Have you been mis sold a financial product or service, or have you suffered an injury that was someone else’s fault? Maybe you’re in a dispute with your landlord or letting agency about your tenancy deposit? If you’re considering making a claim compensation for financial loss, or pain and suffering, then no win no fee solicitors covering Great Yarmouth could be of assistance. In this guide, we will talk about how a no win no fee solicitor works, and also give you some information surrounding the kind of claims you could make with their assistance. At No Win No Fee Expert, we help claimants in a variety of different situations to start their claims. We could provide a no win no fee solicitor from our panel who could put together a case for compensation on your behalf. To learn more, simply scroll down or click the relevant section below. If you’d like more detailed advice that is tailed to your unique circumstances, then simply call our friendly advisors on 0800 073 8802.
What Is A No Win No Fee Compensation Claim?
In a no win no fee claim, your solicitor would take your case on under an agreement, often referred to as a Conditional Fee Agreement CFA. This agreement sets out the conditions that need to be met in order for your no win no fee solicitor to be paid their fees. Their payment would come as a percentage of the total settlement amount. This percentage is capped at 25% and is known as a success fee. This ‘success fee’ is only paid once your compensation payout has been made. If you had a valid claim but your lawyer was not successful in getting you a settlement, then you would not be required to pay their fees. Please contact one of our advisors with regards to the benefits of making a compensation claim through a no win no fee agreement. Now, let us review the types of claims a no win no fee solicitor could take on.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim
- Claim For A Road Traffic Accident In Great Yarmouth
- Claim With Medical Negligence Solicitors Covering Great Yarmouth
- Claim For A Workplace Or Industrial Accident In Great Yarmouth
- No Win No Fee Holiday Accident Claims
- Criminal Injury And CICA Compensation Claims
- Additional No Win No Fee Accident Claims
- Financial Mis-Selling Compensation Claims
- No Win No Fee Withheld Or Not Protected Rental Deposit Claims
- Housing Disrepair Claims Against Great Yarmouth Landlords
- Contact Us To Start A Claim
- Great Yarmouth Area Resources
According to the government’s published statistics for 2018, road casualties are at an all-time low. However, 160,597 people were injured on the roads of the UK in 2018 which is still significant in itself. If you were injured in a road accident in Great Yarmouth, and someone else was at fault, no win no fee solicitors covering Great Yarmouth could help you make a compensation claim for your injuries and the costs associated.
A road traffic accident could happen in a number of different scenarios. This could include:
- A road traffic accident where a lorry failed to brake in time and crashed into the back of your car, causing whiplash.
- A pedestrian accident where a driver of a van failed to stop and knocked you over, causing head injuries.
- A car accident in where another driver dangerously overtook you and struck the side of your vehicle resulting in undue injuries.
- An accident where a loved one was knocked off their motorbike by a driver that was not paying attention, and suffered fatal injuries
The above situations are just a few examples of what could lead to a claim. If you think you might be eligible to make a claim for compensation, why not call our advisors to discuss your case. We could connect you to a no win no fee solicitor from our panel to help with your claim.
If you have been harmed in some way by medical negligence, then medical negligence solicitors covering Great Yarmouth could help you to claim compensation. In order to make a claim you would need to provide evidence of the harm you’ve suffered and prove that if the negligence had not happened, you would not have sustained such injuries or worsening of an ongoing health issue.
Claims for clinical negligence could be made for:
- Surgical negligence – if a surgeon had not taken proper care while operating on you, and you were harmed, you could claim compensation.
- Childbirth negligence – If a midwife did not spot signs of maternal illness, or did not spot the signs of distress while you were in labour, and you or your child were caused avoidable harm, you could make a claim.
- Care home negligence – If your medication was not dispensed or your bedsores were not managed correctly, for example, and your health worsened, you could be entitled to compensation.
- Dental negligence – If your dentist took out a healthy tooth, or didn’t spot signs of oral cancer, leaving you having to have more extensive treatment, you could make a compensation claim.
These are only a few examples of situations that no win no fee solicitors covering Great Yarmouth could help you claim compensation for. Whatever your situation, do not hesitate to get in touch with our advisors to see if you could be eligible for compensation.
When an accident at work happens that causes injury, your employer should investigate the reasons for the accident, report it to the authorities where relevant and take steps to prevent the same accident from happening again. But, what happens if your employer is to blame for your accident?
Any employer has a requirement by law to ensure your safety and health are protected while you are at work. Ways in which they could do this could include, but are not restricted to:
- Performing regular health and safety audits, assessing risks and acting to lower these risks
- Providing the relevant training to make sure you could do your job safely
- Giving you equipment to protect you, such as goggles, a hard hat etc
These are just a few examples. As there are different risks within every workplace, your employer’s health and safety measures should be tailored to the workplace you’re in and the work that you do.
If your employer has not taken any action to prevent a foreseeable risk, and you are injured in an accident because of their negligence, you may be able to take action against them with the assistance of a no win no fee solicitor.
You could also use a personal injury lawyer to claim for work-related conditions or illnesses, if there were foreseeable risks of you contracting such a condition and your employer did not reduce these risks. Negligence by your employer could cause work-related conditions such as:
- Industrial deafness
- Vibration white finger
- Repetitive strain injury
You may be worried about your position with your employer if you decide to make a claim against them. However, it might be worth mentioning here that your employer would not be allowed to treat you differently because you are making a claim against them. There is legislation in place to prevent this. You might also benefit from the knowledge that you could be highlighting risks within your workplace, which may lead to stricter health and safety measures, meaning other employees could be spared suffering in the way that you have.
If you have been injured or made ill on holiday, and someone else was to blame, then you could make a claim for compensation with no win no fee solicitors covering Great Yarmouth. This could be the case even if the incident that caused your injury or illness happened abroad. Whether you are claiming under the Montreal Convention, or under the Package Travel Regulations, domestic law or foreign law, this could be done with a solicitor based here in the UK.
But, what types of holiday accident claims could be made? You could claim compensation for accidents that happen:
- On an aeroplane
- At the airport
- On transfer to or from your accommodation
- At the hotel
- On excursions
Whether you’ve suffered a bout of food poisoning because of unhygienic food preparation in the hotel, or you’ve suffered an injury from uneven flooring at the airport, a no win no fee solicitor could assist with a claim for compensation. You might not be aware of this, but you could claim for more than just the illness/injury itself. If you have incurred costs because of the illness/injury, such as care costs, medical expenses or loss of earnings, then these could be included as part of your claim. As making a claim for accidents that occur on holiday can be complex, we advise that you call us to discuss your circumstances.
According to statistics on the police website, in South Yarmouth, between October 2018 and September 2019, there were 1199 violent or sexual offences reported. In the same time period, in North Yarmouth, there were 1008 offences of this type reported. Whether you obtained injuries when you were trying to stop a crime in progress, or you were attacked and suffered injuries, you could use the services of no win no fee solicitors covering Great Yarmouth to make claims for criminal injuries compensation. Criminal Injury Compensation Authority (CICA) claims could also be made if you suffered some type of mental trauma by witnessing a violent criminal act.
Claiming For Crimes That Happened In The Past
While the usual time limit for criminal injury claims is 2 years from the date of the crime, some exceptions could be made for cases of historic abuse. This is because abuse could be difficult to talk about and some victims of abuse might be unable to verbalise what has happened to them until much later. If this is the case, you could help you make a claim through CICA even if the abuse happened some years ago. Please contact one of our advisors using the contact details within this guide.
There could be many more types of personal injury claims that no win no fee solicitors covering Great Yarmouth could handle when you have suffered an avoidable injuries. Here, we list a few examples:
- A slip or fall in a supermarket or other public place
- An allergic reaction to pre-packaged foods that did not list allergens
- An allergic reaction to food served in a restaurant when you informed the server of your allergy
- An accident at Great Yarmouth pleasure beach due to a faulty ride
- An accident from a beauty treatment
If you have suffered injuries in an accident and third-party liability could be proved, you could retain the services of a no win no fee personal injury solicitor to help you claim compensation. There is usually a 3-year personal injury claims time limit for personal injury claims, but there may be exceptions to this, so if you are at all unsure whether you’re within the time limit for claiming, do not hesitate to get in touch.
It is not just personal or criminal injury claims that our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Great Yarmouth, Norfolk could assist with. They could also help people who have been mis sold financial products or services. If you’re not sure whether or not you have been mis sold, then here are some indications that you may have been:
- Your financial advisor didn’t go through the terms and conditions of the product or service they sold to you. You should have been provided with a document outlining these, but your advisor should have also highlighted and informed you of all the details.
- Your financial advisor did not explain all of the fees and charges payable for the service or product.
- You were not made aware of the risks pertaining to the product.
If you have lost out financially because of mis selling, and you’d like to look into making a claim, we could help you. All you need to do is call us and explain what has happened and we could look into whether you could be eligible for compensation.
Claiming compensation against your landlord for withheld or unprotected rental deposits might be something you weren’t aware could be done. With a no win no fee solicitor on your side, you could claim up to three times your initial deposit if:
- Your landlord/letting agent did not put your deposit in a government-approved protection scheme.
- Your landlord/letting agent failed to tell you in what scheme they protected your deposit.
- Your landlord/letting agent withheld your deposit unfairly.
If you feel you could have a claim for compensation, then just call our team. We could assess your position, and, if appropriate, provide you with a no win no fee solicitor from our panel to take on your case.
You could benefit from the advice and support from a no win no fee housing solicitor covering Great Yarmouth if you have suffered (either financially or physically) because of disrepair. But what counts as disrepair? Let us take a look.
Damage to a property that has been reported to the landlord but has not been rectified could include:
- Leaking pipes
- Faulty or broken boiler or heating system
- Broken windows
- Unsafe flooring
If you have been made ill, sustained injuries, or suffered financial losses because of such disrepair, a no win no fee solicitor could help you make a claim against your landlord. There is a protocol for disrepair claims that should be followed, but it could be quite complicated to understand, especially if you do not have any experience of the law. This is where experienced solicitors covering the Great Yarmouth area could be beneficial. They would have the capabilities to put together a case that could be difficult for your landlord to refute.
If you’re looking to get started with a claim, or you’d like some more advice, why not get in touch with our team?
● Get In Touch With Us
You could call 0800 073 8802 to speak directly to a No Win No Fee Expert to assist with your claim. Otherwise, if you’d like us to call you, simply complete the contact form. There is also the option of using the live chat feature on the site.
● Discuss Your Situation
Once we’ve spoken to you to ascertain the details of what’s happened to you, we’ll take a look and see if we feel you could be eligible to make a claim. If we think you could, then we could offer to connect you with one of our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Great Yarmouth. They could take your case on, and help fight for the compensation you deserve.
● Manage Your Claim And Stay Up-To-Date
Throughout the claims process, our panel of solicitors will be sure to stay in touch, keeping you updated of important developments. You are also free to call us at any point with any questions.
Below, you can see some useful Great Yarmouth resources.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Great Yarmouth
Should you be making a personal injury claim, you would need to attend a medical. This is so that an independent report could be created which could then be used to value your claim. Local options could include:
|Sean Holt||Thorpe End Clinic, 73a Plumstead Road, Norwich, NR13 5AJ|
|Alba Sanchez Mascunano||Colney Lane, Norwich, NR4 7UG|
James Paget University Hospital
This hospital has a child development centre as well as offering services that include paediatrics, neonatal and maternity services, as well as an emergency department.
James Paget University Hospital
James Paget University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
This trust offers acute care services throughout Great Yarmouth.
James Paget University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Great Yarmouth Borough Council
Great Yarmouth Borough Council
Written by JE.
Edited by CE.