You probably already know that you can use the services of a No Win No Fee solicitor to help you to make a claim for compensation. But do you know how to go about starting a claim, or about the other ways a solicitor can help you while preparing for a claim? This online guide aims to inform you of how the claims process works, along with discussing different types of compensation that could be claimed.
Each claim has its own unique aspects, and you may find that this guide doesn’t cover your claim exactly. Don’t worry, we can still provide you with free legal advice and information. All you need to do, is speak to our claims team on 0800 073 8802. They will get you the answers that you need, and also explain how we could be able to provide you with one of our panel of No Win No Fee solicitors covering Macclesfield to process your claim for you.
What Does No Win No Fee Mean?
In this section, we are going to attempt to give a comprehensive answer to the question, what does No Win No Fee mean? First of all, the correct term for this kind of fee arrangement is a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA). When you and your solicitor sign a CFA, the solicitor is agreeing to the fee being conditional on a successful resolution to the claim being achieved. In reality, this means that:
- There will be no fee charged when the solicitor first starts working on your claim. While they are helping you to prepare for the claim, valuing it, and getting ready to process your claim for you.
- There will be no ongoing fees charged whilst the solicitor is processing your claim for you. This can, in some cases, take quite some time. No matter how long it takes, you don’t pay any fees.
- The fee is conditional on you receiving a compensation settlement. Therefore, if the claim is unsuccessful, the solicitor won’t charge you any fee at all.
- In the case of a successful claim, the solicitor will take their fee automatically from the compensation they receive for you. This fee will have been agreed with you before the solicitor began working on your claim.
It can be seen that using a No Win No Fee solicitor provides the claimant with a way to have their claim processed, without having to find the money to pay beforehand. If you would like to learn more about how a CFA works, and how it could be helpful in your own case, please speak to one of our claim advisors on the number at the end of this guide. You can also click here to read our full guide to the CFA claims process.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim
- Compensation For Road Accidents In Macclesfield
- Macclesfield No Win No Fee Medical Negligence Claims
- No Win No Fee Accident At Work Claims
- Holiday Injury Compensation Claims
- Criminal Injury Victim Compensation Claims
- Are There More Types Of Accident Claim?
- Financial Mis Selling Claims
- Tenancy Deposit No Win No Fee Claim
- Claim Compensation From A Landlord For Disrepair In Housing
- Start Your Compensation Claim
- Helpful Macclesfield Area Resources
Compensation For Road Accidents In Macclesfield
In 2018, there were 25,511 serious injuries reported to the police, that were the result of Road Traffic Accidents (RTA) in the UK. This is according to the 2018 annual report from the Department of Transport. Some of the most common kinds of injuries caused by RTA, and this would likely hold true for road accidents in Macclesfield, are:
- Whiplash (from minor to severe).
- Head injuries, from a minor concussion to traumatic head injuries.
- Soft tissue injuries such as strains and sprains.
- Cuts, lacerations, and potentially permanent scarring.
- Fractures (hairline, simple or compound).
As a driver injured in a car accident in Macclesfield, a pedestrian, a passenger injured in a bus accident, or any other kind of road user, if your injuries were the result of an accident caused by a third party, you could be able to make a claim. Some of the most common causes of accidents are:
- Faulty vehicles.
- Driver’s who have been distracted.
- Static road hazards.
- Dangerous driving (racing, speeding, etc.)
- Driving whilst under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
No matter the causes of the accident you were harmed in, if a third party is even partially to blame, we could be able to help you to make a claim. Speak to our claims team today, to find out how we can be of assistance with your RTA claim.
Macclesfield No Win No Fee Medical Negligence Claims
Every medical professional in the UK, is expected to provide their patients with safe treatment at all times. This is known as the “duty of care” and it is something that every medical professional, including your GP, dentist, etc. is obliged to maintain. When this duty of care is not met, causing unnecessary harm to a patient in a way that could have been avoided, clinical negligence solicitors could be able to help the patient make a claim. For example:
- Whilst attending the Macclesfield Accident and Emergency department to have an injury treated, you are prescribed pain medication that you have a recorded allergy to. This causes you to become ill.
- While you are undergoing a surgical procedure, the surgeon makes an error, and accidentally severs a major artery. Your blood pressure drops to a level that causes additional health problems, and leads to a long recuperation.
- Your optician makes a mistake when issuing you with a new prescription for lenses after an eye test. Due to wearing new glasses with the wrong lenses, you suffer headaches, vertigo and nausea.
Each of these examples shows a way that a medical professional has harmed a patient through clinical negligence. In cases such as these, we could be able to help you to make a claim for the harm you have suffered. Please speak to our claims team to learn more about how we can arrange for a No Win No Fee solicitor from our panel to process your negligence claim for you.
No Win No Fee Accident At Work Claims
In the UK, every employer is tasked with providing a safe working environment for their workforce. The employer is legally obliged to iteratively review potential workplace hazards, and take steps to mitigate any that are uncovered. This process is policed by the Health and Safety Executive, which regularly reviews the health and safety performance of every employer in the UK. When a company fails to meet safety requirements, and this leads to an employee being injured or becoming ill, then it could be possible for the injured party to make a claim for work injury compensation. For example:
- A factory worker is injured due to a piece of machinery or equipment being faulty.
- A warehouse worker hurts their back, while lifting a box because they were never trained how to lift safely.
- Due to being forced to work at a badly laid out, unergonomic workstation, an office worker develops a musculoskeletal disorder such as carpal tunnel syndrome.
In each example, the employee has come to harm due to either the direct actions of their employer, or through some form of oversight. In each case, if it could have been proven that the employer was the root cause of the injury, then a No Win No Fee accident at work claim may have been possible. To find out if you have a valid reason to make a workplace accident claim, please speak to our claims team today.
Holiday Injury Compensation Claims
In some cases, it could be possible to make a holiday injury compensation claim for harm you have suffered while overseas. There are several possible scenarios here, and these are:
- You are on a privately booked holiday and you are injured by negligence on the part of a travel provider. For example, you are electrocuted by a faulty light switch in your hotel room. In this case, your solicitor would process a claim against the overseas hotel operator.
- You are on a package holiday, that you booked through a travel firm that is based in the UK. If you are injured while taking advantage of one of the holiday features included in the package, your solicitor would process a claim against the UK travel company. For example, if you are injured in a road traffic accident involving the airport transfer bus that was included in the price of your holiday.
- You are injured on a plane flight, while the plane is outside of any national boundaries, in international airspace. Under the Montreal Convention, the airline would still be liable to pay compensation, even though the plan was outside of any local legal jurisdiction. Your solicitor would process a claim against the airline.
If you are unsure which scenario applies in your own case, please speak to one of our claim advisors, who will be able to assist you. They can also arrange for one of our panel of No Win No Fee solicitors covering Macclesfield to process your holiday claim for you.
Criminal Injury Victim Compensation Claims
When a member of the public in the UK is injured (physically or psychologically) by some form of violent or sexual crime, they may never know the identity of their attacker, if the criminal goes uncaught. Therefore, victims of crimes such as sexual or physical assault, rape, mugging, etc. will make a claim through the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA).
The process of making a CICA claim is, of course, a little different. However, we can help you with such a claim. We can arrange for one of our panel of solicitors who are familiar with the CICA claims process, to handle your claim for you.
Are There More Types Of Accident Claim?
Whenever you are the victim of an accident in Macclesfield, and you come to harm due to the actions of a third party, you may have a valid reason to make a claim for personal injury. In the sections above we covered some of the common types of claims, but there are many more reasons to claim, such as:
- You fall down the steps at your local library, because the local authority had failed to repair a faulty handrail, and you sprain your ankle.
- After eating at a breakfast buffet, you come down with food poisoning.
Here we can see a few more ways that a person can be harmed through the actions of a third party. In each of these cases, there could have been a valid cause to make a claim. Call our claims team today, and explain why you believe you may have a valid accident or injury claim, and they will let you know how to best proceed.
Financial Mis Selling Claims
Since 2006, there have been regulations in place that govern the way that financial products must be sold. If a financial advisor attempts to mislead you or pressure you into investing or buying a product and you lose out financially as a result then this could be classed as financial mis selling.
Examples of a mis-sold financial product could include the unethical selling of products such as a pension annuity, Payment Protection Insurance (PPI), and Self-Invested Pension Plans (SIPP). Such investments/purchases must be sold in an ethical and transparent fashion, with the financial advisor offering the best advice for the client at all times. If you have lost out financially due to the unethical way you were sold a financial product, we could be able to help you to claim for this loss.
Tenancy Deposit No Win No Fee Claim
There are a number of rules that pertain to your rights as a private tenant, and how your landlord or letting agency must manage your rental deposit. Your deposit must be protected financially (from within 30 days of it being given to the landlord and until the end of the tenancy). Your deposit must be returned to you in full when you move out of the rental property unless there is some legal reason (such as the fact you breached the terms of the tenancy) for the landlord to withhold it. If you have faced problems getting your tenancy deposit back, then it could be possible that we can help you claim for this. Speak to a claims advisor today to find out how.
Claim Compensation From A Landlord For Disrepair In Housing
In the UK, there is a clear legal process for making housing repair complaints. As long as you follow this complaints process, then you could be able to make a claim for housing disrepair if your landlord fails to fulfil their obligations related to rental property maintenance. Specifically, if you have had to live for an extended period with housing disrepair such as:
- Damp or mould.
- No hot water or heating.
- Damage to the structure of your rental property.
- A leaking roof.
- Leaky or broken pipes.
- Dangerous electrical wiring.
- A faulty gas, electricity or water supply.
If you suffer financial loss or physical harm due to housing disrepair not being fixed promptly, we could be able to help you to make a claim. Speak to one of our claim advisors to learn more about this.
Start Your Compensation Claim
Are you ready to start a No Win No Fee accident compensation claim? Or perhaps you need a little free legal advice before you are ready to proceed with a claim? You can follow the simple steps below to get the help you need.
Get In Touch With Us
Discuss Your Situation
Our team will go over your claim with you, and let you know what your legal options are. They will also provide key information, such as which personal injury claims time limit is going to apply.
Manage Your Claim And Stay Up-To-Date
Helpful Macclesfield Area Resources
The information below relates claimants in Macclesfield and provides useful local contact information, etc.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Macclesfield
We work with a panel of doctors based near Macclesfield who could perform your independent assessment. Some of who we have included below;
|Nigel Lord||250 Park Lane|
|Claire Lockett||250 Park Lane|
Macclesfield District General Hospital
East Cheshire NHS Foundation Trust
Macclesfield District General Hospital
Cheshire East Council
1EA, Market Place
Written by MC.
Edited by CE.