West Yorkshire No Win No Fee Solicitors – Compensation Claims Compare And Review Guide

No Win No Fee Solicitors West Yorkshire

No Win No Fee Solicitors West Yorkshire

It’s an unfortunate fact that other people’s negligence can cause you to suffer. We believe that if that happens, you should be able to use a no win no fee solicitor to claim compensation from them. In this guide, we are specifically looking at no win no fee solicitors covering West Yorkshire and the types of claim they can help with. We’ll cover personal injury claims, accidents on West Yorkshire roads and a workplace accident in West Yorkshire amongst others.

Here at No Win No Fee Expert, we have a team of specialist advisors who offer free advice and a no obligation assessment of any claim. Furthermore, as we’re a nationwide service, our panel of solicitors can cover claims in West Yorkshire on a no win no fee basis. To discuss your claim right away, you can call us on 0800 073 8802.

If you would rather find out more about the types of claim we could help you begin, please carry on reading.

No Win No Fee Claims – Is There A Catch?

The first thing to say here is there’s no catch when using our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering West Yorkshire. If after assessing your claim, they decide to help you, then you’ll only pay the solicitor’s fees if you are awarded compensation.

To assess your claim, the solicitor will need to see that:

  • You have been made to suffer;
  • By somebody who owed you a duty of care;
  • And it was negligence that led to your suffering.

If the solicitor decides to take on your claim, you’ll both sign a contract called a conditional fee agreement (CFA). This piece of paperwork confirms that the solicitor’s fees are only payable if you receive compensation. When you do, the CFA will also explain about success fees. The success fee is how you cover the solicitor’s fees. They’re automatically deducted from your compensation and by law can’t be any more than 25%.

Also, before you proceed, the solicitor will need to check your claim is made on time. There is a personal injury claims time limit of 3-years. For other types of claim, this can vary. We’ll try to explain this throughout the guide but please call if you’re unsure how long you have to make a claim.

Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim

No Win No Fee West Yorkshire Road Accident Claims

Any form of road accident could lead to a compensation claim if it was caused by another road user. You could claim for a car accident, a bike accident and also a motorbike accident in West Yorkshire. Whatever type of accident it is, there a number of common injuries that you may wish to claim for. These include:

  • Neck injuries and whiplash.
  • Broken bones.
  • Cuts, bruises and abrasions.
  • Ligament damage.
  • Head injuries.
  • Back injuries.

To be able to claim, you’ll need some evidence to help prove what happened. Therefore, we recommend that you try to:

  • Photograph the scene of the accident before any vehicles are removed.
  • Ask witnesses for a statement.
  • Attend your local GP or A&E for treatment. As a result, any medical records could be used as evidence of your injuries.
  • Obtain any dashcam footage if possible.

Negligent Medical Malpractice No Win No Fee Claims

When you’re treated by a medical professional, if they injure you or make you ill because of a negligent act, you could claim for medical negligence. These types of claim are possible against the NHS as well as private companies and can be made for negligence in medical or cosmetic treatments.

Some examples of negligent medical malpractice include:

  • Pain caused by anaesthetic errors.
  • Illnesses caused by hospital superbugs.
  • Avoidable injuries during childbirth.
  • Suffering caused by medication errors.
  • Negligence during cosmetic, medical or dental surgery causing avoidable injuries.
  • Care home negligence leading to broken bones, bedsores or other injuries.

Our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering West Yorkshire can help with medical negligence claims so please get in touch to discuss your circumstances.

West Yorkshire Workplace Injury Claims

You might not know but you could make a workplace injury claim in the UK if your employer breaches their duty of care and causes you to become injured. According to the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, employers need to try and keep staff safe while at work where possible.

They can reduce risks by:

  • Performing regular risk assessments and making any necessary changes.
  • Training staff properly.
  • Ensuring everyone is aware of the health and safety policy.
  • Maintaining equipment and machinery to the manufacturer’s guidelines.
  • Providing protective equipment where necessary.

If you’ve been injured at work because one of the above didn’t happen, you could be entitled to claim compensation.

No Win No Fee Holiday Compensation Solicitors

Being injured abroad is never nice. It can ruin your holiday and cause problems when you return to the UK. Therefore, you might want to consider using holiday compensation solicitors to help you make a claim.

The types of claim you might want to make include those for:

  • Cruise ship accidents.
  • Food poisoning.
  • Injuries while on excursions.
  • Hotel accidents.
  • Hire car or airport transfer collisions.
  • Airport or flight accidents.

If you’ve booked your holiday using a UK based package holiday provider, you could claim against them if the accident happened while using one of their services. Usually, you’d get 3-years to do so. Otherwise, claims can be made against the person responsible but time limit can vary based on the country you were injured in.

Claims With The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority

There is a government scheme, called the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) which makes it possible to claim compensation for injuries caused by violent crimes.

Our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering West Yorkshire could help you make a CICA claim. There are however some differences to normal personal injury claims, these include:

  • A 2-year time limit (although this can be extended in certain circumstances).
  • Crimes have to have been reported to the police.
  • Where multiple injuries are claimed for, only the most severe will receive 100% compensation.

If you’d like help making a CICA claim, please call an advisor today.

Other Circumstances In Which You Could Claim

Before we move on to other types of claim you could make, here are a few more that a personal injury lawyer could help with:

  • Accident claims for children can be made by parents before the child turns 18. If no claim is made, the victim has 3-years from their 18th birthday to claim themselves.
  • Slip, trip or fall claims are sometimes possible if the accident was caused by negligence such as leaks or spillages that haven’t been cleared, trailing cables or uneven paving slabs.
  • Accidents in public places could also lead to a claim. They could be against the local authority or business responsible for places like parks, train stations or shopping centres if they caused the accident to happen.

Pension Annuity Mis Selling Compensation Claims

When you buy products like pensions, mortgages, investments and annuities, the advisor who sells them has to follow rules from the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). If they don’t, and you lose money as a result, you could seek compensation from them for your losses. Some of the rules that you should look out for include:

  • Making sure you know about all of the terms and conditions.
  • Ensuring you have a range of products to choose from, not just one or two.
  • Making sure any fees or charges are explained.
  • Taking account of your lifestyle or previous health before recommending a product.
  • Not pressuring you into making a choice.

If you’d like to discuss a pension or annuity mis-selling claim, please call today.

West Yorkshire Tenancy Deposit Compensation Claims

When you rent a property from a private landlord, the council or a housing association, they are obliged to follow rules regarding Tenancy Deposit Schemes (TDS).

If they don’t you might be able to claim against them. The rules include:

  • Paying a deposit into a TDS within 30 days of receiving it.
  • Ensuring the tenant is told within 30 days which scheme has been used.
  • Not taking the funds out of the TDS before the tenancy ends.

To discuss tenancy deposit compensation claims, call our advisors today, for free.

What Is A Housing Disrepair Claim?

Your landlord will have a duty of care or contractual obligation to keep their property maintained and habitable. If they’re made aware of a fault but don’t repair it which causes you to become ill or injured, you could make a housing disrepair claim against them. Also, you could seek compensation if the problem causes damage to your belongings.

The types of fault that could lead to a claim include:

  • Broken heating or hot water supplies.
  • Blocked drains.
  • Leaking roofs or pipes.
  • Structural defects.
  • Fire or electrical risks.
  • Damp or mould.

If you’d like to find out whether you have a valid housing disrepair claim, please call a specialist advisor for more information.

How To Claim Compensation

Hopefully, you’re now ready to begin a compensation claim with No Win No Fee Expert. If that’s the case, you can either contact us on 0800 073 8802 or we can call you if you complete our enquiry form. For all claims, we’ll follow this process:

Get In Touch With Us

We’ll start the claims process when you get in touch.

Discuss Your Situation

A member of our team will listen to what’s happened and assess your evidence. They could introduce you to one of our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering West Yorkshire at this point.

Manage Your Claim And Stay Up To Date

If they take on your claim, the solicitor will provide expert advice throughout and also keep you up to date as the claim progresses.

West Yorkshire Area Resources

During some no win no fee claims, you’ll need to contact the police, a local authority or a hospital to report something or to request information. Therefore, we’ve provided some useful contact details below.

Our Panel Of Doctors Covering West Yorkshire

A really important part of a personal injury claim is a medical assessment. These are performed by independent doctors. We have a panel of doctors across the UK meaning your solicitor should be able to arrange one locally to avoid too much travelling. Here some of the doctors covering West Yorkshire.

Mohammed AhmadLeeds Physiotherapy Clinic,
Park Square North,
Leeds, LS1 2NY.
David PontefractWellfield House,
New Hey Road,
Huddersfield, HD3 4AL.
Ayaz AbassiVicar Lane,
Bradford, BD1 5LD

During your appointment, your doctor will assess you and also ask you some questions. Then they’ll produce a report for your personal injury solicitor which will be used to help calculate how much compensation you’ll claim. The report will explain how your injuries affected you and also the severity of the injuries. Finally, it will explain whether you might suffer in the future due to your injuries.

Pinderfields General Hospital

If you need to contact the main hospital in West Yorkshire because you need medical records, here are the details you’ll need:

Pinderfields General Hospital,
Aberford Road,
Wakefield, WF1 4DG.
Web: www.midyorks.nhs.uk

The Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Here are the details for the local NHS trust:

The Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust.
Trust Headquarters,
Aberford Road,
West Yorkshire, WF1 4DG.

West Yorkshire Combined Authority

Should you need to contact the local council because you need to report an incident, here are their details:

West Yorkshire Combined Authority,
Wellington House,
40-50 Wellington Street,
Leeds, LS1 2DE.
Web: www.westyorks-ca.gov.uk

West Yorkshire Police

If you need to get in touch with the police during your claim, here are the relevant details:

West Yorkshire Police Headquarters,
PO Box 9,
WF1 3QP.

Written by BT.

Edited by CE.