Hampshire No Win No Fee Solicitors – Compensation Claims Compare And Review Guide

No Win No Fee Solicitors Hampshire

No Win No Fee Solicitors Hampshire

You can benefit from the services of a no win no fee solicitor if you’ve suffered due to somebody else’s negligence. You could be entitled to compensation for your suffering, so it’s always worth considering what options are available to you. This guide is going to explain the types of claim no win no fee solicitors covering Hampshire could help you with.

Here at No Win No Fee Expert, we have a team of specialists who offer free claims advice and a no obligation assessment of any claim. To have your claim assessed for free, please call 0800 073 8802 today. Alternatively, if you want to find out more about what claims are possible before calling, please continue reading this helpful guide.

How Do No Win No Fee Claims Work?

If you can show that somebody who owed you a duty of care was negligent and caused you to suffer, then you could use a no win no fee solicitor to claim compensation.

When a solicitor takes on your claim, you’ll sign a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA). This is the technical name for a no win no fee agreement. In a CFA, you’ll find confirmation that you don’t have to pay the solicitor’s fees unless they win compensation for you.

In the event that they do win, you won’t need to find the funds to pay the solicitor’s fees as a ‘success fee’ is automatically deducted from your compensation. The exact level of success fee will be agreed upon between yourself and your lawyer but, by law, it can’t be higher than 25% of your compensation award.

Finally, before the solicitor takes your case on, they’ll check what the relevant time limit is. Here are some examples:

  • In general, the personal injury claims time limit is 3-years.
  • A package holiday claim also usually has a time limit of 3-years.
  • Criminal injury claims are slightly less. They have a 2-year time limit.

For any other type of claim, please check with an advisor because they can vary from claim to claim depending on the circumstances.

Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim

Claims For Road Traffic Accidents In Hampshire

Hampshire traffic accidents could lead to a compensation claim if they were caused as the result of the negligence of another driver. To make a successful claim following a road traffic accident in Hampshire, you will need some evidence to support the claim.

Here are some examples of evidence you could collect:

  • Witness statements.
  • Dashcam footage.
  • Medical records following a visit to a GP or accident and emergency department.
  • Photographs of the scene of the accident before vehicles were removed.
  • The other driver’s details.

There are a number of common injuries which might lead to a claim for a Hampshire road accident including concussion, head injuries, back injuries, whiplash, cuts, bruises, lacerations and broken bones.

Our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Hampshire could help you claim compensation even in the event of a fatal accident in Hampshire involving a loved one. Therefore, please call today to discuss your options.

Do I Have A Claim For Medical Negligence In Hampshire?

You could use our panel of medical negligence solicitors covering Hampshire if you’ve suffered at the hands of a medical professional. If you’ve received substandard treatment which led to an injury or suffering, then you could be able to claim against private healthcare providers as well as the NHS.

Here are some examples of negligence that could lead to a claim:

  • Injuries in care home, such as bed sores, bruising or fractures, caused by negligent staff.
  • Avoidable injuries due to negligent surgery.
  • Pain caused due to an anaesthetic error.
  • Suffering caused by medication errors.
  • Injuries sustained during childbirth that could’ve been avoided.
  • Suffering due to a misdiagnosis leading to delayed treatment.

Claims are possible where suffering is caused due to negligence in medical treatment and also in cosmetic procedures.

Do I Have A Valid Injury At Work Claim?

To make a successful injury at work compensation claim, your employer will need to have caused an accident, in which you suffered an injury, because they were negligent. According to the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, employers should try to keep their staff safe while at work.

In practice, that means companies should risk assess their workplace and take steps to remove any risks identified. Therefore, you could seek compensation if your accident was caused by:

  • A lack of safety equipment.
  • Inadequate training.
  • A poor understanding or the company’s health and safety procedures.
  • Broken or poorly maintained equipment.
  • A generally unsafe workplace, e.g. spillages, uneven flooring, trailing cables, etc.

Claim For An Accident On Holiday

If you’d like to claim for an accident on holiday, then our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Hampshire could help you when you return to the UK. In the same way as in the UK, to be eligible to claim, you’ll need to first show that somebody else’s negligence led to your accident and subsequent injuries.

The types of claim you might want to make include:

  • Hire car collision claims.
  • Hotel accident claims.
  • Excursion injury claims.
  • Cruise ship claims.
  • Food poisoning claims.
  • Airport or in-flight accident claims.

There are a number of ways in which you could make a claim for compensation, one of which being to utilise the Package Travel And Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018. Under such legislation, it is possible to make a compensation claim against a UK-based tour operator providing the incident occurred on an entity included within the package holiday.

For independently booked holidays, claims can be directly made to company to business who was at fault, even if it is an internationally-based business. There are more ways than those mentioned to make a claim for an accident on holiday. Call us today to discuss your options further.

Criminal Assault Compensation Claims

When you’re injured by a criminal act, you might not think it’s possible to claim compensation for your injuries. However, the government runs the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) which allows compensation claims for physical and psychological injuries caused due to a violent crime.

The scheme has its own rules and criteria for claiming. Here are some examples:

  • When you successfully claim for multiple injuries, the first (most severe) injury will receive 100% compensation, the next will get 30% and the next 15%.
  • A claim has to be made within 2-years. However, in some cases this can be extended or waived.
  • The police must have been informed about the crime.

If you’d like help making a criminal assault compensation claim, please call an advisor today.

What Other Accident Claims Could A No Win No Fee Solicitor Help Me With?

Before we move on to other claims our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Hampshire might be able to help with, here are a few more that a personal injury lawyer could handle:

  • Accident claims on behalf of a child could be possible if a parent acts as a litigation friend. This can be done at any point before the victim turns 18. At this point, they have 3-years to make their own claim.
  • Slips, trips and falls could be claimed for if the accident was caused by negligence. As an example, you could claim if you fell down a set of stairs because a handrail was missing or broken.
  • Finally, it’s sometimes possible to claim for an accident in a public place if the local authority or business responsible for the area caused the accident through a form of negligence.

Claim Back A Mis Sold Pension Or Other Financial Service

There are times when you might be able to claim back losses due caused by a mis-sold pension, investment, mortgage or annuity. That’s because a financial advisor must adhere to rules regarding certain products controlled by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).

If they haven’t stuck to the rules, and as a result you’ve lost money, you could seek damages. If you answer yes to any of the questions below, call an advisor for a free assessment of your claim:

  • Were you advised to take money from your workplace pension and invest it elsewhere?
  • Did the advisor fail to check your health history or lifestyle?
  • Was the product recommended high-risk when you asked not to risk your funds?
  • Did the advisor fail to tell you about the terms, fees or ongoing charges?
  • Were you only given one or two products to choose from meaning you couldn’t make an informed decision?

Claim For A Tenancy Deposit Which Was Not Protected

Our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Hampshire might also be able to help you claim for a tenancy deposit dispute. That’s because there are strict rules regarding Tenancy Deposit Schemes (TDS) which all landlords must abide by.

These include:

  • Placing any deposit into a TDS within 30 days of receiving it.
  • Not removing it prior to the end of a tenancy agreement.
  • Writing to the tenant with details of the scheme used within 30 days.

Claim For Housing Disrepair Against Hampshire Landlords

When renting a property from a council, housing association or private landlord, you could claim for housing disrepair if you’ve reported a fault, that wasn’t fixed and led to you being made ill or suffering an injury. You could also claim if the fault caused your personal belongings to be damaged.

The types of repair that your landlord might be obliged to fix include:

  • Leaking roofs or pipes.
  • Broken hot water or heating boilers.
  • Blocked drains.
  • Electrical or fire hazards.
  • Damp or mould.
  • Structural defects.

So you have some evidence to support your claim, we’d advise you keep hold of any emails or text messages you use to report the fault to your landlord.

How A No Win No Fee Claim Works

Now you’ve read this guide, we hope you’re ready to begin a claim today. If so, you can call us on 0800 073 8802. Alternatively, we can call you if you complete our online enquiry form. For any claim, we’ll use this process:

Get In Touch With Us

So that we can begin your case, please call an advisor today.

Discuss Your Situation

Let us know what happened and we’ll assess your chances of claiming compensation. We could then introduce you to one of our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Hampshire.

Manage Your Claim And Stay Up To Date

Should they take on your claim, the solicitor will provide regular updates for you. Also, if you are offered a settlement figure, they’ll explain your options.

Resources For Claimants In Hampshire

You’ll probably need to contact at least one local agency during your no win no fee claim. As a result, we’ve listed the details for the local police, hospital and council to save you a little bit of time.

Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Hampshire

When you make a personal injury claim, one important step that needs to be taken is a medical assessment from an independent doctor. Your solicitor will arrange this when necessary and could use one of our panel of local doctors so that you don’t have to travel too far.

Here are some of the doctors who can help in Hampshire:

Ayubur RahmanThe Natural Therapy Centre,
Spur Road,
Portsmouth, PO6 3EB.
Amrik SinghTestwood Lane,
Southampton, SO40 3ZN.
Paul MillardChiddesden Road,
Basingstoke, RG22 4EH.

When you attend your appointment, you’ll be assessed by the doctor and they’ll also ask you a number of questions regarding your injuries. Then, they’ll prepare a report for your personal injury lawyer. In the report, the doctor will explain the exact nature of your injuries (including their severity), what impact they had and if there will be a long-term effect on you.

Because your solicitor will use the report to help determine how much compensation you could be entitled to, medical assessments are mandatory for all personal injury claims.

Southampton General Hospital

Should you need to contact the main hospital in Hampshire because you need to request medical records, here are their details.

Southampton General Hospital,
Tremona Road,
Southampton, SO16 6YD.

University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust

Here are the details of the main NHS provider in Hampshire:

University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust.
Trust Headquarters,
Tremona Road,
Southampton, SO16 6YD.

Hampshire County Council

So that you can contact the local authority to report an incident, we’ve included their details here:

Hampshire County Council,
The Castle,
Winchester, SO23 8UJ.
Web: https://www.hants.gov.uk/aboutthecouncil/contact

Hampshire Constabulary

Finally, to contact the local police, please use these details:

Hampshire Constabulary,
Police Headquarters,
Tower Street,
Winchester, SO23 8ZD.

Written by B.T.

Edited by H.E.