If you are unfortunate enough to have been made to suffer because somebody else was negligent, then you might want to consider using a no win no fee solicitor to help you seek compensation. In this guide, we’re going to explain how no win no fee solicitors covering County Durham could help you claim and the type of claims they could help with. These include no win no fee claims against the council, injuries caused by a road accident in County Durham and claims for negligent medical care.
Here at No Win No Fee Expert, we have a team of specialist advisors who are happy to offer free advice as well as a no obligation assessment of any claim. To begin your claim right away, please call 0800 073 8802 today.
However, if you’d prefer to find out more about the type of no win no fee compensation claims we could help you with, please carry on reading.
How No Win No Fee Compensation Claims Work
The main reason people like to use no win no fee solicitors, we believe, is because the stress and financial risk involved with claiming is reduced. That’s because, when you’re both happy to proceed with a claim, you’ll sign a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA).
The CFA is your contract and it explicitly states that there are no solicitor’s fees to pay unless compensation is awarded. Also, it will explain that when a case is won, a success fee will be paid to cover your solicitor’s fees.
The good thing about success fees is that they are deducted from any compensation, meaning you don’t have to have the funds available to pay them. By law, a success fee can be no more than 25% of your compensation.
Before a solicitor takes on your no win no fee damages claim though, they’ll need to check there’s a chance of winning it. Otherwise, they risk not being paid. Therefore, you’ll usually be asked to demonstrate that:
- You have suffered;
- Because somebody else was negligent;
- And that person owed you a duty of care;
Also, the claim needs to be made within any relevant time limit. There’s a personal injury claims time limit of 3-years, a criminal injuries time limit of 2-years and package holiday claims have a 3-year time limit. For other types of claims, please check with an advisor as they can vary depending on the circumstances.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim
- No Win No Fee Claims For Road Accidents In County Durham
- No Win No Fee Claims For Negligent Medical Care
- No Win No Fee Accident At Work Solicitors
- No Win No Fee Holiday Accident Compensation Claims
- Criminal Injury And Assault Compensation Claims
- Examples Of Other Accident Claims
- Claim For A Mis Sold SIPP Or Pension
- No Win No Fee Tenant Deposit Protection Scheme Claims
- County Durham Housing Disrepair Claims
- How To Start A Claim
- County Durham Area Services
No Win No Fee Claims For Road Accidents In County Durham
There are many different injuries which could lead to a compensation claim if you’re involved in car accident caused by another road user. These can include:
- Broken bones.
- Severe cuts and abrasions.
- Bruising and soft tissue damage.
- Neck injuries and whiplash.
- Back injuries.
- Head injuries including concussion.
Our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering County Durham could help with these claims, but you are going to need to provide some evidence to help support your claim. Therefore, try to gather as much of the following as possible:
- Photographs of the scene of the accident before vehicles are removed.
- Witness details.
- Dashcam footage.
- Medical records following a visit to A&E or your GP.
No Win No Fee Claims For Negligent Medical Care
When a medical professional, whether they work for the NHS or privately, provides you with substandard treatment, you could be entitled to compensation if it leaves you ill or injured. That goes for negligence in medical or cosmetic treatments even if you have signed a waiver or consent form.
Some examples of claims that you could make as a result of medical negligence include:
- Anaesthetic errors causing pain during treatment.
- Negligent surgery (medical, cosmetic or dental) causing avoidable injuries.
- Suffering caused by a misdiagnosis.
- Errors with medication causing suffering.
- Injuries sustained during childbirth which were avoidable.
- Pneumonia, sepsis and other illnesses caused by super bugs in hospitals.
No Win No Fee Accident At Work Solicitors
Due to the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, employers have a duty of care to try and keep you as safe as possible while at work. As a result, employers should:
- Provide adequate training to all staff.
- Assess the workplace for risks and make changes where necessary.
- Maintain equipment to the manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Provide protective equipment.
- Make sure all staff know the company’s health and safety procedures.
If the above don’t happen and cause you to become injured, you could claim compensation from your employer. Some people don’t make a claim because they’re worried about their employer’s reaction.
However, you should be aware that it’s against the law to be treated differently, sacked or disciplined for making an honest claim. So, don’t be put off from claiming compensation you could be entitled to. Call today to find out if our panel of accident at work solicitors could help you make a claim.
No Win No Fee Holiday Accident Compensation Claims
An accident while on holiday could really ruin your trip and also cause problems for you when you return home. Therefore, if the accident was caused by somebody else, you could seek compensation from them in much the same way as an accident in County Durham.
The types of claim which might be possible include:
- Hotel accidents.
- Airport accidents.
- Food poisoning claims.
- Claims for injuries caused by excursions or sporting activities.
- Hotel transfer or hire car crashes.
- Cruise ship accidents.
You could claim against the person responsible for the accident or, if you booked your holiday through a UK package holiday provider, you might be able to claim against them using UK package holiday legislation.
Criminal Injury And Assault Compensation Claims
You might not realise it but our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering County Durham could help you claim compensation for injuries sustained in violent crime against you. Usually, the claim won’t be against the criminal but using the government’s Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA).
CICA claims are possible for physical and psychological injuries caused by crime as well as some financial losses caused by the injuries.
Examples Of Other Accident Claims
Here are a few more examples of personal injury claims you could make using our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering County Durham:
- If you are injured as a result of trip, slip or fall caused by somebody else’s mistake, you could claim against them for compensation. Examples include slippery floors with no warning signs, raised paving slabs or broken handrails.
- Also, if you’re injured in a public place like a train station, shopping centre or even in a park, you could claim against the local authority or owner if they caused your accident to happen.
- Finally, claims on behalf of children are possible by a parent at any point before the child turns 18. If you don’t claim on their behalf, they could make their own claim within 3-years of their 18th birthday.
Claim For A Mis Sold SIPP Or Pension
If you have lost money as a result of financial mis-selling, you could seek compensation from the financial advisor who sold you the product if they breached the rules set out by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
These rules include:
- Making sure you understand the terms and conditions.
- Ensuring you have a good range of products to choose from.
- Informing you of any ongoing fees or charges linked to a product.
- Considering your health and lifestyle before recommending a product.
- Not pressuring you into making a choice.
No Win No Fee Tenant Deposit Protection Scheme Claims
Any landlord who rents you a property has to use a tenancy deposit protection scheme. These were introduced by the government in 2007 to try and protect tenants from losing their deposits unfairly at the end of their lease.
The rules which must be adhered to by all landlords, including councils, private landlords and housing associations, include:
- Securing the deposit in a suitable scheme within 30 days.
- Ensuring the tenant knows which scheme has been used.
- Not withdrawing the deposit before the tenancy ends.
County Durham Housing Disrepair Claims
Finally, another type of claim our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering County Durham could help with are those for housing disrepair. If your landlord fails to repair a fault which they’re aware of and as a result, you become ill or injured, you could claim compensation from them. It’s also possible to claim if any of your personal items are damaged due to the fault.
Some of the repairs that could lead to a housing disrepair claim include:
- Damp or mould.
- Leaking pipes or roofs.
- Fire or electrical hazards.
- Blocked pipes.
- Broken heating or hot water systems.
- Structural defects.
How To Start A Claim
Get In Touch With Us
First of all, you can start the ball rolling by calling an advisor.
Discuss Your Situation
Next up, we’ll assess your claim for free. We could then introduce you to one of our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering County Durham.
Manage Your Claim And Stay Up To Date
County Durham Area Services
In our experience, you’ll probably need to contact the police, a hospital or the local council during your no win no fee claim. Therefore, to save you some time, we’ve provided some contact details below.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering County Durham
When you make a personal injury claim, you’ll need a medical assessment by an independent doctor. There is a panel of doctors located across the UK which means your solicitor should be able to arrange a local appointment. Here are some of the doctors who cover the County Durham area:
|Guy Stevenson||Old Elvet,
Durham, DH1 3JN.
|David Pontefract||Riverside Centre,
Durham, DH1 5TA.
|Summet Vohara||The Rivergreen Centre,
Durham, DH1 5TS.
First of all, the doctor will assess you and then ask you a number of questions. Then they’ll compose a report for your personal injury lawyer which will detail the injuries you sustained and their severity. Finally, the report will explain if you’re likely to have any ongoing problems because of your injuries.
Your solicitor will use the report to help calculate how much compensation you could claim. Therefore, due to the importance of the report, a medical assessment is mandatory for all personal injury claims.
University Hospital Of North Durham
Should you need to contact the main hospital in the area because you need medical records or other information, please use the following details:
University Hospital of North Durham,
Durham, DH1 5TW.
County Durham And Darlington NHS Foundation Trust
Here are the details for the local NHS trust operating in Durham:
County Durham And Darlington NHS Foundation Trust.
County Durham, DL3 6HX.
Durham County Council
If you need to contact the local council due to the fact you need to make a report to them, here are their details:
Durham County Council,
Durham, DH1 5UZ.
In case you need to contact the police because you need to request information from them, here are the details you could use:
Durham Constabulary Police Headquarters,
Durham, DH1 5TT.
Written by BT.
Edited by CE.