If you’re looking for information on how a no win no fee solicitor could help you claim compensation, then we hope that you find this guide really useful. We’re going to cover all sorts of claims you could make from personal injury claims to financial mis-selling claims. Specifically, we’re going to explain how no win no fee solicitors covering Sutton could assist you in getting the compensation that you could be entitled to.
Our team of advisors offer free assessments of any claim and no-obligation advice on your options. If you’d like to discuss your claim, why not call our advisors on 0800 073 8802 right away? Or, if you’d prefer, please carry on reading to find out more about when you could eligible to claim.
How You Could Make A No Win No Fee Claim
There are many types of claims that a no win no fee solicitor could help you make but before they agree to, they’ll need to check that you are eligible to claim compensation. Therefore, you’ll usually need to demonstrate that:
- Somebody who owed you a duty of care;
- Breached their duty;
- And caused you to suffer physically, financially or psychologically.
In cases where a solicitor agrees to take on your claim, you’ll be given a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA) to sign. This document is the one which explains that you don’t have to pay the solicitor’s fees if they don’t win your compensation claim.
Where the case is won, the CFA will provide details of a “success fee”. This is the method in which the solicitor’s fees are paid. It is a fixed percentage of your compensation (maximum 25%) which is deducted before the settlement figure is sent to you.
Another consideration for your solicitor is the claims time limit. These vary depending on the type of claim. The personal injury claims time limit is 3-years from the date of an accident or injury diagnosis. For other claim types, please call our team to check you have time to begin.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim
- No Win No Fee Sutton Car Accident Compensation Claims
- No Win No Fee Clinical Or Medical Negligence Claims
- No Win No Fee Sutton Accident At Work Claims
- No Win No Fee Holiday Accidents And Illness Claims
- Apply For Victims Of Crime Compensation Claims
- Other Personal Injury Compensation Claims
- Financial Service And Pension Mis-Selling Examples
- My Landlord Hasn’t Protected My Deposit, Can I Claim Damages?
- Housing Disrepair And Damp Compensation Claims
- How To Contact Us
- Sutton Area Services
No Win No Fee Sutton Car Accident Compensation Claims
There are instances where you could claim for a Sutton car accident if you can prove that it was caused by somebody else’s negligence. The claim could be for a number of different injuries including head injuries, broken bones, soft tissue damage, cuts and bruises, back injuries, neck injuries and whiplash.
If at all possible, we recommend trying to gather evidence as soon as possible following a road traffic accident. You should try to:
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident before vehicles are removed.
- Ask witnesses for their details.
- Obtain any dashcam footage where possible.
- Importantly, visit a GP or hospital for treatment of your injuries.
No Win No Fee Clinical Or Medical Negligence Claims
There are a number of scenarios for which you might want to use a no win no fee solicitor to help claim for medical negligence. These include:
- Pain caused by anaesthetic errors.
- Negligence which causes avoidable injuries during cosmetic, dental or medical surgery.
- When cancer or other conditions are misdiagnosed leading to more suffering because treatment didn’t start as early as it could’ve.
- Medication errors causing suffering.
- Avoidable injuries caused in childbirth.
- Illnesses like pneumonia or sepsis caused by hospital super bugs.
Your claim could be made against any medical professional who has performed substandard treatment that has caused you to suffer an avoidable injury or illness. That could be NHS staff or private healthcare employees and you could claim for negligence both cosmetic and medical procedures.
No Win No Fee Sutton Accident At Work Claims
Any employer, large or small, has a duty of care to try and keep their staff safe while they’re at work. The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) provides training, advice and resources for employers to help them make the workplace safer. If they fail to do so and you’re injured in an accident as a result, then our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Sutton could help you make an accident at work claim.
If an accident happens, you could claim if it was caused by:
- Poor supervision or inadequate training.
- An unsafe working environment.
- A lack of safety equipment.
- Unmaintained, faulty or damaged equipment or machinery.
If you decide to make a claim, you are protected by UK law. This means your employer can’t sack you, discipline or treat you differently for making a claim so don’t be put off as you might miss out on the compensation you might be entitled to.
No Win No Fee Holiday Accidents And Illness Claims
Holiday accidents and illnesses can really ruin your holiday and even cause problems when you return to the UK. Therefore, it seems only right that you should look at using a personal injury solicitor to help you claim compensation for your suffering.
The types of holiday accident claim that are commonly made include:
- Food poisoning claims.
- Hire care and hotel transfer accident claims.
- Sporting activity claims.
- Hotel accident claims.
- Cruise ship accident claims (including while tendering).
- Flight or airport accident claims.
Making a claim for an accident that happened while on holiday can be complex due to the different laws and regulations that could apply to your circumstances. Contact our legal advisors to find out more.
Apply For Victims Of Crime Compensation Claims
You may not be aware that if you’re the victim of a violent crime, you could seek compensation for any physical or psychological injuries as well as the financial losses linked to those injuries.
It probably won’t be a normal personal injury claim though. Instead, the claim could be made using the government’s Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA). The scheme has some rules which differ to other claims including:
- A 2-year claim time limit. This can be waived or extended in some circumstances such as cases of historical sexual abuse.
- The compensation is reduced when claiming for multiple injuries. The most serious injury would get 100% compensation in a successful claim, the 2nd would get 30% and the 3rd would receive 15%.
- All crimes must’ve been reported to the police to be eligible for a CICA claim.
Other Personal Injury Compensation Claims
The rest of this guide is about other types of claims our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Sutton could help you with. Just before we move on, here are a final few claims a personal injury solicitor could help you with:
- Slips or trips leading to a fall are fairly common. If they’re caused by somebody else’s negligence, you could be entitled to compensation. For instance, you might be able to claim if a floor was wet but there were no warning signs, cables were trailed across a walkway or a trip hazard was hard to see because of poor lighting.
- You could also claim if an accident in a public place (park, shopping centre, car park etc) occurs. You could sue the responsible party if their negligence led to the accident.
- Finally, you could represent a child in a personal injury claim at any point before they become 18. Otherwise, they could make their own claim when they become an adult so long as they do so before their 21st birthday.
Financial Service And Pension Mis-Selling Examples
You could make a claim if a financial advisor has been negligent and caused you to lose out financially when buying a product or investment such as a mortgage, pension or annuity. That’s because there are strict rules from the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) covering sales of these products.
Some mis-selling examples which could result in financial losses and lead to a claim are:
- If the advisor put pressure on you to make a purchase.
- Where your health or lifestyle weren’t considered before a product was recommended.
- If you weren’t told about any ongoing fees.
- Where the terms and conditions of a product weren’t explained to you.
- If you were only given one or two products to choose from rather than a range of products.
My Landlord Hasn’t Protected My Deposit, Can I Claim Damages?
It is possible for our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Sutton to help you claim for compensation if your landlord hasn’t followed the rules regarding tenancy deposit schemes (TDS).
These were introduced by the government as a way of helping to ensure your deposit isn’t retained unfairly by your landlord.
You may be able to seek compensation if:
- Your landlord didn’t protect your deposit within 30 days of receiving it.
- They failed to tell you which TDS was holding your deposit.
- Or they withdrew the funds before your tenancy agreement came to an end.
Housing Disrepair And Damp Compensation Claims
Did you know that you could make a compensation for damp and other housing disrepair issues if they’ve caused you to become ill, suffer an injury or caused your belongings to become damaged?
If your landlord, whether that’s a private landlord, housing association or council, are made aware of a problem but fail to fix it, you might be eligible to claim. The types of problem which might lead to compensation include:
- Mould or damp.
- Broken heating or hot water supplies.
- Electrical or fire risks.
- Structural defects.
- Blocked drainage.
- Leaking pipes or roofs.
How To Contact Us
Get In Touch With Us
You can begin your claim by making contact with our advisors.
Discuss Your Situation
We’ll assess your claim for free and look at the evidence you have. Then we could introduce you to one of our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Sutton.
Manage Your Claim And Stay Up To Date
Sutton Area Services
When making a no win no fee claim, you might need to contact the police, a hospital or the local authority. To save you some time, we’ve provided details of services local to Sutton below.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Sutton
In the case of personal injury claims, an important piece of documentation used to help determine your compensation is a medical reported following an assessment by an independent doctor. We have a panel of doctors covering the UK meaning we can usually arrange a local appointment. Here are a sample of those in Sutton:
|Soran Saeed||Sutton Sport Physio,
Rose Hill Park,
Sutton, SM1 3EU.
|Amer Hafeez||Carshalton Road,
Sutton, SM1 4NG
In your appointment, you’ll be asked a number of questions about your injuries. The doctor will use your answers and medical evidence to write a report for your personal injury lawyer. The report will detail how severe your injuries were, what the immediate impact was and whether you’ll be affected in the future.
In case you need to contact the main hospital in Sutton because you require medical records or other information, here are the details you’ll need:
Surrey, SM2 5NF.
Epsom And St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust
Here are the details for the local NHS trust in Sutton:
Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust.
Epsom, KT18 7EG.
If you need to contact the council in Sutton because you need information from them or to report an incident, here are their details:
Sutton Central Library,
St Nicholas Way,
Sutton, SM1 1EA.
If you need to get in touch with the police during your claim, here are the details you’ll need:
Metropolitan Police Headquarters,
New Scotland Yard,
Written by BT.
Edited by CE.