In this online guide, we will show you how No Win No Fee solicitors covering Maidenhead can help you to make a compensation claim. We will take a look at some of the most frequently made kinds of claim and explain how you could be eligible to make a similar claim.
If you need to find a good personal injury solicitor to make an accident claim in Maidenhead, we can help you. Our panel of solicitors covers the area. If you need information on how to start a claim, or general legal advice on the claims process, please speak to a member of our claims team on 0800 073 8802.
Eligibility To Make A No Win No Fee Claim
When we offer to provide you with one of our panel of No Win No Fee solicitors covering Maidenhead, you need to know exactly what you are buying into and how the fee structure works. The proper term for No Win No Fee is a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA). Under a CFA, you can expect that:
- Your solicitor won’t charge you any kind of upfront fee. They also won’t charge you for valuing your claim or for helping you to prepare and correlate the evidence needed to support your claim.
- Your solicitor won’t charge you to process your claim for you, even if it takes many months to achieve a resolution (successful or not).
- If your solicitor doesn’t manage to secure you a compensation settlement, they will not charge you for their services.
- If your solicitor does receive a compensation payment for you, they will deduct their fee from the money received automatically. This fee will be a pre-agreed percentage of the overall amount of compensation you have won which is capped at a maximum of 25%.
So, as you can see, there is very little financial risk involved in making a claim using a solicitor under a CFA. We have provided a fuller guide to the CFA process, which you can read by clicking here. Alternatively, one of our claims team will be happy to go over the process with you, if you talk to them using the number down near the end of this guide.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim
- Claim Compensation After A Road Traffic Accident In Maidenhead
- Maidenhead Medical Malpractice Compensation
- Maidenhead Injury At Work Compensation Claims
- Package Holiday Accident And Injury Abroad Claims
- Can I Claim Compensation For A Criminal Assault Or Abuse?
- Are There Other Types Of Accident And Injury Claim?
- Mis Sold Pension Or Financial Product Compensation
- Disputed Tenancy Deposit Compensation Claims
- Housing Disrepair Claims For Damp, Mould Or Other Causes
- Get In Contact To Start Your Claim
- Information For Claimants In Maidenhead
Claim Compensation After A Road Traffic Accident In Maidenhead
The number of injuries caused by road traffic accidents in the UK dropped by 6% between 2017 and 2018, according to the yearly report published by the Department of Transport. Even though the rate of Road Traffic Accidents (RTAs) has reduced, they are still fairly common. A person who is harmed in an RTA caused by another road user or the negligent act of an organisation such as the Highways Authority, could have a valid claim. For example:
- A police patrol has used hazard cones to cordon off a vehicle that has broken down. One of the cones blows into the road and causes a motorcyclist to crash, breaking the motorcyclist’s collarbone.
- A pedestrian is struck by a bailing machine that is being towed by a tractor as they are walking along the edge of a country road, due to the fact the tractor driver misjudged the width of the load they were towing. The pedestrian suffers multiple lacerations to their upper body and potential permanent scarring.
- A passenger in a taxi suffers a severe case of whiplash, when the taxi driver runs into the back of a van at traffic lights, because they were distracted by setting their satnav.
Each of these examples shows how a road user has been injured by negligence on the party of a third-party organisation or the actions of another road user. In each case, the injured party may have valid grounds to make a claim. We could help you claim compensation after a road traffic accident, speak to one of our claim advisors to learn more.
Maidenhead Medical Malpractice Compensation
Unfortunately, despite the best efforts of medical professionals in healthcare facilities, clinical negligence can and does occur from time-to-time. Negligence can be simply summarised as any time a patient is injured by a medical professional, in a way that was both unnecessary and avoidable. For example, medical malpractice examples could include:
- A cancer victim is diagnosed late and this leads to a critical delay in the patient receiving chemotherapy. This causes the cancer to grow to an untreatable size.
- Whilst staying in a hospital ward as an inpatient, a member of the public contracts an illness due to cross-infection from another patient.
- During childbirth, the mother suffers a traumatic injury to her pelvic floor muscles, due to the midwife making a mistake.
These examples all show ways that a patient can be harmed, due to a medical professional failing to provide an adequate level of care. In cases such as these, it could be possible for the victim to make a compensation claim. We can help you if you have been harmed during treatment, call our claims team today to find out how.
Maidenhead Injury At Work Compensation Claims
The Health & Safety Executive (HSE) is responsible for enforcing workplace safety. It produces rules, regulations and guidelines that every UK employer has to comply with as a legal obligation. When compliance protocols fail, it can lead to workplace accidents and injuries such as:
- You work in a garage and oil has been spilt on the floor, which has not been cleaned up or marked as a hazard using approved hazard signs. You slip on the oil and fracture your wrist.
- Whilst working on a farm in a seasonal job, you are asked to spray pesticides, but are nor provided with safety equipment such as a face mask or protective gloves. You suffer an allergic reaction to the pesticide being sprayed and become ill.
- During a board meeting, a caterer spills hot coffee onto your hand, causing a scald that results in severe blisters and pain.
Here we can see in each of these examples how an accident at work can harm an employee, in a way that was caused by a third party. In each case, a compensation claim could be possible. To find out if you are eligible to make a claim for an accident at work, please speak to our claims team. They will explain how we can organise a No Win No Fee solicitor to process your claim for you.
Package Holiday Accident And Injury Abroad Claims
It could be possible for you to claim for an accident on a package holiday or on a trip that you booked independently. A solicitor can process overseas claims on behalf of injured holidaymakers. Claims could be made against a hotel operator, airline, hire company, etc. However, the claims process does differ, depending on how you booked your holiday.
- If you booked your holiday yourself, choosing flights, accommodation, etc. from different providers, then it would be the individual provider responsible for causing you harm that your solicitor claims against.
- If you booked your holiday through a package tour company, and it included flights, accommodation, transfers, food, etc. Then it would be the UK based travel firm that your solicitor claims against.
- If you booked a plane flight yourself, and the flight is delayed or cancelled, or your baggage is lost or damaged, your solicitor could be able to process a claim under the Montreal Convention.
If you have been harmed while on holiday, or suffered some form of financial loss due to the actions of a travel firm, then we could be able to provide you with one of our panel of solicitors covering Maidenhead, Berkshire, to process your claim for you. Call our claims team to proceed.
Can I Claim Compensation For A Criminal Assault Or Abuse?
This section attempts to answer the question, “Can I get compensation for being attacked?” while providing examples of how claims can be made for sexual crimes, such as rape or sexual assault, violent crimes, mugging, assault, aggravated burglary, etc.
If you are harmed by a criminal either physically or psychologically, then even if you never find out the identity of the criminal, you can still make a claim. This is because the UK Government operates a special organisation known as the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA). For claims where no other route to securing compensation exists, CICA acts as a surrogate defendant, enabling the claimant to make a claim for compensation.
Are There Other Types Of Accident And Injury Claim?
Even though we have covered some of the common kinds of claims UK residents make, there are many more reasons that you could have a basis for making a personal injury claim. As examples:
- As you are stepping out of a taxi, you trip due to the door sill being damaged or worn, and this results in you cutting your head on the pavement.
- While out walking your dog, you are attacked by another dog that has been let off its lead by the owner, your calf muscles are cut and bruised.
- You ask a member of the serving staff at a restaurant whether a specific dish has buts in it, as you have a nut allergy. You are told that the dish doesn’t contain nuts, and this is not correct. You subsequently suffer an allergic reaction to the nut content of the food.
Any time a person is injured due to the actions of a third party, as long as they are within the personal injury claims time limit, they could be able to use a personal injury lawyer to help them make a claim. If you would like to know if your own claim is valid, please speak to our claims team today.
Mis Sold Pension Or Financial Product Compensation
Did you know that you could be able to claim mis sold pension compensation if you suffered financial loss due to being sold a pension unethically? The same is true for other financial products such as a pension annuity, and Payment Protection Insurance (PPI).
In 2006, new rules and regulations were introduced that are intended to ensure that a financial advisor always provides the best advice to their clients, and never sells them a financial product that is not suitable for their needs. When these rules and regulations are not followed, and the client is sold a product that ends up losing them money, then the client could be able to make a mis selling claim. Speak to one of our claim advisors to learn whether you were mis sold a financial product, and if you could be able to make a claim.
Disputed Tenancy Deposit Compensation Claims
When you face a problem with a landlord not returning your deposit, whether they have lost the deposit money or are withholding it for some reason, you may be able to make a claim to try and get your deposit back.
Your landlord must protect your deposit in a financial sense, within a month of them being given it, until the time that you move out of the rental property. The landlord cannot withhold your deposit unless you have broken the terms of your rental agreement. Therefore, if your landlord refuses to return your deposit, or has lost the deposit money, then we could be able to help you to claim it back. Speak to one of our claim advisors to learn more about this.
Housing Disrepair Claims For Damp, Mould Or Other Causes
As long as you follow the legal procedure for complaining about housing disrepair, your landlord must fix the problem within a suitably short timescale. If they do not, then you could be able to claim for either physical harm or financial loss as a result of the issue. For example:
- Housing disrepair such as damp or mould, causes you or a family member to become ill.
- Housing disrepair such as a leaking roof or a broken pipe, causes water damage to your property.
Get In Contact To Start Your Claim
Do you need to talk over the process of making personal injury claims? Or perhaps you already believe that you have a good reason to make a claim, and want to know how to proceed? Either way, follow these simple steps below:
Talk To Our Claims Team
Do you need to find a good No Win No Fee solicitor for UK claims? If so, reach out to our claims team on 0800 073 8802. They will walk you through our new claims process.
Discuss Your Situation
One of our claim advisors will go over the circumstances of your claim with you, and tell you whether they think we can help you. They can organise a solicitor to process your claim for you.
Manage Your Claim And Stay Up-To-Date
Information For Claimants In Maidenhead
Below, you will find additional local information that may be of use to claimants who live in the Maidenhead area.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Maidenhead
Your claim needs to be valued by a solicitor, as part of the claims process. Even if you already got a rough estimate using a personal injury claims calculator. We can organise a local medical examination from these doctors:
|Sanjay Lakhani||Maidenhead Physio & Sports Injury Clinic|
|Philip Coleridge Smith||The Bridge Clinic|
Speak to a claim advisor when you think you are ready to undergo a local medical examination.
St Mark’s Hospital
St Mark’s Rd
Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
Skimped Hill Lane
The Royal Borough Of Windsor And Maidenhead Council
Saint Ives Road
Thames Valley Police
169 Oxford Rd
Written by M.C.
Edited by H.E.