If you need to find a no win no fee solicitor because you have suffered as a result of third party negligence, then this guide should be of use. We’re going to cover some of the types of claims no win no fee solicitors covering Hamilton could help you with. Some examples of the scenarios we’ll cover include claiming for a workplace accident in Hamilton, clinical negligence claims and we’ll even cover how you could claim for a road traffic accident that occurred in Hamilton.
We have a team of specialist advisors ready to offer free legal advice and a no-obligation assessment of your claim. We work with a panel of no win no fee solicitors who are not based in Hamilton but can cover the area and assist you in making a claim for compensation. To discuss your claim straight away, please call on 0800 073 8802.
If you’d prefer to find out more about the types of claims solicitors covering Hamilton, Scotland could help with, please continue reading.
Do No Win No Fee Claims Work Differently In Scotland
A no win no fee solicitor can’t take on all claims. They need to be sure that there’s a chance of a successful outcome. Therefore, you’ll usually need to show that:
- A third party was negligent;
- And caused you to suffer in some way;
- And that person or company owed you a duty of care.
You’ll also need to make sure your claim is made within the relevant time limit. The personal injury claims time limit is 3 years, a criminal injury claim has 2 years and the package holiday claims time limit is 3 years. Other claims have different time limits so please check with our team.
When it has been established that you are eligible to make a claim, the solicitor will provide you with a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA). This is the contract between both parties which explains:
- There are no solicitor’s fees to pay unless compensation is awarded.
- The size of the success fee should compensation be paid.
The success fee is a percentage of your compensation deducted before it’s paid to you. It is used to cover the solicitor’s work and their fees.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim
- Claim Compensation For A Hamilton Car Accident
- No Win No Fee Clinical Negligence Cases In Scotland
- Claim Compensation For A Workplace Accident In Hamilton
- Claim Compensation For An Accident Or Injury On Holiday
- Claim Compensation As The Victim Of A Violent Crime
- Other No Win No Fee Injury Claims
- No Win No Fee Mis Sold Pension Compensation Claims
- Claim If A Tenancy Deposit Was Withheld Or Not Protected
- Claim Compensation From A Landlord For Housing Disrepair
- How To Talk To No Win No Fee Expert
- Services Covering Hamilton, Scotland
Claim Compensation For A Hamilton Car Accident
Our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Hamilton could help you if you’re injured in a car accident that was caused by another road user.
In any type of road traffic accident (RTA), we advise that you collect as much information at the scene as you possibly can. That’s because, once the scene of the accident has been cleared, providing evidence can be tricky. We’d recommend that you:
- Photograph the scene of the accident (before it’s cleared).
- Visit Hamilton accident and emergency or your GP for treatment of any injuries.
- Get the details of any witnesses to the accident.
- Try to obtain dashcam footage.
There are a number of different injuries which a personal injury solicitor could help with following an RTA including broken bones, bruising, cuts, head injuries, whiplash, back injuries and ligament or tendon damage.
No Win No Fee Clinical Negligence Cases In Scotland
The NHS and private healthcare facilities could be sued if a medical professional employed by them causes suffering as a result of substandard treatment. This can apply to medical and cosmetic procedures even when you have signed a consent form.
Some examples of negligence which could lead to a claim include:
- Medication errors leading to suffering and side effects.
- Avoidable injuries caused during childbirth.
- Pain caused by anaesthetic errors.
- Care home negligence leading to injuries.
- Dental, medical or cosmetic surgical negligence leading to avoidable injuries.
- Super bugs in hospitals causing illnesses like sepsis or pneumonia.
Claim Compensation For A Workplace Accident In Hamilton
Employers, whether huge multi-national companies or small, family-run businesses have a duty of care to protect their staff while at work. This means that they need to assess the workplace and make changes, train staff properly, ensure equipment is fault-free and well maintained or provide safety equipment to reduce risks on a regular basis.
If you are eligible to make a workplace accident claim you shouldn’t fear being disciplined. It’s illegal for employers to treat you differently or sack you for claiming because you are making a claim. They will also have insurance in place to cover such a claim, so you don’t need to worry about the impact of a claim on the business either.
Claim Compensation For An Accident Or Injury On Holiday
When you are on holiday abroad, if you are caused to suffer because of third party negligence, then you may be able to claim compensation from the responsible party.
This might be your package holiday provider if you were injured while using a service purchased from them. The types of incident which could lead to a claim include:
- Food poisoning.
- Hotel accidents.
- Airport accidents.
- Flight or cruise ship accidents.
- Hire car collisions.
- Injuries sustained in sporting activities.
Our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Hamilton could help with claims against package holiday providers (3-year time limit). If the claim is against the business or individual responsible, the time limit might vary depending on the country where the accident happened.
Claim Compensation As The Victim Of A Violent Crime
You might not realise it, but you could claim compensation for a violent crime which left you injured. The claim would be made against the government’s Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) rather than the criminal.
CICA claims have their own criteria for claiming so it’s worth speaking to our advisors to check what can be claimed for. The time limit for CICA claims is 2-years and the crime does need to have been reported to the police. However, in some circumstances, the time limit could be extended.
Other No Win No Fee Injury Claims
Now, we’re going to move on to other types of claim our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Hamilton could help with. Before we do, here are a few more personal injury claims you could make:
- Public place accidents – a local authority or business owner could be sued if they were negligent and caused an accident in a public place. These can include parks, car parks and shopping centres.
- Slip and fall claims – Should you be injured during a fall caused by negligence; you could claim against the responsible party.
- Children’s accidents – A parent can represent a child as their ‘litigation friend’ at any point before the child is 18. Courts manage any compensation via a trust fund. If no claim has been brought forward on behalf of the child, once they have turned 18 they have 3 years to make a claim for the injuries that they sustained previously.
No Win No Fee Mis Sold Pension Compensation Claims
Any form of financial mis-selling could lead to a compensation claim if you’ve lost money and the Financial Conduct Authority’s rules were broken by your financial advisor. The rules cover products such as pensions, mortgages and investments. You could be able to claim if:
- The advisor didn’t tell you about the ongoing fees.
- Your health or lifestyle weren’t discussed before products were recommended.
- Pressure was put on you to make a choice.
- You weren’t offered a range of products to choose from.
- The terms and conditions weren’t explained to you in full.
Claim If A Tenancy Deposit Was Withheld Or Not Protected
Tenancy Deposit Schemes (TDS) came into force in 2007. They were designed to help prevent a tenancy deposit being withheld unfairly. If you have unpaid bills or cause damage to your property, a landlord can still retain some or all of the deposit, but they have to negotiate through the TDS to do so.
Here are some of the rules that need to be followed:
- A deposit must be placed into a TDS within 30 days of payment.
- The tenant needs to be told, in writing, which TDS has been used within 30 days.
- The deposit must not be withdrawn from the scheme early.
Claim Compensation From A Landlord For Housing Disrepair
Any type of housing disrepair which makes you ill, causes an injury or damages your personal belongings could mean you’re entitled to compensation. If you’ve reported a problem to your landlord, that they’re obliged to repair but didn’t, you could claim. The types of fault that might lead to a claim include:
- Leaking pipes or roofs.
- Structural defects.
- Electrical hazards.
- Blocked pipes.
- Broken hot water heaters.
- Damp and mould.
- Fire risks.
How To Talk To No Win No Fee Expert
Get In Touch With Us
To begin your claim, please call our team today.
Discuss Your Situation
They’ll listen to what’s happened and assess your claim for free. At this point, they will introduce you to one of our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Hamilton.
Manage Your Claim And Stay Up To Date
Services Covering Hamilton, Scotland
During your no win no fee claim, you’re likely to need to speak with a few local services. This might be to report the incident or to request information. Therefore, to help save you some time, we’ve listed some of the services below.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Hamilton
An important part of any personal injury claim is a medical assessment performed by an independent doctor. Here are some of our panel of doctors that could be used to help with claims in the Hamilton area:
|Rehella Khand||The Connal Building,
West George Street,
Glasgow, G2 1DA
|Mohammed Ahmad||Sauchiehall Road,
Glasgow, G3 7TQ.
|Malika Kumar||Regent Medical Group,
West Regent Street,
Glasgow, G2 7RQ.
The doctor is asked to perform a medical assessment so that a report can be written for your personal injury lawyer. They’ll assess you and ask numerous questions about your injuries. The report will explain what injuries you sustained, how severe they were, how they affected you and whether you’ll be affected in any way in the future.
Your solicitor will use the report to help calculate how much compensation you could be entitled to. This means a medical assessment is mandatory in all personal injury claims.
University Hospital Wishaw – Wishaw General Hospital
Here are the details for the main hospital serving Hamilton:
University Hospital Wishaw,
50 Netherton Street,
Wishaw, ML2 0DP.
Here are the details for the local NHS board in Hamilton:
South Lanarkshire Council
Here are the details for the local council if you need to contact them because you need to make a report or request information from them.
South Lanarkshire Council,
If you need to contact the police because you need information from them, here are their details:
Hamilton Police Station,
Hamilton, ML3 6AS.
Written by BT.
Edited by CE.