Hertfordshire No Win No Fee Solicitors – Compensation Claims Compare And Review Guide

No Win No Fee Solicitors Hertfordshire

No Win No Fee Solicitors Hertfordshire

Should you be unfortunate enough to suffer because somebody else was negligent, you may wish to begin a compensation clam with a no win no fee solicitor. The types of suffering which might lead to a claim include physical injuries, psychological injuries and also financial losses. In this guide, we’re going to look at how our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Hertfordshire could help you claim.

We have a team of specialists who offer a no obligation assessment of your claim as well as free legal advice. To discuss your claim right away, please call 0800 073 8802 today.

If you prefer, please carry on reading to find out what types of claim are possible.

Am I Eligible To Make A No Win No Fee Claim?

Before looking at how no win no fee solicitors work, it’s worth considering the criteria you could need to meet for your claim to be taken on. This will include:

  • Firstly, you’ll need to show that you’ve been made to suffer from negligence.
  • Then you’ll need to show that the defendant owed you a duty of care.
  • Finally, it will need to be clear that the suffering was caused by the defendant’s negligence.

Also, you’ll need to be claiming within a relevant time limit. Here are some examples:

  • The personal injury claims time limit is usually 3-years.
  • Package holiday claims generally have a 3-year time limit.
  • Criminal injury claims have a shorter 2-year time limit.

Once a solicitor agrees to take on your claim, they’ll give you a conditional fee agreement to sign. This is your contract which will explain that you only have to pay the solicitor’s fees if they win compensation for you. It will also detail the ‘success fee’ that’s payable when you are compensated.

Success fees are deducted from your compensation before you receive it to cover the solicitor’s fees and, by law, can’t be any more than 25% of your award.

Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim

Hertfordshire Car And Traffic Accident Claims

The first type of claim we’ll look at is a road traffic accident in Hertfordshire. If you’re involved in one, suffer an injury as a result and it was seen to be caused by another road user, you could seek compensation from them.

During a Hertfordshire car accident, there are a number of common injuries which could lead to a claim, including broken bones, cuts and bruises, soft tissue damage, whiplash, head injuries and back injuries.

To make claiming for an accident in Hertford easier, we recommend that you try to:

  • Swap details with the other driver without admitting liability.
  • Take photographs before vehicles are removed.
  • Visit the local A&E or your GP so that your injuries are assessed and treated.
  • Ask witnesses for contact details or dashcam footage if they have any.

Claim Compensation For Injuries Caused By Medical Malpractice

You could claim for medical malpractice, using a personal injury lawyer, if your condition was made worse, or you were you were injured/made ill because of substandard treatment from a medical professional.

Even if you’ve signed a consent form or waiver, a claim could be brought against the NHS or a private medical company for negligence during cosmetic or medical treatment.

Here are some examples:

  • Avoidable injuries sustained in childbirth.
  • A misdiagnosis which means you suffer worse symptoms due to a delay in beginning treatment.
  • Care home negligence causing injuries, such as bed sores.
  • Sepsis, pneumonia or other illnesses due to hospital super bugs.
  • Avoidable injuries caused by negligent surgery.
  • Pain suffered during treatment due to anaesthetic mistakes.

No Win No Fee Hertfordshire Work Injury Claims

It is sometimes possible to make a work injury claim if your employer’s negligence led to an accident in which you were injured. Our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Hertfordshire could help you if your accident was caused by:

  • Inadequate training.
  • Damaged, faulty or poorly maintained equipment.
  • A lack of safety equipment.
  • An unsafe working environment where trip hazards, electrical hazards or other risks have not been removed or highlighted.

Under UK law, your employer is not able to stop you from claiming and if they treat you differently, discipline you or sack you for doing so, you could seek additional damages.

No Win No Fee Holiday Injury Compensation Claims

If you need to claim holiday injury compensation, then our panel of solicitors could help you. If you were injured while using a service purchased from a package holiday provider (such as a hotel, car hire, excursion, flight etc.), you could claim against them. Usually, you have to do so in a 3-year time limit.

However, if you booked the holiday yourself independently you could still make a claim, but you might have less time to do so. Your claim will be against the responsible party and will be made using the laws in the country in which you were injured.

You could claim for hotel accidents, food poisoning, airport or flight-based accidents, cruise ship accidents, excursion injuries or hire car collisions.

Hertfordshire Criminal Injury Victim Compensation Claims

You could make a claim for injuries sustained during a violent crime using our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Hertfordshire. The claim could be made through the government’s Criminal Injuries Claims Authority (CICA) scheme.

There are differences when claiming in this way, including:

  • If you successfully claim for multiple injuries, you’ll receive 100% compensation for the most severe injury, 30% for the next and 15% for the next.
  • The claim has to be made within 2-years. However, this time limit might be waived or extended for historical cases.
  • You must have reported the crime to police prior to making a CICA claim.

Claims can include compensation for physical and psychological injuries. Also, you can include some financial losses linked to the injuries such as lost income.

Further No Win No Fee Personal Injury Claim Examples

We’re going to move on to look at other types of claims our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Hertfordshire could help with. Before we do, here are a few more personal injury claims you could make:

  • A claim for injuries caused by a slip, trip or fall could be possible if the accident was caused due to negligence. For example, if you slip on a spillage in a shop which hadn’t been cleaned up, you could be eligible for compensation.
  • When a child is injured due to negligence, a parent could become their ‘litigation friend’ and represent them in a claim. Any compensation will be paid into a trust fund which is managed by the courts.
  • Finally, if an accident happens in a public place, like a train station, shopping centre or car park, you could seek damages from the owner or local authority if their negligence caused you to become injured.

Mis Sold Investment Or Pension Transfer Claims

There are times when it could be possible to seek compensation if you lost money due to financial mis-selling. That’s because the Financial Conduct Authority has rules covering the sales of products like pensions, investments, mortgages and annuities.

So that means that you might be able to make a claim if an advisor:

  • Failed to tell you about the terms and conditions of a product.
  • Didn’t ask about your lifestyle before recommending a product.
  • Forgot to explain any ongoing fees to you.
  • Didn’t give you a range of products to choose from so you couldn’t make an informed decision.
  • Pressured you into a choice.
  • Recommended you transfer money out of a workplace pension.

To discuss making a mis-sold pension transfer claim (or any other form of mis-selling), please call an advisor today. The time limit for claiming in financial mis-selling cases varies, so we’ll be able to advise you on this once we’ve assessed your claim.

How To Claim A Withheld Tenancy Deposit Back

Our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Hertfordshire often hear questions about how to claim a tenancy deposit back. There are rules regarding Tenancy Deposit Schemes (TDS) which, if breached, could lead to a claim.

Therefore, you could claim if any of the following rules were broken:

  • Your landlord didn’t put your deposit into a TDS within 30 days of receiving it.
  • You weren’t told in writing which TDS had been used.
  • Finally, you could claim if your deposit was withdrawn from the TDS before your tenancy ended.

Housing Disrepair Claims Against Landlords In Hertfordshire

If you rent a property from a private landlord, council or housing association, you could claim compensation if you’re injured or made ill because of housing disrepair. That’s because the landlord will have a duty of care, or contractual obligation, to keep the property in a habitable condition.

Therefore, you could claim if any of the following cause you to suffer:

  • Damp or mould.
  • Broken hot water or heating supplies.
  • Drains that are severely blocked.
  • A leaking roof or pipe.
  • Structural defects.
  • Fire or electrical hazards.

Also, should your own belongings become damaged because of the disrepair, you could also make a claim.

Make Your No Win No Fee Claim

Are you ready to begin a claim now that you’ve read this guide? If so, you can call us on 0800 073 8802 today. Alternatively, if it’s easier, we can call you at a convenient time if you complete our online enquiry form. For all claims, we’ll follow the process below:

Get In Touch With Us

So that we can start your claim, please contact a specialist today.

Discuss Your Situation

The advisor will take a look at what happened and the evidence you have. After the free consultation, we could introduce you to one of our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Hertfordshire.

Manage Your Claim And Stay Up To Date

If the solicitor agrees to take on your claim, they will update you regularly as the case progresses.

Hertfordshire Area Resources

In many no win no fee claims, the claimant needs to contact a local hospital, the police or the local authority. Therefore, to save you a little time, we’ve listed their details below.

Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Hertfordshire

So that your solicitor can work out how much compensation you could be entitled to, you’ll need to have a medical assessment by an independent doctor during any personal injury claim. When this needs to happen, your solicitor could use a panel of doctors based around the UK. Usually, that means the appointment can be local to you. Here are some of the doctors covering the Hertfordshire area:

Kashif AzizClarendon Road,
Watford, WD17 1DU.
Rajesh RachhaDanestrete,
Stevenage, SG1 1XB.
Sola OsinderoStevenage Clinc,
Chells Way,
Stevenage, SG2 0HN

During your assessment, the doctor will ask a number of questions about your injury. Then they’ll compile a report for your personal injury solicitor which will contain information about what injuries you suffered, how severe they were and the impact they had. Also, in some cases, the report will explain if there are going to be any long term issues resulting from the injuries.

Hertford County Hospital

If you need to contact the local hospital because you require medical records (or other information), please use the following:

Hertford County Hospital,
North Road,
Hertford, SG14 1LP.

East And North Hertfordshire NHS Trust

Here are the details you’ll need so that you can contact the local NHS trust:

East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust.
Trust Headquarters,
Coreys Mill Lane,
Hertfordshire, SG1 4AB.

Hertfordshire County Council

Should you need to get in touch with the local authority, you can use the following details:

Hertfordshire County Council,
County Hall,
Pegs Lane,
Hertford, SG13 8DG.
Web: www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/home.aspx

Hertfordshire Constabulary

If you need to contact the local police so that you can request information, here are they’re details:

Hertfordshire Constabulary,
Police Headquarters,
Stanborough Road,
Welwyn Garden City,
Hertfordshire, AL8 6XF.

Written by B.T.

Edited by H.E.