In this guide, we’re going to look at when you could use no win no fee solicitors covering Stockport to help with a compensation claim. You could be entitled to compensation if you’ve suffered because of somebody else’s negligent actions. You could seek help for a work injury claim, a traffic accident, a claim for medical malpractice compensation or for compensation after an assault. Whatever the type of claim, you may be able to use a no win no fee solicitor to make your claim.
Even though we’re not based in the area, we have a panel of solicitors who can cover the Stockport area. If you would like to find out if you could be eligible to make a claim, why not call us on 0800 073 8802. There’s no pressure or obligation to proceed, so you’ve got nothing to lose.
Alternatively, you could carry on reading this helpful guide to find out when it could be possible to begin a personal injury claim.
What Are No Win No Fee Claims?
Using a no win no fee solicitor is a great way of reducing the financial risk involved with claiming. It allows many more people to claim as there’s no financial outlay required to pay the solicitor’s fees.
When using no win no fee agreements:
- You don’t pay to start the claim.
- There’s nothing to pay the solicitor if they fail to achieve compensation.
- And, if you are compensated, the solicitor’s success fee is deducted from your compensation meaning you don’t need to find the money to pay them yourself.
A success fee covers the solicitor’s legal fees and is limited to 25% of any compensation by law.
One point to note here is that you’ll need to make you claim before the personal injury claims time limit passes. In personal injury claims this is usually 3 years. Other types of claims may vary (financial mis-selling claims, criminal claims and claims for children’s injuries), so please contact us to discuss whether you have time to claim or not.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim
- No Win No Fee Claims For Traffic Accidents In Stockport
- No Win No Fee Medical Malpractice Compensation Claims
- Claims For Workplace Injuries In Stockport
- No Win No Fee Accident Abroad And Flight Claims
- Claim Compensation After An Assault Or Criminal Injury In Stockport
- Are There Additional Accident Claims I Could Make?
- Mis-Selling Compensation Claims
- Tenancy Deposit Scheme Compensation Claims
- Housing Disrepair Compensation Claims
- Start Your No Win No Fee Claim
- Helpful Information And Services In Stockport
No Win No Fee Claims For Traffic Accidents In Stockport
There are a number of accidents on a Stockport road that could lead to a personal injury claim. These could include a cyclist accident in Stockport, a whiplash accident and of course a no win no fee car crash accident claim.
The main thing to bear in mind before making a road traffic accident (RTA) claim is that it needs to have been caused by another road user’s negligence resulting in personal injury. Proving negligence requires as much evidence as possible which can be tricky to obtain once the accident scene has been cleared. Therefore, following an RTA, we recommend you try to:
- Ask witnesses for a statement of what they saw.
- Photograph the scene before vehicles are removed.
- Seek medical treatment for any injuries.
- Try to obtain CCTV or dashcam footage of the accident.
- Get the details of the other road user involved.
- Photograph any visible injuries.
No Win No Fee Medical Malpractice Compensation Claims
Another type of claim that is possible is when you’ve suffered because of substandard treatment by a medical professional. Even if you sign a waiver or a consent form, if the treatment you receive is deemed negligent and the injury or illness was avoidable, you could claim damages.
Claims are possible against private healthcare companies as well as the NHS and could include claims for suffering caused my medical or cosmetic procedures.
You could be able to claim for:
- Avoidable injuries caused during surgery.
- A misdiagnosis which causes a delay in treatment leading to additional suffering.
- Preventable injuries during childbirth.
- Pain caused by anaesthetic errors.
- Medication errors which cause you to suffer side effects.
Claims For Workplace Injuries In Stockport
In your staff room at work, you might have seen a poster about the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974. This piece of legislation places a duty of care on to employers to keep staff safe at work wherever possible.
Our panel of no win no fee employment solicitors covering Stockport could help with claims if the employer has breached their duty of care which led to an accident occurring resulting in unnecessary suffering.
Your employer could be deemed negligent and to blame for an accident by:
- Not providing protective equipment which would’ve stopped the injury.
- Faulty or poorly maintained equipment.
- A lack of proper training.
- Staff not being aware of the company’s health and safety policy.
So if you have been injured as a result of your employer’s negligence and failure to comply with health and safety regulations then you could be eligible to make a claim for compensation.
No Win No Fee Accident Abroad And Flight Claims
Under UK package holiday legislation, you could seek compensation for injuries caused by accidents while you’re on package holiday which was booked through a UK tour operator. In order to claim under these regulations your holiday must be classed as a package holiday and the accident needs to have been caused by an entity booked as part of the deal.
If you booked the holiday independently, your claim could still be possible, but it may be made under the laws of the country the accident happened in (different time limits may apply). Below you will see a sample of places where accidents causing injuries and illnesses could occur on holiday.
- Hotel accidents.
- Swimming pool accident.
- Airport accidents.
- Accidents on planes, cruise ships or trains.
- Transfer accidents.
- Food poisoning.
For any type of accident, listed here or not, you should try to report the accident where possible. A copy of your accident report could be used as evidence to support your claim.
Claim Compensation After An Assault Or Criminal Injury In Stockport
It’s not that well known but you could seek compensation after an assault or other criminal act against you. The government operates the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) scheme to help victims of crime receive compensation.
The scheme covers physical injuries, sexual injuries, and also mental injuries caused by the crime. It can also compensate for loss of earnings and other expenses linked to the crime.
Are There Additional Accident Claims I Could Make?
Before we move on to look at other types of claims you could use our panel of no win no fee solicitors for, we’ll briefly cover some more that could be made by a personal injury lawyer. These include:
- Slips, Trips and Falls. These are possible almost anywhere. If caused by another’s negligence, try to photograph the cause, report the accident, seek medical treatment and ask witnesses for a statement.
- Accidents Involving Children. A parent or responsible adult could make a claim on behalf of an injured child until their 18th birthday. Following that, the child could make their own claim from the ages of 18 to 21.
- Public Place Accidents. When you’re injured in a public place (a park, footpath, public highway etc), you could seek damages for your injury if the accident was caused by negligence. Claims for public place accidents could be made against the local authority or a private business.
Mis-Selling Compensation Claims
Another type of claim that no win no fee solicitors covering Stockport could help with are financial mis-selling claims. Under FCA regulations, financial advisors need to provide sound advice that lets consumers make an informed decision about investments. This can include advice about pensions and annuities.
You might be able to claim if the advisor failed to take your health and lifestyle into consideration or advised you to invest in a high-risk product when you’d asked not to risk your money. You could also claim if you were pressured into a particular product or you were only given one or two products to choose from.
Claims for financial mis-selling compensation are only possible if it can be shown that the advisor was negligent, and you suffered financial losses linked to their advice. The time limit for these types of claims can vary so please contact us to discuss your options.
Tenancy Deposit Scheme Compensation Claims
Even though legislation is now in place meaning a deposit payment needs to be placed in a registered tenancy deposit scheme, it doesn’t always happen that way.
You could seek compensation for financial losses if:
- The deposit you pay isn’t placed in a suitable scheme within 30 days.
- You’re not told which scheme the funds are deposited in.
- The money is moved from the scheme prior to your tenancy ending.
Housing Disrepair Compensation Claims
Another type of claim that our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Stockport can help with is those between tenants and landlords for housing disrepair. Under housing legislation, a landlord is duty-bound to ensure a property meets minimum safety standards. Therefore, failure to fix a reported fault could lead to a claim if:
- You have suffered an injury caused by the fault.
- Items of personal property were damaged by the fault or defect.
- You’ve had to pay out to have the repair fixed yourself.
Start Your No Win No Fee Claim
If you would like to discuss how to begin a no win no fee compensation claim, contact one of our specialists today. You can contact them by calling 0800 073 8802 or by requesting a call back here. This is the process we’ll use for all claims we’re contacted about:
Get In Touch With Us
First of all, you make contact with us.
Discuss Your Situation.
The next step is for us to listen to what happened, what injuries you sustained and what evidence you have to prove your claim. If we think you are in a good position to make a claim, we could connect you with one of our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Stockport.
Manage Your Claim And Stay Up To Date
Helpful Information And Services In Stockport
It’s usually the case that when you make a personal injury claim, you might need to contact a number of different local agencies. To help you, we’ve listed some of the common ones below.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Stockport
We have a panel of independent doctors who can be used to perform medical assessments. To help reduce the amount of travelling required as part of your claim, our panel of no will no fee solicitors will ensure that you visit a doctor local to you. For example;
|Suzanne Fletcher||Peter Bennett Physiotherapy,
|Simon Briggs|| Cennacle Treatment Centre,
Stockport, SK2 7LE.
|Mohammed Safdar||Station Road,
The medical assessment is used to show:
- The injuries you sustained.
- What initial impact they had on you.
- Whether there will be any longer-term issues caused by the injuries.
The report provided by the doctor will be an important piece of evidence in your claim and is, therefore, a requirement for all full personal injury claims.
Stepping Hill Hospital
Based on the number of beds available, here are the details for the largest hospital in Stockport.
Stepping Hill Hospital
Stockport, SK2 7JE.
Stockport NHS Foundation Trust
Here are the details for the NHS foundation trust operating hospitals and other services in the Stockport area.
Stockport NHS Foundation Trust,
Stockport, SK2 7JE.
The details below are for the local council covering services in Stockport.
Stockport Metropolitan Borough Council
Fred Perry House,
Stockport, SK1 3UR.
Greater Manchester Police
Here are the details for the local police headquarters serving Stockport.
Greater Manchester Police HQ
Manchester, M40 5BP.
Written by BT.
Edited by CE.