This page is a free online guide that covers how No Win No Fee solicitors covering Tyne and Wear can be of help to a person who needs to make a compensation claim. We are going to show why you could be eligible to make a claim by giving examples of some of the most common claim types. As long as you are ready to make your claim within the claims time limit that applies to your circumstances, then this guide should be useful to you.
If you have any questions about the claims process, or how using a No Win No Fee solicitor to process a claim on your behalf then we can help. Our claims team is available on 0800 073 8802 to answer each and every question you have, and to provide free legal advice aimed at getting your claim underway as soon as possible.
No Win No Fee Explained
If you regularly watch the TV or listen to the radio, then you have likely seen or heard the term No Win No Fee before. This kind of fee arrangement isn’t a new idea, and its formal name is a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA). By using the services of a No Win No Fee solicitor, you are minimising the financial risks that are associated with making a claim. This is because your solicitor won’t expect to be paid until the claim has been resolved successfully.
When you first speak to the solicitor about the possibility of them handling your claim for you, there won’t be any fee for taking the claim on and preparing to process it. While the claim is being processed, and this stage can take months in some cases, your solicitor won’t ask for any fee. If the claim fails and no compensation is won, then you still don’t have to pay your solicitor anything. However, once the claim has been resolved in a successful manner, then you will need to pay your solicitor. The fee will be automatically taken from the compensation payment the solicitor received on your behalf. At the start of the claim, the solicitor will have negotiated an overall percentage of the final settlement figure that they would collect as their fee. This amount is deducted from the money received and you are given the rest.
We understand that a CFA may seem like a complex legal contract and that you might like it explained in further detail. Our claims team is always available to help you understand what a CFA is and how it can help you. Call us on the phone number near the end of this guide to speak to a claims advisor. To read more about the benefits of a CFA click here.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim:
- No Win No Fee Claims For Car Accidents In Tyne And Wear
- No Win No Fee Claims For Negligent Medical Treatment
- No Win No Fee Workplace Injury Claims
- No Win No Fee Holiday Compensation Claims
- Tyne And Wear Criminal Injuries Compensation Claims
- Are There Other Accidents Claims I Could Make?
- Financial Services And Pension Mis Selling Claims
- No Win No Fee Tenancy Deposit Compensation
- Tyne And Wear Housing Disrepair Compensation
- How To Claim Compensation
- Local Resources
No Win No Fee Claims For Car Accidents In Tyne And Wear
Road Traffic Accidents (RTA) are, unfortunately, a common occurrence on UK roads. In the period 2017 to 2018, there were 1,784 deaths caused by RTA. This is according to the 2017/18 annual report from the Department of Transport (DoT). If you have been injured in a car accident Tyne and Wear, or any other form of a traffic accident, if the incident wasn’t your fault you could be able to claim for the harm you have suffered. This holds true for not only drivers but also passengers, pedestrians and any other type of road user. For example:
- A passenger on a bus suffers a serious case of whiplash, due to the bus colliding with the bus stop because the bus driver wasn’t paying due care and attention.
- A pedestrian is walking along a rural road in Tyne and Wear at night. They are struck by a van driver who didn’t see them because one of the headlights on the van was broken. The pedestrian is killed instantly.
- A motorcyclist fractures their collarbone when they crash into the side of a car this is pulling onto the road in front of them. The car driver failed to notice the motorcycle approaching before they pulled out onto the main road.
Each of these examples shows how one road user can take action which can result in another road user being injured. In each example, the injured party could have been able to make a compensation claim. To have your RTA claim evaluated, please speak to our claims team today.
No Win No Fee Claims For Negligent Medical Treatment
We are all bought up to extend trust to medical professionals. From our GP, dentist and optician, through all of the nurses, orderlies, specialists and surgeons working for a hospital. We trust these medical professionals to care for our health and not cause us any harm. But of course, mistakes can and are made, and negligent medical treatment is the, unfortunate result. When clinical negligence causes harm to a patient in a way that was avoidable, a valid claim could exist. For example:
- A cancer victim has the condition diagnosed late. This meant that critical treatment was not provided rapidly enough, and the patient’s health suffered substantially.
- A GP makes a mistake when prescribing medication to a patient. The GP prescribes a kind of medication that the patient is registered as being allergic to. The patient takes the medication and becomes ill due to an allergic reaction.
- A cosmetic surgeon who is performing a facelift procedure slips and cuts the face of the patient. The cut is deep and will leave a permanent scar.
Each of these examples shows how a mistake or some other negligent act on the part of a medical professional can harm a patient in a way that could be the basis of a claim. It will be down to you to prove that negligence took place. We can provide you with free legal advice about how to go about this, we can also provide you with a medical negligence lawyer from our panel to process your claim for you.
No Win No Fee Workplace Injury Claims
There are multiple bodies of legislation in the UK that pertain to ensuring that the chances of a workplace injury is minimised. The Health and Safety Executive is responsible for administering much of this legislation. Every employer is tasked with proactively uncovering and mitigating hazards in the workplace. This is a legal obligation and compliance is mandatory. When compliance slips, it can expose staff to an increased likelihood of being injured in a workplace accident. For example:
- A person who has just begun working for a supermarket is on shelf filing duty. They have to lift heavy boxes onto and off of a trolley. The employee has not received any training in manual handling techniques and subsequently hurts their back.
- An apprentice working for a firm of interior decorators was forced to sit in the back of a works van, surrounded by unsealed paint tins. The apprentice was not provided with a safety mask, and the paint fumes make them ill.
- A waitress working for a coffee shop is electrocuted by a faulty coffee machine. The shop owner new the coffee machine was beginning to fail but urged the staff to keep using it anyway.
Here we can see how negligence on the part of an employer can result in a member of staff coming to harm. In each of these examples, it could have been possible for the injured employee to make a claim. To discuss your circumstances in greater detail, please do not hesitate to contact us.
No Win No Fee Holiday Compensation Claims
We don’t only deal with claims in the UK, we can also help with holiday compensation claims for incidents that took place overseas. The process of making a holiday claim can be a little complex, due to the fact the party that is pursed for damages will change depending on how you booked your holiday. To explain this further:
- On a package holiday that consisted of two or more facilities or features wrapped into a single price, then if the holidaymaker is injured whilst utilising one of the inclusive features, a claim will be made against the UK based package holiday vendor.
- On a privately booked holiday, a claim will be made against the specific travel provider that harmed the patient. For example, the hotel operator or airline.
We also need to go over the Montreal Convention. If a plane is flying in international airspace, a claim would be made against the airline leveraging the legal framework provided by the Montreal Convention if a traveller is injured through negligence on the part of the airline or its representatives.
Tyne And Wear Criminal Injuries Compensation Claims
Victims of violent crimes or sexually motivated crimes could be eligible for compensation. This would include victims of rape, sexual assault, physical assault, and victims of violent robberies such as mugging or aggravated burglary.
The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) is a special UK Government-funded organisation that provides compensation for victims of violent crimes when no other way exists.
If you want to make a claim for the injuries that you have sustained as a result of a violent crime, we can connect you to a solicitor from our panel who is experienced in the CICA claims process. Talk to one of our claims advisors so we can move your claim forward today.
Are There Other Accidents Claims I Could Make?
Aside from these very common kinds of claims we have covered so far, there are a great many reasons why a person may need a solicitor to help them to make a personal injury claim. The simple truth of the situation is that no matter the kind of accident you are involved in, or how you have been harmed if a third party was even partially to blame a valid claim may exist. As examples of this:
- A branch from your neighbour’s tree breaks off and falls into your garden while you are sunbathing. The branch hits you on the head and causes a concussion.
- A loose paving slab on the steps of your local council-run library causes you to fall down the steps and subsequently breaking your leg.
- Your house has recently been rewired by a local firm of electricians. Unfortunately, a mistake is made, and this causes you to suffer an electric shock.
In each example, one party has harmed another through a negligent act. If you think you may have a valid reason to make an accident, injury or illness claim, talk things over with our claims team. They will offer you some free legal advice on how best to proceed.
Financial Services And Pension Mis Selling Claims
For people who have suffered a form of monetary loss due to being mis sold a financial product, whereby the financial advisor failed to follow all 2006 rules and regulations, set in place by the Financial Conduct Authority then we may be able to help.
We can assist with a mis sold pension claim, as well as other products such as annuities, Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) and mortgages. In effect, any financial product that comes with the financial loss attached could be the basis of a mis selling claim. Speak to our claims team to learn more.
No Win No Fee Tenancy Deposit Compensation
Your landlord has to follow a number of rules that relate to the tenancy deposit you have handed them when you moved in. This includes financially protecting your deposit within 30 days of being paid it (usually done by placing it in a deposit protection scheme). Protection must continue until you give up your tenancy. When you do, the deposit must be returned to you in full within 10 days of terminating your tenancy agreement. If you are struggling to get your rental deposit back, then we may be able to help you to claim tenancy deposit compensation. Please speak to one of our claim advisors to learn more about how we could be able to help you.
Tyne And Wear Housing Disrepair Compensation
If your rental property is in some form of disrepair, then you should begin trying to get the matter resolved by following the official complaints procedure. If your landlord does not then fix the disrepair and you have suffered either physical or financial loss then you could have a valid basis for a claim. If you talk over your circumstances with our claims team, they will recommend the best course of action for you.
How To Claim Compensation
Whether you are ready to move forward with a claim or still have questions about the compensation claims process, these steps will get you the help you need.
Get In Touch With Us
Discuss Your Situation
A claim advisor will discuss your legal options with you, and give you some advice on how to best proceed with a claim.
Manage Your Claim And Stay Up-To-Date
If you choose to work with our panel of No Win No Fee solicitors, as they are not based in Tyne and Wear they will ensure that you are kept up to date regularly, whether that be through email, over the telephone or via the post.
Claimants living in Tyne and Wear might find the local information below to be useful.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Tyne And Wear
A personal injury claims calculator is fine for getting a rough estimate of how much you could claim. However, for a solicitor to accurately value your claim, you will need to go for a medical examination. You could use this local doctor from our panel:
|Gerald Sweeney||North East Clinic|
|52 Heaton Road|
|Newcastle upon Tyne|
|Tyne and Wear|
Our claims team can tell you more about having a medical examination if you give them a call.
St Nicholas Hospital
Newcastle upon Tyne
Cumbria, Northumberland, Tyne And Wear NHS Foundation Trust
St Nicholas Hospital
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tyne and Wear
North Tyneside Council
Town Hall & Civic Offices
Middle Engine Lane
Tyne and Wear
Written by MC.
Edited by CE.