If you have been injured in an accident that was not your fault, or have become ill due to the actions of a third party, you could be able to make a claim for compensation. You can even make a claim if you have lost out financially. This online guide gives free legal advice for Hinckley residents and explains how a No Win No Fee solicitor could possibly help them to claim any compensation that they are eligible for.
We cover some of the most common kinds of claims that our panel of No Win No Fee solicitors covering Hinckley might help claimants with, and also explain many aspects of the claims process itself. For additional information, and to have any questions you have answered, please speak to a member of our claims team on 0800 073 8802.
How The No Win No Fee Claims Process Works
Before you consider using No Win No Fee solicitors covering Hinckley to process your claim for you, it is important that you understand exactly what is meant by No Win No Fee. The correct term for this kind of arrangement for legal help is a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA). When a solicitor agrees to handle your claim under this kind of agreement, the fee is deferred until the claim is complete, and it is also conditional on the claim being successful.
In financial terms, this means you don’t need to pay a fee at the time you begin your claim, or during the time that it takes the solicitor to process the claim for you. If the claim isn’t successful, then you still pay nothing at all. When you initially discuss your claim with a solicitor, they will negotiate a fixed percentage of the claim value that they will take as a fee if the claim is a success. This fee will be collected automatically when the solicitor receives a compensation settlement for you.
You can click here to read our extended guide to a No Win No Fee agreement. You can also speak to one of our claim advisors on the number near the bottom of this guide, and they will explain everything you need to know over the phone.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim
- Hinckley Road Traffic Accident Compensation Claims
- Making A Medical Negligence Compensation Claim
- When You Could Claim For An Accident At Work
- No Win No Fee Accident On Holiday Compensation Claims
- How To Claim Damages For A Criminal Injury In Hinckley
- More Examples Of Hinckley Accident And Injury Claims
- No Win No Fee Mis Sold Pension Compensation Claims
- Tenant Deposit Protection Compensation Claims
- Housing Disrepair Damages And Compensation Claims
- Contact Us To Begin A Compensation Claim
- Resources For Claimants In Hinckley
Hinckley Road Traffic Accident Compensation Claims
In 2018, the Department of Transport published a report that shows that the volume of road traffic accidents in the UK dropped by 6% between 2017 and 2018. However, despite this small drop, Road Traffic Accidents (RTA) are still the most common of all kinds of accidents in the UK each year. Victims of RTA’s that are injured through no fault of their own, could be able to claim traffic accident injury compensation. For example:
- A motorcyclist collides with a road sign that has fallen across the road, causing them to fall off of their motorcycle and fracture both legs.
- A passenger in a taxi suffers a minor case of whiplash, due to the taxi driver breaking harshly to avoid colliding with the vehicle in front, as they had not been paying due attention.
- A horse rider falls off their horse and suffers a traumatic head injury, due to a van overtaking the horse in a negligent manner, and not leaving enough room, spooking the horse.
These examples each who how a road user has been injured due to the actions of a third party in some way. In each case, if negligence can be proven, it could be possible for the injured party to claim compensation for the harm they have suffered. If you want to find out if you have a valid RTA claim, please speak to a member of our claims team today.
Making A Medical Negligence Compensation Claim
Were you aware that every medical professional that works for the National Health Service (NHS) and private healthcare practices in the UK, has a duty to never harm a patient unnecessarily? This is known as the “duty of care”, and if this duty is not met, then it could be deemed that medical negligence took place. Each case of negligence must fulfil these following three statements:
- The medical professional whose actions are being questioned, had a duty of care towards the patient who became the victim of negligence.
- The patient was physically or psychologically harmed by the actions of the medical professional.
- The harm could have been avoided had the medical professional taking alternative action.
This basic definition fits all forms of negligence. Medical negligence by a GP, a nurse, a surgeon, a dentist, and indeed, every single medical professional that practices any kind of medicine in the UK. If you need an experienced solicitor to process a medical negligence claim on your behalf, speak to our claims team. They can arrange for one of our panel of solicitors to help you.
When You Could Claim For An Accident At Work
In this section, we aim to answer the question, I had a work accident what to do? There are a number of bodies of legislation such as the Building Occupiers Act, and also all of the regulations set out by the Health and Safety Executive that are related to workplace safety. If your employer fails in their legal obligation to comply with all of these rules and regulations, and this indirectly or directly leads to you suffering harm, you could be able to make a claim. As examples of this:
- A learner forklift driver who is not being supervised runs over a warehouse worker and causes a traumatic head injury.
- A person who worked in a chemical plant some years ago, develops a work-related illness that was caused by exposure to a toxic chemical at the plant.
- An office worker is bullied by a demanding, aggressive boss, and develops work-related stress because of this.
Each of these example claims shows how an employee has been harmed due to negligence on the part of their employer in some way. It could have been possible that in each of these examples, a valid claim would exist. Talk to our claims team to discuss your circumstances in more detail.
No Win No Fee Accident On Holiday Compensation Claims
It only takes the slightest accident to result in an injury that can ruin a holiday. If your holiday is negatively affected by a holiday accident or illness that was not your fault, then you could be able to claim for the harm you have suffered. However, the process of claiming an accident on holiday compensation is driven by the circumstances of your holiday, thus:
- Under the Montreal Convention – if you are injured on a plane that is flying in international airspace, the claim would be made against the airline.
- On a package holiday – if you are travelling under a single priced package including flights, accommodation and extras such as food and excursions, the claim would be made against the UK based package tour operator.
- On a privately booked holiday – if you sourced accommodation, flights, etc. yourself, then the claim would be made against the individual travel operator that caused you harm.
As you can see, the holiday claims process is somewhat complex. Our team can advise you on the best way to proceed with your holiday accident claim. They will also tell you which of the three scenarios above applies in your own case.
How To Claim Damages For A Criminal Injury In Hinckley
In this section, we look at how to make a criminal injury claim. Criminal injuries are those which are sustained during a violent crime such as a mugging or assault. Sexual assault also fits into this category such as rape, etc.
The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) is in place to compensate the victims of these kinds of crimes. It is not always possible to bring a claim against the perpetrator of the crime. CICA acts as a surrogate for compensation claims in these cases.
More Examples Of Hinckley Accident And Injury Claims
There are many reasons why a personal injury solicitor may help a member of the public to make personal injury claims, not just those that we have covered in the previous sections. Any time a person is injured or becomes ill in a way that was not their fault, they may be able to make a claim. For example:
- While using the bathroom at a railways station, you slip on water that had been spilled on the floor, that had not been signposted as a hazard and you sprain your wrist.
- You have recently contracted a builder to supply your home with cavity wall installation. The builder did not do a sufficient job, causing mould and damp which resulted in you and your family contracting pneumonia.
Each of these examples shows how a person can be injured due to the negligent, erroneous acts of another. If you are unsure whether you have a valid claim or not, talk it over with your claims team today.
No Win No Fee Mis Sold Pension Compensation Claims
We can also help victims of financial mis selling to claim for the financial loss that they have suffered. For example, if you were urged to move a good workplace pension to a Self-Invested Pension Plan (SIPP), and the SIPP performed worse than the workplace pension would have, then you could be able to claim for mis sold pension compensation. The same is true for financial products such as Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) and pension annuities (either fixed-term or transferable).
Whenever you are sold a financial product in a way that does not comply with the rules and regulations set out by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) in 2006, you could have a basis for a claim. This means that the financial advisor must have dealt with you in an ethical fashion, and followed all of the rules related to the way they sell new financial products to customers. If you believe that you have lost out financially due to financial mis selling, please speak to a member of our claims team to find out how to proceed.
Tenant Deposit Protection Compensation Claims
When you deal with a private landlord or letting agent to arrange a tenancy, then the deposit that you pay at the start of the tenancy is covered by a number of regulations. Your deposit must be protected financially within 30 days of it being paid over. This is generally done by paying it into a deposit protection scheme (such as the one operated by the UK Government). This financial protection must continue for the entire time you are a tenant. If your landlord fails to do this, and subsequently loses your deposit due to financial mismanagement, you could be able to claim for tenant deposit protection compensation.
Additionally, your landlord cannot withhold your deposit either partially or completely, unless there is some legal reason to do so. Such as there being damage to the property, or you failed to fulfil all of the terms of your tenancy.
Housing Disrepair Damages And Compensation Claims
Claims for housing disrepair damages could be possible in some cases. As long as you have already followed the official procedure for making complaints about housing disrepair, and your landlord has still failed to fix the problems, resulting in you suffering unnecessarily your claim could be valid.
- Some kinds of disrepair such as mould or damp can cause an illness for a member of the household. Other kinds of disrepair such as faulty electrical wiring can cause a physical injury. If you or a member of your family come to harm due to housing disrepair, you could be able to make a claim.
- Some kinds of housing disrepair can be destructive. For example, leaking pipes or a leaking roof can lead to your possession being damaged. You may be able to claim for this kind of financial loss.
Contact Us To Begin A Compensation Claim
If you already think you need a solicitor to process a claim for you, or you still need some additional information to decide whether you have a valid claim, use the steps below to get the help you need.
Get In Touch With Us
Discuss Your Situation
Our claims team will go over your legal options with you, and also explain key information such as which compensation claims time limit is going to apply in your own case.
Manage Your Claim And Stay Up-To-Date
If you do have a valid claim, we can arrange for a No Win No Fee Solicitor from our panel to begin processing your claim on your behalf. As they are not based in the Hinckley area, they will make sure that you are kept up to date regularly, whether that be through email, over the telephone or via the post. To get updates on the status of your claim you just need to give us a quick call.
Resources For Claimants In Hinckley
Claimants in the Hinkley area may find this local contact information is useful, in relation to their claim.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Hinckley
Your solicitor will need you to go for a medical examination to enable them to value your claim accurately. You will need to do this even if you already used an online personal injury claims calculator to get a rough estimate. We have a panel of these doctors near Hinkley, including:
|Afshan Jahanzeb||Loughborough Chiropractic Clinic|
|3 The Coneries|
|Afshan Jahanzeb||Ramada Hotel Loughborough|
|22 High Street|
|Naeem Khan||Rosebery Medical Centre|
When you are ready to go for a medical examination, let our claims team know so they can organise it for you.
Hinckley And Bosworth Community Hospital
Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust
HQ Bridge Park Plaza
Bridge Park Road
Hinckley And Bosworth Borough Council
Written by MC.
Edited by CE.