There are times when you have to consider using a no win no fee solicitor to help you seek compensation because you’ve been made to suffer as a result of somebody else’s negligence. In this guide, we’re going to look at scenarios which might lead to a claim and how no win no fee solicitors covering Urmston could help you along the way. We’ll cover lots of different claims including holiday accident claims, claiming for a road accident in Urmston and when you could have a medical malpractice case.
Our panel of no win no fee solicitors are not based in Urmston but can cover the area. Firstly, here at No Win No Fee Expert, we have a team of specialist advisors who can help you begin your claim by providing free, no-obligation advice and a free assessment of your claim. If you would like to discuss making a claim today, please call 0800 073 8802. If you’d rather find out more about the types of claim that you could make, then please carry on reading this helpful guide.
What Is A No Win No Fee Solicitor?
In order to be able to provide you with a no win no fee agreement, it is likely that your solicitor will want to assess your eligibility with regards to making a claim. Therefore, see if you can answer yes to the following 3 questions to see if you could be entitled to claim:
- Did you suffer an injury or financial loss?
- Was the suffering caused by somebody who owed you a duty of care?
- Did that person’s negligence cause the suffering?
If a solicitor takes on your claim, you’ll both sign a Conditional Fee Agreement or CFA. This document is your contract and it confirms that no solicitor’s fees need to be paid unless compensation is awarded. When the claim is won, a success fee will be deducted for your solicitor’s fees.
The success fee will be listed in the CFA. It is a fixed percentage of any compensation you receive, and it is deducted before the rest is sent to you. By law, the success fee can’t exceed 25% of your compensation.
Another factor to consider before you begin your claim is the time limit for doing so. The personal injury claims time limit is 3-years from the date of an accident or diagnosis of your injuries. For other types of compensation claims, the time limit can vary. When you’ve read this guide, if you’re not sure how long you have to make your claim, please call an advisor for free legal advice.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim
- Compensation Claims For Road Accidents In Urmston
- No Win No Fee Medical Malpractice Cases
- Had A Work Accident, Making Claim Guide
- No Win No Fee Holiday Accident Claims
- Compensation For Victims Of Violent Crime Acts
- Further Urmston Personal Injury Claims
- Mis Sold Pension Claims
- Tenancy Deposit Compensation Claims
- Housing Disrepair Claims Against A Landlord In The UK
- How To Contact A No Win No Fee Expert
- Helpful Information For Urmston
Compensation Claims For Road Accidents In Urmston
If you’re involved in an Urmston motorbike accident, a car accident in Urmston or any other type of road accident in Urmston, you could be entitled to begin a compensation claim if it was caused by another road user.
The most common injuries claimed for following a road traffic accident include:
- Head injuries.
- Back injuries.
- Broken bones.
- Soft tissue damage.
- Neck injuries including whiplash.
To help make your claim easier, we recommend you try to gather evidence quickly. This can include:
- Witness details.
- Photographic evidence (try to do this before any vehicles are moved from the scene).
- Medical records (you should attend A&E or a GP surgery no matter how serious your injuries are).
- Dashcam footage.
No Win No Fee Medical Malpractice Cases
Our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Urmston could help you make a claim if you have been made ill or injured following the negligent treatment of a medical professional. Medical malpractice claims are possible for negligence during cosmetic or medical treatments and can be made against NHS or private healthcare employees.
Here are some examples of medical negligence which might lead to a claim:
- Illnesses like sepsis or pneumonia caused by super bugs in hospitals.
- Suffering caused because a doctor misdiagnosed your condition leading to a delay in treatment.
- Avoidable injuries to a baby or mother during childbirth.
- Errors with medication which cause you to suffer.
- Negligence during any form of surgery (cosmetic, dental or medical) which causes an injury.
- An anaesthetic mistake which means you felt unnecessary pain during treatment.
Had A Work Accident, Making Claim Guide
The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 places a duty of care on employers to try and keep their staff safe while at work. This can be done by assessing the workplace and making changes to reduce risks. If they fail to do so and an accident occurs, it could lead to an employee making a claim for a work accident that could have been prevented.
You could make a claim for accidents caused by:
- Machinery which hadn’t been maintained in accordance with the manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Insufficient training.
- A lack of protective equipment such as safety goggles.
- A generally unsafe work environment (damaged or slippery floors, electrical hazards, trailing cables etc.).
No Win No Fee Holiday Accident Claims
When you’re on holiday, if you are injured because of somebody else’s negligence then you could make a compensation claim in much the same way as a UK accident. Who you claim against will depend on how you booked your holiday.
If you booked your holiday through a UK-based package holiday provider and the accident happened while using a service they provided you with, then your claim could be against the holiday company. If the holiday was booked independently then you could make your claim against the responsible party instead.
Package holiday claims generally have a 3-year time limit. For holidays booked independently, the time limit will be determined by the laws of the country the accident happened in
Making a claim for injuries that you have sustained as a result of an accident that happened abroad are complex in nature. Our panel of solicitors are well versed in both UK and International law and could be able to help you make a claim. Call us today for more information.
Compensation For Victims Of Violent Crime Acts
Our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Urmston could help you make a claim if you have suffered injuries as a result of a violent crime. The claim won’t be made in the same way as other personal injury claims though, as it is classed as a criminal injury and will be made using through the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA).
CICA are a government organisation who can compensate victims of crime for physical and psychological injuries as well as some financial losses such as lost income caused by the injuries.
You need to have reported the crime to police to be eligible to make a CICA claim and the amounts of compensation are different to a other claims for compensation, especially when you’ve suffered from multiple injuries. Although there is a 2-year time limit for CICA claims, this can be waived for historic cases in certain circumstances. Please contact us to discuss your case in more detail.
Further Urmston Personal Injury Claims
Before we move on to financial claims, here are some more claims a personal injury lawyer could help you make:
- Children’s personal injury claims: These can be made by a parent at any point before the child turns 18. If a claim isn’t made within this time, the victim has until they are 21 to make a claim.
- Slips, trips and falls: You could claim for a slip or trip if it was caused by negligence. Some examples include trip hazards which were obscured by poor lighting, slippery floors with no warning signs and uneven pavements.
- Public place accidents: If you’re injured on a footpath, in a park, a supermarket or car park, you could claim against the business owner or local authority if they caused the accident through some form of negligence.
Mis Sold Pension Claims
Financial advisors who sell financial products including pensions, annuities, investments and mortgages have strict rules about the way they to sell the products. If a financial advisor fails to follow those rules and you lose money as a result, you could be entitled to make a compensation claim.
The Financial Conduct Authority has put some guidelines in place with regards to this:
- The advisor should give you a good range of products to choose from.
- You shouldn’t be pressured into making a choice.
- The fees and charges for a product should be clearly explained.
- Important terms and conditions should be discussed, and a printed copy provided.
- Your lifestyle and health should be discussed before any product is recommended.
To discuss your potential eligibility for a claim, please do not hesitate to get in contact with us.
Tenancy Deposit Compensation Claims
In some circumstances, our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Urmston could help you seek compensation if your landlord breaches rules regarding Tenancy Deposit Schemes (TDS).
The main rules are:
- Deposits should be placed into a TDS within 30 days of receiving them.
- The tenant should be informed, in writing, about which TDS has been used.
- Deposits should not be removed from the scheme before the end of a tenancy agreement.
Housing Disrepair Claims Against A Landlord In The UK
If your landlord fails to fix a problem which they’ve been made aware of then it is possible to make housing disrepair claims in the UK if the problem causes you to become ill, injured or your own property is damaged.
Private landlords, councils and housing associations all have a duty of care or contractual obligation to fix some faults. The list could include any of the following:
- Damp and mould problems.
- A leaking roof or pipes.
- Blocked drains.
- Electrical or fire hazards.
- Structural problems.
- Broken hot water or heating boilers.
If you believe you should be compensated because of a housing disrepair issue, please call our team for free advice today.
How To Contact A No Win No Fee Expert
If you’re ready to begin a claim today, please call us on 0800 073 8802. If you’d prefer us to call you, then please fill in this online enquiry form. To begin all claims, we’ll use the following process.
Get In Touch With Us
We’ll start your claim once you make contact with an advisor.
Discuss Your Situation
Let us know what happened and we’ll work out if you have a valid claim or not. At this point we could introduce you to one of our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Urmston.
Manage Your Claim And Stay Up To Date
Helpful Information For Urmston
When you make a no win no fee claim, you might need to contact a number of local agencies because you need to request information from them. To make things a little easier for you, we’ve provide some of their details in the following sections.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Urmston
When your personal injury solicitor requests that you undergo a medical assessment by an independent doctor, we have a panel of doctors across the UK. Here is a sample of those our panel of solicitors could use could use in the Urmston area:
|Warwick Brindley||Advanced Physiotherapy Clinic,
Manchester, M34 5BD.
Manchester, M32 8DS.
|Abdul Wahab||Centric Consulting Rooms,
Sale, M33 3HP.
The medical report produced by the doctor is a vital part of your personal injury claim as it provides information including:
- What injuries you sustained and how severe they were.
- How you’ve been affected by the injuries.
- Whether you’ll suffer any ongoing problems.
The appointment will consist of a medical assessment and a number of questions from the doctor about your injuries.
Trafford General Hospital
To get in touch with the main hospital used by residents of Urmston, please use the following details:
Trafford General Hospital
Manchester, M41 5SL.
Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust
Here are the details for the local NHS trust in case you need to contact them:
Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust.
Manchester, M13 9WL.
To contact the local authority in Urmston, you can use these details:
Trafford Town Hall,
Stretford, M32 0TH.
Greater Manchester Police
If you need to contact the police because you need to report an incident or ask for information, here are their details:
Greater Manchester Police Headquarters,
Manchester, M40 5BP.
Written by BT.
Edited by CE.