We firmly believe that if you’re made to suffer as the result of somebody else’s negligence then you should consider using a no win no fee solicitor to help claim compensation from them. Whether you’re considering housing disrepair claims, an injury on holiday claim or claiming compensation for a mis-sold pension, this guide will explain how no win no fee solicitors covering Oxfordshire could help you.
Our team of specialist advisors are able to guide you through the claims process and offer free legal advice. Furthermore, they offer a no obligation assessment of your claim. If you’re ready to begin right away, please call on 0800 073 8802 today.
However, if you’d like more information on what you could claim for, then please continue reading.
How You Could Claim Through A No Win No Fee Solicitor
Before looking at how no win no fee solicitor’s agreements work, it’s worth checking whether you’re eligible to claim or not. You could be if:
- Somebody who owed you a duty of care was negligent either in their actions or omissions;
- And their negligence caused you to suffer (financially, physically or psychologically).
Also, there are time limits for claiming which must be adhered to. The personal injury claims time limit is 3-years from the date of an accident. Criminal injury claims have a 2-year limit while package holidays also have 3-years. For other types of claims, please call us as the limits can vary depending on the circumstances.
Once the solicitor has established that your case is strong enough, you’ll be provided with a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA). This is your contract and is really important because clearly states that you don’t have to pay any solicitor’s fees unless you receive compensation. That is the crux of the no win no fee service.
When claims are won, and compensation is awarded, the CFA will explain what success fee you’ll pay. These cover the solicitor’s fees and are a percentage of your compensation (limited by law to 25%). Because the success fee is known right from the beginning of your claim, we believe that no win no fee agreements remove a lot of stress and financial risk that is involved with the claims process.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim
- No Win No Fee Claims For Road Accidents In Oxfordshire
- Oxfordshire Medical Negligence Compensation Claims
- No Win No Fee Oxfordshire Injury At Work Compensation Claims
- No Win No Fee Injury On Holiday Claims
- No Win No Fee Victim Of Assault Compensation Claims
- Other Oxfordshire Accident Or Injury Claims
- Claim Compensation For A Mis Sold Pension
- No Win No Fee Tenant’s Deposit Claims
- Oxfordshire Housing Disrepair Claims
- How You Could Start A No Win No Fee Claim
- Oxfordshire Area Resources
No Win No Fee Claims For Road Accidents In Oxfordshire
Any road accident, whether on the M40, A34 or in a cul-de-sac outside your home, could mean your eligible for compensation if it was caused by another road user. A personal injury solicitor could help you claim for any type of injury, including some that are common in traffic accidents including:
- Soft tissue damage.
- Fractured or broken bones.
- Head injuries.
- Neck injuries including whiplash.
- Severe cuts and bruises.
- Back injuries.
To help make your claim easier, if you’re involved in a car accident in Oxfordshire, you should try to gather some evidence. This could include:
- Names and contact details of any witnesses to the accident.
- Photographs of the scene of the accident.
- The other driver’s details.
- Dashcam footage.
- Attend your GP or local hospital to get treatment for your injuries.
Oxfordshire Medical Negligence Compensation Claims
If you need any type of medical treatment, you have to put your faith in the medical professional who treats you. In many cases, that faith is well founded. However, if they provide substandard treatment which causes you to become ill or injured, you may want to claim for medical negligence compensation against them.
Some examples of medical negligence include:
- Suffering caused because of a misdiagnosis.
- Negligent dental, cosmetic or medical treatment resulting in avoidable injuries.
- Pain caused because of anaesthetic errors.
- Suffering because of medication errors.
- Injuries to a mother or baby during childbirth which could’ve been avoided.
- Negligence in a care home leading to injuries such as pressure sores.
No Win No Fee Oxfordshire Injury At Work Compensation Claims
Our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Oxfordshire could help you claim injury at work compensation if an accident is caused by your employer’s negligence. That’s because, according to the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974), employers need to take steps to try and keep staff safe while at work where possible.
Things that employers could do to make the workplace safer include:
- Providing adequate training.
- Ensuring all equipment is maintained according to the manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Performing regular risk assessments.
- Providing personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Making sure staff are aware of the health and safety policy.
If you have been injured at work because one of the items in the list above didn’t happen, you might be entitled to claim compensation. Don’t worry though, due to employment laws, your employer can’t discipline you or treat you differently for claiming.
No Win No Fee Injury On Holiday Claims
When you’re on holiday abroad, an accident can cause all sorts of problems while you’re there and continue to do so when you return home to the UK. If you suffer an injury because of third party negligennce, then you could seek compensation from them using our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Oxfordshire.
The types of holiday compensation claim that are possible include:
- Food poisoning claims.
- Hotel accident claims.
- Hire car collision claims.
- Cruise ship claims.
- Airport or plane-based accident claims.
- Excursion or sporting activity injury claims.
No Win No Fee Victim Of Assault Compensation Claims
Did you know that, if you are the victim of a violent crime, you could seek compensation from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA)?
CICA is a government scheme and claims are not processed the same as personal injury claims. Importantly, the time limit for claiming is 2-years and all crimes have to have been reported to police.
Claims can be made for physical or psychological injuries caused by violent crimes and some financial losses linked to the injuries that you have sustained. If you would like to find out whether you could make a CICA compensation claim, please call an advisor from our claims team today.
Other Oxfordshire Accident Or Injury Claims
Before we move on to other types of claims our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Oxfordshire could help with, here are a few more personal injury claims:
- You could claim for an injury to your child at any point before they’re 18. You’ll represent them as a ‘litigation friend’ because they can’t represent themselves. Any compensation is managed by courts through a trust fund. After they turn 18, they have three years to make a claim themselves.
- If you suffer an injury in a public place, you could claim against the landowner or local authority if they caused the accident. Public places include shopping centres, car parks and public highways.
- Should you be injured by a slip, trip or fall, you could claim if somebody else was responsible. For instance, if you slipped because items of stock were littered across a shop floor, you could sue the owner for not clearing them up.
Claim Compensation For A Mis Sold Pension
When you buy certain financial products such as pensions, mortgages, investments or annuities, the advisor who sells them has to follow the rules of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). If they don’t and you lose money as a result, you may be able to claim against them.
Some of the FCA’s rules include:
- Making it clear if the product has ongoing fees or charges.
- Not pressuring the customer.
- Considering the customers’ health and lifestyle before recommending a product.
- Explaining important terms verbally and then providing a written copy.
- Giving the customer a range of products to choose from so that they can make an informed decision.
No Win No Fee Tenant’s Deposit Claims
You might be able to make a tenant deposit claim if your landlord breaches government rules on Tenancy Deposit Schemes (TDS). The main rules are:
- Paying any deposit into a TDS within 30 days of receiving it.
- Letting the tenant know, in writing, which scheme has been used.
- Not removing the funds before the tenancy ends.
Oxfordshire Housing Disrepair Claims
When you rent a property from a private landlord, council or housing association, they’ll have a duty of care (and a contractual obligation) to make repairs which keep the property habitable. Therefore, if they fail to repair a fault that they were aware of and you become injured or ill as a result, you could make a housing disrepair claim against them.
Some of the repairs that could result in a claim include:
- Defective hot water or heating systems.
- Blocked drains.
- Leaking pipes or roofs.
- Electrical hazards.
- Structural defects.
How You Could Start A No Win No Fee Claim
We hope you are now ready to begin your claim today. If so, we can be contacted on 0800 073 8802. If you’d rather we call you, please complete our online enquiry form. For all claims, we’ll use the following process:
Get In Touch With Us
To begin your claim, please call an advisor today.
Discuss Your Situation
We’ll look at your case, and your supporting evidence, to assess the chances of success. As a result, we could connect you with one of our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Oxfordshire.
Manage Your Claim And Stay Up To Date
Oxfordshire Area Resources
From previous experience, we think you’ll probably need to contact a hospital, the police or local authority during your no win no fee claim. Therefore, we’ve provided the details of the main agencies in Oxfordshire below.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Oxfordshire
During any personal injury claim, there is a requirement for you to have a medical assessment using an independent doctor. When your solicitor arranges for this to happen, they could use our panel of doctors located all over the UK so that you don’t have to travel too far. Here are some of the doctors covering Oxfordshire:
|Linda Joan Hands||Level 6,
John Radcliffe Hospital,
Oxford, OX3 9DU.
|Shams Tabraiz||Horse Fair,
Banbury, OX16 0AN.
|Richard Fotiadis||Exeter Hall,
Oxford, OX5 1AB
First of all, you’ll be assessed by the doctor and then you’ll be asked questions about your injuries. The questions are used to find out what injuries you suffered, how severe they were and finally, how they affected you. The doctor will then use the information to write a report for your personal injury lawyer. The report will help your solicitor to calculate the amount of compensation you’ll request.
Due to the importance of the medical report, a medical assessment must be performed for all personal injury claims.
John Radcliffe Hospital
If you need to contact the local hospital because you need to request medical records, then you can use the following details:
John Radcliffe Hospital,
Oxford, OX3 9DU.
Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Here are the details for the main NHS trust in the region:
Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
Level 3, John Radcliffe Hospital,
Oxford, OX3 9DU.
Oxfordshire County Council
If you need to contact the local authority because you need to request information from them, here are their details:
Oxfordshire County Council,
Oxford, OX1 1ND.
Thames Valley Police
If you need to get in touch with the local police force because you want to report an incident to them, here are the details to use:
Thames Valley Police Headquarters,
Written by BT.
Edited by CE.