Have you found yourself in the unfortunate position where you need to find a no win no fee solicitor to help you claim compensation because you have made to suffer by somebody else’s negligence? Do you know what types of claims are possible? In this guide, we’re going to provide some examples of when a compensation claim could be made and, specifically, when no win no fee solicitors covering Grantham could assist you. Amongst other things, we’ll look at making a claim for personal injury, a work accident, financial mis-selling claims and medical malpractice cases.
We work with a panel of no win no fee solicitors who are not based in Grantham but can cover the area with ease. As well as that, our team of specialist advisors can assess your claim for free, with no obligation and offer free advice about your options. If you’d like to discuss your circumstances with an advisor right away, please call 0800 073 8802.
Alternatively, if you’d like to know more about how solicitors covering Grantham, Lincolnshire could help you, please continue reading.
What Are The Benefits Of Using A No Win No Fee Solicitor?
A no win no fee solicitor works on the basis that their fees won’t be paid unless they are successful and their clients receive compensation. This comes with some risk for the solicitor so they need to choose which cases they can help with. At the beginning of your claim, before the solicitor agrees to take on your case, you’ll be asked to demonstrate that:
- You were made to suffer;
- By a third party who owed you a duty of care;
- And that the person caused your suffering through a negligent act.
If the solicitor agrees to take on your case, you’ll both sign a Conditional Fee Agreement or CFA. This document will confirm that there are no up-front fees and the solicitor’s fees only need paying if you receive compensation. The method of payment when a case is won is known as a success fee. This is a percentage of your compensation which is deducted and use to cover the solicitor’s fees (by law, a success fee can’t exceed 25%).
As well as deciding whether you’re eligible to claim, the solicitor will need to check time limits. Different claims have different time limits, here are some examples:
- Criminal injury claims time limit – 2years.
- Personal injury claims time limit – 3 years.
- Financial mis-selling claims time limit – varies.
- Package holiday claims time limit – 3 years.
The time limits quoted are for normal cases. They can vary in certain circumstances so please check with an advisor to see if you could be eligible for compensation.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service
- Grantham Road Accident No Win No Fee Claims
- No Win No Fee Grantham Medical Malpractice Cases
- Grantham Work Accident Claims
- No Win No Fee Holiday Accident Solicitors
- Victim Of Violent Crime Claims Help
- Other Grantham Personal Injury Compensation Claims
- Financial Service Mis Selling Compensation Claims
- No Win No Fee Tenancy Deposit Claim Solicitors
- Grantham Housing Disrepair Claims
- Contact Us To Start A Claim
- Grantham Area Resources
Grantham Road Accident No Win No Fee Claims
If you are involved in a road traffic accident that was caused by somebody else’s negligence you might be entitled to make a compensation claim. Claims could be made for car drivers, pedestrians, passengers and you could also claim for a cyclist accident if your injuries were caused by the negligent acts or omissions of another road user.
Common injuries caused by road traffic accidents (RTA) include:
- Severe lacerations or bruising.
- Ligament or tendon damage.
- Back injuries.
- Broken bones.
- Whiplash and neck injuries.
- Head injuries which could include concussion.
Our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Grantham could help with RTA claims and your chances of a successful claim could improve if you’ve got evidence to support it. Evidence we recommend you try to obtain includes:
- Witness details.
- Photographs of the accident scene.
- Dashcam videos.
- Medical records from a GP or hospital.
No Win No Fee Grantham Medical Malpractice Cases
A type of claim which usually requires a specialist personal injury lawyer is one for medical negligence. As you can imagine, medical malpractice cases sometimes require complex medical evidence and specialist assessments to prove what happened.
Medical negligence compensation could be possible if you’ve suffered an illness or been injured due to substandard treatment by a medical professional. They can be made against both NHS and private healthcare professionals.
Some examples of medical negligence which might lead to a claim include:
- Injuries to a mother or baby during childbirth which were avoidable.
- Suffering caused by medication errors.
- Pain caused during treatment because an anaesthetic error was made.
- Suffering caused by a misdiagnosis which led to a delay in treatment starting.
- Injuries sustained during negligent medical, dental or cosmetic surgery.
- Illnesses caused by hospital super bugs.
Grantham Work Accident Claims
You might not be aware that if you have been injured at work, your employer may have breached their duty of care towards you so you might be able to make a compensation claim. Our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Grantham, if your employer has been negligent and you have been injured as a result.
According to the Health and Safety Executive, employers should have a clearly defined health and safety policy which all staff are aware of. They should also reduce risks, where possible, by making changes to the workplace or updating the existing procedures that are already in place.
It might be possible to claim compensation if an accident occurred because:
- You weren’t aware of the company’s health and safety procedures.
- The equipment that cause the injury was damaged, faulty or not maintained properly.
- You hadn’t received adequate training.
- There wasn’t any safety equipment available.
No Win No Fee Holiday Accident Solicitors
When an accident happens during a holiday, it can really ruin your trip but, even worse, it could also lead to long-term injuries which affect you after you return home. Our panel of no win no fee solicitors could help you make a claim if you are injured on holiday and the accident was caused by somebody else’s negligence. They could help with:
- Food poisoning claims.
- Hotel accident claims.
- Injuries caused by sporting activities or excursions.
- Cruise ship claims.
- Airport accidents.
- Hire car or hotel transfer collisions.
If you were injured while using a service which was purchased as part of package holiday, you could claim against the holiday company. This usually has a 3-year time limit. If the holiday was booked independently, claims are still allowed but you might have a reduced time limit depending on which country the accident happened in. The best advice here is to call us as soon as possible so that we can discuss your circumstances in greater detail and provide you with advice regarding your potential claim.
Victim Of Violent Crime Claims Help
If you’ve suffered an injury during a violent crime against you, it might be possible to claim compensation through the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA). CICA is a government scheme which allows claims to be made for injuries and some financial losses caused by physical or sexual crimes.
The time limit for claiming is 2-years and the crime must have been reported to the police under CICA rules. That said, the time limit could possibly be waived in certain circumstances. To find out if our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Grantham could help you with a CICA claim, call our advisors today.
Other Grantham Personal Injury Compensation Claims
Here are a few more personal injury claims you could make:
- Public place accidents – If you’re injured in a car park, train station, shopping centre or other public place, you could sue the local authority or business owner if they were negligent and caused the accident to happen.
- Slips, trips or fall – These are very common accidents which lead to a claim. Compensation might be possible if the fall was caused by a damaged handrail, trailing cables or a wet floor without warning signs.
- Children’s injury claims – If your child is injured, you can represent them in a claim at any point before their 18th birthday If you don’t, then as an adult they can make their own claim between their 18th and 21st birthdays.
Financial Service Mis Selling Compensation Claims
Consumers who are buying financial products like pensions, mortgages, annuities and investments are protected by rules which are governed by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). The rules mean that an advisor should:
- Consider your health before recommending a product.
- Explain all of the terms and conditions and give you a printed copy.
- Make sure you know about any ongoing fees and charges.
- Not pressure you into purchasing.
- Let you make an informed decision by giving you a range of products to choose from.
No Win No Fee Tenancy Deposit Claim Solicitors
A claim against your landlord could be possible if they’ve breached the rules regarding Tenancy Deposit Schemes (TDS) which were designed to help make sure tenants didn’t lose their deposits unfairly. A claim might be possible if:
- The deposit was withdrawn from the TDS early.
- You were not told in writing which TDS had been used.
- The landlord didn’t place the deposit into a TDS within 30 days of receiving it.
Grantham Housing Disrepair Claims
You could be entitled to compensation if have been injured of lost out financially because your landlord has failed to fix a problem which they have a duty contractual obligation to repair. Housing disrepair claims are only possible if you have previously informed your landlord of the issues within your rented property.
The types of disrepair which might lead to a claim include:
- Electrical or fire hazards.
- Structural defects.
- Mould and damp.
- Broken heating or hot water supplies.
- Leaking pipes or roofs.
- Blocked drains.
Contact Us To Start A Claim
If you’d like to begin your claim then you can either call us on 0800 073 8802 or we can call you at a convenient time if you fill in our online enquiry form. For all claims, we’ll use the process below:
Get In Touch With Us
The first step is for you to make contact with our team of advisors.
Discuss Your Situation
We’ll assess your claim for free. If you’ve got a strong case, we could introduce you to one of our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Grantham.
Manage Your Claim And Stay Up To Date
Grantham Area Resources
When you make a no win no fee claim, in our experience, you’ll usually need to contact one or two local services. To save you some time, we’ve included some of their details below.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Grantham
When making personal injury claims, your solicitor will require you to undergo a medical assessment. We work with a panel of doctors local to Grantham such as:
|Sumeet Vohara||The Grantham Physiotherapy Practice,
St Catherines Road,
Grantham, NG31 6TS.
|David Pontefract||Edwinstowe House,
Nottignhamshire, NG21 9PR
|Irfan Akhtar||The Medical Centre,
Nottingham, NG7 7DS.
The doctor will complete their assessment and will ask you a number of questions relating to your injuries. They will then prepare a report for your personal injury solicitor. The report is a vital piece of evidence as it includes information about how severe your injuries were, what impact they caused and if there are likely to be any long-term issues arising from the injuries.
Your solicitor will use the report to help calculate how much compensation you could be entitled to.
Grantham And District Hospital
If you need to contact the main hospital in Grantham because you need medical records or other information, you can use the following details:
Grantham and District Hospital,
Grantham, NG31 8DG.
United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust
Here are the details for the NHS trust providing services in Grantham:
United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust.
Lincoln, LN2 5QY.
South Kesteven District Council
Should you need to contact the local council providing services in Grantham, we’ve included their details below:
South Kesteven District Council,
St Peters Hill,
Lincolnshire, NG31 6PZ.
If you need to contact the police because you require information to support your claim, here are their details:
Lincolnshire Police Headquarters,
Nettleham, LN2 2LT.
Written by BT.
Edited by CE.