When you are injured in an accident or left financially worse off because of the action of someone else, then you may be surprised to know that taking legal action could be an option you could take. This could be the case even if you don’t want to make an initial payment to a lawyer to begin a claim. No win no fee solicitors covering Loughborough could take your claim on without you having to pay upfront to secure their services. If you’d like to know more about how a solicitor could do this, then this guide could help you.
We also give guidance on what sort of claims a personal injury solicitor, criminal injury solicitor or financial compensation solicitor working to this payment structure could assist with. We hope you find the below information useful, but should you need clarification on anything, do call 0800 073 8802 to speak to our team.
How Do You Make A No Win No Fee Claim?
Making a no win no fee claim with our panel of solicitors could be as easy as making one initial phone call to us. Once we’ve assessed your case to see if it could result in compensation, then we could offer you a solicitor from our panel to work on your claim. But how does this payment structure work?
Initially, after a consultation – usually over the phone – your chosen no win no fee solicitor would ask you to sign a ‘Conditional Fee Agreement’ (or CFA). This agreement gives details of what fees would be required and when your solicitor would expect these fees to be paid. One benefit of making claims with this payment structure is that your solicitor would not be expecting you to pay for their services upfront. Instead, in this agreement, a percentage amount would be detailed. This percentage would be the amount of compensation the lawyer would take from your eventual settlement. When your compensation settlement came through, this percentage would be deducted to pay the lawyer, and the rest would be for your benefit. Should you be worried about the solicitor being able to take the vast majority of your compensation settlement, it may put your mind at ease to know that there is a Government cap of 25% on the legal fees for personal injury claims.
One thing we should mention here would be that the solicitor in question may ask you to take out an insurance policy to protect against your claim not being successful. Details of such policies would be discussed between you and your no win no fee solicitor.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim
- No Win No Fee Claims For A Road Or Car Accident In Loughborough
- No Win No Fee Loughborough Clinical Negligence Claims
- No Win No Fee Claims For A Work Accident In Loughborough
- Compensation For Holiday Accidents, Injuries Or Flight Delays
- Making A Criminal Injury Victim Claim
- Compensation For Other Accidents In Loughborough
- No Win No Fee Mis Sold Financial Services Claims
- No Win No Fee Tenants Rental Deposit Compensation
- No Win No Fee Compensation For Disrepair In Housing
- Start A Loughborough Compensation Claim
- Loughborough Area Resources
While the figures for 2018 road casualties released by the government are lower than the previous year, 160 597 casualties were still recorded within this period. These could relate to a car accident in Loughborough, a motorbike accident, a cyclist accident, pedestrian accidents and more. If someone else caused a road traffic accident in Loughborough that you were involved in, and you were injured, then you might be able to make a claim for compensation with no win no fee solicitors covering Loughborough.
Does my injury have to be serious to make a claim?
While you may consider whiplash to be a minor injury, it could be considered one of the common claims made for road traffic accidents. It could, in some cases, be very painful, and in extreme cases could lead to longer-term health effects. Whether you have sustained what you feel might be a minor injury or have sustained more serious or even life-changing injuries, the principles of claiming compensation remain the same. If someone else was at fault for your accident, they could be held liable for your injuries and you could claim compensation.
But what happens if the liable party for an accident on a Loughborough road cannot be found? In these cases, claims could be lodged with the MIB, which was set up in order to help compensate victims of accidents where drivers were untraceable or uninsured.
Whether you have suffered negligence at Loughborough accident and emergency, within a dentist’s surgery, at your GP, in another hospital, In a care home or another clinical practice, it may be possible for you to claim for medical negligence. Healthcare staff have a duty of care towards their patients, and if they are negligent and cause harm to patients, it may be possible for those patients to claim compensation. You could make clinical negligence claims against the NHS, or against a private practice for Instances of negligence that could include:
- Dental negligence
- Care home negligence
- GP negligence
- Hospital negligence
- A and E negligence
- Midwife negligence
- And more…
Your solicitor would have to prove that if you had not suffered negligence, then you would not have suffered harm in the way that you did. This could involve proving:
- You would not have needed such invasive treatment for an illness if it had been diagnosed sooner
- You would not have had to have corrective surgery if negligence had not happened in an initial operation
- You would have recovered more thoroughly if a broken bone had been spotted and treated right away
- You would not have contracted a hospital infection if hygiene standards had been met
- And more…
Our panel could assist with many different types of clinical negligence claims. Call our expert team and we could connect you with a solicitor from our panel.
Whatever industry you work in, your employer is required by law to look after your health and safety. There are many ways in which they can do this. Some of them could include:
- Ensuring that regular risk assessments are completed and the findings are acted upon
- Ensuring that the proper equipment is provided for you to do your job safely
- Ensuring that you were trained on how to correctly and safely do your job
- Ensuring that all equipment provided was checked maintained and replaced when required
- Ensuring that the workplace was free of foreseeable risks
These are just a few examples of workplace injuries. The action that your employer should take would depend entirely on the job that you do and the workplace that you perform these tasks in. For example, risks on a construction site could be entirely different from those present in an office or showroom environment.
Claims could take one of two forms:
- You could claim for a work accident that occurred as a one-off event, causing injury. This could include being trapped in a machine, being burnt by chemicals, etc.
- The other type of claim could involve work-related conditions that have developed over a period of time because of your work. These could include conditions such as tendonitis, COPD, dermatitis, asbestosis and more.
Whatever type of claim you think you could have, why not see if our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Loughborough could help.
Did you know that a legal expert covering Loughborough could also assist if you were injured on a package holiday – even if it was abroad? According to the Package Travel Regulations, you could claim compensation under UK law if you booked with a UK tour operator a combination of 2 or more of the below:
- A tourist’s service such as tour guide, excursion
- Car rental
If you haven’t booked as a package, you may still be able to claim compensation, but other laws may have to be taken into account. For example, for some international flights, you may be claiming under the Montreal Convention. Accidents in hotels could, in some cases, be covered by foreign law, but you could still use the services of no win no fee solicitors handling Loughborough claims for these too.
So, what types of accidents on holiday could lead to a personal injury claim. Let us take a look.
- Flight accidents: These could involve drinks being spilt on you causing burns, luggage falling on you when the plane takes off if the lockers have not been secured, injuries from a broken airline chair, or trips on unsecured flooring in the aircraft, for example.
- Hotel accidents: These could involve food poisoning, swimming pool accidents, slips, falls and trips, elevator accidents and more.
- Airport accidents: These could involve being injured because of a faulty luggage trolley, because of an elevator malfunction, because you have tripped on a trip hazard and more.
- Transfer and excursion accidents: These could involve being in a coach accident, being injured on a broken seat and more.
Wherever you travelled on holiday, and whatever the injury or illness you sustained, why not look into whether you could make a personal injury claim with personal injury solicitors handling Loughborough claims.
Between the months of November 2018 and October 2019, 774 offences were reported to the police in Loughborough centre that were violent or sexual. A solicitor could help you if you are considering making a criminal injury claim to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA). But you may need to act quickly, as, for many cases, a 2-year limitation period from the date of the criminal incident exists. This is shorter than a lot of other claim types, which usually have a personal injury claims time limit of 3 years from the incident date. However, there are exceptions to these.
Sexual Abuse Limitation Period
For victims of sexual abuse where the abuse happened years ago, there could be an exception to the CICA claim time limit. This could be because you may not have reported the abuse because you could not process it until much later. In these cases, you could potentially claim much later than the 2-year limitation period. For advice and support on this, simply call our team.
Other personal injury claims not covered above that could be handled by a solicitor could include:
- Falls, slips, or trip injuries
- Public place injuries
- Faulty product injuries
- Allergic reactions
- Laser hair removal injuries
- And more..
Although we have not covered these in the sections above, you could still make a claim for compensation if you were injured and third part liability could be proven by a personal injury lawyer. If you’d like us to assess whether or not a no win no fee solicitor could help with your claim, then do not hesitate to get in touch.
If you were the victim of financial mis selling, you could have lost out financially. If no win no fee solicitors covering Loughborough could provide evidence that you were mis sold a product, then you could claim compensation. This is because the FCA stipulates that selling of this type of product should be done fairly and with transparency. If you:
- Had a product that was unsuitable sold to you
- Had pressure put on you to opt for a particular product
- Had not been told of fees associated with the product
- Had not been told of the risks of choosing a particular product
These are indications that you may have been mis sold. If you’re interested in knowing whether you could claim compensation, simply call our team for advice.
Protecting your tenancy deposit is something your landlord should be required to do, and they should also let you know where they have protected it; i.e. in what scheme. This protocol includes:
- Ensure that they are protecting your deposit in a government-approved scheme
- Ensure that they write to you in 30 days and tell you which scheme this is
- Return the deposit in full within 10 days of the tenancy ending, unless legitimate reason otherwise
If they fail to follow these requirements or your deposit is not returned to you at the agreed rate within 10 days of the agreement, then you could make a claim for compensation. The amount you could receive may be up to triple the initial deposit.
For more information, click here to read the Housing Ombudsman guide on landlord disputes.
Were you aware that you could claim compensation for disrepair in housing if it has caused you to suffer physical or financial harm? Using a no win no fee solicitor with housing disrepair law experience could mean the correct protocols are followed and you could have a strong case for compensation.
- Disrepair can include damage to your property such as:
- Faulty boilers
- Broken heating systems
- Broken windows/doors
- Leaking pipes
- Broken sanitaryware
- And more…
If you have reported this kind of disrepair to your letting agent or landlord and it has not been repaired, you could suffer injury, illness or financial loss. Examples could include:
- Being made ill by a faulty gas heating system (carbon monoxide poisoning etc)
- Being injured by broken windows, or because floorboards have collapsed
- Suffering financial loss because your possessions have been damaged by disrepair, or because your utility bills were higher because of the disrepair.
Whatever the harm you’ve suffered, if your landlord was at fault for not fixing disrepair, you could ask no win no fee solicitors covering Loughborough to help put together a claim on your behalf.
Ready to get started with a no win no fee claim? Here’s how to get in touch:
● Get In Touch With Us
Phone us on 0800 073 8802, or if you’d rather, use the live chat feature on the site or fill in the contact form.
● Discuss Your Situation
We could have a discussion with you about the specifics of your claim. That way, we’ll be able to give you tailored advice, and if appropriate, provide you with no win no fee solicitors covering Loughborough from our panel.
● Manage Your Claim And Stay Up-to-date
We aim to ensure you are informed of any update while your case is ongoing, and we’re here for you if you have any questions in the meantime.
Information for Loughborough claimants can be seen below.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Loughborough
Medical examinations are required in personal injury claim, as an independent assessment of your injuries and medical condition could be used to calculate the worth of your claim. Doctors that could conduct medical assessments in the area could include:
|Kapil Vashu||Kerla Ayurveda Centre, 212-216 Loughborough Road, LE4 5LG|
|Mohammed Safdar||Oliver Z Business, 4 Granby Place, LE1 1DF|
This hospital provides palliative care, rehabilitation services and end of life care.
off Epinal Way,
Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust
Community health, mental health and learning disability support is provided by this trust to Leicestershire residents.
Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust
Riverside House Bridge Park,
Bridge Park Rd,
Charnwood Borough Council
Charnwood Borough Council
Written by J.E.
Edited by H.E.