Did you know that you could be able to make a compensation claim for injuries that you suffer in an accident that was not your fault? This guide covers some of the common reasons why claims for compensation are possible. We will also discuss why you too, could be eligible to claim in similar circumstances. As long as you are within the claims time limit that applies to your circumstances, and it can be proven that you were harmed by the actions of a third party, you could be able to use a No Win No Fee Solicitor to assist you in processing your claim.
We can connect you to one of our panel of No Win No Fee solicitors covering West Bridgford. If you would like to learn more about how we can do this, or have questions about the claims process you need answered, call our claims team on 0800 073 8802.
How To Claim Compensation With A No Win No Fee Solicitor
We see the term No Win No Fee everywhere these days. On the television, on advertising billboards, and on the pages of magazines and newspapers. But none of these advertisements explain exactly what it means to use a No Win No Fee solicitor. We will do this below.
When a solicitor agrees to handle your claim without charging any fees until the claim has reached a resolution, this is known as a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA). Under a CFA, the fee is entirely conditional on the claimant receiving compensation. This means that if the claim doesn’t result in a compensation settlement, you do not pay any of your solicitor’s fees. When the claim is successful, a pre-agreed percentage of the total compensation received will be automatically taken from any compensation payment received on your behalf, by the solicitor.
If you would like to learn more about how a CFA works, just reach out to our claims team on the number at the bottom of this page and they will explain everything to you. You can also click here to read a more detailed guide.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim
- Claim Compensation For A Road Traffic Accident In West Bridgford
- What Is A Medical Negligence Claim And Could I Make One?
- West Bridgford Work Accident Compensation Claims
- No Win No Fee Claims For An Accident On Holiday Abroad
- How To Claim Criminal Injury Compensation Claims
- More Types Of Accident Or Injury Claims
- Compensation For Pension Or Other Financial Service Mis Selling
- Tenancy Deposit Scheme Compensation Claims
- West Bridgford Housing Disrepair Compensation Claims
- Contact Us To Start A Claim
- Service Providers Covering West Bridgford
Claim Compensation For A Road Traffic Accident In West Bridgford
If you suffer injuries as the victim of a road traffic accident in West Bridgford, you may have grounds to claim for the harm you suffered. This applies equally to all road users including drivers, cyclists, pedestrians, passengers, motorcyclists, and even horse riders. For example:
- A horse rider is crossing at a level crossing and the barrier drops too quickly, because it is faulty. This causes a traumatic head injury to the person riding the horse and also injures the horse.
- A West Bridgford car accident is caused by a speeding driver who did not see the car pulling out of a side road in front of them. The driver of the car pulling out suffers whiplash in the collision.
- A crash in West Bridgford is caused by a lorry driver falling asleep at the wheel, and colliding with a bus that is pulling away from a bus stop. Several passengers are injured in the collision.
Despite the fact that the number of road traffic accidents in the UK decreased by 6% between 2017 and 2018, they are still a very common kind of accident that solicitors can help with. When it comes to claiming for a road traffic accident how much compensation the victim receives will depend on the severity of the injuries they suffer. To discuss your circumstances further call our claims team today.
What Is A Medical Negligence Claim And Could I Make One?
A personal injury solicitor can help victims of clinical negligence to make a claim for compensation. Unfortunately, despite the best efforts of both private healthcare companies and the National Health Service (NHS), negligence in the part of a medical professional is still a fairly common occurrence in the UK. Part of the answer to the question, what is a medical negligence claim? is that in order for a claim to be potentially valid, the following needs to be true:
- The medical professional or healthcare facility had a clear duty of care towards the patient that came to harm.
- This duty of care was not fulfilled, and was, at least partially, the cause of the harm the patient suffered.
- The harm could have been avoided had alternative actions been taken.
It is down to the claimant to prove this holds true in their own circumstances, and that negligence did, in fact, take place. If this can be done, then one of our panel of solicitors could be able to assist you in gaining compensation for the harm you suffered due to medical negligence.
West Bridgford Work Accident Compensation Claims
In the UK, every employer is expected to take steps to proactively identify and mitigate risks that could result in a work accident. This process is enforced by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). The HSE can and does take punitive action against companies that fail in their regulatory obligations to maintain a safe workplace.
Therefore, if you are injured in a workplace accident in West Bridgford, and it is proven that your employer was the root cause of the accident, we could be able to help you to make a claim. Speak to one of our claim advisors today to proceed with a work-related accident or injury claim.
No Win No Fee Claims For An Accident On Holiday Abroad
If you come to harm in an accident on holiday abroad or whilst you are in transit, you may be able to claim when you return to the UK after your holiday. There are three possible scenarios here:
- The claim will be made against and airline under the Montreal Convention, due to the accident taking place whilst the plane was flying outside of any national jurisdiction.
- The claim will be made against a UK based travel vendor, as the victim was harmed while on a package holiday booked and paid for in the UK.
- The claim will be made against the individual travel provider responsible for harming the victim, as the claimant booked their holiday themselves from multiple sources.
How To Claim Criminal Injury Compensation Claims
Criminal injuries include those that are caused by a violent crime (physical assault, mugging, aggravated burglary, etc.) and also sexually driven crimes (rape, sexual assault, sexual abuse, etc.)
You may be wondering how to claim for criminal injury compensation. This process is different to the process of personal injury compensation, being that such a claim is made through the government approved scheme known as the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA). CICA provides a way for victims of violent crimes to make a compensation claim when no other route to securing a settlement exists
More Types Of Accident Or Injury Claims
Although we have already gone over some of the more frequently made kinds of claims in this guide, any time you are injured in an accident that was not your fault, you may have a valid basis for a claim. For example:
- You visit your local fast food restaurant. The salad had been contaminated by some form of waterborne bacteria and you come down with food poisoning.
- You trip over a laptop power cable at the council run library, that has been left running across the floor, and you sprain your wrist.
These all demonstrate how a member of the public can come to harm in a way that a third party was responsible for causing. If you believe that you have been injured through no fault of your own, please
Compensation For Pension Or Other Financial Service Mis Selling
In 2016, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) helped the government to draft new legislation that aims to ensure that all financial products are sold in an ethical manner. These rules include:
- A financial advisor must always divulge their level of experience in selling the products they are recommending.
- The client must always be informed that it could be possible that better products are available.
- All financial risks must be divulged before the sale is made.
- The financial advisor must question the client about their lifestyle habits and health, and use this information to recommend products that suit the client’s needs.
- The client must be given the best financial advice for them, even if this results in the financial advisor not making a sale.
If you have been sold a pension as these rules were not followed and you have suffered some form of financial loss then you could be able to claim compensation for pension mis-selling. The same applies to products such as annuities and Payment Protection Insurance (PPI). If you believe that you have been the victim of financial mis selling, please contact our claims team, they will be able to help you further.
Tenancy Deposit Scheme Compensation Claims
Your tenancy deposit does not belong to your landlord. It belongs to you unless the landlord can prove that there is some legal reasons why they should keep it. For example, you damaged the rental property before you moved out. There are certain rules related to the way a landlord must handle a deposit, and these include:
- Within 30 days of you paying the deposit to your landlord, it must be financially protected. This is done by using a special deposit protection scheme or some other form of fenced account.
- Your deposit must continue to be protected throughout the entire time that you are a tenant.
- Your deposit must be returned to you within 10 working days of your tenancy being terminated, and it must be returned in full. The landlord cannot withhold the deposit in part or in full without just cause.
If you have been trying to get your deposit back from a landlord with little success, we could be able to help you to claim tenancy deposit scheme compensation. Speak to one of our claim advisors today to learn more about this.
West Bridgford Housing Disrepair Compensation Claims
Your landlord is tasked with keeping certain features of a rental property in good repair. When they do not, you should follow the housing disrepair complaints procedure to report the disrepair in the hopes that the landlord will make the needed repairs. If this doesn’t work, it could be possible for you to claim for housing disrepair compensation. For example:
- Mould growing in a bathroom causes a member of the household to become ill.
- Faulty electrical wiring or electrical fittings cause a member of the household to suffer an electric shock.
- A leaking roof allows water to come into contact with electrical appliances such as a TV or laptop, destroying them.
In these examples, we can see how both physical harm (illness or injury), as well as financial loss, can be a valid basis for making a housing disrepair claim. If you explain your situation to a member of our claims team, they will let you know whether your claim is valid, and how our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering West Bridgeford could help you.
Contact Us To Start A Claim
Do you have valid grounds to make a claim for compensation? Or perhaps you have questions you need to be answered before you decide to make a claim or not? Use the steps below to get the help you require.
Get In Touch With Us
Discuss Your Situation
A claim advisor will answer any questions you have, and also explain how a solicitor can process a claim for you. They will also give you advice on how your claim can be valued, even if you already used a personal injury claims calculator.
Manage Your Claim And Stay Up-To-Date
If our claim advisors think you have a valid claim, they can then arrange for one of our panel of solicitors to start working on your claim for you. The solicitor will keep you updated every step of the way.
Service Providers Covering West Bridgford
If you live in West Bridgford and are considering making a claim, you may find this local information to be useful.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering West Bridgford
In order to make a claim for personal injury, you are required to undergo an independent medical assessment with a doctor. We work with a panel of doctors local to West Bridgford such as;
|Sohail Rehman||The Bay Therapy Centre|
|21 Trent Boulevard|
|Afshan Jahanzeb||21 The Baytree Therapy|
Lings Bar Hospital
Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
City Hospital campus
Rushcliffe Borough Council
Written by MC.
Edited by CE.