Ramsgate No Win No Fee Solicitors – Compensation Claims Compare And Review Guide

No Win No Fee Solicitors Ramsgate

No Win No Fee Solicitors Ramsgate

In cases where you’re caused to suffer because of somebody else’s negligence, it’s possible you could use a no win no fee solicitor to help make a compensation claim. We’re not just talking about a personal injury claim, it’s possible that no win no fee solicitors covering Ramsgate could help you claim for disrepair claims by tenants, financial advisor mis-selling claims or claiming compensation after an assault. We’ll aim to provide a lot of examples of the types of claim that are possible throughout this guide.

Our panel of no win no fee solicitors are not based in Ramsgate but can cover the area and offer a no win no fee service when they do so. Our team of advisors also offer a free initial consultation and advice about no win no fee claims. To speak to a member of our team today, please call 0800 073 8802.

If you’d prefer to find out more before calling, please continue reading our handy guide.

Could I Claim Through A No Win No Fee Solicitor?

When a no win no fee solicitor takes on a case, they’re taking a risk because if they fail to win compensation for their client, their fees won’t be paid. Therefore, they’ll usually want you to demonstrate that you’ve been made to suffer because somebody who owed you a duty of care was negligent before they’ll take on your claim.

When you and the solicitor are both happy, you’ll each sign the Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA). This is the contract which confirms that you only have to pay the solicitors fees if they win you compensation. When they do, a “success fee” will be deducted from your compensation to cover the solicitor’s fees. The success fee will be detailed in the CFA and is limited to 25% of any compensation.

As well as checking you’ve got a strong case, the solicitor will need to check whether you’re within the relevant time limit. These vary for different types of claim. As an example, the personal injury claims time limit is generally 3-years from the date of your accident or when a doctor tells you about your injuries.

We’ll try to cover time limits for different claims during this guide. If you’re unsure though, please call a member of our team to check which time limit applies in your case.

Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim

Compensation For Car And Traffic Accidents In Ramsgate

When you’re involved in a Ramsgate road traffic accident you could be entitled to use a personal injury solicitor to claim compensation for any injuries if the accident was caused by the negligence of another road user. The solicitor could help with claims for any accident in Ramsgate including a car accident in, a motorbike accident, a pedestrian accident or even an accident as a passenger in public transport.

There are some common injuries you could include in any road traffic accident claim including:

  • Back injuries.
  • Bruising, sprains, strains and soft tissue damage.
  • Head injuries.
  • Broken bones.
  • Neck injuries including whiplash.

If you do suffer because of a car accident in Ramsgate we’d recommend acting quickly to secure evidence to support an eventual claim. You could:

  • Video or photograph the scene of the accident before anything is moved.
  • Ask the other driver for their details.
  • Attend Ramsgate accident and emergency or your GP for medical treatment.
  • Ask witnesses for their details.
  • See if there is dashcam footage to support your claim.

Cases Of Ramsgate Medical Negligence

Our panel of medical negligence solicitors covering Kent could help you claim compensation if a medical professional treated you in a substandard way and caused you to become ill or injured. If you signed a waiver or consent form, don’t worry, you could still make a claim if you suffered due to negligence.

The types of medical negligence that could lead to a claim include:

  • Pain and suffering caused by a delay in receiving cancer treatment due to misdiagnosis.
  • Injuries to a mother or baby during childbirth that were avoidable.
  • Illnesses caused by hospital superbugs.
  • Injuries caused by surgical negligence.
  • Anaesthetic errors that left you in pain during treatment.
  • Medication errors which caused side effects or illness.

It’s possible for a claim to be made against a private healthcare provider as well as the NHS. Claims don’t just cover negligent medical treatment either, they could also be possible where you’ve suffered because of negligent cosmetic procedures.

I Got Injured At Work In Ramsgate, Could I Make A No Win No Fee Claim?

Some employees worry about making claims for injuries sustained at work but, if the accident was caused by your employer’s negligence, you’d be well within your rights to do so. Furthermore, your employer would be breaking the law if they tried to stop you claiming or disciplined you or sacked you for doing so. This means you shouldn’t be put off from making a claim.

You might be entitled to compensation if an accident at work in which you were injured was caused by:

  • Inadequate training.
  • An unsafe working environment.
  • Broken, faulty or unmaintained equipment.
  • A lack of protective safety equipment.

For more information regarding accidents at work please read here. We also advise that you give us a call. We could go through your circumstances with you and advise you of your options.

Accident On Holiday No Win No Fee Compensation Claims

It’s possible to use our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Ramsgate to help you claim for injuries sustained while on holiday. In the same way as UK personal injury claims, you’ll need to show that the accident which resulted in your avoidable injuries were caused by the negligence of somebody else. If you can do so, no win no fee holiday accident claims could be possible.

You could make claims for:

  • Hotel accidents.
  • Airport accidents.
  • Food poisoning.
  • Cruise ship accidents.
  • Hire car collisions.
  • Accidents while participating in excursions or sporting activities.

If your accident occurred with utilising an element of your package holiday, then you’ll usually have 3-years to make your claim. With holidays/excursions that you’ve booked independently, the time limit will be determined by local legislation. Please call to check how long you have to make your claim.

Claims Through The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority

Claims for criminal injuries can be made through the government’s Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) scheme.

CICA claims can be made for injuries sustained during violent crimes and can include financial losses (such as lost earnings) that are linked to and as a result of your injuries.

There is 2-year time limit for CICA claims, but this can be waived in extreme or historic cases. You also need to have informed police about the crime to be eligible to make a claim.

If you’d like to discuss making a CICA claim, call an advisor today to discuss your circumstances in detail.

More Ramsgate Accident And Injury Claims

We’re about to cover some other types of claim that our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Ramsgate could help with. Before we do, here are few more personal injury claims that are possible:

  • Slip, trip or fall claims.
  • Personal injury claims for accidents involving children.
  • Accidents in public places that have resulted in avoidable injuries.

You could claim for injuries in any of the above cases if they were caused by negligence. For claims involving children, an adult can represent them up until their 18th birthday. If a claim has not been made by then, the victim who is no longer a child has 3-years to make their own claim.

Financial Advisor Mis-Selling Compensation Claims

When you purchase a financial product following the advice of a financial advisor, you are protected by rules set out by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). If you’ve lost money as a result of purchasing products such as pensions, investments, annuities or mortgages due to negligent advice you could claim compensation if:

  • Your adviser failed to provide a range of products to choose from.
  • The fees, charges or terms of the product weren’t explained.
  • Pressure was put on you to choose a particular product.
  • Your lifestyle or health history weren’t considered.
  • The advisor recommended moving money out of a workplace pension.

If you believe you’re the victim of financial mis-selling which has caused you to lose out financially, get in touch to see if you could be entitled to make a claim.

Unreturned Or Unprotected Tenancy Deposit Claims

When the government introduce Tenancy Deposit Schemes (TDS), they did so to help ensure tenants got their deposits back at the end of their lease if there wasn’t a valid reason for it to be retained.

The rules surrounding deposit schemes mean:

  • Your deposit should be placed in a TDS within 30 days of you paying it.
  • The landlord, or their agent, should tell you which scheme they’ve used.
  • The deposit should remain in the TDS until the tenancy agreement ends.

If any of the above hasn’t happened, you could be able to make a tenancy deposit compensation claim.

Disrepair Claims By Tenants

A solicitor covering Ramsgate, Kent could help you if you’ve been injured or made ill because of a fault or defect in your rented property. Private landlords, housing associations and local councils all have a duty of care to fix some faults to ensure the property is habitable.

If they fail to fix a fault which you informed them of, you could be eligible to seek housing disrepair compensation if you have been injured or lost out financially.

The types of fault that could be considered in a claim include:

  • Structural damage.
  • Electrical or fire hazards.
  • Damp or mould.
  • Broken heating or hot water supplies.
  • Leaking roofs or pipes.
  • Blocked drains.

Start An Accident Or Compensation Claim

If you would like to get in touch to begin a claim today, please call us on 0800 073 8802 or let us call you back by filling in this form. For all claims, we’ll use the process below:

Get In Touch With Us

First of all, you need to call and speak with an adviser to begin the process.

Discuss Your Situation

Then we’ll assess your claim for free. At this point, if we believe your case is strong enough, we could introduce you to one of our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Ramsgate.

Manage Your Claim And Stay Up To Date

If the solicitor agrees and takes on your case, they’ll provide regular updates for you as the claim advances.

Helpful Information And Resources

In our experience, when you make a no win no fee claim, you’ll need to contact one or two local agencies to request information. We’ve provided details of some of the common services below.

Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Ramsgate

When no win no fee personal injury claims are made, a key piece of information that your personal injury lawyer will use to work out how much compensation you’re entitled to is a medical report following an assessment from an independent doctor. We know you probably won’t want to travel far for a medical assessment, so we try to ensure you use one of our panel of doctors that’s nearby. Here is a sample of the doctors covering Ramsgate:

Soran SaeedUpper Bridge Street,
Canterbury, CT1 2NF.
Salman BaigHope Spinal Wellness,
St Stephen's Road,
Canterbury, CT2 7JL.
Jessica SpauldingUpper Harbledown,
Canterbury, CT2 9HX.

The appointment will consist of an assessment and a number of questions about your injuries. The doctor will try to determine how severe your injuries were, how they affected you and if you might be affected going forward. They’ll then use that information to provide a report for your solicitor.

Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital

If you need to contact the main hospital serving Ramsgate for medical records or other information, we’ve provided their details here.

Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital,
St Peters Road,
Kent, CT9 4AN.
Web: www.ekhuft.nhs.uk/patients-and-visitors/queen-elizabeth-the-queen-mother-hospital/

East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust

Here are the details for the main NHS trust that manages medical services in Ramsgate.

East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust.
Trust Headquarters,
Ethelbert Road,
Canterbury, CT1 3NG.

Ramsgate Town Council

If you should need to contact the local council which provides services in Ramsgate, you can use the following details.

Ramsgate Town Council
The Custom House,
Harbour Parade,
Ramsgate, CT11 8LP.

Kent Police

Here are the details for the local police headquarters in case you need to contact them for information.

Kent Police Headquarters
Sutton Road,
Kent, ME15 9BZ.

Written by BT.

Edited by CE.