Barrow-in-Furness No Win No Fee Solicitors – Compensation Claims Compare And Review Guide

No Win No Fee Solicitors Barrow-in-Furness

No Win No Fee Solicitors Barrow-in-Furness

Are you looking for a no win no fee solicitor to help make a compensation claim and do you know what type of claims are possible? In this guide, we’re going to look specifically at claims that no win no fee solicitors covering Barrow-in-Furness could help you with. Perhaps you’ve been involved in an road traffic accident in Barrow-in-Furness or maybe you want to make a work injury claim, or you might want to claim because you were injured on holiday. Whatever the reason, if you’ve been caused to suffer because somebody else was negligent, you might be able to make a no win no fee claim.

Here at No Win No Fee Expert, we have a panel of solicitors who can handle Barrow-in-Furness cases and who could help you with all sorts of compensation claim. We also have a team of specialist advisors who can assess your claim for free.

If you’d like to start your claim right away, why not give us a call on 0800 073 8802. Alternatively, if you’d like to find out more about how we could help you, please continue reading.

Making A No Win No Fee Compensation Claim

When you and your no win no fee solicitor are happy that you have a valid claim and both parties want to proceed, you’ll sign a contract which is known as a  Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA). This document makes it clear that you don’t have to pay your solicitor up front and you won’t need to pay your solicitors’ fees if they fail to win your case.

The only time you will have to pay your solicitors for their fees is if they win compensation for you. If that happens, a success fee (which is detailed in the CFA), will be deducted from your final settlement amount. Success fees can be no more than 25% of your compensation.

The solicitor will have their own criteria for which cases they’ll take on but generally you’ll need to demonstrate that somebody who owed you a duty of care was negligent, and their negligence caused you to suffer.

You’ll also need to ensure your claim is made within the relevant time limit. We’ll explain these throughout the guide where possible but as an example, the personal injury claims time limit is usually 3-years from the date of the accident or from when injuries were diagnosed.

Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim

No Win No Fee Car Accident In Barrow-in-Furness Claims

During a road traffic accident, there are a number of common injuries which could lead to a claim for personal injury. These include:

  • Broken bones.
  • Sprains, bruising and soft tissue damage.
  • Back injuries.
  • Neck injuries including whiplash.
  • Head injuries.

A personal injury solicitor could be used to make a claim on your behalf for any injuries if the accident was caused by another road user.

If you’ve been involved in a car or motorbike accident in Barrow-in-Furness or any other type of road traffic accident, try to gather as much evidence to support your claim before calling our advisors. Evidence we recommend includes:

  • Photographs of the scene of the accident.
  • Witness details.
  • Dashcam footage.
  • Medical records from a doctor or hospital.
  • Photographs of any injuries which are visible.

Making A No Win No Fee Medical Negligence Claim

If you’ve suffered following negligent treatment by a medical professional, you might be able to seek medical negligence compensation. These claims are possible against the NHS as well as private healthcare companies and can include cosmetic negligence as well as medical.

Making a medical negligence claim can be quite tricky and require very complex information in some cases so we always advise you have an expert solicitor with experience in medical negligence on your side.

Some of the reasons for making a medical negligence claim include:

  • Suffering caused by a misdiagnosis which meant a delay in receiving treatment.
  • Becoming ill in hospital due to superbugs like MRSA.
  • Suffering from bedsores in a care home because of a lack of movement.
  • Dental, cosmetic or medical-surgical negligence which caused injuries.
  • Anaesthetic mistakes meaning you felt pain during a procedure.
  • Incorrect medication causing side effects.
  • Avoidable injuries during childbirth.

Barrow-in-Furness Work Injury Claims

Under UK legislation, specifically the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, employers need to try and keep staff as safe as possible while at work. While it’s almost impossible to make a workplace completely risk free, employers need to take steps to reduce hazards when they’re identified.

If they fail to do so, and you’re injured as a result, you might be able to claim compensation. Some employees worry about this but it’s illegal for an employer to terminate your employment, discipline you or treat you differently because you’re making a claim. Therefore, don’t be put off from doing so.

You might be entitled to make a claim if you were injured in an accident at work caused by:

  • Unsafe working practices.
  • No training or inadequate training.
  • Broken or faulty machinery.
  • Inadequate or missing protective equipment.

I Was Injured While On Holiday, Could I Claim Compensation?

If you suffer an injury or illness while on holiday, you could use no win no fee solicitors covering Barrow-in-Furness to seek compensation when you return to the UK. Claims could be for:

  • Food poisoning.
  • Swimming pool accidents.
  • Hire car or airport transfer accidents.
  • Hotel accidents.
  • Airport of in-flight accidents.
  • Cruise ship accidents.
  • Sporting activity or excursion accidents.

When making claims for accidents while using the services provided within your package holiday, you’ll generally have a 3-year time limit. For holiday claims where you’ve booked the holiday or holiday activity independently, the time limit will vary depending on which country you were in.  Making a holiday claim can be a complex matter, but our panel of no win no fee solicitors are well versed in both UK and international law, please call to discuss how long you have to make a claim.

No Win No Fee Criminal Injury Compensation Claims

It’s sometimes possible to make a criminal injury compensation claim for injuries sustained in a violent crime against you. Ordinarily, the claim won’t be against the criminal, but you could still claim using the government scheme known as Criminal Injury Compensation Authority (CICA).

The scheme has some different rules to a personal injury claim including:

  • A sliding scale of compensation payments when you have multiple injuries (the most severe receives 100% compensation and then there are reduced payments for subsequent injuries).
  • The time limit for claiming is 2-years (but in extreme or historic cases, this could vary).
  • The crime must’ve been reported to police.

If you’d like to discuss making a criminal injury compensation claim, please call an advisor today for a free assessment.

Examples Of Other Injury Claims

We’re now going to cover some other types of claim a no win no fee solicitor could help with. Before we do, here are some more personal injury claims that could be possible.

  • Injury claims for children – These can be made by a parent on the child’s behalf at any point before they turn 18. At that point, the injured party has 3-years to begin their own claim.
  • Public place accident claims – If you’re injured in a public place, and the owner of that place was responsible, you could claim against them. This includes on footpaths and public highways, car parks, train stations and shopping centres.
  • Slips, trips and fall claims – These are one of the most common accidents that happen (including in workplaces). If you’re injured by a fall because of a slippery floor, broken handrail, raised paving slab or trailing cables, you might be able to claim.

Compensation If Mis Sold A Financial Service Or Product

It’s possible that our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Barrow-in-Furness could help you claim compensation for mis-sold financial products. That’s because there are strict rules for financial advisors selling products like pensions, investments, mortgages or annuities.

If they fail to follow the rules, and this causes you to lose out financially, you could begin a claim against them. Some reasons you might be entitled to claim include:

  • If you were only shown one or two products to choose from.
  • When the fees, charges or terms and conditions weren’t explained clearly.
  • If you were put under pressure to choose a product.
  • When the advisor didn’t investigate any health issues or your lifestyle.
  • If the advisor recommended moving money out of a workplace pension.

Mis-selling claims have varying time limits so please call to discuss how long you have to begin your claim.

Tenancy Deposit Protection Compensation Claims

The government set up Tenancy Deposit Schemes (TDS) back in 2007. They are designed to protect a tenant’s deposit and try to ensure that they’re only retained by a landlord for valid reasons.

Tenancy deposit protection compensation claims might be possible when:

  • The landlord didn’t use a TDS to protect your deposit.
  • They failed to use one or tell you which one they’d used within 30 days of receiving your deposit.
  • Or the deposit was withdrawn from a TDS before your tenancy ended.

No Win No Fee Housing Disrepair Cases

Landlords have a duty of care (and contractual obligation), to repair some faults within your property. These can include:

  • Structural defects.
  • Fire or electrical hazards.
  • Mould and damp.
  • Leaking pipes.
  • Blocked drains.
  • Broken heating or Boilers.

If they fail to repair a fault which has been identified to them, then it’s possible for housing disrepair cases to be raised against them. The usual reasons you’ll begin a claim are that the fault has caused your personal property to be damaged or because you’ve suffered an injury or an illness.

It’s possible to bring a housing disrepair claim against councils, private landlords and also housing associations.

Make Your Compensation Claim Today

We hope that now you’ve read this guide, you’d like to begin your claim with. If so, we can be contacted on 0800 073 8802. If you’d prefer that we call you, then you can arrange that by filling in this enquiry form. For all cases, we’ll use the following process to deal with your claim:

Get In Touch With Us

The most important part of your claim is getting in touch with us.

Discuss Your Situation

Then we’ll assess your chances of winning compensation in a free consultation.

Manage Your Claim And Stay Up To Date

If one of our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Barrow-in-Furness agree to take on your case, you’ll receive regular updates from them as it progresses.

Barrow-in-Furness Area Resources

In case you need to contact any local agencies during your claim, like hospitals, the police or the local authority, we’ve provided their details below.

Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Barrow-in-Furness

Your personal injury solicitor will arrange an independent medical assessment to aid your personal injury claim. Luckily, we have a panel of doctors around the UK, including in remote parts of the country which means you shouldn’t have to travel too far for an appointment. Here are some of doctors in the Barrow-in-Furness;

Ian KerssSouth Lakeland Physiotherapy,
Hartington Street,
LA14 5SR
Gerald MurrayStanley Street,
Cumbria, LA12 7BT

The appointment will include an assessment and the doctor will also ask you a number of questions. They’ll use your answers to produce a report for your solicitor. The report is a key piece of information used in a claim and it will be used to work out how much compensation the solicitor will aim to claim on your behalf.

Furness General Hospital

Here are the details for the main hospital in Barrow In Furness.

Furness General Hospital
Dalton Lane,
LA14 4LF.

University Hospitals Of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust

If case you need any information from the NHS trust that provides medical services in Barrow-in-Furness, we’ve included their details here.

University Hospitals Of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust
Trust Headquarters,
Burton Road,
LA9 7RG.

Borough Of Barrow In Furness

In cases involving the local authority serving Barrow-in-Furness, you can contact them using the following details.

Borough of Barrow in Furness Council
Town Hall,
Duke Street,
LA14, 2LD.

Cumbria Police

During your claim, if you need to contact the local police, then you can use the details below.

Cumbria Constabulary Headquarters
Carleton Hall,
Cumbria, CA10 2AU.

Written by BT.

Edited by CE.