Have you been injured in an accident that wasn’t your fault? Maybe an accident at work or while on holiday? Or perhaps you have come to harm at the hands of a medical professional through negligence? No matter the reason you need to make a claim, this guide aims to educate you about the way that No Win No Fee solicitors covering Merthyr Tydfil can assist you by processing a claim on your behalf.
If you have questions you need answered, or simply want to go over the process of making a compensation claim with one of our claim advisors, give us a call on 0800 073 8802. They can provide the answers you need, and also explain how we can connect you to our panel of no win no fee solicitors who are not based in Merthyr Tydfil but can cover the area.
Are No Win No Fee Claims Different In Wales?
The term No Win No Fee means exactly the same thing in Wales as it does in England. It means that a solicitor has agreed to handle a claim under what is known as a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA). When you decide to use the services of No Win No Fee solicitors covering Merthyr Tydfil, you can be assured of the following:
- You won’t be charged any fee at the time the solicitor starts working on your claim. This includes the preparation stage, and the legal advice the solicitor might provide you.
- You will not be asked to pay any fees at all while the claim is being processed.
- If the claim is not successful, and the solicitor is not able to secure you a settlement, then you pay no fee at all.
- If the claim is successful, the solicitor will receive a compensation payment on your behalf. At this stage, the solicitor will deduct their fee from this. They will have pre-agreed a percentage of the claim value with you before starting your claim.
As you can see, when you sign an agreement (CFA) with a solicitor, you really don’t pay anything at all until the end of your claim process. This minimises the financial risk of making a claim in the first place. If you would like one of our claim advisors to go over the concept of a CFA in more detail with you, please use the number at the bottom of this guide to reach our claims team. You can also read a more detailed guide to CFA by clicking here.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim
- No Win No Fee Claims For A Road Traffic Accident In Merthyr Tydfil
- No Win No Fee Private Medical Service Or NHS Negligence Claims
- Claim Compensation For An Injury At Work
- Holiday Accident And Flight Delay No Win No Fee Claims
- Compensation As The Victim Of An Assault, Abuse Or Other Violent Crime
- Other Personal Injury Claims
- Mis Sold Pension Or Investment Claims
- Tenancy Deposit Compensation Claims
- Housing Disrepair Compensation Claims
- Get In Touch With No Win No Fee Expert
- Merthyr Tydfil Area Services Or Resources
No Win No Fee Claims For A Road Traffic Accident In Merthyr Tydfil
In 2018 there were a total of 160,597 injuries caused by Road Traffic Accidents (RTA’s) in the UK. When a person is injured in a road accident in Merthyr Tydfil, then they could be eligible to make a claim if the accident wasn’t their fault. For example:
- A car accident in Merthyr Tydfil is caused by a driver falling asleep at the wheel and crossing into the opposite lane. A cyclist is struck by the oncoming car and has severe head injuries.
- A passenger on a bus suffers a severe case of whiplash, when the bus has to stop quickly to avoid a van that has pulled out of a side road in front of the bus.
- A car driver is talking on their mobile phone and fails to spot that a pedestrian is using a zebra crossing to cross the road in front of them. The car hits the pedestrian who suffers a fractured pelvis.
Each of these examples clearly demonstrates how a road user can be injured by the actions of a third party in a way that would leave them eligible to make a claim. If you would like to have your own RTA claim evaluated, call our claims team and explain the circumstances of your road traffic accident in Merthyr Tydfil. They will let you know whether you have a valid claim or not.
No Win No Fee Private Medical Service Or NHS Negligence Claims
Victims of clinical negligence could be able to make a No Win No Fee NHS claim or a claim against a private healthcare company for the harm they have suffered. However, this is dependant upon the claimant being able to show that negligence actually took place. If this can’t be proven, a claim would not be possible. Some examples of potentially valid claims include:
- An inpatient on hospital ward catches an illness caused by a cross-infection, due to the cleanliness of the ward being subpar.
- A dentist slips with a drill and cracks a healthy tooth while they are filling a damaged one.
- A GP misdiagnoses a serious illness for a minor one, and this means that the real health problem goes untreated, and the patient’s health takes a turn for the worse.
In each of these scenarios, clearly a mistake of some kind has led to a patient suffering harm unnecessarily. The patient must have suffered harm in a way that could have been avoided had alternative action been taken. If you would like to find out whether your own medical negligence claim is valid, please speak to one of our claim advisors today.
Claim Compensation For An Injury At Work
In the UK, the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) is responsible for drafting and enforcing workplace safety regulations. Each company that employs staff must follow all of these regulations at all times. This is compulsory. If compliance fails and this leads to an employee being harmed in some way, then the injured party could be able to make a claim for an injury at work. As examples of this:
- A person who previously worked in a textile factory, contracts breathing problem later in life due to breathing in textile dust at work.
- An engineer using a CNC machine at work is injured when the machine malfunctions, cutting off two of the engineer’s fingers.
- A person working in an office is electrocuted when they use a faulty cable to plug in their laptop.
In each of these examples, some form of negligent act on the part of the employer has led to an employee suffering harm. We can evaluate your own workplace injury claim for you if you speak to a member of our claims team.
Holiday Accident And Flight Delay No Win No Fee Claims
When it comes to making holiday claims, it isn’t just illnesses and injuries a solicitor can help you to claim for. They can also assist you to claim for financial and other losses, a No Win No Fee cancelled flight claim for example. Here are some examples of potentially valid holiday claims:
- Your flight was cancelled at the last minute and no replacement was available until 24 hours later.
- You are scalded by a faulty electric kettle in your hotel room.
- A bag falls from the overhead luggage bin in a plane, hitting you on the head and causing a concussion.
Who you make the claim against depends on how our holiday was booked. If you are on a package holiday, the claim could be made against the UK travel firm. If you are on a holiday you booked directly with multiple travel vendors, the claim would be made against the individual travel provider responsible for causing you harm. If you are injured on a plane while it is flying in international airspace, the claim would be made against the airline under the Montreal Convention.
Compensation As The Victim Of An Assault, Abuse Or Other Violent Crime
In this section, we are talking about two categories of violent crimes. Firstly, physical harm such as that caused by an assault, mugging or some other valent robbery. Secondly, sexually driven crimes such as rape or sexual assault. In both cases, it could be possible to claim for both psychological damage and actual physical injuries.
In many cases, criminal injury solicitors covering Merthyr Tydfil will apply to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) for compensation on behalf of the claimant. CICA is operated by the UK Government, and it can act as a surrogate, taking the part of the defendant, to provide a claimant with a route to securing compensation when none other is available.
If you would like to know more about the process of making a CICA claim, please talk to a member of our claims team. They will discreetly go over your claim with you, and then offer you some free legal advice on how best to proceed.
Other Personal Injury Claims
We have given examples of some of the more frequently seen kinds of claims that a No Win No Fee solicitor may have to deal with. However, a personal injury lawyer can help claimants who have been injured in a very wide range of circumstances, for example:
- At your local swimming pool, you slip over as a result of excessive water being carried into the viewing area, and you sprain your wrist.
- After eating a meal at your local Indian restaurant, you come down with a stomach bug or a case of food poisoning due to unhygienic conditions in the restaurant kitchen allowing food to become contaminated.
Put simply, any time you are injured in any way, that was the fault of a third party, even if you were partially to blame yourself, you could have a valid basis for a claim. Speak to one of our claim advisors today to find our if you have a valid claim or not based on the circumstances of your accident or injuries.
Mis Sold Pension Or Investment Claims
A solicitor covering Merthyr Tydfil doesn’t only deal with accident and injury claims. They may also, in some cases, be able to help the victims of financial mis selling to recuperate some of their financial losses in the form of compensation.
When a financial advisor is selling products such as Payment Protection Insurance (PPI), Self-Invested Pension Plans (SIPP) and pension annuities, they must follow very stringent rules that are intended to ensure products are sold in an ethical manner.
When these rules are not followed, it can result in the client being sold a financial product that is not suitable for their needs. Ultimately, this could cause some level of financial loss. In cases such as these, where financial mis selling has taken place, we could be able to help the victim to make a claim for this loss.
Tenancy Deposit Compensation Claims
Every landlord in the UK has to follow specific rules related to the way that they handle tenancy deposits. Some of these rules include:
- Within 30 days of being handed the deposit the landlord must protect it financially. For assured lets, a deposit security scheme must be used. For lodgers and sub-tenants, a fenced account must be used.
- The deposit must be protected for the entire time that the tenant is living in the property, until they end their tenancy.
- The deposit must be returned in full by the landlord, within 10 working days of the tenancy ending.
If you have been trying to get your deposit back from your landlord to no avail, we could be able to help you. Explain what has happened to one of our claim advisors and they will tell you how to proceed with a tenancy deposit compensation claim.
Housing Disrepair Compensation Claims
There are two separate circumstances when you could be in a position to claim housing disrepair compensation. As long as you have followed the housing disrepair complaints process and your landlord has still not made the required repairs, you could claim if:
- You or somebody else living in the house suffers harm due to the disrepair. For example, a child becomes ill due to damp conditions, or somebody is electrocuted by faulty wiring.
- You have lost out financially due to damage to your property and belongings. For example, electrical equipment that was made wet by a burst pipe.
Get In Touch With No Win No Fee Expert
If you have read this guide, you may either be ready to proceed with a claim now or need some additional information. Either way, the steps below will ensure you get the help you need.
Get In Touch With Us
Discuss Your Situation
Our claims team will talk over the personal injury claims process with you, and when you are ready, can arrange for a solicitor from our panel to start working on your claim for you.
Manage Your Claim And Stay Up-To-Date
Merthyr Tydfil Area Services Or Resources
These sections below contain useful local information for Merthyr Tydfil residents and claimants.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Merthyr Tydfil
A solicitor needs to value your claim much more accurately than a personal injury claims calculator can. This involves your having a medical examination, we have a panel independent doctors local to Merthyr Tydfil, including:
|Gneeta Joshi||Step Forward Physiotherapy Clinic|
|136 High Street|
|Heena Singhal||Something Else's Clinic|
|56 Brecon Road|
|Julian Sweetman||Live Life Chiropractic Clinic|
|1 Bridge Street|
Prince Charles Hospital
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board (UHB)
Rhondda Cynon Taff
Merthyr Tydfil Borough Council
South Wales Police
Written by MC.
Edited by CE.