On this page, you will read our comprehensive guide to using the services of No Win No Fee solicitors covering Kirkby to help you to make an accident or injury claim. We cover many of the common kinds of claims, including negligence claims, traffic accident claims, work-related injury claim, etc.
When it comes to using the services of a lawyer to make a claim for compensation, each claim has its own unique aspects. Therefore, this guide may not answer all of the questions that you have. If this is so, then our claims team is on hand to answer them for you. Just give them a call on 0800 073 8802 to get started.
No Win No Fee Compensation Claims Explained
Just what does it mean to use solicitors covering Kirkby Merseyside to have your claim processed under a No Win No Fee agreement? This kind of arrangement is formally known as a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA). Now let’s look at what those words mean:
- Conditional – meaning that no fee will be levied until the claim is over and you have successfully secured a compensation settlement.
- Fee – the cost of legal services, as a pre-arranged percentage of the overall final amount of compensation you receive. To be taken automatically from your settlement amount when your claim concludes.
- Agreement – a document that is signed between you and the solicitor, that ensures that you receive the legal services you need, without having to pay anything upfront, or in the event that your claim is unsuccessful.
If you are still unsure about exactly how a CFA works, our claims team will be more than happy to go over it with you if you give them a call on the telephone number at the end of this page. We have also published a more detailed guide to CFA that you can read by clicking here.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim
- No Win No Fee Claims For Car Accidents In Kirkby
- No Win No Fee Claims Against The NHS And Private Healthcare Services
- Claiming For An Injury At Work In Kirkby
- No Win No Fee Holiday Accident And Airline Claims
- Violent Crime Victim Compensation Claims
- More Personal Injury Compensation Claims
- Compensation For Victims Of Mis Sold Pensions And Annuities
- How To Claim A Tenancy Deposit Back And Compensation
- Housing Disrepair Compensation Claims
- Getting In Contact With No Win No Fee Expert
- Helpful Services For Your Area
No Win No Fee Claims For Car Accidents In Kirkby
Each year in the UK, the Department of Transport publishes an annual report, within which it details all of the pertinent facts related to Road Traffic Accidents (RTA) on UK roads. This report shows how common RTA’s are. Any road user, and this includes passengers in a vehicle, can attempt to make a claim if they were injured in a Kirkby road traffic accident that was not their fault, for example:
- A pedestrian hit when a driver failed to stop at a zebra crossing.
- A motorcyclist collides with a car that is pulling out of a side road. The driver of the care was not wearing their glasses and did not see the motorcyclist. The motorcyclist suffers a broken collar bone.
- A taxi driver is hit from behind whilst stopped at traffic lights, by a van being driven by a person that was texting on their phone at the time of the accident. The taxi driver suffers a severe case of whiplash.
In each of these examples, a) the victim suffered physical injuries and, b) a third party was responsible for causing the accident. In each case, it could have been possible for the injured party to pursue a compensation claim. If you believe you have a valid RTA claim, speak to our claims team today.
No Win No Fee Claims Against The NHS And Private Healthcare Services
It is possible to make No Win No Fee claims against NHS facilities and also private healthcare providers, when clinical negligence causes harm to a patient. Whenever any medical professional causes harm to a patient in a way that could have been avoided, it could be that negligence took place. For example:
- A surgeon begins operating in the wrong place, cutting a patient open unnecessarily.
- A dentist extracts the wrong, healthy tooth instead of a damaged one.
- A GP negligently misdiagnoses a serious medical condition, and the patient’s health suffers due to not receiving critical treatment.
If you are harmed by a medical professional that is caring for your health, then if you can prove that negligence took place, you could be able to claim for the harm you were caused. Our claims team can advise you further about negligence claims.
Claiming For An Injury At Work In Kirkby
In the UK, there is a whole host of legislation that is related to employers ensuring that their workforce is kept safe from harm at all times. Every employer is tasked with evaluating potential workplace hazards, and then reducing any that are found. This is part of the employer’s obligation to comply with the Health and Safety Executive regulations. A failure in this compliance can lead to workplace accidents and injuries such as:
- An accident in Kirkby at a garage, whereby a member of the workforce slips on oil that has been spilt on the garage floor, which should have been cleaned up or signposted as a hazard, spraining their ankle.
- An accident in a supermarket that was the result of stock being stacked too high, and boxes falling on to an employee, causing a head injury.
- A warehouse worker hurts their back when they are asked to move heavy boxes that they have not been trained to lift safely.
Any time that an employer allows a member of staff to come to harm, in a way that could have been avoided, then a valid claim may exist. Speak to one of our claim advisors to have your own workplace injury claim evaluated.
No Win No Fee Holiday Accident And Airline Claims
You could be able to make a claim if you have suffered injuries and illnesses on holiday, or you could be able to claim against an airline for a delayed or cancelled flight. The process of making a claim will differ depending upon how the holiday was booked, etc.
- A claim will be made against the travel provider (such as a hotel, bus company, etc.) if you are on a holiday you booked privately.
- A claim could be made against a UK travel vendor if you have injured yourself while utilising the services that are a part of your package holiday.
- A claim could be made against an airline under the Montreal Convention, for incidents that take place in international airspace.
It is vital to note that not all illnesses and injuries will lead to a compensation claim only those that are caused through negligence on the part of the party that owed you a duty of care. If you would like a member of our team to evaluate your claim and tell you which of the above will be relevant to your claim, please give them a call and discuss your circumstances.
Violent Crime Victim Compensation Claims
In this section, we are talking about both sexually driven crimes such as rape and sexual assault, and also violent crimes such as assault, and violent robberies such as a mugging, or a burglary which resulted in a person being assaulted in their home.
In the UK, a victim of a violent crime can claim criminal injury compensation, through the government approved scheme Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA). The process of doing this is a little different, and the time limit can vary, therefore we can provide you with a No Win No Fee solicitor from our panel who is experienced in making CICA claims.
More Personal Injury Compensation Claims
So far, in the sections above, we have only covered some of the more common kinds of claims that a No Win No Fee solicitor handles on a day to day basis. The simple truth is, that as long as you are within the claims time limit when you begin your compensation claim, you could be able to pursue damages for any harm you have suffered due to the negligent actions of a third party. For example:
- Your child is injured as a result of playing on faulty equipment at a local park.
- You slip due to a spillage in a building which had not been signed posted in a privately owned business and injure yourself.
As can be seen by these examples, there are many ways that an accident can happen, that are the responsibility of a third party. No matter how rare or unlikely the accident was, as long as a third party is to blame, you could have a valid personal injury claim.
Compensation For Victims Of Mis Sold Pensions And Annuities
So far, we have covered only accident, illness and injury claims. However, it can also be possible to claim for financial loss in some cases, when financial mis selling was the cause of the loss.
In the UK, when products such as pension annuities, Self-Invested Pension Plans (SIPP), and Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) are sold, there are struct rules and regulations that must be followed. This legislation was put in place in 2006, to ensure that financial products that pose some kind of financial risk are sold ethically.
If you are mis sold a financial product, for example, you were talked into moving your comprehensive workplace pension into a SIPP, you could be able to claim for any financial loss you have suffered. Speak to one of our claim advisors to learn more about this.
How To Claim A Tenancy Deposit Back And Compensation
In this section we look at how to claim a tenancy deposit back when it has not been handled correctly. As a tenant renting through a private landlord or a letting agency, you have certain rights that relate to your tenancy deposit. These include:
- If you are renting a whole property (and are not just a lodger or sub-tenant), your tenancy deposit must be protected by using some form of deposit protection scheme. The deposit must be left in the scheme until your tenancy is over, and then your deposit must be returned to you in full, within 10 days of your tenancy ending.
- If you are a lodger or a sub-tenant, or staying in HMO housing, your tenancy deposit must be protected in a fenced account for the entire time you are a tenant.
If any of these rules are broken by a landlord, and you are struggling to get your rental deposit back, we could be able to help you. Please speak to a member of our claims team to discuss your circumstances.
Housing Disrepair Compensation Claims
In this section, we look at how you could, in some circumstances, make a housing disrepair compensation claim. You must have first followed the proper process for reporting housing disrepair and lodging a complaint with your landlord. Your landlord must then make repairs within an acceptable timeframe once a complaint has been made. If they do not, then you could have a valid reason to make a claim for disrepair if:
- You or a family member suffered harm due to the disrepair – this could be a physical injury such as being electrocuted by faulty wiring, or it could be an illness such as a chest infection caused by damp.
- Your property is damaged due to the disrepair. For example, your TV is destroyed by water damage when a pipe leaks, or your bedding is ruined by water coming through a leaking roof.
If you would like to find out whether you have a valid housing disrepair claim, please speak to one of our claim advisors today. Explain what has happened and the actions you have taken to try and get the matter resolved. They will help you start a claim if you have just cause to do so.
Getting In Contact With No Win No Fee Expert
The steps below will help you to get the legal advice you need. This holds true for both people who already think they have a good reason to make a claim, and those that are simply after some extra information before making a decision.
Get In Touch With Us
Discuss Your Situation
A claim advisor will go over your claim with you, and tell you about all of the legal options you have. They will then offer you some free legal advice on how best to proceed once they know enough about your claim.
Manage Your Claim And Stay Up-To-Date
A no win no fee solicitor from our panel will start working on your claim for you. They will first value your claim, and then move on to processing it on your behalf. You can call them at any time to get updates on how your claim is progressing.
Helpful Services For Your Area
The following sections could be of specific use to claimants who live in the Kirkby area. They contain useful local contact information, etc.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Kirkby
Even if you have already used some kind of personal injury claims calculator to get a rough estimate of how much you could be able to claim, your solicitor is going to need to value it more accurately. In order to do this, your solicitor will require you to go for a medical examination to evaluate your injuries. We work with a panel of independent doctors local to the Kirkby area including;
|Sohaib Yasin||Liverpool Consulting Rooms|
|73-75 Rodney Street|
|Suzanne Fletcher||Physio Liverpool|
|480 Prescot Road|
Aintree University Hospital
Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Trust Headquarters, Executive Offices
Village Hall School Lane
Written by MC.
Edited by CE.