Whether you have been injured or suffered illness due to an incident that was the fault of someone else, you could be eligible to claim compensation with assistance from a no win no fee solicitor. However, were you aware that you could use no win no fee solicitors covering Somerset to claim compensation for housing disrepair, financial product/service mis selling or an unprotected tenancy deposit? This page covers all you might need to know about making a claim with a no win no fee solicitor, including how these agreements work, and what type of cases could be handled by a lawyer working on this basis.
At No Win No Fee Expert, we believe claimants could benefit from legal assistance when making compensation claims, and we don’t believe claimants should have to pay in advance of their claim being settled. To find out more about our services or to start a claim, simply call our advisors on 0800 073 8802.
No Win No Fee Accident And Compensation Claims
If you’re interested in knowing how no win no fee solicitors covering Somerset take their payment, then the explanation below might help.
Whether you’re making a claim for personal injury, medical negligence, or any other type of compensation claim, you might be in the position to pay for your legal services before you start your claim. You do not have to do this if you use a no win no fee solicitor to help you. Instead, you would sign a document called a Conditional Fee Agreement which would detail a percentage of your settlement that would be paid out as a ‘success fee’ if your lawyer is able to secure you a compensation settlement. The success fee cannot be more than 25% of your settlement, as per the government’s cap. If the solicitor you choose does not obtain you a settlement, despite your claim being a valid one, this success fee would not be payable.
Hopefully, this explanation has made the process clearer, but if you’d like to discuss this in more detail with one of our advisors, we’d be happy to help. Now, we take a look at the kinds of claims that a solicitor from our panel could take on.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim
- No Win No Fee Somerset Traffic Accident Compensation Claims
- No Win No Fee Claims For Medical Mistakes And Negligence
- No Win No Fee Work Somerset Injury Claims
- Claim For A Holiday Accident With A No Win No Fee Solicitor
- Claim Criminal Compensation If The Victim Of A Violent Crime
- Are There Other Types Of Personal Injury Claim?
- Claim For A Mis Sold Pension Or Investment
- No Win No Fee Tenancy Deposit Dispute Claims
- Claim For Housing Disrepair Against Landlords In Somerset
- How To Make A No Win No Fee Claim
- Somerset County Resources
Are you considering making a personal injury claim for a car crash in Somerset, or for some other type of road traffic accident in Somerset?
Whether you have suffered what could be considered a mild injury, such as whiplash, or you have been injured to an extent that you could be permanently affected by your injuries, you would not be alone in having been injured on the roads of the UK. In fact, according to published statistics, in 2018 160,597 people had suffered injuries because of incidents on UK roads. Making a claim for compensation could help you move forward after a road accident, and even though it may not fix any long-term injuries, it could help compensate you for not only the costs, such as loss of earnings, associated with the accident but also for the suffering and the pain you have had to endure.
If you were injured in a road accident that was not your fault, a no win no fee solicitor from our panel could help you make:
- A claim for a traffic accident where you were injured as a pedestrian.
- A claim for a Somerset car accident where you were injured as a passenger, or a driver.
- A claim for a Somerset bus accident where you were injured as a bus driver or passenger.
- A claim for a Somerset bike accident, whether you were on a motorbike or pushbike.
- A claim for a Somerset fatal accident where a loved one’s life was lost in an accident that wasn’t their fault.
If you have been injuried in a road traffic accident as a result of another road users actions or omissions and you would like to make a claim, call us today.
Another type of claim that a personal injury solicitor from our panel could help with could be a claim against medical negligence. Every healthcare professional has a certain duty of care towards patients, and if they act in a way that is negligent, and you are harmed in some way because of their negligence, then you could make a compensation claim.
Claims could include:
- GP negligence – Has your GP misdiagnosed you? Have they issued the wrong prescription? If they have and you have suffered harm, then you could make a claim.
- Surgical negligence – A personal injury lawyer could also help you if your surgeon was negligent. This could include instances where they have not removed all instruments from you, or where the wrong part of your body was operated on, for example.
- Hospital negligence – Whether you acquired a hospital infection because hygiene practices were negligent or suffered negligence when an X-ray was misread in Somerset Accident and Emergency departments, if hospital negligence caused you suffering and/or pain, then you could claim compensation.
- Childbirth negligence – If you were not monitored and it was not spotted that you or your baby were experiencing distress, or if a caesarean section was not done quickly enough and you or your baby were harmed, you could make a claim.
- And more…
The above are just some examples of cases that no win no fee solicitors covering Somerset from our panel could offer some assistance with. Whether you’ve experienced dental negligence, care home negligence, or any other negligence in a medical or clinical setting, our advisors are on hand to offer you guidance.
Personal injury claims could also stem from workplace accidents if it can be proved that your employer was negligent in looking after your health and safety at work. This is because your employer has a duty by law to do so.
Depending on the place in which you work and the job that you do, your employer might work to protect your health and safety by:
- Training you on how to safely do your job
- Providing you with relevant safety equipment where applicable
- Making sure you have regular breaks from repetitive/stressful work
- Checking/maintaining/repairing/replacing machinery and tools when necessary
- Signposting hazards
- And more…
If your employer fails to take reasonable action to protect your health and safety at work, and you are injured, you could make a work injury claim.
You could also look into making a claim for instances where you have developed a work-related condition over time. Conditions such as industrial deafness, vibration white finger, dermatitis, COPD, tendonitis and more could be claimed for if it is deemed that there were foreseeable risks and your employer did not act to reduce them.
Making work injury claims against an employer may feel a little daunting to some people. If this is you, let us put your mind at rest by advising you that your employer isn’t allowed to treat you any differently because you are making a claim against them. By claiming, you could also be highlighting health and safety issues within the workplace, which could prevent a similar issue occurring to a colleague in the future. If you’d like to know more about work-related personal injury claims, why not call our advisors?
Making a claim for a holiday accident could be made easier with the help of an experienced lawyer. A no win no fee solicitor from our panel could assist with a wide variety of holiday accident claims including:
- Package holiday accidents
- International flight accidents
- Domestic flight accidents
- Accidents abroad
- Airport accidents
- Hotel accidents
There are a number of pieces of domestic and international legislation that could cover your claim, and this could make a difference to the personal injury claims time limit that is applicable to your claim. Making a claim for an accident that occurred on holiday can be complex in nature, which means that you may benefit from the use of our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Somerset.
Have you been assaulted, or did you witness a violent crime and it left you traumatised? Or, did you obtain some form of injury when attempting to stop a criminal act? If so, you may be able to make a criminal injury claim with the assistance of a no win no fee solicitor. Claims of this sort are usually handled by the Criminal Injuries Compensation (CICA) and usually have a 2 year time limit. However, some exceptions could be made for certain types of claim for criminal compensation.
Historic Abuse Time Limits
If you suffered abuse when you were younger, your claim could still be heard outside the 2-year time limit, because it could be argued that you were unable to process the abuse until much later on. If you are in this situation, then we could still provide a no win no fee solicitor from our panel to help you.
Somerset Statistics For Violent/Sexual Offences
In Somerset, between November 2018 and October 2019 there were:
- 287 violent/sexual offences in Sedgemoor South West
- 472 violent/sexual offences in Wellington Centre and South
- 282 violent/sexual offences in Glastonbury Town
Aside from those mentioned above, there are a wide variety of other situations that could lead to a personal injury claim. Our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Somerset could assist with:
- Claims for accidents in public places, which could include slips and falls
- Food allergy claims
- Beauty treatment claims
- Faulty product injury claims
- And more…
If someone else could be held liable for the injuries you’ve suffered either by their actions or inactions, you could look into making a claim with a no win no fee solicitor.
The FCA requires that financial advisors and institutions only sell products in a fair and transparent manner. They should sell you products that are suitable for your needs, regardless of how this affects their products.
If they do not do so, then you could be eligible to claim mis sold pension compensation, or compensation for other financial products that have been mis sold to you if you have lost out financially as a result.
You could also claim compensation if you have not been:
- Informed of the fees and risks associated with the product you were sold.
- Allowed to make the decision under your own steam (ie. you were pressured into making a decision).
- And more…
If you think you may have been mis sold, then do get in touch. We will assess your position and advise on what you could do next if you have been mis sold.
Since April 2007, it has been a requirement for landlords to protect tenancy deposits in approved schemes. These protection schemes, often referred to as TDS’ should receive the deposit within 30 days of it being paid, and details should be sent to you by your landlord that show where your deposit is held, and how to reclaim it once your tenancy is over.
If your landlord doesn’t protect your deposit, or doesn’t tell you where it is protected, then a no win no fee solicitor from our panel could help you claim compensation. If your landlord has not refunded your deposit despite the required conditions being met, we could help here too. Just get in touch for an honest assessment of your eligibility to claim.
Are you considering making a claim for housing disrepair? If so, our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Somerset could help you. Disrepair could include:
- Faulty heating systems
- Broken sanitary ware
- Loose floorboards
- Broken windows
- Broken doors
- Unsafe stairs
- And more…
It could cause harm in a number of ways, including:
- Causing you to fall ill (e.g. from mould or damp)
- Causing you undue injuries (e.g. from unsafe stairs collapsing)
- Causing you financial harm (either from you having to repair or replace belongings damaged by disrepair or via higher energy bills caused by disrepair)
The protocol for housing disrepair claims could be deemed a little complicated but using a no win no fee solicitor could help make housing disrepair claims easier.
If you’re now ready to begin a compensation claim, then it could be simple to do so:
● Get In Touch With Us
We have a Live Chat feature on the website, as well as a contact form you could fill in, or you could call our helpline on 0800 073 8802. Whatever way you prefer to get in touch, we’re ready to listen to you.
● Discuss Your Situation
After carefully listening to what has happened to you, we’ll assess the situation to see if we could provide you with a no win no fee solicitor from our panel.
● Manage Your Claim And Stay Up-To-Date
If you chose to go ahead with a solicitor from our panel, then they will continue to stay in touch, keeping you updated of developments within your case. You would be welcome to call or email them at any time for an update on the progression of your claim.
Some useful local resources for Somerset claimants could be seen in the below sections.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Somerset
A medical assessment is a requirement for claimants pursuing personal injury claims. A report would be produced by an independent medical professional, which would be used to give a value to your claim. Local doctors from our panel could include:
|Matthew Moorhouse||Marsh Lane Yeovil, Somerset, BA21 3BA|
Musgrove Park Hospital
Musgrove Park Hospital covers a wide variety of services, from A&E to Children’s day surgery, audiology and more.
Musgrove Park Hospital,
Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust
The above trust operates out of Musgrove Park Hospital and offers acute and general services across the region.
Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust
Musgrove Park Hospital,
Somerset County Council
Somerset County Council
Avon And Somerset Police
Avon and Somerset Police Headquarters
Written by JE.
Edited by CE.