You probably already know that if you are injured in an accident that’s wasn’t your fault, you might be able to claim compensation. What this guide will do, is try and explain how No Win No Fee solicitors covering Wallsend can help you to make such a claim. We will cover workplace injuries, traffic accidents, medical negligence claims, holiday claims, etc.
Once you have finished reading this guide, if you still have unanswered questions, please reach out to our claims team on 0800 073 8802. They will answer your questions, provide key claim information such as which claims time limit is going to apply, and explain how we can arrange for a solicitor covering Wallsend to process a claim for you.
How Do I Claim With No With No Fee Solicitors Handling Wallsend Claims?
You have more than likely come across the term No Win No Fee before. You probably have a rough idea of what this means. Below, we will give a proper explanation of how the fee structure works when you use a No Win No Fee solicitor.
Firstly, when you are initially speaking with a solicitor about your claim, you will negotiate a fixed percentage of the fee that the solicitor will take if the claim is successful. You won’t be asked to pay any fee at all at this stage. You will also not be charged any ongoing legal fees while the solicitor processes your claim. Some complex claims can take months to resolve, and you won’t be charged at all during this time. If the claim isn’t successful and you don’t get any compensation, then you won’t be charged any fee by your solicitor.
The only time that you pay a solicitor under what is known as a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA), is when the solicitor has secured a compensation settlement for you and received a compensation payment on your behalf. When this happens, the pre-agreed fee is automatically deducted from this money, and you are given the rest. If you need more information on how a CFA works, please speak to a member of our claims team on the telephone number at the bottom of this guide. You can also read our complete guide to CFA ‘s by clicking here.
When you are ready to proceed with your claim, one of our claim advisors can arrange for one of our panel of No Win No Fee solicitors covering Wallsend to begin processing it for you.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim
- Wallsend Road Accident No Win No Fee Claims
- No Win No Fee NHS And Private Clinical Negligence Claims
- No Win No Fee Injury Claims For Accidents At Work
- No Win No Fee Holiday Injury Claims
- Assault, Sexual Abuse Or Other Violent Crime Compensation
- Other Examples Of Personal Injury Claims
- Compensation If Mis Sold A Pension Or Investment
- How To Make A Tenancy Deposit Compensation Claim
- Compensation For Disrepair And Poor Conditions In Rented Housing
- Begin Your Compensation Claim Today
- Helpful Resources Serving Wallsend
Wallsend Road Accident No Win No Fee Claims
According to the annual report published by the Department of Transport in 2018, there were 25,511 serious injuries on UK roads. This clearly shows that deaths caused by Road Traffic Accidents (RTA) are still fairly common in the UK. Indeed, the police believe the figure is actually higher, as many injuries go unreported.
Every road user, if they are injured in a Wallsend road accident, has the right to try and claim compensation for their injuries if the accident was caused by a third party. Even pedestrians and passengers have this same right. As examples of this:
- A car accident in Wallsend leaves a passenger in the back seat with a severe case of whiplash, after the car they were travelling in was hit by another vehicle from behind whilst stopped at traffic lights.
- A pedestrian is run over by a van driver at a pedestrian crossing because the van driver was distracted whilst driving. The pedestrian is killed.
- A motorcyclist is run off the road by a lorry that did not allow enough room to overtake as it passed. The motorcyclist fractures their skull.
These examples all clearly show how one road user has been harmed by the actions of another. In each example, a claim could have been made against the party responsible for the accident. We can connect you to No Win No Fee solicitors covering Wallsend to process an RTA claim for you, call our claims team today to learn more.
No Win No Fee NHS And Private Clinical Negligence Claims
It could be possible for victims of clinical negligence to make No Win No Fee NHS claims or claims against private healthcare companies. However, in order to be eligible to do so, the victim must be able to prove that negligence actually took place.
Every medical professional that works in the UK and this includes your GP, dentist, optician, etc. is tasked with providing you with s certain standard of healthcare, and to never do you unnecessary harm. When this doesn’t happen, and a medical professional causes you some form of physical suffering, a claim could exist. For example:
- You are prescribed the wrong medication, and you suffer an adverse reaction to it.
- Your GP fails to diagnose a serious illness such as cancer, and the delay in receiving treatment causes your health to worsen.
- You contract an infection after undergoing a surgical procedure, due to lax post-op care.
Here, these examples show how mistakes made during treatment can result in harm to a patient. In each example, if negligence could be proven a claim may be possible. To have your medical negligence claim evaluated, speak to a claim advisor today.
No Win No Fee Injury Claims For Accidents At Work
You could be able to make an injury claim for an accident at work, if you can prove the cause of the accident was something your employer was responsible for. Some of the most common kinds of work-related accidents are:
- Slips, trips, and falls.
- Falling from a height.
- Being struck by a moving or falling object.
- Accidents involving company vehicles.
- Manual handling and lifting accidents.
No matter how you come to harm at work, if your employer was at fault, you could be able to claim for the injuries you have suffered. Call our claims team today to find out if you have a valid claim or not.
No Win No Fee Holiday Injury Claims
You may be able to make a No Win No Fee holiday claim for injuries or an illness you sustained on holiday overseas. Just who your solicitor will pursue for damages depends on how you booked your holiday, thus:
- On a self-booked holiday – your solicitor will claim against the travel provider that caused you harm. For example, if you are scalded by a faulty shower in a hotel, the hotel operator would be pursued for damages.
- On a package holiday consisting of 2 or more included features under a single price – your solicitor would claim against the UK travel firm that sold you the holiday.
We also need to go over the Montreal Convention here. This is a special legal framework that comes into effect when a plane is flying outside of any =national legal jurisdiction. It provides basic rights for passengers, including the right to make a claim if they are harmed during the flight by the actions of the airline.
Assault, Sexual Abuse Or Other Violent Crime Compensation
There is a special organisation in the UK, known as the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA). This organisation can provide compensation for victims of violent crimes when no other way to make a claim exists. CICA also provides compensation for victims of sexual assault. Compensation can be claimed for both physical and also psychological harm. We can provide you with a No Win No Fee Solicitor from our panel, to process a criminal injury claim for the harm that you have suffered as a result of the crime that was committed. Speak to one of our claims advisors today to learn how we can help.
Other Examples Of Personal Injury Claims
We have given some common examples of personal injury claims in the sections above. However, the simple truth is that any time you come to harm due to the actions of a third party, you may have a valid cause to make a claim. For example:
- You fall down a set of stairs at your local council-run leisure centre, because the safety rail was broken, and you fracture your leg.
- Whilst shopping in a supermarket, a heavy box falls from a display shelf because it had been stacked incorrectly, causing you a concussion.
- While your child is playing in a public playground, they fall off of a piece of play equipment because it was faulty, and sprain their wrist.
As you can see, the ways that people can come to harm are wide-ranging. The takeaway here is that no matter what harm you suffer, if the cause of the harm was a third party in some way, a compensation claim could be possible.
Compensation If Mis Sold A Pension Or Investment
It isn’t only illness, injury and accident claims that we can potentially help you with. We can also be of assistance with some kinds of financial mis selling claims. If you were mis sold products such as:
- A mortgage.
- A pension annuity (fixed-term, advanced or transferable).
- Payment Protection Insurance (PPI).
- A self-Invested Pension Plan (SIPP).
There are certain rules that a financial advisor must follow when they are selling you these kinds of products, and these rules include:
- The level of financial risk involved.
- That there could be better products that the financial advisor is unaware of.
- The level of experience the advisor has in selling similar products.
- You must be offered products that fit your lifestyle, habits and health history.
- You should never be urged to move a stable, well-performing investment into a riskier investment that could perform worse. For example, transferring a workplace pension into a SIPP.
- You must be offered the best advice based on your actual needs, at all times.
When a financial advisor fails to follow all of these rules, this could be construed as financial mis selling. If you were to suffer financial loss in such a situation, you may be able to claim compensation. If you explain your situation to one of our claim advisors they will evaluate your financial mis selling claim for you, and let you know how best to proceed.
How To Make A Tenancy Deposit Compensation Claim
In this section, we are going to go over the basics of how to make a tenancy deposit compensation claim. There are certain rules that apply to tenancy deposits, so let’s go over some of these below.
- Under an assured let, renting a whole property:
- Your deposit must be secured in a deposit protection scheme within 10 working days of it being paid.
- Your deposit must remain in the deposit protection scheme until you give up your tenancy.
- Your landlord must return your deposit within 10 days of your tenancy being over.
- As a lodger or a person living in HMO property:
- Your deposit must be secured financially for the entire time you are a tenant.
- Your deposit must be returned in full within 5 working days of you leaving the property.
If these rules are not followed by the landlord, and this results in you not receiving your deposit back in full, without any legal reason, we could be able to help you with a claim. Speak to one of our claim advisors to learn more.
Compensation For Disrepair And Poor Conditions In Rented Housing
When renting a property, it could be possible to claim compensation for disrepair and poor conditions in some cases. Initially, you should try using the legal process for reporting housing disrepair. This should prompt your landlord to take action and make repairs. If it doesn’t then some kinds of housing disrepair can become the basis of a claim, and these include:
- Burst or leaking pipes.
- A damaged or leaking roof.
- A faulty, inoperable utility supply (water, gas, electricity, etc.)
- Dangerous electrical wiring and fittings.
- A faulty hot water boiler or central heating system.
- Damp or mould that could be a health hazard.
- Damage to the structure of the property.
You can claim for either physical harm (injury or illness) or financial loss (damage to your property, etc.) that has been caused by the housing disrepair. If you go over your claim with one of our claim advisors, they will tell you how best to move forward with a claim.
Begin Your Compensation Claim Today
If you have been harmed in an accident in Wallsend that was not your fault, the steps below will help you to get the assistance you need to make a claim.
Get In Touch With Us
Discuss Your Situation
A claim advisor will tell you all about the legal options you have, and likely offer you a No Win No Fee solicitor from our panel to process the claim for you.
Manage Your Claim And Stay Up-To-Date
A solicitor will value your claim for you (even if you already have a rough idea of the value of your claim after using a personal injury claims calculator) and then move on to processing it. You can call us at any time for an update on how your claim is progressing.
Helpful Resources Serving Wallsend
These sections below contain local information that could be useful to claimants living in or around Wallsend.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Wallsend
We work with a panel of doctors local to Wallsend including;
|Mohammed Ahmad||Physiotherapy Matters LTD|
|Ian Watson||North East Clinic|
|52 Heaton Road|
North Tyneside General Hospital
Tyne and Wear
Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
Tyne and Wear
North Tyneside Council
Town Hall & Civic Offices
Middle Engine Lane
Tyne & Wear
Written by MC.
Edited by CE.