Southwark No Win No Fee Solicitors – Compensation Claims Compare And Review Guide

No Win No Fee Solicitors Southwark

No Win No Fee Solicitors Southwark

There are times in life when somebody else’s negligence causes you to suffer. On these occasions, you have the choice to use a no win no fee solicitor to help you claim compensation for your suffering. In this guide we’re going to cover many different scenarios which could lead to a no win no fee claim including financial mis-selling claims, accident at work claims and medical negligence cases. More specifically, we’re going to explain how no win no fee solicitors covering Southwark could help you claim.

Here at No Win No Fee Expert, we have a friendly team of advisors who offer no obligation and free advice about claiming. If you’d like a free assessment of your claim today, please call us on 0800 073 8802.

If you’d like to know more about what types of claim are possible before calling us, then please continue reading.

How Will My No Win No Fee Claim Work?

You might have heard of no win no fee solicitors, but do you know how they work? Well, first of all, they’ll assess your claim to see if you have a chance of winning compensation. They’ll usually ask you to demonstrate that:

  • You suffered financially, physically or psychologically;
  • Because somebody else was negligent;
  • And that person owed you a duty of care.

If they agree to take on your claim, they’ll provide you with a Conditional Fee Agreement (or CFA). This is a signed contract between both parties. Importantly, it explains that you only have to pay the solicitor’s fees if you receive compensation.

The solicitors fees are covered by a ‘success fee’ clause in the CFA. This is a fixed percentage (up to a maximum of 25%) of your compensation which is deducted before the remaining amount is sent to you.

As well as checking you have a valid claim, the solicitor will look at whether your claim is being made within the relevant time limit. These vary depending on the type of claim. For example:

  • The personal injury claims time limit is generally 3-years.
  • Criminal injury claims are generally 2-year time limits.
  • Package holiday claims generally have 3-years.

For other claims, like financial claims, the time limit can vary. Please call to check if you have time to make a claim.

Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim

No Win No Fee Southwark Car Or Traffic Accident Claims

A fairly common reasons for using a no win no fee solicitor is because you’ve been injured in a road traffic accident. If the accident was caused by another driver or road user, you could be entitled to compensation.

Some common injuries caused in a Southwark car accident include:

  • Severe cuts and bruises.
  • Head injuries including concussion.
  • Neck injuries including whiplash.
  • Back injuries.
  • Ligament or tendon damage.
  • Broken bones or fractures.

To help you claim for any injury sustained in a road accident, you’ll need to provide some evidence to show who was at fault. This is easier to do at the time of the accident. Therefore, we’d recommend that you:

  • Take photographs of the accident scene before vehicles leave.
  • Visit a GP or hospital for treatment. Medical records can be used as evidence of your injuries.
  • Ask witnesses for their details.
  • See if there is any dashcam footage to support your claim.
  • Swap details with the other driver involved in the crash.

Taking the time to gather the evidence early can make a big difference to your chance of successfully claiming compensation.

No Win No Fee Claims For Medical Negligence Or Malpractice

You could use a personal injury lawyer to help you make a claim if you’ve suffered in any way following substandard treatment by a medical professional. It’s possible to make a claim for negligence during cosmetic or medical treatment and against the NHS or a private healthcare provider.

Some examples of medical negligence which could lead to a claim include:

  • Suffering caused by a misdiagnosis which results in delayed treatment.
  • Pain caused during treatment due to an anaesthetic mistake.
  • Avoidable injuries during childbirth for the mother, baby or both.
  • Pneumonia, sepsis or other conditions caused by hospital super bugs.
  • Avoidable injuries caused by negligent surgery.
  • Errors with medication which cause suffering.

If you’d like to find out whether you have a valid claim for medical negligence, why not call an advisor for a free assessment today?

No Win No Fee Work Injury Claims

Some people worry about making a work injury claim and the repercussions of doing so. However, if your employer caused your accident because they were negligent in some way, you’re well within your rights to make a claim.

Furthermore, employers can’t treat you differently, sack you or discipline you if you’re making an honest claim. If they do, you could consider an unfair dismissal claim against them. Our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Southwark could help you in either case.

No Win No Fee Holiday Compensation Claims

Our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Southwark could help you claim if you’re injured while on holiday and the accident was caused by a third party. If you were injured while using a service provided by a package holiday provider, you could claim against the holiday company.

Alternatively, if the accident was caused by somebody outside of the holiday company’s control (or you booked your holiday independently), a claim could be made against the responsible party. Package holiday claims generally have a 3-year time limit while the time limit for other types of holiday compensation claims will depend on which country the accident happened in.

Can I Claim Criminal Injuries Compensation?

We are often asked, “Can I claim criminal injuries compensation?”. The answer is ‘yes’ but usually, the claim won’t be against the criminal. Instead, your claim will be made through the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority’s (CICA) scheme.

CICA allow claims for physical and psychological injuries caused by violent crimes. The scheme has its own rules regarding eligibility and compensation payments are different from other types of claim (especially if you claim for multiple injuries).

The crime has to have been reported to the police and there is a 2-year time limit for claiming. The time limit might be waived or extended in certain cases. If you’d like to discuss making a CICA claim with one of our experts, please call the number at the top of the screen.

Other No Win No Fee Injury Claims

Here, briefly, are some more personal injury claims you could make:

  • Claims for a slip, trip or fall are fairly common. You might be entitled to compensation if your accident was caused by cables trailed across a walkway, uneven flooring or missing kerb stones.
  • If your child is injured, then they can’t represent themselves in legal matters, but you could up until they’re 18. If you don’t, they can make their own claim within 3 years from the date of their 18th birthday.
  • Accidents in public places could lead to a claim against a local authority or business responsible for the area. Public places include shopping centres, parks and car parks. Claims could be possible if the accident happened because of some form of negligence.

If you’d like further advice on any of these claims, please call today.

What Is The Average Compensation For A Mis Sold Pension?

Did you know that when you buy a financial product like a mortgage, pension, investment or annuity, the advisor has to follow rules set out by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)?

If the advisor breaches the rules which causes you to lose out financially, you could make a claim against them. Here are some scenarios which could mean you were mis-sold and could make a claim:

  • Where pressure was put on you to choose a product.
  • If the advisor didn’t discuss your lifestyle and health before recommending a product.
  • When the advisor didn’t give you more than one or two products to choose from.
  • If you were advised to move money out of a workplace pension.
  • If the ongoing fees, charges or the terms and conditions weren’t properly explained to you.

Claim Compensation If A Landlord Has Not Protected Your Deposit?

Our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Southwark could help you if your landlord has not protected your deposit in line with regulations. The government introduced Tenancy Deposit Schemes (TDS) to try and help ensure landlords can’t keep hold of deposits unfairly.

Therefore, you might be able to claim if:

  • Your landlord didn’t pay your deposit into a TDS within 30 days.
  • They didn’t tell you which scheme they’d used.
  • Or they withdrew the deposit before the end of your tenancy.

Housing Disrepair Damages Claims

A landlord has a duty of care to provide a habitable property for their tenants to live in. Under that duty of care or because of a contractual obligation, they need to repair some faults or defects when they are told about them. If they don’t, and you are made ill, become injured or your belongings are damaged, you could make a housing disrepair claim against them.

The following list details some of the problems a landlord might be expected to fix:

  • Blocked drains.
  • Broken heating systems (including hot water supplies).
  • Leaking roofs or pipes.
  • Electrical hazards.
  • Structural defects.
  • Damp and mould.

If you’d like to discuss claiming for housing disrepair damages, please call an advisor today.

Talk To Our Claims Team Today

Hopefully, you’re now ready to begin your claim with no win no fee expert. If so, give us a call on 0800 073 8802 or fill in our online enquiry form to arrange a callback. For all claims, we’ll use the following process:

Get In Touch With Us

You can start the claims process by calling today.

Discuss Your Situation

We’ll listen to what’s happened and decide whether you have a valid claim (for free). We could introduce you to one of our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Southwark at this point.

Manage Your Claim And Stay Up To Date

Should the solicitor take on your claim, they’ll regularly update you as things progress and provide you with advice about any settlement offers received.

Southwark Area Resources

While making your no win no fee claim, you might need to contact a Southwark hospital, the police or the local authority. To save you a bit of time, we’ve listed some of their details below.

Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Southwark

When you make a personal injury claim, you’ll need to have a medical assessment performed by an independent doctor. We have a panel of doctors across the UK. Here are some of the doctors who cover the Southwark area:

Zofia LudwigAstec House,
Sedlescombe Road South,
London, SE1 9RS.
Kunal RathodSouthwark Street,
London Bridge,
London, SE1 0JA.
Shams TabraizMore London Place,
Tooley Street,
London, SE1 2BY.

The doctor will perform their assessment and ask you some questions regarding your injuries and how they affected you. They’ll then prepare a medical report for your personal injury solicitor explaining how severe your injuries were and if there are going to be any ongoing problems because of them.  Your solicitor will then use the report to help work out what amount of compensation you could be entitled to.

St Thomas’ Hospital

If you need to contact the local hospital because you need medical records or other information to help your claim, here are the details:

St Thomas’ Hospital,
Westminster Bridge Road,
London, SE1 7EH.

Guy’s And St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust

Here are the details for the local NHS trust in Southwark:

Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust.
Trust Offices,
St Thomas’ Hospital,
Westminster Bridge Road,
SE1 7EH.

Southwark Council

Should you need to contact the council because you need to report an incident, please use the following details:

Southwark Council,
PO BOX 64529,
SE1 5LX.

Metropolitan Police

If you need to get in touch with the police because you need to report an incident during your claim, here are their details:

Metropolitan Police Headquarters,
New Scotland Yard,
Victoria Embankment,

Written by BT.

Edited by CE.