In this online guide to using a No Win No Fee solicitor to help you make a claim for compensation, we will cover some of the most common kinds of claims people make, and why you could be eligible, in similar circumstances to make a claim. You must be within the claims time limit that applies to your situation if you are unsure though, our team can tell you which time limit will apply in your own case.
Our team can also answer any questions that you have about the claims process, and provide you with more detailed information if required. We can also connect you to one of our panel of No Win No Fee solicitors covering Ashford to assist you in making your claim. Call today on 0800 073 8802 to proceed with your claim.
What Is A Conditional Fee Agreement?
Although our panel of solicitors are not based in Ashford they are still able to cover the area easily. Before we can connect you to then though, it is important that you understand exactly what No Win No Fee means. The proper name for this kind of deal is a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA).
Under a CFA, there is no charge when the solicitor starts working on and processing your claim. The solicitor will also value your claim for you using the independent medical report and other evidence that you may have supplied. The solicitor will then move on to process your claim, and there will be no charge while they do this either. Once the claim has been resolved, if the outcome is unsuccessful, then there is still no legal fee to pay. You only pay your legal costs once the solicitor has received a settlement figure on your behalf. Your solicitor will then take their pre-arranged fee out of the compensation before forwarding the remaining amount to you.
If you want to know more about how this legal process works, please talk to our claims team using the phone number near the end of this guide. You may also like to read our more in depth guide to CFA’s by clicking here.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim
- No Win No Fee Ashford Car Accident Compensation
- No Win No Fee Claims With Medical Negligence Lawyers
- I Had An Injury At Work, What Can I Claim?
- Holiday And Accident Abroad Compensation Claims
- Criminal Injury Compensation And CICA Claims
- More Accident And Injuries Claims You Could Make
- Claim If Mis Sold A Financial Product
- No Win No Fee Rent Deposit Dispute Claims
- Tenant Claims For A Flat Or House In Disrepair
- Make Your Claim With A Solicitor Covering Ashford
- Helpful Information For Claimants In Ashford
No Win No Fee Ashford Car Accident Compensation
Each year, the Department of Transport publishes a report related to Road Traffic Accidents (RTA’s) in the UK. This report for 2018 shows that there was a total of 160,597 casualties caused by RTA’s alone. Any of these injuries that were caused by the actions of another road user, could have potentially been the basis of a claim for car accident compensation. Road traffic accidents can be caused by many hazards, such as:
- A driver who is speeding, cannot stop in time to avoid hitting a pedestrian that is crossing at a zebra crossing, causing serious injuries to the pedestrian.
- A car with faulty brakes fails to stop in time to avoid shunting the car in front at a junction, causing a case of whiplash for the driver whose car they hit.
- After heavy rain, a motorcyclist hits a pothole in the road that had been created by floodwater. The motorcyclist crashes, fracturing their pelvis.
The examples all show how the actions of a third party, another road user or some other legal entity such as the local authority, can cause accidents and harm road users. In each case, it could have been possible for the injured party to make a claim for the harm they suffered. Please call our claims team to learn how our panel of solicitors can help you to claim for injuries that you sustained in an RTA that was not your fault.
No Win No Fee Claims With Medical Negligence Lawyers
Medical negligence lawyers specialise in helping patients who have been harmed during treatment, to make a compensation claim. Every healthcare facility in the UK is required to ensure that patients never come to unnecessary harm whilst on the premises. Every medical professional that works at these healthcare facilities is similarly expected never to harm a patient unnecessarily. When they do, it could be that clinical negligence took place. For example:
- Whilst a patient is undergoing surgery, the anaesthetist administers too much anaesthetic, this results in an adverse reaction in the patient.
- On a busy hospital ward, a nurse becomes confused and mixes up the medication that she is dispensing to patients. This causes the health of one of the patients who were given the wrong medication to suffer.
- A GP misdiagnoses a serious medical condition such as cancer, diagnosing it as a much less serious illness. The patient’s health declines considerably due to the delay in receiving proper treatment.
Each of these examples clearly demonstrates how a mistake made by a medical professional resulted in some form of harm to a patient. The patient must be able to prove that clinical negligence occurred in order to be eligible to claim. Speak to our claims team today, and they will be able to discuss your circumstances in greater detail.
I Had An Injury At Work, What Can I Claim?
To answer the question, “I suffered an injury at work what can I claim?” If your claim is successful, you could receive damages for the physical harm you suffered, and also some of the financial losses that you endured as a result. For example, if you had to take time away for work and were not paid. Your employer is obliged to comply with all regulations laid out by the Health and Safety Executive, that relate to the sector within which it does business. As an example, a bus company must conform to all health and safety directives that relate to the public transport sector. Nonetheless, when compliance is not maintained, it can result in workplace accidents such as:
- An employee slips on ice that has been dropped on the floor of a food warehouse, resulting in a sprained ankle.
- A new employee at a supermarket hurts their back whilst lifting boxes, because they were never trained in how to lift safely.
- A person working in a concrete plant contracts a form of lung disease from inhaling concrete dust, because they were not provided with adequate safety equipment.
These examples show how employers can be harmed due to negligence, including negligence by omission, due to the actions of their employer. If you have been injured in a workplace accident, please speak to our claims team to have your claim evaluated. If it is valid, our panel of No Win No Fee solicitors can help you to make a claim for the harm you have suffered, and any financial loss the accident or injury has caused you.
Holiday And Accident Abroad Compensation Claims
If you are injured or become ill while on holiday, and it can be proven that a third party was the cause of the harm you suffered, then you could be eligible to make a claim. You may also be able to claim for cancelled or delayed flights. As examples:
- If you are scalded by a hot drink spilt on you by a member of the cabin crew while on a plane flight, you could be able to make a No Win No Fee airline claim under the Montreal Convention.
- If you come down with some form of waterborne illness after swimming in a contaminated pool at your hotel, you could be able to claim against the hotel operator.
- If you suffer an injury whilst enjoying water sports on holiday, and it was faulty equipment that you hired that caused the accident, you could be able to claim against the hire firm.
- If you are on a package holiday, and you are injured at the hotel that was included in the price of the holiday, or whilst travelling on inclusive transport, then you could be able to claim against the UK package holiday vendor.
Criminal Injury Compensation And CICA Claims
One of our panel of No Win No Fee solicitors covering Ashford claims could be able to help you to make a claim if you have been the victim of a violent crime such as a mugging, threats of violence or assault, etc. The same is true for victims of sexually-orientated crimes such as sexual assault, rape, or long-term molestation.
In the case of violent crimes when no route to claiming compensation is available (such as the perpetrator is unknown), then your solicitor will make a claim through a special UK Government-run body knows as the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA).
More Accident And Injuries Claims You Could Make
The sections above covered some of the more frequently made kinds of personal injury claims. However, the simple fact is, that any time a person is harmed or becomes ill due to the actions of a third party, a valid cause to make a personal injury claim may exist. For example:
- Whilst walking down a public street, you trip over a broken paving slab and break your wrist.
- After eating at a fast-food outlet, you come down with a food-related illness.
- Due to a negligent lack of supervision, your child is injured while on a school trip.
- A faulty elevator door closes too quickly, and your arm is caught in it, causing cuts and bruising.
Each of these examples demonstrates how a third party failed to mitigate a hazard, and this hazard resulted in harm to a member of the public in some way. In each case, it could have been possible for the injured party to make a claim. Call our claims team and explain how you have been harmed and we will confirm if you could be eligible to make a claim.
Claim If Mis Sold A Financial Product
Mis sold financial products that you could be able to make a claim for include pensions (such as Self-Invested Pensions Plans), pension annuities, and also some forms of insurance such as PPI (Payment Protection Insurance). Every financial advisor has to comply with a whole host of rules that are in place to ensure financial products are sold in an ethical manner.
If you suffer financial loss having been mis sold a financial product, and if it can be proven that the financial advisors failed to meet regulatory standards when they sold you the product, you may have the basis of a financial mis selling claim. Speak to our claims team to learn more about how we can help you claim for a financial loss caused by mis selling.
No Win No Fee Rent Deposit Dispute Claims
Your landlord has to follow all of the regulations that relate to rental deposits. If they don’t and you either lose your deposit or your landlord refuses to return your deposit for no legal reason, you could be able to make a claim.
Your landlord can’t keep your deposit unless you have broken the terms of your tenancy. They must also financially protect your deposit within 30 days of receiving it and keep it protected for the entire term of your tenancy. If you are struggling to get your deposit back from your landlord, call our claims team, as we may be able to help you.
Tenant Claims For A Flat Or House In Disrepair
If you live in a rental property such as a flat or house in disrepair, you can follow the official housing disrepair complaints procedure to try and get the disrepair fixed. If this process doesn’t work for you, then you may have grounds to make a claim if:
- You have suffered a physical injury or an illness due to the disrepair.
- Your possessions have been damaged, or you have lost out financially due to the disrepair.
In either case, you can call our claims team and explain your situation to them. They will then let you know if they think you have a valid claim, and tell you how our panel of No Win No Fee Solicitors could be of service.
Make Your Claim With A Solicitor Covering Ashford
Whether you need some advice to work out whether you have a valid claim, or firmly believe you do already, please follow the simple steps below to get the help you need.
Get in touch with us
If you think you need help with a claim in Ashford, Kent, speak to one of our claim advisors on 0800 073 8802 today. You can also fill in our online enquiry form. They will evaluate your claim for you, and let you know whether we can help you.
Discuss your situation
Our claim advisor will go over all aspects of your claim with you, and tell you about the options you have for making a claim. If you agree, we can connect you to a solicitor from our panel to work with you on your claim.
Manage your claim and stay up-to-date
A solicitor will help you prepare for your claim, and value it for you, before moving on to process the claim. The solicitor will be available to answer any questions you have about what they have been doing for you as they process the claim.
Helpful Information For Claimants In Ashford
The sections below provide more information and some contact details that could be useful to claimants in Ashford in Kent.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Ashford
We work with a panel of doctors local to Ashford including;
|Soran Saeed||Julie Rose Stadium|
|Abhinav Gulihar||The Charing Practice|
|1 Surgery Close, Charing|
Ashford And St Peter’s Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
St Peters Hospital
Ashford Borough Council
Written by MC.
Edited by CE.