fees and is limited, by law, to 25%.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim
- Traffic Accident In Gloucestershire No Win No Fee Claims
- Gloucestershire Medical Negligence No Win No Fee Claims
- Gloucestershire Injury At Work Compensation Claims
- No Win No Fee Holiday Injury Claims With Lawyers
- Victim Compensation For Assault, Abuse And Other Injuries
- Other Circumstances In Which You Could Claim Compensation
- Compensation For Mis Sold Pensions And Other Investments
- No Win No Fee Tenancy And Rental Deposit Dispute Claims
- No Win No Fee Housing Disrepair Cases
- How To Start Your Claim
- Helpful Local Area Resources
Traffic Accident In Gloucestershire No Win No Fee Claims
If you are injured in a motorbike accident in Gloucestershire or a car accident in Gloucestershire, you could be compensated it another driver caused the accident to happen. You could claim for any type of injury, including cuts, bruises, broken bones, whiplash, head injuries or back injuries. To increase the chances of your claim being successful, we recommend you gather as much evidence as possible.
Therefore, following a road traffic accident in Gloucestershire, try to:
- Photograph or video the aftermath of the accident before any vehicles are removed.
- Ask witnesses to write a statement of what they saw.
- Visit a doctor’s surgery or hospital to be treated.
- Obtain any dashcam footage that backs up your claim.
Gloucestershire Medical Negligence No Win No Fee Claims
You could use our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Gloucestershire if you’ve been injured or made ill or suffered an injury due to medical negligence. Claims are possible against private practices as well as the NHS and can include negligence during cosmetic procedures and medical treatments.
Some examples of medical negligence which could lead to a claim include:
- Suffering caused due to a misdiagnosis meaning treatment was delayed.
- Pain caused due to an anaesthetic error.
- Illnesses such as sepsis caused by super bugs in hospitals.
- Avoidable injuries sustained during childbirth.
- Care home negligence resulting in injuries like bed sores.
- Medication errors which lead to suffering.
Gloucestershire Injury At Work Compensation Claims
While you’re at work (whether that’s in an office, a factory or on a building site, for example) your employer has a duty of care to keep you as safe as possible. While it may be impossible to remove all risks from a workplace, the Health and Safety Executive provides advice to employers which could help remove dangers.
Steps employers could take include:
- Training staff properly so they know how to complete tasks safely.
- Maintaining machinery in line with manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Ensuring staff understand the company health and safety policy.
- Provide suitable protective equipment so that risks are reduced.
- Performing regular risk assessments.
No Win No Fee Holiday Injury Claims With Lawyers
When travelling abroad, your holiday can be left ruined if you’re involved in an accident. It can be even worse if the accident was caused due to someone else’s negligence.
In these cases, you could claim compensation for your injuries in a similar way to other personal injury claims. When the accident happened while using a service purchased through a UK package holiday provider, you’ll generally have 3-years to bring the claim against them.
Victim Compensation For Assault, Abuse And Other Injuries
Our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Gloucestershire could also help you claim for injuries sustained in violent crimes. It’s possible to claim through the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) if you’ve sustained physical or psychological injuries.
However, CICA claims have their own rules and eligibility criteria. For instance:
- The crime has to have been reported to the police.
- There’s a 2-year time limit for claiming.
- If you successfully claim for multiple injuries as a result of a violent crime, you’ll receive 100% compensation for the most severe injury, 30% for the second and 15% for the third.
Other Circumstances In Which You Could Claim Compensation
Here are some more claims that a personal injury solicitor could help you make:
- Claiming for a slip, trip or fall might be possible if it wasn’t your fault. For instance, if a trip hazard was difficult to see due to poor lighting, you could be eligible to claim.
- Also, if you have an accident in a public place (on a footpath, in a shopping centre or in a car park for instance), you could sue the owner or local authority if their negligence caused the accident.
- Finally, a parent could claim on behalf of a child at any point before they turn 18. If you don’t claim, the victim can make their own claim within 3-years of turning 18.
Compensation For Mis Sold Pensions And Other Investments
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) regulate the sale of some financial products. This means that you could seek compensation from an advisor if they fail to follow the rules and you lose money as a result.
Our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Gloucestershire could help you to claim compensation for mis-sold pensions, mortgages, annuities or investments. If you answer yes to any question in the following checklist, you could be eligible to claim:
- Did the advisor pressure you to choose a product?
- Were you advised to move money out of a workplace pension?
- Did the advisor only give you one or two products to choose from (rather than a good range of products)?
- When the product was discussed, did the advisor fail to tell you about any ongoing charges?
- Did the advisor fail to ask about your lifestyle or health?
- Did the advisor fail to tell you about the important terms and conditions?
No Win No Fee Tenancy And Rental Deposit Dispute Claims
Any private landlord, council and housing association has to adhere to rules regarding Tenancy Deposit Schemes (TDS). These are designed to try and prevent deposits from being retained unfairly.
We could help you with rental deposit disputes where:
- Your deposit wasn’t placed into a TDS within 30 days of you paying it.
- The landlord didn’t tell you, within 30 days, which scheme they’d used.
- Or if they removed the funds from the TDS before you reached the end of your tenancy agreement.
No Win No Fee Housing Disrepair Cases
Our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Gloucestershire could also help you with housing disrepair cases. These are possible if your landlord fails to repair a fault that they’re aware of and, as a result, leads to you suffering an injury or becoming ill.
The types of faults that could lead to a claim include damp, mould, broken heating, fire hazards, electrical hazards, structural defects, leaks and blocked drains. You could also claim if any of these defects causes your personal items to become damaged.
How To Start Your Claim
We hope that you’d like to start your own claim now that you’ve read this guide. If so, you can call us on 0800 073 8802. Alternatively, we can call you if you complete this online enquiry form. We’ll use the process below for all claims:
Get In Touch With Us
First of all, to start the claims process, please get in touch with us.
Discuss Your Situation
Then we’ll assess your claim with you and review your options. As a result, we could introduce you to one of our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Gloucestershire.
Manage Your Claim And Stay Up To Date
Helpful Local Area Resources
You’ll probably need to contact the local authority, police or a hospital during your no win no fee claim. Therefore, we’ve listed some of their details below to save you some time.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Gloucestershire
If you’re making a personal injury claim, there is a requirement for a medical assessment by an independent doctor. We have a panel of doctors around the UK. Therefore, when your solicitor arranges an appointment, it can usually take place locally. Here a sample of the doctors covering Gloucestershire.
|Louise Whyte||Gloucester Chiropractice Clinic,
St Michael's Square,
Gloucester, GL1 1HX
|Judit Moos||Station Road,
Gloucester, GL5 3AP.
|Patrick Kirwan||Bethesda Street,
Cheltenham, GL50 2AZ.
When your appointment takes place, the doctor will assess you and find out about your injuries. First of all, they’ll find out what injuries you sustained and then work out their severity. Finally, they’ll assess whether there are likely to be any long-term problems caused by your injuries.
Then they’ll prepare a report which your personal injury lawyer will use to help calculate the amount of compensation you could be entitled to. Due to the importance of these reports, a medical assessment is mandatory in all personal injury claims.
Gloucestershire Royal Hospital
If you need to contact the main hospital because you need medical information from them, here are the details you’ll need:
Gloucestershire Royal Hospital,
Great Western Road,
Gloucestershire, GL1 3NN.
Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Use the following if you need to contact the NHS trust operating in Gloucestershire:
Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust,
Cheltenham, GL52 7AN.
Gloucestershire County Council
If you want to contact the local authority because you need to report an incident, use the following details:
Gloucestershire County Council,
Gloucester, GL1 2TG.
Finally, should you need to get in touch with the local police, here are their details:
Gloucester, GL2 2AN.
Written by B.T.
Edited by H.E.