We have created this guide for those who are looking for no win no fee solicitors to assist you in making a compensation claim. We believe that if you’ve been injured or suffered financial losses which were caused by somebody else, you could be entitled to compensation. Therefore, we’re going to explain what type of claim can be made by no win no fee solicitors covering Paignton.
While not based in Paignton, our panel of solicitors can handle claims in that area on a no win no fee basis. If you’d like to discuss your options right away, please call a specialist advisor on 0800 073 8802. They’ll assess your claim, for free.
Alternatively, to find out more about no win no fee claims, please continue reading.
Am I Eligible To Make A No Win No Fee Claim?
Many people like to claim using a no win no fee service because it will reduce the amount of financial risk involved with claiming. Before a solicitor will take on your case though, you’ll need to demonstrate that:
- You were made to suffer (either financially, psychologically or physically);
- Due to the negligence of a third party who owed you a duty of care;
You’ll also need to be within the time limit for claiming. The personal injury claims time limit is generally 3-years. Other claims have different time limits which we’ll cover, where possible in this guide. If you’re unsure though, please call so we can let you know the time limit that is applicable to your circumstances.
When using a no win no fee solicitor you’ll sign a conditional fee agreement (CFA), which will make it clear that you don’t pay anything up front and you don’t pay the solicitors legal fees should they lose the case. If they win the case, the CFA will explain that they’ll deduct a success fee (up to a maximum of 25%) from your compensation.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim
- No Win No Fee Paignton Car Accident And RTA Injury Claims
- Medical Negligence And Malpractice Claims
- Compensation For An Accident In The Workplace
- Compensation Claims For Package Holiday And Other Holiday Claims
- Sexual Abuse, Assault And Other Criminal Injury Claims
- Further Different Types Of Paignton Injury Claim
- Can I Claim For A Mis Sold Annuity, Pension Or Other Financial Service?
- Withheld Or Not Protected Tenancy Deposit Compensation Claims
- Paignton Housing Disrepair Property Damage And Personal Injury Claims
- Get In Contact Today
- Information For Claimants In Paignton
No Win No Fee Paignton Car Accident And RTA Injury Claims
A Paignton car accident claim might be possible if you’re involved in a road traffic accident (or RTA) caused by another road user’s negligent act. You could begin a claim if you were injured as pedestrian, cyclist, car driver, passenger or motorcyclist if the accident was caused by somebody else.
To help you make an RTA injury claim, we recommend that you gather as much evidence at the scene as possible. This includes photographs of what happened, dashcam or CCTV footage and witness details. You should also attend the local A&E or your GP to have any injuries assessed as your medical records could be used as evidence to support your claim.
The most common injuries in an RTA that could lead to a claim include:
- Concussion and head injuries.
- Back injuries.
- Broken or fractured bones.
- Sprains, strains and soft tissue damage.
- Neck injuries including whiplash.
Medical Negligence And Malpractice Claims
A medical negligence claim might be possible if you’ve become ill or suffered an injury because of the substandard treatment performed by a medical professional. This might be a GP, surgeon, nurse, midwife, dentist, anaesthetist, care home worker or paediatrician.
Claims are possible for negligence in medical and cosmetic procedures and could be bought against the NHS or a private healthcare company.
Some reasons where a medical negligence claim might be possible include:
- Suffering because your condition was misdiagnosed resulting in delayed treatment.
- Pain caused by anaesthetic mistakes.
- Dental, cosmetic or surgical negligence which resulted in physical injuries.
- Illnesses caused by hospital superbugs.
- Suffering caused because you were prescribed or given the wrong medication.
- Avoidable childbirth injuries to a baby or their mother.
- Suffering caused by care home negligence.
Compensation For An Accident In The Workplace
No win no fee solicitors handling personal injury claims are often able to help with injuries caused by workplace accidents if they were caused by employer negligence. This is because, under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, employers are duty-bound to try and ensure staff are as safe as possible while at work. This means a claim might be possible if an injury at work was caused by:
- An unsafe workplace.
- Faulty or damaged machinery.
- A lack of proper training.
- Missing or inadequate personal protective equipment.
Compensation Claims For Package Holiday And Other Holiday Claims
No win no fee solicitors covering Paignton could also help you make compensation claims for injuries or illnesses caused while you are abroad. If your injury was caused while using services provided as part of your package holiday, then you could have up to 3-years to claim. If you booked your holiday independently, or you were injured only a privately booked trip you could sue the person responsible, by using local laws, which might mean different time limits.
The types of holiday accident claim you might be able to make include:
- Injuries while on a flight or in an airport.
- Food poisoning claims.
- Accidents in hire cars or hotel transfer taxis or buses.
- Cruise ship accidents including while tendering.
- Swimming pool accidents.
- Hotel or restaurant accidents.
- Injuries caused while on an excursion or sporting activity.
It’s important following a holiday accident to report it to a holiday rep or to staff at the place where the accident occurred. You should also seek medical treatment and speak with your insurance provider first to ensure they will cover the costs.
Sexual Abuse, Assault And Other Criminal Injury Claims
One type of claim that no win no fee solicitors covering Paignton can help with, which is slightly different to normal personal injury claims, is compensation for criminal injuries that have been sustained as a result of a criminal act.
The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority or CICA as it is known allows victims of violent crime to seek compensation for psychological and physical injuries. The rules are different in that there’s a 2-year time limit, crimes must’ve been reported to the police and the compensation payment methods differ.
Further Different Types Of Paignton Injury Claim
As well as the personal injury claims we’ve discussed already, there are a few others which a personal injury lawyer could help you with. These include:
- Children’s injury claims. While a child can’t represent themselves legally, a parent or responsible adult is able to represent them at any point before their 18th birthday.
- Accidents in public places. These include shops, parks, footpaths, gyms and supermarkets. If you suffer an injury in a public place, caused by the local authority of business responsible for the place, you could sue them for compensation.
- Slips, trips and falls. In a similar way to public place accidents, if you suffer a slip, trip or fall that was caused somebody else, you might be able to claim compensation for your injuries. Slips and falls are the most common type of workplace accident according to the Health and Safety Executive.
Can I Claim For A Mis Sold Annuity, Pension Or Other Financial Service?
We’re often asked, “Can I claim for a mis-sold annuity, pension or investment?” and the answer could be yes if the advisor who sold it to you breached regulations set out by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and you lost out financially because of their advice.
The regulations apply to the selling of some financial products such as mortgages, pensions and investments. Under FCA rules, advisors need to:
- Tell you about all of the fees and charges associated with a product.
- Consider your health and lifestyle.
- Ensure you can make an informed decision by offering a range of products.
- Not put pressure on you in any way.
- Let you know the terms and conditions involved with a product.
Withheld Or Not Protected Tenancy Deposit Compensation Claims
In some cases, a tenancy deposit compensation claim might be the way to go if you’ve been unable to resolve a dispute with your landlord. Tenancy deposit schemes (TDS) were introduced by the government to help ensure landlords don’t unfairly retain all or some of a deposit.
You may be able to claim if:
- Your deposit wasn’t paid into a TDS within 30 days of you paying it.
- The landlord failed to inform you which TDS had been used in writing.
- If your deposit was removed from the TDS before the end of your tenancy.
Paignton Housing Disrepair Property Damage And Personal Injury Claims
You could use no win no fee solicitors covering Paignton to help you make housing disrepair claims if you’ve been injured or suffered financial losses because your landlord failed to repair defects they’re responsible for. Claims are possible against councils, housing associations or private landlords. The types of defects where you have been injured and result in you being eligible to make a claim could include:
- Damp and mould.
- Structural repairs.
- Electrical hazards.
- Leaks and blockages.
- Central heating or hot water issues.
Get In Contact Today
Get In Touch With Us
If you’re ready to begin a claim today, you can get in touch by calling 0800 073 8802. You could also arrange for us to call you back by filling in this online enquiry form. We’ll use the following process for all enquiries:
Discuss Your Situation
Then, we’ll assess your claim for free. If there’s a chance of compensation, we could refer you to one of our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Paignton.
Manage Your Claim And Stay Up To Date
Information For Claimants In Paignton
During any type of no win no fee claim, you might need to contact a few local agencies (hospitals, police etc.). Therefore, we’ve listed a few local to Paignton below.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Paignton
As part of your personal injury claim, to will need to attend a medical assessment with an independent doctor. The list below is a sample of our panel of doctors local to the Paignton area:
|Simon Wearne||Essential Chiropractic,
Torquay, TQ1 4BE.
|Laura Sanchez Pallares||Cockington Lane,
Torquay, TQ2 6XE.
|Steven Nimmo||Horn Lane,
Plymouth, PL9 9BR.
The doctor will ask a number of questions and examine you before providing a report for your personal injury solicitor. This is an important document because it will show what injuries you sustained, how you were affected at the time and if you’ll suffer any effects in the future.
Your solicitor will then use this report as a basis for your compensation claim.
Paignton Health and Wellbeing Centre
Here are the details for the local hospital serving Paignton:
Paignton Health and Wellbeing Centre (Paignton Hospital Site),
Paignton, TQ3 3AG.
Torbay And South Devon NHS Foundation Trust
If you need information from the NHS Trust covering Paignton because you need medical records, here are their details.
Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust.
Torquay, TQ2 7AA.
Should you need to get in touch with the local authority, you can use the details below.
Torquay, TQ1 3DR.
Devon And Cornwall Police
If you need to contact the local police in Paignton, here is their headquarters address.
Devon and Cornwall Police Headquarters,
Devon, EX2 7HQ.
Written by BT.
Edited by CE.