If you’ve had to suffer because of somebody else’s negligence, then you may have grounds to pursue a personal injury claim for monetary damages. You could claim for physical injuries, psychological injuries and also financial losses caused by third party negligence. This guide is going to explain the types of claims no win no fee solicitors covering Newcastle-under-Lyme could help you make.
While not based in Newcastle-under-Lyme, our panel of no win no fee solicitors can handle compensation claims here with ease.
Call us on 0800 073 8802 to discuss how you could be eligible for a claim for compensation. Alternatively, to find out more before calling, please continue reading.
What Does A Conditional Fee Agreement Cover?
If a no win no fee solicitor takes on your claim, it’ll mean they believe you have a chance of compensation. You’ll be able to show them that you suffered or were injured because of somebody else’s negligence.
When they agree to help you, they’ll provide a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA) for you to sign. This is the contract between you and the solicitor which will explain that you don’t have to pay them unless they successfully gain compensation for you. It will also explain that, if they do win, you’ll pay a success fee. The success fee is a percentage of your compensation (limited to 25%).
As well as checking if you have a strong case, your solicitor will need to make sure that your claim is made in time. The personal injury claims time limit is generally 3 years but other claims have different time limits so it’s worth calling one of our advisors to make sure you still have time to begin your claim.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim
- Newcastle-under-Lyme Traffic Accident Claims With No Win No Fee Solicitors
- No Win No Fee Compensation For Clinical Negligence
- No Win No Fee Compensation Claims For Injuries At Work
- No Win No Fee Claims For A Holiday Injury
- Criminal Injury And CICA Claims For Assault, Abuse Or Other Violent Crime
- Types Of Claims Handled By Our Panel Of Solicitors
- Mis Selling Of A Financial Product
- Rental Deposit Compensation Claims
- Compensation For Disrepair In Rented Housing
- Start A Compensation Claim
- Newcastle-under-Lyme Resources
Newcastle-under-Lyme Traffic Accident Claims With No Win No Fee Solicitors
A car accident solicitor could help seek compensation if you’re injured in a road traffic accident caused by another road user. That could include bus drivers, cyclists, car drivers, pedestrians, lorry drivers and motorcyclists.
If you’re involved in a Newcastle-under-Lyme traffic accident, we recommend you act quickly to gather evidence. As well as seeking medical advice for the injuries that you have sustained, we recommend that you attempt to gather as much information as possible to assist you when making your claim, such as:
- Witness details.
- Photographs of the scene of the accident.
- Dashcam footage.
- Photographs of your injuries.
Our panel of personal injury solicitors covering Newcastle-under-Lyme could help with claims for any type of injury including:
- Concussion and other head injuries.
- Whiplash or neck injuries.
- Broken bones.
- Soft tissue injuries.
- Back injuries.
No Win No Fee Compensation For Clinical Negligence
There are times where negligent treatment by a medical professional can cause illness or injuries to their patient. In these cases, it’s sometimes possible to ask for compensation for clinical negligence.
Claims are possible against both the NHS and private healthcare companies and you could claim for suffering caused due to medical treatment as well as cosmetic procedures.
Here are some examples of negligence which might lead to a claim:
- Negligent injuries caused by negligent cosmetic or medical surgery.
- Suffering caused by a delay in treatment due to a misdiagnosis.
- Illnesses caused by hospital super bugs such as pneumonia or sepsis.
- Avoidable injuries during childbirth.
- Suffering caused by medication errors.
- Pain during treatment due to an anaesthetic mistake.
No Win No Fee Compensation Claims For Injuries At Work
The Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) was designed to try and ensure staff are as safe at work as possible. It places a duty of care onto employers to try and remove as much risk from the workplace as possible.
This means, if a risk is identified, the employer needs to make changes wherever possible. If they fail to do so, and an accident happens causing an avoidable injury, you could make a compensation claim against them.
Claims might be possible if you’re injured because you weren’t trained properly, the equipment you were using was faulty or there was no safety equipment available to stop you being injured.
No Win No Fee Claims For A Holiday Injury
Accidents while on holiday don’t just ruin your holiday, they can lead to long-term suffering and unwanted financial losses. Therefore, if the accident was caused by the negligence of a third party, you might be entitled to compensation.
The way in which you can claim will depend on how you booked your holiday:
- Package holiday claims are possible using legislation provided by the UK government. A holiday is deemed a package holiday when you’ve bought 2 or more parts of your holiday from the same company. This could include flights and hotel, flights and excursions or any other mix containing 2 major parts of the holiday. In order for you to make a claim against the package company, you must have injured yourself while utilising their services. For example if you went on a package holiday where your flights and accommodation were together, but you were injured through no fault of your own on a privately booked day trip, you would need to make your claim using the option below.
- Accidents caused by negligence on independently booked holidays can still lead to a claim using a no win no fee solicitor but they’ll use the legislation of the country the accident happened in. This might mean you have more or less time to claim and the way compensation is calculated might be different.
Our panel of no win no fee solicitors are well versed in both UK and international law and could be able to assist you in making such a claim.
Criminal Injury And CICA Claims For Assault, Abuse Or Other Violent Crime
Another type of claim no win no fee solicitors covering Newcastle-under-Lyme could help with are for injuries caused by criminal acts against you. The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) allow for injury claims caused by violent crimes. They can also compensate for some financial losses.
The CICA scheme is not the same as a personal injury claim though. It has its own rules on eligibility and a 2-year time limit (although this can be waived in some cases such as historical sexual abuse claims).
Types Of Claims Handled By Our Panel Of Solicitors
Here are some more no win no fee claims our panel of solicitors could help you with:
- Accidents in public places.
A personal injury solicitor could help you claim for accidents in parks, on footpaths or public highways if it can be shown the accident was caused by negligence of the responsible party. These claims could be against the local authority or business that owned the place you were injured in.
- Children’s claims.
As a child is not allowed to represent themselves, a parent or suitable adult could claim on their behalf. This is allowed by the courts until the child turns 18. If the claim isn’t made by then, the now-adult has 3-years in which to make their own claim.
- Slips, Trips and Falls.
When you suffer an injury following a trip or fall, you might be entitled to make a claim if it was caused by somebody else. You should ensure you report the accident, photograph the cause, get witness statements and get medical treatment for any injuries.
Mis Selling Of A Financial Product
No win no fee solicitors covering Newcastle-under-Lyme don’t just handle personal injury claims. They could help you make a claim if you’ve lost out financially due to negligent financial advice.
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) regulates the way in which financial products such as pensions, annuities and investments are sold. If an advisor fails to follow the rules, and you lose money because of their advice, you could make a claim against them.
You might be entitled to claim if:
- An advisor put pressure on you to buy a product.
- They didn’t explain the terms, conditions, fees or charges linked to a recommended product.
- You were promised a particular outcome which didn’t happen (i.e. you’ll receive a 10% yield every year).
- Your health and lifestyle weren’t considered by the advisor.
- They told you to move your money out of a workplace pension scheme.
- You were only given one or two products to choose from which prevented you from making an informed choice.
Rental Deposit Compensation Claims
Under tenancy laws, a landlord must use a government backed Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS) to protect your security deposit. This law came into effect in 2007 and aims to help ensure tenants don’t lose some or all of their deposit unfairly. The landlord can still apply to keep some of the deposit, but they’d need to show that you’d damaged the property, not paid your bills or had rent arrears first.
You could be entitled to compensation if:
- Your deposit wasn’t put into a TDS within 30 days of it being paid.
- The landlord failed to tell you, in writing, which scheme they’d used.
- Or they took the money out of the scheme early.
Call us to discuss your own circumstances, and we will advise you if you are eligible to make a claim.
Compensation For Disrepair In Rented Housing
If you’ve ever asked the question, “Can I claim compensation for damp or leaks?”, then the answer depends on the scenario. You could certainly consider a claim if you’d told your landlord about the damp and they’d done nothing about it.
Under their duty of care and contractual obligations, landlords need to repair some faults to their property to ensure it is habitable. If they fail to do so and you become ill, injured or your personal property is damaged, you might be entitled to compensation.
Housing disrepair claims could be made for:
- Structural defects.
- Blocked pipes or drains.
- Broken heating or hot water.
- Leaks, damp and mould.
- Gas leaks.
- Electrical hazards.
To support your claim, you should photograph the problem as well as any damage caused and keep hold of copies of any communication between you and your landlord. The same rules apply to private landlords, local councils and housing associations.
Start A Compensation Claim
If you’d like to contact us here at No Win No Fee Expert to discuss beginning a claim, you can call us on 0800 073 8802. We’re also able to call you if you prefer. To arrange this, please fill in this online enquiry form. We handle all claims using the following process:
Get In Touch With Us
The process will begin once you make contact with one of our advisors.
Discuss Your Situation
They’ll assess your claim for free and provide free legal advice if needed. If they believe your case is strong, they could introduce you to one of our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Newcastle-under-Lyme.
Manage Your Claim And Stay Up To Date
It’s quite common that during no win no fee claims, you’ll need to get in touch with different local organisations (hospitals, police, doctors etc). To save some time, we’ve listed some local agencies below.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Newcastle-under-Lyme
When making a personal injury claim, you’ll need to visit an independent doctor for a medical assessment. Your no win no fee solicitor will arrange an appointment, they’ll try to ensure you visit a doctor who is local. Here are a sample of the panel of doctors in the Newcastle-under-Lyme area.
|Sam Al-Jafari||Gower Street,
Newcastle-under-Lyme, ST5 1JQ.
|Simon Briggs||Newcastle Chiropractic Clinic
Newcastle-under-Lyme, ST5 2ED.
|Andrew Johnson||Cornwall House,
Newcastle-under-Lyme, ST5 0LZ
Your doctor will ask a number of questions and perform the examination. Based on their findings, they’ll prepare a report for your personal injury solicitor. It will explain the severity of your injuries, how you suffered and whether you’re likely to suffer in the future. The medical assessment is really important because it’s used by your solicitor to determine how much compensation you could be entitled to.
Royal Stoke University Hospital
Here are the details for the main hospital serving Newcastle-under-Lyme.
Royal Stoke University Hospital
Stoke-on-Trent, ST4 6QG.
University Hospitals Of North Midlands NHS Foundation Trust
We’ve provided the details of the local NHS trust below in case you need to contact them.
University Hospital of North Midlands NHS Foundation Trust
Stoke-on-Trent, ST4 6QG.
Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough Council
If you need to get in touch with the local authority, you’ll find their details below.
Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough Council
Newcastle-under-Lyme, ST5 1BL.
To contact the local police in Newcastle-under-Lyme, use the details below.
Stafford, ST18 0YY.
Written by BT.
Edited by CE.