When somebody else’s mistake or negligence causes you to suffer, you might need the help of no win no fee solicitors covering Telford to help you seek compensation. We’re not only talking about personal injury claims either. You could be claiming for losses caused by financial mis-selling, making housing disrepair claims or you could be trying to find a no win no fee solicitor to make a claim for criminal injuries. In all cases, this guide could prove useful as we’ll explain what types of claims for compensation are possible and when you might be eligible to claim.
While we’re not based in Telford, our panel of no win no fee personal injury solicitors covering Telford could help you with claims that have happened there. We offer a free assessment and if we do introduce you to a solicitor, they’ll work on a no win no fee basis.
To discuss starting a claim today, please call a specialist on 0800 073 8802. If you would like to find out more about how personal injury solicitors covering Telford could help you, please carry on reading.
What Are No Win No Fee Claims?
The cost associated with hiring a personal injury solicitor deters some from beginning their claim. That’s why, when our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering claims in Telford take on a case, it’s on a no win no fee basis.
The amount of stress and financial risk involved in claiming is greatly reduced by no win no fee agreements because:
- You don’t have to pay the solicitor up front.
- There are no legal fees to pay your solicitor if they lose the case.
- When you receive compensation, their success fee is deducted from your compensation. This means that you don’t need to find the money to pay them yourself.
Success fees cover the solicitor’s legal fees and they’re limited to 25%. The amount you’ll pay will be outlined in your no win no fee agreement.
You should bear in mind that there is generally a personal injury claims time limit in the UK. This is usually a 3-year period from the date of your accident. The time frame could also begin from the day you find out about your injuries or illness following a doctor’s diagnosis. There are exceptions please call our advisors for more information.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim
- No Win No Fee Telford Road Traffic Accident & Injury Compensation Claims
- No Win No Fee Medical Negligence Solicitors Covering Telford
- No Win No Fee Solicitors Handling Accident At Work Claims
- Compensation Claims For Injuries And Accidents On Holiday
- No Win No Fee Criminal Compensation Claims For Assaults And Abuse In Telford
- Other Types Of Accident And Injury Claims
- No Win No Fee Financial Product Mis-Selling Claims
- No Win No Fee Compensation For Disputed Rental Deposits
- Housing Disrepair Claims With No Win No Fee Solicitors Covering Telford
- Claim With A No Win No fee Solicitor Covering Claims In Telford
- Telford Area Local Services
No Win No Fee Telford Road Traffic Accident & Injury Compensation Claims
A road traffic accident (RTA) injury compensation claim could be launched by any road user who suffers in an accident caused by another road user’s negligence. A solicitor could help you claim for a number of different injuries including head injuries, whiplash and neck injuries, broken bones and lacerations or cuts.
We recommend that you try, where you’re able, to gather as much evidence at the scene of an RTA. All personal injury claims require evidence but evidence from an RTA will be cleared away relatively quickly, so you need to act as soon as possible.
- Take photos while vehicles are still in situ.
- Ask witnesses for their details.
- Seek medical treatment. The medical records can be requested at a later date as supporting evidence.
- Gather any dashcam or CCTV footage where possible.
- Take pictures of any visible injuries because these can help demonstrate their severity.
For more information on the types of RTAs that happen and how often they occur, take a look at this government report from 2017.
No Win No Fee Medical Negligence Solicitors Covering Telford
Medical negligence can occur in many different ways. Generally, if you suffer because of substandard treatment by a medical professional, you could be entitled to compensation.
Medical negligence solicitors covering Telford could help you claim in the following scenarios:
- You suffer because a misdiagnosis means there is a delay in your treatment.
- The wrong medicine (or dosage) is prescribed causing you to suffer side effects.
- You become ill in hospital because you contract MRSA or other super bugs.
- If you suffer an avoidable injury during cosmetic, dental or medical surgery.
- Where you or your baby suffer a preventable injury during childbirth, pregnancy or post-birth.
- If you’re treated negligently in a care home and it resulted in an undue injury.
No Win No Fee Solicitors Handling Accident At Work Claims
While no workplace will ever be completely safe or risk-free, your employer has a duty of care to reduce as many risks as possible. Failure to do so could make you eligible to seek compensation for an accident at work which leaves you injured.
You could seek damages if:
- The injuries you sustained happened due to reported faulty equipment.
- Your accident was caused because personal protective equipment wasn’t provided.
- There wasn’t adequate training for the task in which you were injured.
- You didn’t know the company’s health and safety policy because it was never highlighted to you.
You could use no win no fee solicitors for accident at work claims and your employer isn’t allowed to prevent you from doing so. They can’t discipline you for claiming and will have insurance (by law) to cover them. Therefore, don’t be afraid to consider making a claim if you’ve suffered an accident at work. The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 is used as a basis for many of these types of claim. You can read an explanation of its relevance here.
Compensation Claims For Injuries And Accidents On Holiday
If you’re injured or made ill while on holiday abroad, or in the UK, you could seek damages if the injury happened because of the holiday company’s negligence or negligence of their staff. You could claim for package holiday accidents or if you’re injured during a holiday that you’ve booked independently. We suggest that you give us a call to discuss your circumstances regarding how you sustained your injuries and whether you need to make the claim against your package holiday provider or the independent company.
The types of claim where you have sustained an injury or illness that was not your fault could include;
- Food poisoning or waterborne illnesses.
- Hotel accidents.
- Airport or airplane accidents.
- Cruise ships injuries or illnesses.
- Accidents that occur during an excursion or activity.
No Win No Fee Criminal Compensation Claims For Assaults And Abuse In Telford
You probably wouldn’t think of making a criminal injury claim following a physical or sexual assault against you. However, the government’s Criminal Injury Compensation Authority CICA scheme could allow you to claim for pain and suffering caused by injuries.
The scheme operates differently to other types of compensation claims. This means the time limit for claiming is reduced and the amounts of compensation are different. If you’d like to discuss whether you could make a CICA claim, speak with a specialist advisor today.
Other Types Of Accident And Injury Claims
Before we move on to other types of claims a no win no fee solicitor covering Telford could help you with, we’re going to briefly cover a few more personal injury claims that you might need to know about.
- Children’s Accidents.
As children aren’t able to conduct their own legal matters, a parent could become their ‘litigation friend’ and represent them in a claim any time up until their 18th birthday. After that, the child, who is now an adult can conduct their own claim before they turn 21.
- Slips, Trips And Falls.
These can occur almost anywhere in everyday life. If somebody else caused the accident to happen, then you could seek compensation from them for your injuries. To find out more, read our separate guide.
- Accidents in Public Places.
If you are involved in an accident in a public place (supermarket, restaurant, train station, footpath, public highway, park, car park etc), you could pursue a claim against the owner if they caused the accident. This might lead to claims against the local authority or private businesses.
No Win No Fee Financial Product Mis-Selling Claims
The Financial Conduct Authority imposed new regulations on financial advisors to protect customers from suffering losses due to mis-selling. You could be eligible to claim back financial losses if:
- You lost out financially because a financial advisor pressured you to buy a particular product.
- You weren’t told about the fees or charges levied by a product.
- Your choice of products were limited to only one or two because the advisor was trying to sell a particular product.
- The advisor failed to ask about your health or lifestyle before suggesting products.
- You invested in a high-risk venture when you’d asked to limit your risk.
No Win No Fee Compensation For Disputed Rental Deposits
Since the government tightened the regulations for rented properties, a landlord isn’t allowed to hold your deposit in their own bank account. It now needs to be deposited in a protected scheme to ensure tenants don’t lose their deposit unfairly.
Therefore, you could seek compensation when your landlord doesn’t place the money in a scheme, or tell you which scheme they’ve used, within 30 days. You could also claim if they move the money before the end of your tenancy.
Housing Disrepair Claims With No Win No Fee Solicitors Covering Telford
Another claim against a landlord could be if they fail to meet their duty of care to ensure your property is maintained properly.
If they fail to repair a defect or fault which they’re required to according to your tenancy agreement, you could claim if:
- You’ve lost out financially because you had to pay for the repair yourself.
- The fault or defect caused damage to your own personal property.
- You were injured because the defect or fault caused an avoidable accident to happen.
For more information, read this protocol from the Ministry of Justice covering housing disrepair cases.
Claim With A No Win No fee Solicitor Covering Claims In Telford
When you’re ready to discuss your case, you can contact us on 0800 073 8802. If you’d prefer a call back, you can request one by using this online form. When you do contact us, we’ll follow this process:
Get In Touch With Us
You make contact with us in the first instance.
Discuss Your Situation
We’ll discuss what happened, the cause, your injuries and determine whether you have a strong case. If you do, we could connect you with one of our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Telford.
Manage Your Claim And Stay Up To Date
Telford Area Local Services
When you make any type of no win no fee claim, whether it’s a personal injury claim, a criminal injury compensation claim or a financial loss claim, you might need to speak with local services and agencies for support. We’ve listed a number of these below to save you time.
Doctors Examining Telford Claimants
One of the most important jobs for no win no fee solicitors covering Telford is to demonstrate how serious your injuries are. Therefore, as part of your claim, your personal injury lawyer will want a medical assessment to be completed. We work with a panel of independent doctors across the UK.
The medical assessment will take place locally and the doctor will ask you a number of questions. They will then produce a report which will detail the type and severity of your injury, the impact it caused and what the impact might be in the future (if any). This report is a vital part of your claim and will be used, in conjunction with other evidence, to work out how much compensation is to be claimed.
A sample of our panel of doctors we could use in Telford include:
|Mohammed Safdar||Lightmoor Way,
Telford, TF4 3EG.
|Marta Molinero||Telford International Centre,
St Quintin Gate,
Telford, TF3 4EH.
|David McCollum||South Water Square,
Telford, TF3 4HS.
Princess Royal Hospital
Based on bed numbers, the Princess Royal Hospital is the main one serving Telford. Therefore, we’ve provided their address below.
The Princess Royal Hospital
Telford, TF1 6TF.
The Shrewsbury And Telford NHS Trust
These details are for the NHS trust offering hospital services in the Telford area.
The Shrewsbury and Telford NHS Trust
Princess Royal Hospital,
Telford, TF1 6TF.
Telford And Wrekin Council
Here are the details of the local council providing services to residents of Telford.
Telford and Wrekin Council,
Telford, TF3 4NT.
West Mercia Police
Finally, here are the details for the local police headquarters.
West Mercia Police Headquarters
Worcester, WR3 SP.
Written by BT.
Edited by CE.