There are times in life when it’s right to hire a no win no fee solicitor to claim compensation because somebody else has made you suffer through their negligence. In this guide we’ll explain how no win no fee solicitors covering Barry, Wales could help you claim. We’ll also explain the types of claim that you could make including claims for a mis-sold pension, compensation for a work accident and compensation for a violent crime against you.
Our panel of solicitors are not based in Barry but could handle claims in that area on a no win no fee basis. Furthermore, here at No Win No Fee Expert, our team of specialist advisors can provide free advice and a no obligation consultation for any claim. If you’re ready to discuss your claim right away, call free on 0800 073 8802.
If you’d rather find out more about how solicitors covering Barry could help you claim, please continue reading.
How Will My No Win No Fee Claim Work?
When a no win no fee solicitor takes on a claim, they have to be sure there’s a chance of winning compensation for their client. Otherwise, they risk not being paid for their work. Therefore, to be eligible to claim, you’ll usually need to show that:
- You have suffered (either financially, physically or psychologically);
- By somebody else’s negligence;
- And that person owed you some form of duty of care.
If the solicitor agrees you have a valid claim, you’ll both sign a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA). The CFA explains clearly that there are no solicitor’s fees to pay unless you receive compensation. If your case is won, the CFA will detail what ‘success fee’ you’ll pay to cover the solicitor’s work.
Success fees are a fixed percentage of your compensation, limited to 25%, which is deducted before you receive your payment.
Another consideration you’ll need to be aware of prior to a claim is that there are time limits for doing so. Here are some general examples:
- Criminal injury claims (CICA): 2 years.
- Personal injury claims time limit: 3 years.
- Package holiday accident claims: 3 years.
Other claims such as financial mis-selling have varying time limits. If you’re unsure whether you’ll be able to claim, please call our team for free legal advice.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim
- Barry Car Accident Compensation Claims
- Medical Negligence Solicitors Covering Barry, Wales
- Claim Compensation For A Work Accident In Barry
- Claim Compensation If Injured On Holiday
- Claim Compensation For A Violent Crime
- More Personal Injury Claims People Could Make
- Claim Compensation For Mis Sold Pensions And Annuities
- Tenancy Deposit Compensation Claims
- Rented Accommodation Disrepair Damages Claims
- How To Contact Our Team
- Services Covering Barry In Wales
Barry Car Accident Compensation Claims
If you’re involved in a car accident, there’s a chance you could claim compensation if it was caused by another road users’ negligence. To help make it easier to prove what happened, you’ll need to gather some evidence to support your claim. If possible, try to:
- Photograph the scene of the accident before vehicles are removed.
- Get the other driver’s details.
- Visit Barry accident and emergency or your GP for treatment.
- Get details of any witnesses to the accident.
- See if there is any dashcam footage available.
Our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Barry, Wales can help with personal injury claims for a number of different injuries including:
- Broken or fractured bones.
- Severe cuts and bruising.
- Ligament or tendon damage.
- Head injuries.
- Whiplash injuries.
- Back injuries.
Medical Negligence Solicitors Covering Barry, Wales
Following treatment from a medical professional, if you’re left with an injury, are made ill or your existing condition is made worse, you might be able to claim for medical negligence compensation.
The types of negligence which might lead to a claim of this nature include:
- Cancer misdiagnosis (or other illnesses) which cause the condition to get worse because of a lack of treatment.
- Suffering caused by medication errors.
- Pain during any form of treatment due to an anaesthetic error.
- Avoidable injuries sustained during childbirth (for mother or baby).
- Surgical negligence causing avoidable injuries (dental, cosmetic or medical).
- Illnesses in hospitals caused by super bugs.
Claims of this nature can become complex and require expert medical advice. Luckily, our panel of medical negligence solicitors covering Wales have the experience and knowledge to be able to help you. If you’d like to discuss your circumstances in further detail, please call today.
Claim Compensation For A Work Accident In Barry
Did you know that your employer has a duty of care to keep you safe and well while at work? The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 places an onus on business owners to assess their workplace regularly and reduce any risks where possible by making the relevant changes.
Therefore, you might be able to make a claim if you have been involved in an accident at work which was caused by:
- Inadequate training for you or a colleague who caused your accident to happen.
- No knowledge of the company health and safety procedures.
- Unmaintained or faulty equipment.
- Insufficient personal protective equipment (PPE).
If you are worried that you might be disciplined or sacked for beginning a claim, don’t worry. It’s illegal for employers to take action against you for claiming. Therefore, please call to discuss claiming the compensation you might be entitled to.
Claim Compensation If Injured On Holiday
When an accident happens abroad, the costs involved with arranging treatment or re-arranging travel plans can become quite expensive. While you might be able to claim these costs back through your holiday insurance, you could be able to make a compensation claim for your injuries using one of our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Barry, Wales when you return home.
Some potential holiday claims include:
- Hotel accident claims.
- Hire car or hotel transfer accident claims.
- Airport or inflight accident claims.
- Food poisoning claims.
- Accidents during an excursion or activity claims.
- Cruise ship claims.
If you were injured while using a service provided by a UK-based package holiday provider, the time limit for claiming should be 3-years. Holidays booked independently could have a reduced time limit depending on which country you were holidaying in.
Claim Compensation For A Violent Crime
If you were injured because a violent crime was committed against you, a solicitor wouldn’t usually claim against the criminal. Instead, a claim could be made against the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA). They are a government body and are able to make compensation payments for psychological or physical injuries caused by crime.
There is a 2-year time limit for claiming from the CICA scheme but in some circumstances, such as historical sex offences, this could be extended. To be able to claim, you’ll need to have a reference number from the police to prove you reported it to them.
CICA compensates based on the severity of your injuries. In a successful claim, the most severe injury will receive 100% compensation, the next most severe, 30% for the next most severe and then 15% for the third injury.
More Personal Injury Claims People Could Make
Here, in brief, are some further personal injury claims you could make:
- Slip, trip and fall claims – caused by negligence such as slippery floors with no warning signs.
- Children’s accident claims – parents can claim on their behalf up until they are 18. Please call for advice.
- Public accidents – accidents in places like parks, car parks or shopping centres could result in a claim against the local authority or business that owns the place if they were negligent and caused the accident to happen.
Claim Compensation For Mis Sold Pensions And Annuities
Mis sold pension annuities, investments or mortgages (and some other financial products), could lead to a compensation claim if the Financial Conduct Authority’s rules were breached and you lost out financially.
You could claim if you lost out financially and the financial advisor failed to:
- Assess your health and lifestyle before recommending a product.
- Offer you a good range of products to choose from.
- Explain the terms and conditions properly.
- Tell you about the ongoing fees and charges linked to the product.
Tenancy Deposit Compensation Claims
Since 2007, all landlords have been required to use Tenancy Deposit Schemes (TDS). These are designed to help tenants from losing their security deposits unfairly. Any private landlord, council or housing association could be claimed against if:
- Your deposit wasn’t put into a TDS within 30 days of receipt.
- You weren’t told which TDS had been used (in writing and within 30 days).
- The money was removed from the TDS early i.e. before the end of your tenancy agreement.
Rented Accommodation Disrepair Damages Claims
Our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Barry, Wales, could also help you make a property disrepair claim. These are possible when your landlord is made of aware of a problem which they have a duty of care or contractual obligation to fix but fail to do so and it causes you to become ill, injured or to lose out financially.
The types of damage that could lead to a compensation claim include:
- Electrical or fire risks.
- Leaking pipes or roofs.
- Structural defects.
- Damp or mould.
- Blocked drainage systems.
- Broken hot water or heating supplies.
You could also make a claim if the housing disrepair causes your personal belongings to become damaged. Try to keep hold of any evidence that you’ve reported the fault such as text messages or emails you’ve sent to the landlord.
How To Contact Our Team
If you’re ready to begin your claim today, you can contact us on 0800 073 8802 or we can call you at a convenient time if you fill in this online enquiry form. For all claims, we’ll use the process below:
Get In Touch With Us
To start your claim, call our team of friendly advisors.
Discuss Your Situation
We’ll assess your claim for free. We could then introduce you to one of our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Barry, Wales.
Manage Your Claim And Stay Up To Date
Services Covering Barry In Wales
When you make a no win no fee claim, you’ll probably need to contact a number of services such as doctors, hospitals or the police. To help save some time, we’ve listed a few of the services in the Barry area below.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Barry, Wales
When you make a personal injury claim, one thing that has to be done is a medical assessment by an independent doctor. We have a panel of doctors based all over the UK. Here is a sample of some doctors local to Barry:
|Simon Wearne||Parkwood Chiropractic,
Cardiff, CF11 9PG.
|Don Grant||Health & Sports Physiotherapy,
Llanishen, Cardiff, CF14 5QP.
|Julian Sweetman||Mackintosh House,
Cardiff, CF24 0EB.
When you attend your appointment, the doctor will assess you and ask questions to find out how your injuries affected you. They’ll then produce a report for your personal injury lawyer which they’ll use to help work out how much compensation you could be entitled to.
The report will contain information about your injuries, what impact they had on your life and if there will be any ongoing impact.
Barry Community Hospital
Here are the contact details for the main hospital in Barry:
Barry Community Hospital,
Barry, CF62 8YH.
Cardiff And Vale University Health Board
Should you require any information from the local NHS health board, here are their details:
Cardiff And Vale University Health Board.
Maes y Coed Road,
Cardiff, CF14 4HH.
Vale Of Glamorgan Council
Here are the details of the local authority which provides services in Barry:
Vale of Glamorgan Council,
Barry, CF63 4RU.
South Wales Police
Should you need to contact the police because you need to request information from them, here are their details:
South Wales Police,
Bridgend, CF31 3SU.
Written by BT.
Edited by CE.