Below, you are going to read a comprehensive online guide to using No Win No Fee solicitors covering Kingston upon Thames to handle a compensation claim for you. As long as you have an eligible reason to make a claim, and you are within the claims time limit that is applicable to your circumstances then is guide should be useful to you.
We can help with all kinds of accident and injury claims. This includes workplace accidents, holiday accidents, injuries caused by traffic accidents, clinical negligence claims, etc. We have only covered some of the common claims in this guide. You can call our claims team on 0800 073 8802 to get specific advice related to your own claim.
Am I Eligible For No Win No Fee Compensation?
Have you heard the term No Win No Fee before? Maybe you have seen it on TV, or on a billboard? You probably already have a rough idea of what it means. But do you know how to go about starting a claim with a No Win No Fee solicitor?
When a solicitor works on a claim for compensation under what is known as a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA), this lessens the financial risk that a claimant faces. As the solicitor has agreed that they won’t be paid unless a successful outcome is achieved. This means that the claimant doesn’t need to find the funds to pay the solicitor in advance. It also means that if the claim is unsuccessful, they won’t have lost out financially at all. As far as collecting a fee goes, at the initial stage of the claim, the solicitor will agree on a percentage of the overall compensation that could be taken as their fee. No matter how much compensation you receive, the solicitor will only take this percentage as their fee.
You won’t be charged to start a claim, and you won’t be charged while the claim is being processed. You also won’t be charged if the solicitor doesn’t manage to get you any compensation. If you would like more information about how a CFA can be a good option for you, please speak to our claims team on the telephone number at the bottom of this guide. You can also read a more detailed description and overview of CFA by clicking here.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim
- Claims For Traffic Accidents In Kingston upon Thames
- No Win No Fee Medical Negligence Claims Specialists
- Claim Compensation For An Accident At Work In The UK
- Holiday Accident And Injured Overseas Compensation Claims
- Kingston Assault And Civil Compensation Claims
- More Personal Injury Claims You Could Make
- Financial Service And Pension Mis Selling Claims
- Tenancy Deposit Dispute Examples
- Kingston upon Thames Housing Disrepair Damages Claims
- Talk To Us And Begin Your Claim
- Kingston Area Resources
Claims For Traffic Accidents In Kingston upon Thames
In the 2017/18 period, there were 25,511 serious injuries caused by Road Traffic Accidents (RTA’s) in the UK. There was a total of 160,597 injuries of all types. This information was taken from the 2017/18 annual report published by the Department of Transport. This shows just how common RTA’s are in the UK. If you are injured in a traffic accident in Kingston upon Thames that was the fault of a third party, you may have valid grounds to make a claim. As examples of this:
- A pedestrian ends up with a fractured hip after crossing the road at a zebra crossing and is hit by a driver who was speeding and failed to stop in time.
- A Kingston upon Thames road accident involving a van and a motorcycle, causes a severe traumatic head injury to the motorcyclist, when the van pulls out of a side road in front of them, failing to take due care in doing so.
- A passenger in the back seat of a taxi suffers a case of whiplash, when the taxi has to stop suddenly due to a road sign falling across the road in front of them.
These examples all show how the actions of one user, can result in harm to another. They also show how a third party such as the Highways Agency could be responsible for causing an accident. If you want to find out if your own RTA claim is valid, please speak to a member of our claims team today.
No Win No Fee Medical Negligence Claims Specialists
When we attend the hospital for emergency treatment, or as an inpatient, we expect to be taken care of properly. The same is true when we visit our GP because we are feeling under the weather or when we visit our dentist to have some dental work carried out. Unfortunately, mistakes are sometimes made, and patients are injured due to some form of clinical negligence, for example:
- A pharmacist makes a mistake while preparing a prescription for you, and gives you the wrong medication. You suffer and adverse reaction after taking this medication.
- A cosmetic surgeon makes a mistake and botches a breast enhancement procedure. The patient is left with permanent scars.
- A GP mistakes a case of meningitis in a young child for a less serious illness. Because of the delay, caused in receiving treatment, the child dies.
Claim Compensation For An Accident At Work In The UK
Here in the UK there is general legislation such as Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 . Your employer has to comply with every one of the regulations stipulated within the legislation that is applicable to their business, at all times. If you have an accident at work in the UK due to your employer failing in their health and safety responsibilities, you could be able to make a claim. As examples of this:
- A person working in a paint factory is provided with poorly maintained safety equipment. This results in breathing in toxic chemicals, causing an unnecessary injury to their lungs.
- A warehouse worker that is new to the job and has not received any training on how to lift safely, hurts their back moving heavy boxes.
Any time you are injured in an accident at work or become ill due to the actions/inactions of your employer and some form of negligence can be proven, a valid claim may exist. To have your workplace accident claim evaluated, speak to one of our claim advisors today.
Holiday Accident And Injured Overseas Compensation Claims
In some cases, we could be able to help people who are injured or become ill while on holiday, at the hands of a third party. If you are injured overseas compensation could be available for incidents such as:
- You fall from your hotel room balcony, breaking both legs, because the balcony safety rail was faulty.
- You suffer a nut allergy while eating in a restaurant on holiday, after being told by the serving staff that the dish you ordered had no nut content.
- While on a plane flight a member of the cabin crew runs into you with the hospitality trolley and this causes severe lacerations that results in scarring.
These examples show reasons why you may be eligible to claim, but who do you claim from? The situation is a little complex. On a package holiday, if you are injured by one of the travel providers included in the package (your hotel for example), then you would make a claim against the package tour company in the UK. If you organised your own trip from multiple sources, then you would claim against the travel provider that harmed you.
There are two other situations we should talk about here. What happens when you are on a plane or a ship that is outside of any national jurisdiction in international airspace/waters? What laws apply? How can you make a claim? The Montreal Convention (for planes) and the Athens Convention (for ships) provide legal frameworks for making such claims.
If you are unsure which of the scenarios we covered above applies to your own claim, please reach out to our claims team. Once they know a little more about your claim, they will tell you who you need to claim against and how.
Kingston Assault And Civil Compensation Claims
If you have been the victim of an assault a civil claim could be possible in cases where the claimant has no other way to get compensation. The same is true for all violent crimes (assault, mugging, violent robberies., etc.) and also sex crimes (rape, sexual assault, etc.).
The claimant will apply to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) for compensation. This is what CICA was set up to do. CICA acts as a vehicle to enable victims of criminal injury to receive damages for compensation.
More Personal Injury Claims You Could Make
Any time you are injured in an accident in Kingston upon Thames that wasn’t your fault, you could be eligible to make a claim. Above, we have covered some of the frequently seen kinds of claims that No Win No Fee solicitors will deal with. However, there are many more. As examples of this:
- You visit your local pub, and you slip on a drink that has been spilt on the floor, and fracture your wrist. The bar staff should have cleaned the drink up, or signposted it as a hazard.
- Your neighbour owns an aggressive, badly behaved dog. The dog escapes and gets into your garden, attacking one of your children, causing multiple lacerations to their face, which will leave permanent scarring.
- A chemical spillage from a lorry outside your home causes you to inhale toxic fumes and you become ill.
As you can see, the reasons for making a claim can vary widely. The takeaway here is that as long as a third party caused the accident in which you were harmed, then you could be in a position to make a claim. Call us and your situation to our claims team, we will let you know whether you have a valid basis to claim or not.
Financial Service And Pension Mis Selling Claims
We don’t only deal with illness, accident and injury claims. We can also help with some kinds of financial claims, such as pension mis selling claims. In 2006 the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) introduced new rules related to ethical sales of financial products. If you have bought a financial product and you have lost out financially, you could make a claim for mis selling if;
- You were sold a product based on some form of investment, such as a pension annuity, and the financial risks were not made clear to you.
- You purchased a product such as Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) without the financial advisor giving you the best advice based on your health history and lifestyle.
- You were recommended to set up a new Self-Invested Personal Pension (SIPP) and transfer your existing workplace pension into it.
These are all examples of financial mis selling, where the customer was sold a product that has eventually cause them monetary loss. To find out if you can make a claim for financial mis selling, speak to one of our claim advisors today.
Tenancy Deposit Dispute Examples
In most circumstances where a tenancy deposit dispute has resulted in legal proceedings, the landlord will have failed in their responsibilities to protect the tenant’s deposit and return it at the end of the tenancy. A landlord must protect the deposit money in some form of deposit protection scheme within a month of being given it, and for the entire time, the tenant is living in the property.
Once the tenancy ends, the landlord must return the deposit in full within 10 working days, unless there is some valid reason for them to withhold it. If your landlord has kept your deposit for no reason, our panel of solicitors may be able to help you. Call our claims team today to find out how.
Kingston upon Thames Housing Disrepair Damages Claims
In some cases, you could be able to claim against your landlord for damages as a result of housing disrepair that has led to undue injuries/illnesses or financial harm. The first step is to make a complaint about the disrepair, and allow your landlord adequate time to fix it.
If your landlord does not fix the repair within the legally specified timeframe and this leads to you suffering physically or financially then you could have the basis for a claim. If you talk over your problem with our claims team, they will let you know whether you should proceed with a claim.
Talk To Us And Begin Your Claim
Do you need more advice before making a claim? Or are you ready to move forward with a claim already? Either way, the steps below will get you the help you need.
Get In Touch With Us
Discuss Your Situation
A claims advisor from our team will answer any questions you have, and provide you with important information about the claims process.
Manage Your Claim And Stay Up-To-Date
Kingston Area Resources
The sections below give local information that could be of use to claimants in Kingston.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Kingston upon Thames
Your solicitor will need you to go for a medical examination so they can value your claim properly, much more accurately than a personal injury claims calculator can. We have a panel of independent doctors local to you:
|Sahir Shaikh||Twickenham Park Surgery|
|17 Rosslyn Road|
|Jeremy Harris||The Vineyard Surgery|
|35 The Vineyard|
If you need more information about going for a medical examination, speak to our claims team.
Kingston upon Thames
Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Kingston Upon Thames
The Royal Borough Of Kingston upon Thames
Kingston upon Thames
Written by MC.
Edited by CE.