Harrogate No Win No Fee Solicitors – Compensation Claims Compare And Review Guide

No Win No Fee Solicitors Harrogate

No Win No Fee Solicitors Harrogate

When something goes wrong, because of someone else’s negligence, and you suffer because of it, then you might want to consider using a no win no fee solicitor to claim compensation for your suffering. This could be a personal injury claim, a claim for financial losses or even a claim for injuries caused in a criminal act against you. In this guide, we’re going to look at how no win no fee solicitors covering Harrogate could help you claim compensation.

Our panel of no win no fee solicitors can assist in making Harrogate compensation claims, although they are not based in the area, they can cover it with ease. To discuss whether you could make a claim, call 0800 073 8802 today for free legal advice and a free assessment of your claim.

Alternatively, to understand more about the types of claims that are possible, please continue reading.

Conditional Fee Agreements Explained

A no win no fee agreement is known legally as a conditional fee agreement or CFA. They reduce the financial risk involved in claiming because there are no upfront fees to pay and you only have to pay the solicitor’s success fee if they win you compensation.

The success fee you’ll pay to your no win no fee solicitor will be outlined in the CFA from the start. When compensation is won, the fee is deducted automatically to save you having to find the funds to pay the solicitor yourself.

To be eligible to make a no win no fee claim, you’ll need to ensure you make it within the time limits. The personal injury claims time limit is 3-years. For other claims, the time limit can vary. We’ll try to explain this as we go through the guide, but the best advice is to call one of our advisors to check which time limit is relevant to your claim.

Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim

No Win No Fee Harrogate Car Accident Compensation Claims

Any type of Harrogate traffic accident could lead to a compensation claim including a car accident, a bike accident or even a bus accident. To be able to claim, you’ll need to provide as much evidence as possible. Therefore, following a road traffic accident try to:

  • Take photographs of the scene of the accident before any vehicles are removed.
  • Visit your GP or Harrogate accident and emergency department to have your injuries treated.
  • Get witness details.
  • Ask the other road user for their name, registration number and insurance details.
  • See if there is any CCTV or dashcam footage that captured the accident.

There are many types of injuries following an RTA that could be claimed for. The more common types include:

  • Neck and whiplash injuries.
  • Broken or fractured bones.
  • Head injuries.
  • Back injuries.
  • Soft tissue damage.

No Win No Fee Medical Malpractice Claims

Medical malpractice claims are possible if a medical professional is negligent and causes you to become avoidably ill, to suffer a preventable injury or to make an existing problem worse.

It’s not just medical procedures which could lead to a claim though, you could also claim for suffering caused by cosmetic surgery or treatments. Claims can be bought against the medical professional involved, the NHS or a private healthcare company.

You might be able to make a claim for:

  • Avoidable injuries during medical, cosmetic or dental surgery because the wrong procedure or equipment was used.
  • Negligence in a care home leading to suffering such as bed sores due to a lack of movement.
  • Medication errors leading to preventable side effects.
  • Hospital super bugs which cause other illnesses such as sepsis or pneumonia.
  • Childbirth avoidable injuries.
  • Anaesthetic mistakes.

No Win No Fee Work Injury Compensation Claims

All employers, whether large or small, have a duty of care towards their staff’s safety. A work injury compensation claim might be possible if they breach their duty of care which leads to an accident occurring resulting in an injury. The legislation used to support these claims is the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974. It means that employers need to assess the workplace and try to reduce risks wherever possible by making suitable changes.

You could be entitled to compensation if you are injured in an accident caused by:

  • Inadequate, unmaintained, faulty or damaged machinery.
  • A lack of proper training on the task which caused the injury.
  • Insufficient training on the company health and safety procedures.
  • Inappropriate personal protective equipment.

A personal injury solicitor could help you claim in such cases and your employer isn’t allowed to stop you, discipline you or sack you for doing so.

No Win No Fee Accident Abroad Compensation Claims

Our panel of solicitors covering Harrogate, North Yorkshire, could help you claim compensation for injuries caused by accidents on holiday. You’d need to show that somebody else caused the accident to happen by providing evidence such as photographs, witness statements and accident reports.

The types of accidents that you could make a claim for include:

  • Swimming pool accidents.
  • Airport and in-flight accidents.
  • Food poisoning.
  • Hotel accidents.
  • Injuries caused by excursions or sporting activities.
  • Cruise ship accidents.
  • Train, ferry or other transport accidents (including hire cars).

Compensation claims for accidents abroad could be made using package holiday regulations if you booked that type of holiday. Failing that, you might be able to claim using local legislation. In the latter case, you might find the time limit for claiming is different to other claims so please call to discuss whether you’ll be able to claim or not. Our panel of solicitors are well versed in both UK and international law and will be happy to assist you.

Claim After An Assault, Abuse Or Other Violent Crime In Harrogate

If you’re injured during a criminal act against you, then it might be possible to seek compensation through the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA). The scheme is operated by the government and allows for claims for physical and psychological injuries caused by violent crime.

The time limit for CICA claims is 2-years generally but it is possible for this to be waived in historical abuse cases. If you’d like to begin a claim after an assault or other crime using our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Harrogate, then please call an advisor for free legal advice.

More Types Of Accident And Injury Claims

As well as personal injury claims, there are other types of claims a no win no fee solicitor can help with. We’ll cover those in the next few sections of this guide. Before we do, though, here are some other injury claims you could make.

  • Children are unable to make a personal injury claim themselves so you could claim on their behalf until they turn 18. If you don’t, they could make the claim before they turn 21.
  • If you’re injured in a slip, trip or fall, you might be entitled to compensation if it was caused by negligence. This could include falls caused by a broken handrail, a slippery floor, trailing cables or raised paving slabs.
  • You could also make a no win no fee claim if you have an accident in a public place. These include parks, footpaths, playing fields and public highways. Claims against the local authority or third party responsible for the public place could be possible if their negligence caused the accident to happen.

Compensation If A Financial Product Has Been Mis sold

The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) is a government department that provides rules and regulations regarding the selling of financial products. These include annuities, investment products and pensions. If a financial advisor has failed to follow the FCA guidelines and you’ve lost out financially because of their negligence, you could be entitled to seek those losses back.

You might be entitled to compensation if you lost out financially because:

  • You were pressured into buying a particular product.
  • The advisor failed to inform you of the terms and conditions.
  • You weren’t made aware of fees and charges linked to a product.
  • A range of products were not offered to you meaning you were unable to make an informed decision.
  • Your health and lifestyle weren’t discussed before a product was recommended.

Unprotected Rental Deposit Compensation Claims

No win no fee solicitors covering the Harrogate area could help you if your landlord has breached rules regarding tenancy deposit schemes (TDS). Under the legislation introduced in 2007 a landlord must:

  • Put your deposit into a TDS within 30 days of receiving it.
  • Tell you, in writing, which scheme they’ve used (also within 30 days).
  • Not move the funds from the scheme before your tenancy ends.

Any breach of the above could mean you’re able to seek damages from your landlord so please get in touch to discuss your options.

No Win No Fee Housing Disrepair Damage Claims

If your landlord allows your property to fall into disrepair and this causes you to be injured, suffer an illness or lose out financially, then you might be able to claim for housing disrepair damages. This could be the case if the landlord has failed to meet their duty of care and maintain the property to minimum health and safety levels (providing you made them aware of any problems).

Whether you rent privately, from the council or from a housing association, you could claim for any suffering caused by:

  • Structural faults or defects.
  • Electrical hazards.
  • Damp or mould.
  • Leaks, blocked pipes or drains.
  • Broken heating or a lack of hot water.

Try to keep copies of any communication with your landlord where you’ve reported a fault. This could be used as evidence to support your claim.

Begin A Compensation Claim Today

To discuss how you begin a claim, please call on 0800 073 8802. If you’d like us to call you when it’s convenient, please fill in our enquiry form. We’ll follow the process below for all enquiries we receive:

Get In Touch With Us

To begin your claim, you can either contact us by phone or online.

Discuss Your Situation

Then we’ll take a look at your claim in a free consultation. If there’s a good chance of success, we could introduce you to one of our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Harrogate.

Manage Your Claim And Stay Up To Date

If the solicitor takes on your claim, they’ll update you regularly as the case advances. Whether that be through email, over the telephone or via the post.

Helpful Service Providers In Harrogate

During a claim, there are a number of local services that you might need to contact to help gather evidence or to report the incident. To save some time, we’ve listed some common services below.

Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Harrogate

When you begin a personal injury claim, your no win no fee solicitor will arrange for an independent medical examination to take place. To ensure you don’t need to travel too far, we work with a panel of doctors all over the UK who can perform the assessment. In the Harrogate area we could use any of the following:

Kashif WaseemRoberts Street,
Harrogate, HG1 1HP.
Ayaz AbassiRippon Road,
Harrogate, HG1 2SY.

The medical assessment is carried out by the doctor and they’ll ask a number of questions. Following their assessment, they’ll write a report detailing what injuries you sustained, how severe they were and how they affected you. They’ll also assess how likely you are to be affected in the future.

The report will be a vital piece of evidence used by your personal injury solicitor to determine how much compensation they’ll claim on your behalf.

Harrogate District Hospital

Here are the details for the main hospital in Harrogate should you need to contact them for medical records.

Harrogate District Hospital.
Lancaster Park Road,
North Yorkshire, HG2 7SX.
Web: www.hdft.nhs.uk/hospitals/harrogate-district-hospital/.

Harrogate Borough Council

If you need to speak with the local authority, then you can use the following information.

Harrogate Borough Council
Civic Centre,
St Lukes Avenue,
Harrogate, HG1 2AE.
Web: www.harrogate.gov.uk/

North Yorkshire Police

To contact the police headquarters covering Harrogate, use the details below.

North Yorkshire Police Headquarters
Alverton Court,
Crosby Road,
Northallerton, DL6 1BF.

Written by BT.

Edited by CE.