Gravesend No Win No Fee Solicitors – Compensation Claims Compare And Review Guide

No Win No Fee Solicitors Gravesend

No Win No Fee Solicitors Gravesend

When you suffer due to somebody else’s negligence, we believe it’s only fair that you should be able to use a no win no fee solicitor to claim compensation from them. It could be for injuries sustained in an accident, damage caused by medical negligence, a work injury claim or for losses caused by the mis-selling of financial products. In this guide we’re going to cover the types of claim you could make using no win no fee solicitors covering Gravesend.

While we’re not local (we’re a nationwide company), we have a panel of no win no fee solicitors who are not based in Gravesend but can cover the area.  We offer a free assessment of any claim and free, no obligation legal advice. If you’d like to discuss starting a claim today, why not call an advisor on 0800 073 8802. There’s no pressure and you don’t have to proceed, so there’s nothing to lose by calling.

Alternatively, to find out more about how a solicitor covering Gravesend in Kent could help you claim, please continue reading.

How Does No Win No Fee Work?

When you think about hiring solicitors covering the Gravesend area, you might worry about the costs involved. That’s why our panel work on a no win no fee basis for any claim they take on.

Using a no win no fee service means there’s less financial risk involved with claiming because there are no up front solicitors fees and you don’t have to pay them if they fail to win the case. Furthermore, if they do go on to win compensation for you, then their success fee is deducted straight from your compensation (up to 25%) so you don’t need to have the money to pay them yourself.

This guide will explain the different types of claim that can be made using a no win no fee service. Bear in mind though that each will have its own time limit for claiming. In general, the personal injury claims time limit is 3-years from the accident or diagnosis of injuries. Other claims have different limits which we’ll discuss throughout the guide.

Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim

No Win No Fee Claims For Car Accidents In Gravesend

One of the more common personal injury claims that are made are those for injuries caused by a Road Traffic Accident (RTA). A personal injury solicitor could help you claim if your injuries were caused by another road user’s negligence.

Common injuries that occur in RTA’s include:

  • Broken, fractured or damaged bones – particularly the wrists and hands.
  • Head injuries.
  • Shoulder and neck injuries including whiplash.
  • Back injuries.
  • Cuts and lacerations.
  • Soft tissue damage.

If you’re involved in a car accident in Gravesend, we’d recommend you try to gather evidence sooner rather than later. After vehicles have been moved away from the scene of the accident, proving what happened can become more difficult.

Therefore, photograph the scene of the accident (or video it), swap details with the other road user and ask witnesses for their details. It’s also really important to seek medical treatment for any injuries. When you do so, your medical records can be used by a solicitor as evidence to support your claim. You could attend your local GP surgery or Gravesend minor injury unit depending on the nature of your injuries.

We’ve discussed claims for car accidents, but you could also claim for a bus accident, cycling accident, pedestrian accident or motorcyclist accident too.

No Win No Fee Medical Malpractice Claims

One of the more complex types of claim no win no fee solicitors covering Gravesend can be involved in are those for medical malpractice. This can be defined as substandard treatment from a medical professional which leads to an injury, suffering and illness or your existing condition becoming worse.

You could seek compensation for medical negligence against the NHS as well as private healthcare companies as long as you can prove that their negligence has caused you to suffer unnecessarily. Claims are possible for both medical and cosmetic negligence.

There are many forms of medical negligence which might lead to a claim including:

  • Surgical negligence which causes injuries (including dental, cosmetic or medical surgery).
  • Avoidable injuries to mother or baby during childbirth.
  • Illnesses like sepsis or pneumonia contracted in a hospital due to super bugs.
  • Suffering caused by incorrect medication being prescribed or administered.
  • Pain caused in surgery due to anaesthetic errors.
  • When illnesses, such as cancer, become worse due to a delay in treatment caused by a misdiagnosis.

No Win No Fee Gravesend Work Injury Claims

If you’ve been injured in an accident in a Gravesend workplace, you could be entitled to compensation. That might be the case if your employer was negligent and caused the accident to happen. This is due to their duty of care under the Health and Safety at Work Act. The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) recommends employers perform regular risk assessments and reduces any dangers identified where possible.

If you’re involved in an accident at work, a claim might be possible if it was caused by:

  • An unsafe working environment.
  • Missing safety equipment.
  • Poor or inadequate training.
  • Damaged or faulty machinery or equipment.

Accident Abroad And Package Holiday Injury Claims

While you’re on holiday, if you’re injured in an accident caused by somebody else, you could seek compensation against them or a package holiday provider if they organised the service in which you were injured.

Package holiday claims generally have a 3-year time limit while time limits for injuries on holidays you’ve booked independently will be dependent on the law of the country the accident happened in.

The types of claim you might be able to make include:

  • Hotel accidents.
  • Airport transfer and hire car accidents.
  • Sporting activity or excursion accidents.
  • Food poisoning and water borne illnesses.
  • Ship, plane or train accidents.
  • Flight delay claims.

Gravesend Victim Of Crime Compensation Claims

You might not be aware that if you’re involved in violent crime, you could seek damages through a government compensation scheme. The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) enables claims for both psychological and physical injuries caused by crime as well as some financial losses too.

Claiming when you are a victim of crime isn’t the same as a normal personal injury claim. There’s a 2-year time limit, the crime must’ve been reported to police, however it is important to note that in cases of historical sexual abuse time limits can differ. Please call us to speak with one of our advisers as soon as possible.

Additional Accident Or Injury Claims

Before we move on to other types of claim  our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Gravesend could help with, here are a few more personal injury claims that are possible.

  • Accidents involving children. Even though a child can’t represent themselves in legal matters, a parent or responsible adult could. That means a claim could be made at any point before the child is 18. As an adult, the victim has until their 21st birthday to make their own claim.
  • Accidents in public places. If you are injured through no fault of your own in a public place such as a supermarket, car park, on a footpath or in a shop, you could make a claim against the business or local authority responsible if the accident was caused by their negligence.
  • Slips, trips and falls. If you’re involved in a fall which was the fault of somebody else, you could claim compensation for any injuries. This could be the case if you didn’t see a trip hazard due to poor lighting, slipped on a spillage that hadn’t been cleared up or fell down some stairs due to a broken handrail.

No Win No Fee Claims For the Mis Selling Of Financial Products

The Financial Conduct Authority have put in place some measures aimed at protecting investors from financial mis-selling. This means that if a financial adviser is negligent, which causes you to suffer financial losses, you could claim compensation from them.

If you feel that you weren’t provided with enough information to make an informed decision about a mortgage, pension, investment or annuity, call an adviser to see if you could make a claim.

The time limits involved with financial mis-selling claims varies. Therefore, ask an adviser to check whether you could claim.

Tenants Rental Deposit Compensation Claims

At the end of tenancy, it’s can sometimes be a worry as to whether you’ll receive your deposit back or not. However, the chances of losing the deposit unfairly have reduced since the government introduced tenancy deposit schemes (TDS).

If a landlord wants to retain some or all of the deposit, they now have to prove to the scheme’s operators how the tenant has breached their tenancy agreement (unpaid bills, damage to the property etc). If they can’t the deposit will be returned as expected.

You might be entitled to make a claim though if:

  • Your deposit wasn’t put into a TDS (within 30 days).
  • The landlord failed to explain, in writing, which scheme they’d used.
  • Your deposit was taken out of the scheme before your tenancy came to an end.

Housing Disrepair Compensation

If you rent a property, your landlord is obliged to ensure it’s fit for purpose i.e. it’s safe to live in. If you’ve reported a problem to them, which they haven’t resolved, then you might be eligible to claim housing disrepair compensation. That could be the case if:

  • The fault or defect made you ill.
  • You were injured as a result of the fault in question.
  • Your personal property was damaged.
  • Or you had to pay for the fault to be repaired yourself.

Start A No Win No Fee Compensation Claim Today

When you’re ready to begin a claim, you can call us on 0800 073 8802 or we can call you at a convenient time if you fill in this enquiry form. We’ll deal with all claims in the following way:

Get In Touch With Us

We’ll begin the claims process when you get in touch.

Discuss Your Situation

A member of our team will assess your claim for free. Should you have a strong case, they could introduce you to one of our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Gravesend.

Manage Your Claim and Stay Up To Date

If the solicitor takes on your claim, they’ll let you know what’s happening regularly. They’ll explain your options if you receive a compensation offer too.

Resources For Claimants In Gravesend

You might need to contact some local agencies when making a claim. To make things a bit easier, we’ve listed some of the more common ones below.

Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Gravesend

It’s really important that you have a medical assessment by an independent doctor as part of your personal injury claim. We work with a panel of independent Doctors across the UK. Here’s a sample of doctors near to Gravesend that we could use:

Soran SaeedWestgate House,
Spital Street,
Dartford, DA1 2EH.
Hassan MedhiVictory Way,
Admiral's Park,
Dartford, DA2 6QD
Andrew AkiriKTB Physiotherapy,
Bourne Mead,
Dartford, DA5 1QL.

The doctor will perform a medical assessment of you and ask a number of questions regarding your injuries. Their report, which is used as evidence to support your claim, will explain how severe your injuries were and what impact they had on you. It will also explain what long-term affects the injuries might cause so that can be considered in your claim too.

Gravesham Community Hospital

Here are the details for the local hospital serving Gravesend.

Gravesham Community Hospital
Bath Street,
Kent, DA11 0DG.

Kent Community Health NHS Foundation Trust

Here are the details for the NHS trust providing services in the Gravesend area.

Kent Community Health NHS Foundation Trust.
Trust Headquarters,
Unit D, Hermitage Court,
Hermitage Lane,
Kent, ME16 9NT.

Gravesham Borough Council

We’ve provided the details of the local authority in Gravesend below should you need to get in touch with them,

Gravesham Borough Council
Civic Centre,
Windmill Street,
Gravesend, DA12 1AU.

Kent Police

In case you need to discuss anything with the local police, we’ve included their details below.

Kent Police Headquarters
Sutton Road,
Kent, ME15 9BZ.

Written by BT.

Edited by CE.