If you are hurt or suffer an illness because someone with owed you a duty of care was negligent then you could seek compensation from them for the medical costs, lost earnings, damage to your property and other costs that you have incurred as a result of the incident. In other cases in which you might have lost income or money which you should have been entitled to, you can claim compensation for your losses.
In this guide we will go over some, but not necessarily all, of the different situations in which a no win no fee solicitor covering West Sussex could assist you in winning compensation. Throughout this article, you will also find links to handy information and to more detailed explanations of some of the issues this guide will touch on.
To find out more about our panel of no win no fee solicitors and why working with them will benefit you, please keep on reading. If there is more you want to know, or anything you wished to find out that this article has not covered or if you want to start making a claim you can find our teams contact details near the bottom of this article.
How Do No Win No Fee Solicitors Help People?
No win no fee solicitors help their clients by essentially taking on the burden of the financial risk of making a compensation claim for them. They do this by agreeing that, if they fail at winning compensation for their clients’ accident, they will forego payment for their services, meaning that you would be able to make the claim for free. No win no fee claims also allow you to avoid paying out of your own pocket if the claim succeeds. If your claim is successful your solicitor will require payment. The payment will come out of your compensation sum. How much of your compensation sum will depend, but it will most likely be in the region of 25%. Here is a more detailed breakdown of how no win no fee compensation claims work.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim
- West Sussex Road Traffic Accident And Injury Claims
- Claim With Medical Negligence Solicitors Covering West Sussex
- How To File A Work Injury Claim
- Claim Compensation For An Accident, Injury Or Illness On Holiday
- Claim Compensation For Assaults And Violent Crimes
- Other Types Of West Sussex Accident Claim
- Financial Service And Pension Mis Selling Claims
- Tenancy Deposit Not Protected Claims
- How To Claim With Housing Disrepair Solicitors
- How To Make A Claim With A No Win No Fee Solicitor
- West Sussex Area Resources
Being a responsible driver does not guarantee your safety while driving or cycling. Negligent or reckless drivers can cause crashes. If you’ve been the victim of a cycling accident or a road traffic accident in West Sussex within the past three years which was caused by another driver, then that driver could be liable for compensating you. Alternatively, you might have crashed as a result of driving on a road that wasn’t safe for use. Depending on whether it was an ordinary road or a motorway the local council or Highways England could be liable for having failed to maintain the road to a safe standard.
To find out how you could make a claim and prove liability, contact our team and discuss your situation.
If you receive any form of medical care, be it a dentist appointment, a GP appointment, a prolonged stay in hospital or undergoing surgery, you are owed a duty of care by the doctors and nurses seeing to you. This means that if you are harmed, by suffering an illness or injury or by having your condition worsen as a result of their negligence, they or the provider they work for can be liable for compensating you. Solicitors from our panel can help you make a no win no fee claim to seek this compensation.
Some examples of medical negligence and how it can cause harm include:
- Being harmed by faulty machinery such as x-ray or MRI machines
- Developing an infection such as MRSA or sepsis due to inadequate hygiene
- Not receiving the correct care for mental health issues or psychiatric illnesses, such as being misdiagnosed or not being identified as being at risk of suicide or self-harm.
If you have developed a health problem as a result of working in an unsafe working environment, such as asbestosis, or you have been hurt in an accident at work it may be possible for you to make a work injury claim against your employer. To do this you would have to have some proof that your employer did not meet their duty of care to you by taking all steps at their disposal to prevent avoidable accidents. Some of these steps may include
- Performing risk assessments and taking action on the conclusions of said assessments.
- Acting on any complaints of bullying or overwork.
- Putting security measures in place to reduce the risk of staff members being assaulted, i.e. limiting or controlling public access to certain parts of the premises.
- Ensuring that the workplace is well lit, ventilated and hygienic.
If the negligence of a third party has caused you to suffer an accident, an injury or illness while on holiday then you could claim compensation from them, even if they are based abroad. British solicitors can make claims through foreign law against foreign businesses, though the amount of compensation you receive and the amount of time you have to claim it may be different to what you would have under British law.
If your accident or illness occurred during a package holiday then the travel agents that arranged the holiday could be liable if one of their services was responsible for the incident, i.e. a flight they arranged, a hotel they booked or an excursion they organised. If that is the case then the claim would be made under UK law in the same manner as a negligence claim would be made against any other UK company.
If you’ve had a holiday spoiled by a flight delay, or have had luggage go missing or get damaged because of the negligent way it was handled by the airline staff, then under the Montreal Convention you could be able to make a claim against the airline.
If you wish to file a holiday compensation claim, get in touch with us to find out how our panel of solicitors can help you.
Being the victim of a violent crime can have a lasting mental and or physical effect. These types of claims go through a government scheme, the Criminal Injury Compensation Authority (CICA). CICA claims are not the same thing as a criminal trial and are not necessarily dependant on the outcome of the investigation or trial. They are dependent on proving that you were the victim rather than proving someone else in particular was guilty.
For most criminal injury compensation claims there is a two year time limit. However there may be exceptions made if you are claiming compensation for sexual assault or for sexual abuse you suffered as a child. If you wish to enquire as to whether such an exemption could be made in your case, please get in touch with our team today.
Since you could potentially claim in any instance in which your health has suffered as a direct result of the negligence of a third party there are many different circumstances in which claims could be made for us to outline them all. Here are just a few more that are useful to know about. If there is a situation you have been in that you are thinking of seeking compensation over, please get in touch with our team to discuss it further.
- Claiming on behalf of a family member. In some circumstances, you could claim on behalf of a person who is not in a position to do so themselves. This could be your child or a family member who has special needs or a neurodegenerative disease. You may also be able to claim on behalf of someone who cannot claim on their own behalf as a result of what has happened to them because of negligence, i.e. someone who has become disabled by their injuries or died of their injuries.
- Claiming for slips trips and falls. If you are in a public place and you suffer an injury by falling over then you may be able to claim compensation from the third-party responsible for that public place. Compensation can also be claimed if you fall over and hurt yourself at work and it wasn’t your fault. This is because the owners or operators of spaces used or visited by the public are responsible for making sure that tripping or slipping hazards such as wires and wet patches of floor are dealt with.
- Claims for injuries while playing sports. Some sports carry an inherent risk of causing injuries, particularly contact sports., however you can seek compensation if you were wrongly injured or suffered an injury due to third party negligence. For example, if someone makes an illegal tackle or if you have been injured because those responsible for the equipment or sports facilities have failed to maintain them to a safe standard.
The Financial Conduct Authority oversees and regulates the way that businesses sell financial products. One aspect of these regulations are the rules regarding the manner in which services such as pensions are sold to customers. Businesses are required to give accurate and helpful guidance to their customers and help them to choose the most beneficial product for their needs, regardless of the profit outcome for the business. Some of these rules include:
- Respecting the customer’s wishes if they choose not to take financial risks such as putting their money in volatile market sectors.
- Taking the customer’s health situation into account when tailoring the product for them.
- Ensuring the customer is fully aware of all the terms and conditions of the product and all charges and fees related to the product.
- Giving the customer more than one option, including the option which is best for them, and giving the customer time to make a decision rather than pressuring them into choosing a certain option.
If you have lost income or savings on a pension or other financial product which you bought on the poor or misleading advice of your bank then you should get in touch with us to discuss whether or not you could make a pension mis selling claim through our panel of solicitors.
You are entitled to have your tenancy deposit protected for the duration of your tenancy so that it can be returned to you when you leave the property you have been renting. If you are unsure about whether or not your deposit is currently protected you can enquire about it to the Tenancy Deposit Scheme that is holding it. You can find out how to do that here. However you should already have received written notice from your landlord of the details of the TDS the deposit is being held in within thirty days of you paying it. For more details about your landlords responsibilities in protecting your deposit, click here.
Your landlord cannot refuse to give your deposit back or deduct money from it before returning it without good reason. If your landlord is withholding your deposit or has failed to protect it, call us to discuss making an unprotected tenancy deposit claim.
Landlords do have certain responsibilities when it comes to the maintenance of the properties they rent out and the well being of the tenants living in them. They can be liable for compensating their tenants if these obligations are not met and tenants are harmed as a result. Making a claim with a housing disrepair solicitor would mean proving that you did not cause the issue which harmed you and that the landlord was aware but did not act upon it. The obligations of a landlord towards maintaining a property are detailed here. Some examples of the ways in which you might be hurt as a result of housing disrepair can include:
- Falling and suffering an injury on a torn carpet or unstable stairs.
- Exposure to carbon monoxide from a faulty central heating system.
- Lacking heating during winter months.
- Getting an electric shock from unsafe electric mains and plug sockets.
Get In Touch With Us
Discuss Your Situation
The contact details listed above are for you to reach our team to discuss your situation: your accident, how it happened, what injuries or health problems you have suffered as a result, who you believe is at fault and what you think you can do to prove it. Our team will provide you with their expert advice and, if you want to start a claim, we will connect you to a solicitor from our panel.
Manage Your Claim And Stay Up To Date
Our panel of solicitors may not be based in the West Sussex area, but this will not make working with them any less convenient. You can organise your claim over the phone, through emails and via the post. You can use the same means to stay in contact while your claim is being processed in order to stay fully up to date every step of the way.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering West Sussex
In order to prove that you have had an illness or an injury, and to calculate the amount of compensation you and your solicitor will be seeking you will need to be assessed by a doctor. It can be arranged for one of the doctors in this table to perform this assessment.
|Syed Zaidi||41 Ilfield drive,
Both Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust and Sussex Community Trust provide services through Crawley Hospital, located in West Green, Crawley.
West Green Drive
Surrey And Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust
Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust provides healthcare via several hospitals and numerous community services to a population of around 535,000 people in Surrey and West Sussex.
East Surrey Hospital,
Canada Avenue ,
West Sussex County Council
Written by JK.
Edited by CE.