Below, you will find a comprehension guide to using No Win No Fee solicitors covering Tynemouth to have a compensation claim processed. This go over a number of the most common kinds of personal injury claims that a personal injury lawyer will help a claimant with. We will also try to show how you may be eligible to make a similar kind of claim, as long as you are within the personal injury claims time limit.
To find out what this time limit is, talk to a member of our claims team today on 0800 073 8802. They will provide you with key information and free legal advice about the claims process, and explain how we can help you to move your claim forward.
What Do No Win No Fee Claims Cover?
We all see the term No Win No Fee on the TV and hear it on the radio, but how many of us really understand what this means? Does this simple term really mean what it says, that if you don’t win your claim, you don’t pay for your solicitor’s services?
When you use the services of a No Win No Fee solicitor, it means that the solicitor is working for you under a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA). To expand on this, the solicitor’s fee is conditional on the claim being successful, meaning that your solicitor doesn’t get paid unless you win a compensation settlement.
You don’t pay your solicitor anything at the start of the claim or while they are processing it for you. You also don’t pay the solicitor if you don’t receive a compensation settlement. You do have to pay (and the fee is pre-agreed before the solicitor starts your claim), when the solicitor has received a compensation payment for you. The fee is taken automatically from the money received. Therefore, it really does mean that if there is No Win, then there is No Fee to pay. If you have questions about how a CFA works, please speak to our claims team on the number at the end of this guide. You may also like to click here to read our fuller description.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim
- Car Crash And Traffic Accident No Win No Fee Claims
- Tynemouth Medical Negligence Cases
- Tynemouth Accident And Injury At Work Cases
- Holiday Accident, Injury And Airline Accident Cases
- Compensation For Victims Of Criminal Injuries
- What Other Types Of Accident Claim Could You Make?
- Financial Product Mis Selling Compensation Claims
- Compensation For A Dispute Of A Rent Deposit
- Housing Disrepair Claims Against Tynemouth Landlords
- Make A Claim With A No Win No Fee Solicitor
- Information For Claimants In Tynemouth
Car Crash And Traffic Accident No Win No Fee Claims
In 2018, the annual report published by the Department of Transport, showed that there were 1,784 fatalities caused by Road Traffic Accidents (RTA) in the UK that year. Anyone who is injured in an RTA due to the actions of another road user or to negligence on the part of an organisation, such as the local Highways Authority, could attempt to make a claim for compensation. Examples of such accidents include:
- A car driver collides with a damaged central railing on a dual carriageway, that should have been repaired by the local Highways Authority. This causes the car to crash into the central reservation, and the driver to suffer a traumatic head injury and whiplash.
- A motorcyclist collides with a van that is pulling out of a side road, because the van driver failed to see the motorcyclist. The motorcyclists suffered a fractured pelvis because of the accident.
- A pedestrian crosses the road at a pelican crossing, without realising that the traffic lights warning drivers of the crossing are broken. They are run over by a bus, causing multiple fractures and crush injuries.
These three examples each show how a road user can be harmed due to the actions of a third party. In each case, it could be possible for a solicitor to process a claim for them. If you have been injured by a traffic accident in Tynemouth, we could provide you with No Win No Fee solicitors covering claims in Tynemouth from our panel to help you to make a claim. Call our claims team for further information.
Tynemouth Medical Negligence Cases
Whenever you stay in hospital for inpatient treatment, visit the Accident & Emergency Department, consult your GP, have your teeth checked, or any other time you are cared for a by a medical professional, you could fall victim to negligence. Every medical professional owes their patient a duty of care. If their standards slip below minimum requirements, injuries can occur and a claim could be possible. For example:
- Your dentist damages a healthy tooth while they are removing a broken tooth.
- Your GP mistakenly prescribes you medication that you have an allergy to, and you become ill due to taking it.
- Whilst bedridden as an inpatient in a hospital, you do not receive adequate nursing care and because of this, you contract bed sores.
These examples show how a patient can be harmed due to a medical professional not fulfilling their duty of care towards the patient. If you have suffered harm at the hands of a medical professional due to medical negligence, we could be able to help you claim. Speak to one of our claim advisors to learn how.
Tynemouth Accident And Injury At Work Cases
When you make a claim for a workplace injury, the compensation you receive will be driven by the severity of your injuries. For example, the back injury at work claim amount may be higher than a claim made for a slight cut to a finger.
Your employer is tasked with maintaining a safe and healthy environment for you to work in. This is a legal obligation, enforced by the Health & Safety Executive. A failure in compliance can lead to workplace accidents such as:
- You trip over an extension lead that is trailing across the floor in your office and sprain your wrist.
- Whilst working in a warehouse, you are run over by a forklift truck that was being driven recklessly, fracturing a hip.
- Due to a chemical spill in a factory, you inhale toxic fumes that harm your lungs and cause you to become ill.
Here we have shown how a lack of Health & Safety compliance in a working environment can lead to a member of staff suffering an illness or an injury. In cases such as these, it could be possible for the injured party to make a compensation claim. One of our claim advisors can tell you more about the process of making a workplace injury or illness claim.
Holiday Accident, Injury And Airline Accident Cases
It isn’t just accidents in the UK that a solicitor can help you to make a claim for. They can also assist you in claiming for physical harm or financial loss you encountered while on holiday overseas. For example:
- While on a package holiday booked through a UK travel firm, you are injured when a bus providing an airport transfer that was included in the price of the holiday. The solicitor could make a claim against the package tour vendor.
- While you are using exercise equipment in a hotel gym, you are injured because the equipment was damaged or poorly maintained. You booked the trip independently, and in this case, the solicitor would try to claim against the hotel operator.
- You are collecting your bags at the luggage carousel at the airport, and due to the carousel being faulty, a heavy suitcase falls off, landing on your foot and injuring it. A solicitor could make a claim against the airport operator.
Each of these examples demonstrates how a third party can cause harm to a holidaymaker. If you would like to find out how much compensation for accident an on holiday you might be able to claim, or have any questions about making holiday claims, please speak to one of our claim advisors today.
Compensation For Victims Of Criminal Injuries
In the UK, the Government operates an executive agency called the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA). The CICA provides a route to compensation for victims of violent crimes (assault, mugging, aggravated burglary, etc.) and also sexual crimes (rape, sexual assault, etc.), even when the perpetrator of the violent crime is not caught.
The process of making a CICA claim is subtly different. We can provide you with solicitors covering claims in Tynemouth that are familiar with processing CICA claims. Please speak to one of our claim advisors, who will explain to you how we can be of help.
What Other Types Of Accident Claim Could You Make?
In the sections above, we have covered many of the more frequently seen reasons for people to make a personal injury claim. However, any time a member of the public is harmed by the actions of another individual, a company, or some other kind of organisations, it could be that they would have a valid reason to claim. For example:
- You are bullied by work colleagues, leading to high levels of workplace stress, and this eventually makes you ill.
- You buy a new coffee machine, which is faulty. You plug the machine in and switch it on and are electrocuted.
- After having a new on-demand water heater fitted in your kitchen, you are scalded by the water being far too hot, due to the fact the water heater was installed incorrectly.
Here we have shown how people can be injured in a way that was caused by a third party. Any time you are injured in an accident that was not your fault, we could be able to help you make a compensation team. Speak to one of our claim advisors today to find out if your claim is valid
Financial Product Mis Selling Compensation Claims
In 2006, new regulations were introduced that related to financial product mis selling to ensure that financial advisors sell financial products in an ethical manner. This would include financial products such as:
- Payment Protection Insurance (PPI).
- Fixed-term or advanced pension annuities.
- Self-Invested Pension Plans (SIPP).
Whenever a member of the public suffers some kind of financial loss, due to being mis sold a product such as these, then it could be possible for them to make a compensation claim. If you speak to a member of our claims team and explain why you believe you may have been a victim of financial mis selling, they will let you know whether you have a valid reason to make a claim or not.
Compensation For A Dispute Of A Rent Deposit
If you are currently in dispute over rent deposit, then you need to understand what the law says about the way a landlord must deal with you. Firstly, your landlord must protect your deposit financially from within 30 days of being given it, until the time that you give up your tenancy. Secondly, the landlord must return the deposit in full, unless you have failed to comply with the terms of your tenancy agreement.
In some cases, when a deposit has not been refunded to a tenant, it could be possible for the tenant to go through the process of making a claim against the landlord. This is something that we can help you to do. Please speak to our claims team and explain your situation, they will then let you know whether we can help you to get your deposit back or not.
Housing Disrepair Claims Against Tynemouth Landlords
There is a clear legal process for reporting housing disrepair and trying to get your landlord to repair it. This process covers disrepair such as:
- A damaged or leaking roof.
- Damage to the structure of a property, including the walls and all weight-bearing members.
- A faulty gas, electricity or water supply.
- Leaking or broken pipes.
- Faulty central heating or hot water boilers.
- Dangerous or faulty electrical fittings.
When disrepair is not fixed, it could damage your property, or cause you to become ill or suffer an injury. In this case, it could be possible for a solicitor to help you make a claim for the harm or financial loss you have suffered. If you believe you have grounds to make a housing disrepair claim against your landlord or letting agency, please speak to one of our claim advisors today.
Make A Claim With A No Win No Fee Solicitor
Whether you need more information before you start making a claim or think you are ready to proceed with a claim right now, the steps below will help you to ensure you get the assistance you need.
Get In Touch With Us
Our claims team is available on 0800 073 8802 to offer you some initial free advice on making a claim. Give them a call and explain your situation to them.
Discuss Your Situation
Our claims team will go over the specifics of your claim and let you know whether they believe it is valid or not. If it is, then they will talk you through the new claims process.
Manage Your Claim And Stay Up-To-Date
You will then be provided a personal injury solicitor from our panel, who will help you prepare for making your claim. The solicitor will also process your claim for you. You can always call us for updates on your claim whenever you need them.
Information For Claimants In Tynemouth
In the sections below, we have provided local information and contact details that could be of use to claimants in the Tynemouth area.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Tynemouth
You may have already tried using a No Win No Fee claim calculator to get a rough idea of how much compensation you could be able to claim. However, a solicitor will need to value your claim much more accurately before they process it for you. This means you will need to have your injuries evaluated during a medical examination. We can arrange a medical examination for you from this doctor:
|Gerald Sweeney||North East Clinic|
|52 Heaton Road|
|Newcastle upon Tyne|
|Tyne and Wear|
When you are ready to go for your medical examination, call our claims team to arrange an appointment.
North Tyneside General Hospital
Tyne and Wear
Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
Tyne and Wear
North Tyneside Council
Town Hall & Civic Offices
Middle Engine Lane
Tyne & Wear
Written by M.C.
Edited by H.E.