If you’re reading this guide, the chances are that you are looking for a no win no fee solicitor to help you claim compensation. No Win No Fee Expert have a panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Leighton Buzzard. They could help in a number of different scenarios including the mis-selling of financial products, hospital negligence and bypass accidents. We’ll cover each of these, and more, throughout the course of this guide.
Our specialist advisors offer free claims advice and a no-obligation assessment of your claim. If you are ready to discuss a claim right away, please call our team on 0800 073 8802 today.
If you’d rather find out about the types of claim you could make, please carry on reading.
How A No Win No Fee Claim Works
If you decide to begin a claim with a no win no fee solicitor, you’ll need to demonstrate to them that you have a strong case because, if they lose the case, you don’t have to pay their legal fees. Here are some criteria that could mean your eligible to make a claim:
- You’ve suffered a financial loss or injury;
- Because somebody was negligent;
- And that person owed you a duty of care.
Furthermore, you’ll need to be making your claim within the relevant time limit. The personal injury claims time limit is usually 3-years from the date of your accident. Other claims have varying time limits. We’ll explain these throughout the guide but please call if you are unsure.
If your solicitor takes on your claim, you’ll both sign a Conditional Fee Agreement. This is your contract and is important because it explicitly states that:
- There are no solicitor’s fees to pay unless you receive compensation.
- The level of success fee you will pay if the claim is won.
Success fees are deducted from the compensation before it’s sent on to you which is good because it means you don’t need to find the funds to pay the solicitor’s fees yourself. Also, because you know the success fee from the start of your claim, there are no surprises at the end of the claim which means the stress involved with claiming is reduced. By law, success fees can’t go any higher than 25% of your compensation.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim
- No Win No Fee Leighton Buzzard Road Accident Claims
- No Win No Fee Medical Malpractice Claims
- No Win No Fee Workplace Injury Compensation Claims
- No Win No Fee Holiday Injury Compensation Claims
- Leighton Buzzard Victim Of Crime Compensation Claims
- Examples Of Injury Claims
- Claim For The Mis Selling Of Financial Products
- Claiming Compensation For A Tenancy Deposit
- Claiming Compensation For A Rental Property In Disrepair
- How To Start A Compensation Claim
- Resources For Claimants In Leighton Buzzard
No Win No Fee Leighton Buzzard Road Accident Claims
If you were involved in a road traffic accident and were subsequently injured as a result you could have a claim for compensation. You can only be eligible to make a claim for the injuries that you have sustained if you are able to prove that a third party was responsible. There are a number of injuries that are common and could be caused by a Leighton Buzzard crash. These include:
- Neck and shoulder injuries, including whiplash.
- Head injuries.
- Broken bones or fractures.
- Ligament, tendon or soft tissue damage.
- Severe cuts, bruises, and lacerations.
- Back injuries.
Our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Leighton Buzzard could help you claim for any of those injuries. However, to improve your chances of claiming successfully, you should attempt to provide the solicitor with evidence to support your claim. This could include:
- Photographs of the scene of the accident.
- Witness details.
- Medical records following a visit to your GP or the local A&E.
- Dashcam footage where possible.
No Win No Fee Medical Malpractice Claims
Claims for medical negligence are possible against the NHS as well as private health companies. Also, claims can be made for negligence during cosmetic treatment as well as medical procedures.
To be eligible to make a claim, a medical professional needs to have injured you or made you ill because they performed substandard treatment. Some examples of medical negligence which could lead to a claim include:
- Care home negligence leading to injuries.
- Cosmetic, dental or medical surgical negligence causing avoidable injuries.
- Medication errors leading to suffering.
- Hospital super bugs causing illnesses like pneumonia.
- Anaesthetic errors causing pain during treatment.
- A misdiagnosis which means you’ve suffered due to a delay in receiving treatment.
No Win No Fee Workplace Injury Compensation Claims
When an employer breaches their duty of care under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, you could claim workplace injury compensation from them. That’s because they’re supposed to try and keep you safe while at work if possible.
This means performing risk assessments and making changes to reduce any hazards they identify by making the necessary changes. You might be able to claim if you were injured in a workplace accident caused by:
- An unsafe working environment i.e. electrical hazards, leaks or uneven flooring.
- Inadequate training.
- Poorly maintained machinery or equipment.
- A lack of personal protective equipment.
No Win No Fee Holiday Injury Compensation Claims
Accidents on holiday can really ruin your time away and still cause problems long after you’ve returned to the UK. Due to package holiday regulations, if you’re injured while using a service provided by a UK package holiday company, you could sue them for your suffering. You’ll usually have 3-years to do so.
However, if you booked the holiday independently, a claim could still be possible, but it’ll be made using local laws and might have a reduced time limit.
The types of holiday injury compensation claims include those for:
- Hotel accidents.
- Cruise ship or airplane accidents.
- Food poisoning.
- Hire car accidents.
- Hotel transfer accidents.
- Accidents while on an excursion or sporting activity.
Leighton Buzzard Victim Of Crime Compensation Claims
Our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Leighton Buzzard might be able to help you if you’ve been injured by a violent crime. They could help you make a claim using a scheme operated by the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA). They are a government department offering compensation for physical or psychological injuries caused by crime.
There is a 2-year time limit for claims which can sometimes be extended in extreme circumstances. Also, the crime has to have been reported to the police to be eligible for a CICA claim.
Examples Of Injury Claims
Finally, before we move on to other types of claims you could make, here are some other personal injury claims you could make:
- Claims for children’s injuries – A parent could represent their child in these cases. They can do so at any point before the child is 18. Any compensation that’s awarded goes into a trust fund managed by the courts.
- Slips, trips and falls – You might be able to claim compensation for a slip or fall caused by somebody else’s negligence. Examples of negligence include raised paving slabs, cables trailed across a walkway and spillages or leaks which haven’t been cleared up.
- Public place accidents – If an accident occurs in a shopping centre, train station, car park or other public place, you could sue the business or local authority if they caused the accident through negligence.
Claim For The Mis Selling Of Financial Products
When you lose out financially because a financial advisor is negligent, you might be able to claim compensation for your losses. That’s because the Financial Conduct Authority has rules surrounding the selling of some products like pensions, investments, mortgages, and annuities.
Some reasons that you might be able to claim for financial mis-selling include:
- If the advisor pressurised you into making a choice.
- Where you weren’t given a range of products to choose from (meaning you couldn’t make an informed decision).
- If the charges or fees weren’t explained.
- When the advisor didn’t tell you about the terms and conditions.
- If the advisor failed to find out about your health or lifestyle before recommending a product.
Our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Leighton Buzzard have the ability to help with claims for financial mis-selling. Time limits for these types of claim vary so please call to discuss whether you have a valid claim.
Claiming Compensation For A Tenancy Deposit
You could sue a landlord if they fail to follow the rules regarding Tenancy Deposit Schemes (TDS). These apply to private landlords, councils and housing associations alike.
Here are some of the rules which, if breached, could lead to a claim:
- Deposits must be placed into a TDS within 30 days of receipt.
- The landlord has to tell you, in writing and within 30 days, which scheme has been used.
- The deposit must not be withdrawn from the TDS before the tenancy ends.
Claiming Compensation For A Rental Property In Disrepair
There are times when a landlord has a duty of care or contractual obligation to ensure repairs are made so that their property is habitable. Failure to do so could lead to a housing disrepair claim if the fault causes you to become ill or injured. You could also claim if your own belongings become damage.
Some defects which could lead to a claim include:
- Mould and damp.
- Broken boilers.
- Leaks (roofs or pipes).
- Blocked drains.
- Structural defects.
- Electrical hazards.
How To Start A Compensation Claim
We hope you’re ready to start your claim today. If so, we can be contacted on 0800 073 8802 or we can call you if you complete our online enquiry form. For all claims, we’ll use the following process:
Get In Touch With Us
Give us a call and speak with a specialist to begin your claim.
Discuss Your Situation
We’ll take a look at your claim and the evidence you have to support it. As a result, we could introduce you to one of our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Leighton Buzzard.
Manage Your Claim And Stay Up To Date
Resources For Claimants In Leighton Buzzard
You’ll probably need to contact the police, a hospital or the local council during the course of a no win no fee case. Therefore, to save a little time, we’ve listed some contact details below.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Leighton Buzzard
In any personal injury claim, you’ll need to have a medical assessment by an independent doctor. Your solicitor can usually arrange this locally by using one of our panel of doctors around the UK. In the Leighton Buzzard area, you could see:
|Reheela Khand||Fairbourne Drive,
Milton Keynes, MK10 9RG.
|Mohammed Ahmad||Central Milton Keynes Medical Centre,
Bradwell Common Boulevard,
Milton Keynes, MK13 8RN.
|Afolake Oyinloye||Peachy Health Clinic,
Milton Keynes, MK9 2UB.
First of all, the doctor will assess you and ask some questions about your injuries. They’ll then write a report which will detail what injuries you sustained, how they affected you and if there will be any long-term issues caused by the injuries. Finally, the report will be sent to your personal injury solicitor who’ll use it to help calculate how much compensation you could be entitled to.
Stoke Mandeville Hospital
Should you need to contact the local hospital because you want to apply for medical records, here are their details:
Stoke Mandeville Hospital,
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust
Here are the details for the local NHS trust in Leighton Buzzard:
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust.
Amersham, HP7 0JD.
Leighton Linslade Town Council
If you need to contact the local authority because you need to report a problem or request information, you can use these details:
Leighton Linslade Town Council,
The White House,
Finally, if you need to contact the police during your claim, here are their details:
Bedfordshire Police Headquarters,
Bedfordshire, MK43 9AX.
Written by BT.
Edited by CE.