This guide is going to explain when you could use a no win no fee solicitor to make a compensation claim. Specifically, it’ll look at the types of claims no win no fee solicitors covering Stockton-on-Tees could help you make. We’ll cover financial mis-selling claims, personal injury claims, and traffic accident claims amongst others.
No Win No Fee Expert work with a panel of solicitors who are not based in the area but who can handle claims in Stockton-on-Tees on a no win no fee basis. To talk to us about starting your claim today, call us on 0800 073 8802.
If you’d like more information before contacting us, then please continue reading.
Explaining The Meaning Of Conditional Fee Agreements
When you hire a no win no fee solicitor to help you seek compensation, you’ll be provided with a Conditional Fee Agreement (or CFA). This is a legal contract between you and the solicitor that states:
- You don’t have to pay anything upfront.
- The solicitor won’t be paid for their services if they don’t win compensation for you.
- You’ll pay a fixed percentage of your compensation as a success fee to the solicitor if they’re successful.
The success fee will be detailed in the CFA but by law, it is limited to 25% of your compensation.
Because the solicitor is risking not being paid for their work, they’ll only take on certain claims. Before agreeing to help, they’ll want you to demonstrate that you suffered an injury in an accident caused by somebody who was negligent and owed you a duty of care. You’ll also have to ensure your claim is made on time. The personal injury claims time limit is generally 3-years, but other types of claims have different time limits. Call one of our team to find out whether you still have enough time to begin a claim.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim
- Car And Traffic Accident No Win No Fee Claims
- Medical Negligence Claims Against The NHS And Private Practices
- Accidents In The Workplace In Stockton-on-Tees
- No Win No Fee Claims If Injured While On Holiday
- CICA And Criminal Injury Claims
- More Accidents Claims A Solicitor Could Handle
- Financial Mis-Selling Of Pensions And Investments
- Sue A Landlord For An Unprotected Deposit Or A Deposit Not Returned
- Housing Disrepair Claims Against Landlords In Stockton-on-Tees
- Begin Your Claim Today
- Public Services Covering Stockton-on-Tees
Car And Traffic Accident No Win No Fee Claims
A claim for injuries caused by road traffic accidents (RTAs) is a relatively common type of personal injury claim. Essentially, if you’re injured because another road user was negligent, you could seek compensation for your injuries.
Common injuries in RTAs include:
- Head injuries.
- Back injuries.
- Broken and fractured bones.
- Soft tissue damage and bruising.
- Whiplash and neck injuries.
If you’re involved in an RTA, act as quickly as possible to gather evidence. Once the scene has been cleared it can be more difficult so try to take photographs, obtain the other road user’s details and get witness details. We strongly recommend getting medical treatment for all injuries as soon as possible too.
Medical Negligence Claims Against The NHS And Private Practices
If medical professionals act in a negligent way while treating you which leads to an injury, illness or your existing condition getting worse that could have been avoided, then you could sue for medical negligence.
You could begin a no win no fee claim against the NHS or a private provider for negligence caused by medical or cosmetic treatments. Some examples of where you have sustained an unnecessary injury or illness as a result of medical negligence could be;
- A misdiagnosis leading to a delay in treatment.
- Surgical errors.
- Anaesthetic mistakes.
- Avoidable birth injuries.
- Care home negligence.
- Medication errors.
- Hospital superbugs.
- Dental negligence.
Accidents In The Workplace In Stockton-on-Tees
Your employer has a duty of care, under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, to keep your work environment as safe as possible. They can do this by ensuring risks are assessed regularly and minimised where possible. If you’re injured while at work, caused by employer negligence, you could begin a claim against them. Your employer is unable to prevent you from making a claim, so don’t be put off from making a claim for the compensation you could be entitled to.
You could claim if your injuries happened because an accident was caused by:
- Poor training or supervision.
- Broken machinery or equipment.
- A lack of personal protective equipment.
- A generally unsafe working environment (slippery or damaged floor, cables trailing across the work space etc).
You should report your accident to your employer as soon as possible. You should also seek medical treatment for your injuries and ask any witnesses for their details before contacting a personal injury lawyer.
No Win No Fee Claims If Injured While On Holiday
When you’re injured while on holiday if the accident was caused by the negligence of your holiday provider, you could be eligible for compensation. The way in which you claim will depend on how you booked your holiday.
For package holiday accidents, there is legislation that allows up to 3-years for a claim to be made. A package holiday is where you’ve purchased 2 or more major parts of your holiday from the same UK provider (i.e. hotel and flights). Please note, if you have booked a package holiday but have been injured doing something that you booked separate from that package, you would not be able to make a claim against the holiday provider. You still may be eligible to make a claim to the private owner though.
If your accident happens on a holiday you booked independently, then a no win no fee claim could still be made but the solicitor will use local legislation. Depending on which country you were injured in, the time limits might be reduced, and the compensation amounts might be different to what you’d get through a package holiday claim.
Another type of claim that’s possible is for delayed flights which either took off or landed in the UK and you were travelling with a European airline. Depending on the distance of your flight, if the airline is to blame for the delay, you could be entitled to compensation if your flight is delayed by more than 3 hours.
Our panel of no win no fee solicitors are well versed in both UK and international law and could assist you in making such a claim.
The government’s Criminal Injury Compensation Authority (CICA) allows the victims of violent crimes to claim compensation for physical and psychological injuries. The claim could also include compensation for financial losses linked to the crime such as lost income.
The scheme has its own rules which differ to normal personal injury claims, these include a 2-year time limit for claims and the crime must’ve been reported to the police. That said, in some cases of historical sex abuse claims, the time limit can be waived, however, we suggest that you get in touch with one of our advisors to discuss your circumstances.
More Accidents Claims A Solicitor Could Handle
In the rest of this guide we’re going to look at other types of claims no win no fee solicitors covering Stockton-on-Tees could help with. Before we do, here are a few more personal injury claims they could help you with:
- Injuries to children. A parent or responsible adult can represent a child who’s been injured in an accident up until they turn 18. If a claim isn’t made by then, the child who is now an adult has until their 21st birthday to claim themselves.
- Slips, trips and falls. There are too many scenarios that could lead to a slip or fall to list here. However, if you’re injured in a fall which was caused by somebody else’s negligence, you could be eligible to begin a claim for compensation.
- Accidents in public places. When you suffer an injury in a public place such as a park, a footpath or a public highway, you could sue the local authority or business responsible if they caused the accident to happen. Try to photograph the scene of the accident, report it and, importantly, have your injuries treated by a doctor.
Financial Mis-Selling Of Pensions And Investments
Claims for losses due to financial mis-selling have increased rapidly since the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) introduced new measures designed to protect investors. The guidelines cover the selling of products such pensions, investments and annuities.
You could be entitled to compensation if you lost money because:
- A financial advisor pressured you into choosing a particular product.
- You weren’t told about the terms, fees or charges associated with a product.
- You weren’t informed of the range of products available.
- Your lifestyle wasn’t considered before you purchased the product.
- You ended up with a high-risk product despite asking not to risk your capital.
- The advisor recommended moving funds out of a workplace pension.
Sue A Landlord For An Unprotected Deposit Or A Deposit Not Returned
A common question we hear is, “Can a tenant sue a landlord regarding security deposits?”. The answer, in some cases, is yes. All landlords in the UK, since April 2007 have to use a government-backed tenancy deposit scheme (or TDS).
A TDS is designed to ensure you receive your deposit back at the end of your tenancy if you’ve paid your bills and rent, not damaged the property and didn’t breach your tenancy agreement.
You could make a claim against your landlord if:
- You weren’t told which scheme had been used (within 30 days).
- The landlord didn’t place the deposit in a scheme within 30 days.
- Or your deposit was taken out of the scheme prior to your tenancy ending.
Housing Disrepair Claims Against Landlords In Stockton-on-Tees
A landlord has a duty to ensure that a property they let is safe enough to live in and to repair defects where necessary. Your tenancy agreement should explain what they are and aren’t responsible for.
If your property falls into disrepair and you suffer because of it, you could be eligible to seek compensation. This could be against a private landlord, housing association or a council housing department.
When you’ve informed the landlord of a problem, but they’ve failed to rectify it, you could be due compensation if:
- You have been injured by the defect.
- Your personal property is damaged because of it.
- Or if you have to pay for a repair yourself.
Begin Your Claim Today
If you’re ready to discuss beginning a claim with our advisors, please call on 0800 073 8802. If you’d prefer us to call you, please fill in our online enquiry form. We’ll handle all enquiries in the following way:
Get In Touch With Us
The process will begin when you make contact with us.
Discuss Your Situation
We’ll assess your claim for free and provide free advice. If there’s a good chance you might win compensation, we could introduce you to one of our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Stockton-on-Tees.
Manage Your Claim And Stay Up To Date
Public Services Covering Stockton-on-Tees
You’ll probably need to contact a number of different local agencies during your claim to seek advice or to gather evidence. Therefore, to save time, we’ve listed some in the last section of this guide.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Stockton-on-Tees
As part of a personal injury claim, your no win no fee solicitor will arrange an independent medical assessment. We like to ensure you won’t have to travel too far for your assessment, so we have a panel of doctors around the UK.
In the Stockton-on-Tees area, we could use any of the doctors listed below:
|Vivek Khare||Yarm Road,
Stockton-on-Tees, TS16 0DH.
|Rizwan Shafiq||Stephenson Court,
Middlesbrough, TS6 6UT.
|Ian Kerss||Marton Road,
Middlesbrough, TS4 2NS.
The doctor will write a report after they’ve assessed you and asked you some questions. This report will be used by your personal injury solicitor to form the basis of your compensation claim.
Personal injury claims require an assessment as they provide evidence of the severity of your injuries, the effect they had on you and it could be used to highlight any longer-term impact on you.
University Hospital Of North Tees
Here are the details for the largest hospital in Stockton-on-Tees.
University Hospital of North Tees
Stockton-on-Tees, TS19 8PE.
The details below are for the local authority providing services in Stockton.
Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council
Stockton-on-Tees, TS18 1LD.
If you need to attend or contact the police headquarters for the Stockton-on-Tees area, their details are below.
Cleveland Police Headquarters
1 Cleveland Way,
Written by BT.
Edited by CE.