Below, you are going to read a comprehensive guide to using the services of No Win No Fee solicitors covering Yeovil to help you make a compensation claim. We are going to take a look at some of the most common kinds of claims, such as road traffic accidents, medical negligence claims, etc. We will also provide information that relates to the claims process so that you can learn about how a solicitor can make a compensation claim on your behalf.
Each claim has its own individual aspects, and this means there may be specific questions about your own claim that this guide does not give an answer for. If this turns out to be the case, please speak to one of our claim advisors on 0800 073 8802. They will answer your questions, and also go over how we can provide you with a No Win No Fee solicitor from our panel to process your claim for you. Our panel of solicitors are not based in Yeovil but can cover the area with ease.
Could I Claim Through A Conditional Fee Agreement?
In this section we give a brief overview of how the No Win No Fee claims process works. You can click here to read a more complete guide. When we use the term No Win No Fee, we actually mean a specific kind of fee arrangement known as a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA). Under a CFA, the No Win No Fee solicitor has agreed to process your claim, without charging a fee until the claim has been resolved successfully. This means that:
- No new claims fee is charged by the solicitor, prior to beginning work on your claim.
- While your solicitor is processing the claim for you, you won’t be asked to pay any ongoing legal fees.
- If your claim is unsuccessful they will not ask you to pay any fee.
Before the solicitor started work on processing your claim, they will have agreed on a percentage that they will take as their success fee if the claim is successful. This fee will be taken automatically when the solicitor received a compensation payment for you.
We can arrange for one of our panel of No Win No Fee solicitors covering Yeovil to handle your claim. If you would like for us to go ahead and do this for you, then please speak to one of our claim advisors on the number at the bottom of the page.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim
- No Win No Fee Yeovil Road Traffic Accident Compensation Claims
- Filing A No Win No Fee Medical Negligence Claim
- No Win No Fee Work Injury Compensation Claims
- Claim Compensation If Injured Whilst On Holiday
- Claim For A Criminal Injury In The Yeovil Area
- More No Win No Fee Accident Claims
- Investment And Pension Mis Selling Compensation Claims
- No Win No Fee Tenancy Deposit Compensation Claims
- Claiming Damages For Housing Disrepair
- Start A Compensation Claim Today
- Information For Claimants In Yeovil
No Win No Fee Yeovil Road Traffic Accident Compensation Claims
If you are involved in a Yeovil road traffic accident that wasn’t your fault, you could be able to claim for any injuries you suffer. This could be a car accident, a bike accident, a motorbike accident, or any other kind of road traffic accident (RTA) in Yeovil. As a road user, if you are harmed by the actions of a third party, you may have a valid claim. For example:
- As a pedestrian, you are crossing the road at a zebra crossing, and a speeding car driver fails to stop in time. You are hit by the car and suffer a fractured pelvis.
- You are stopped at a road junction in your car. A van driver is following too closely and collides with the rear of your vehicle, causing you a minor case of whiplash.
- As a passenger on a bus, you are thrown out if your seat onto the floor when the bus collides with a lorry coming the other way, and you fracture your arm.
Each year the Department of Transport publishes a report that details statistics related to traffic accidents in the UK. Any time a member of the public is injured in a Road Traffic Accident (RTA) that was not their fault, they could be able to claim road traffic accident compensation. If you would like to have your RTA claim evaluated, please give our claims team a call.
Filing A No Win No Fee Medical Negligence Claim
When a medical professional is working in the UK, either for a private or state-run healthcare facility, they are expected to meet their duty of care towards patients at all times. When they do not, and a patient comes to harm in a way that could have been avoided, medical negligence could have occurred. For example:
- A patient is given the wrong medication by a pharmacist who is fulfilling a prescription. The patient takes this medication, and it causes an adverse reaction.
- A dentist slips with the drill while working on a patient’s teeth. The slip causes the dentist to cut the gums and lips of the patient.
- A member of the public visiting a Yeovil Accident and Emergency department, is given too high of a dose of painkillers as part of their emergency treatment, causing them to suffer a bad reaction to the medication.
No Win No Fee Work Injury Compensation Claims
If you are working on-site or at the premises of your employer, and you become the victim of a work-related accident in Yeovil, then you could have grounds to make a claim for work injury compensation. Some examples of workplace accidents could include:
- A person working at a car repair workshop becomes ill after inhaling paint fumes, as they were not provided with protective gear when spraying car bodywork.
- A newly employed warehouse worker injures their back whilst carrying heavy boxes, because they were never provided with correct training in how to lift safely.
- A person working in a coffee shop is scalded by hot coffee, as a result,of a faulty coffee machine.
These all show how a worker can be injured in an accident due to faulty equipment, insufficient training, inadequate safety equipment, etc. Whenever an employer fails in their health and safety obligations and it results in harm to an employee, a valid basis for making a claim could exist. Speak to our claims team to find out if we can help you claim for a work-related illness or injury.
Claim Compensation If Injured Whilst On Holiday
In some cases, it could be possible for you to claim compensation if you are injured whilst on holiday. There may also be a chance of claiming for a seriously delayed or a cancelled flight. For example:
- Your flight was cancelled after a long delay, and you missed a day or more of your holiday. Your solicitor could be able to claim for this loss from the airline.
- You were provided with faulty skiing equipment on a winter sports holiday, and the equipment led to an accident that caused you severe injuries. A solicitor could be able to claim from the rental firm.
- A faulty light switch in your hotel room electrocutes you, causing some serious burns. Your solicitor could be able to claim from the hotel operator.
In each of these examples above, the solicitor will pursue the individual travel provider for compensation. When you are on a package holiday (that comprised of two or more holiday features such as flights and accommodation), the solicitor will claim against the UK travel vendor that sold you the holiday.
A further consideration relates to claimants who were travelling by plane, and were injured on the flight while the plane was in international airspace. In this case, the solicitor would leverage the legal framework known as the Montreal Convention to pursue the airline for damages.
Claim For A Criminal Injury In The Yeovil Area
It can be possible for people to make a claim for a criminal injury. Here, we are talking about crimes such as assault, Actual Bodily Harm (ABH), Grievous Bodily Harm (GBH), the threat of violence, mugging, etc. We are also including sexually driven crimes such as sexual assault, rape and sexual abuse.
There is a special Government body in the UK known as the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA). CICA was set up to provide victims of violent crimes a route to receiving compensation for their injuries, when no other way to claim compensation exists. Although there is a 2-year time limit for CICA claims, it may be worth noting that in cases of historical sexual abuse, the time limit may not apply.
More No Win No Fee Accident Claims
Although the sections above have covered some of the most frequently seen reasons why people make personal injury claims, a personal injury lawyer can help with many more kinds of claims. For example:
- You slipped on a spillage at your local coffee shop and sprain your ankle.
- You were told that a dish you ordered in a restaurant had no nut content, and subsequently suffered an allergic reaction due to the information you were given being wrong.
There are a great many reasons why you could be eligible to make a compensation claim for the harm you suffered at the hands of a third party. As long as you are within the personal injury claims time limit, we could be able to help you make a claim. Speak to a claim advisor today to learn how.
Investment And Pension Mis Selling Compensation Claims
It isn’t just accident and injury claims that our panel of solicitors can help with. In some cases, they can also assist you in claiming for some form of financial loss related to mis selling. This could be pension mis selling compensation, compensation for a mis sold annuity, or a Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) policy.
There are rules and regulations in place to ensure that people are sold financial products ethically. These rules include ensuring that the client is informed of all possible risks, being provided with a product that best suits their needs, and being offered the best advice at all times. When these rules are not followed by a financial advisor, and this leads to the client suffering financial loss, a claim could be possible. If you have lost out financially through mis selling, we could be able to help you. Call our claims team to learn how.
No Win No Fee Tenancy Deposit Compensation Claims
When you move into a rental property, the landlord then has some very specific responsibilities related to your deposit. Firstly, within 30 days of being given the deposit, the landlord needs to protect it financially. This is generally done by paying the deposit into some form of a deposit scheme. This protection must be maintained for the entire term of your tenancy. Secondly, the landlord cannot withhold your deposit unless there is some legal reason to do so.
Your landlord must return your deposit, in full, within 10 days of your tenancy finishing. Therefore, if you are struggling to get your rental deposit back, you may be able to claim for tenancy deposit compensation. We could be able to help with this, call our claims team to find out more.
Claiming Damages For Housing Disrepair
Your landlord is responsible for performing needed maintenance on your rental property. If you follow the correct complaints procedure for housing disrepair, and your landlord does not fix the problem, you could be able to claim damages for housing disrepair in some cases, such as:
- You suffer some kind of physical harm such as an injury or illness as a direct result of the disrepair.
- The disrepair causes you financial loss, such as damaging your personal belongings.
Start A Compensation Claim Today
Do you need some more free legal advice about making possible claim for compensation? Or perhaps you are ready to proceed with having your claim processed by a solicitor? Either way, these steps will get you the help you need.
Get In Touch With Us
Discuss Your Situation
Our claims team will evaluate your claim, and provide you with critical information about the claims process. If your claim is valid, they can arrange for one of our panel of solicitors to process it for you.
Manage Your Claim And Stay Up-To-Date
Information For Claimants In Yeovil
Claimants in the Yeovil area may find these additional sections, with local contact information, to be of use to them.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Yeovil
You may have already tried using a personal injury claims calculator to get a rough estimate of how much you could be able to claim. A solicitor will need to value your claim more accurately, and this means undergoing an impartial medical examination. We work with a panel of doctors in the Yeovil area who include:
|Ayubur Rahman||Yeovil Innovation Centre|
Yeovil District Hospital
Yeovil Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Yeovil District Hospital
South Somerset District Council
The Council Offices
Avon And Somerset Police
Police & Fire Headquarters
Written by MC.
Edited by CE.