Bishop’s Stortford No Win No Fee Solicitors – Compensation Claims Compare And Review Guide

No Win No Fee Solicitors Bishop's Stortford

No Win No Fee Solicitors Bishop’s Stortford

There are times in life when you are made to suffer because somebody else was negligent and through no fault of your own. In these cases, it might be advisable to hire a no win no fee solicitor to seek compensation for your suffering. In this guide, we’re going to look at the types of compensation claims no win no fee solicitors covering Bishop’s Stortford could help you with.

Our panel of no win no fee solicitors can handle Bishop’s Stortford cases and what’s more, our team of advisors can assess your claim for free and provide free advice about your options. If you would like to discuss a claim right away, please call us on 0800 073 8802.

Alternatively, to find out more about when you could claim, please carry on reading this handy guide.

How To Claim With A No Win No Fee Solicitor

Conditional Fee Agreements (CFAs) are written agreements between no win no fee solicitors and their clients which explain that the solicitor’s fees only have to be paid if the client receives compensation. If that happens, the solicitor will deduct a success fee from the compensation before it’s paid to their client.

The success fee that’s payable can vary but it’s limited to 25% and will be listed in the CFA.

Obviously, a solicitor won’t offer a no win no fee service where there’s little or no chance of the case being won. Therefore, before taking on your case, you’ll usually be asked to show that you were made to suffer, by somebody who owed you a duty of care, due to negligence.

Also, you’ll need to ensure your claim is made on time. There is a personal injury claims time limit of 3-years, but other types of claim have different time limits. To clarify how long you have to claim, after having read this guide, please call a member of our friendly team.

Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim

No Win No Fee Bishop’s Stortford Traffic Accident Claims

If you have been injured in a Bishop’s Stortford road traffic accident, and it was caused by another road user being negligent, you could seek compensation for your injuries. The accident could be anything from an accident on Bishop’s Stortford causeway to collision in a cul-de-sac. So long as somebody else caused the accident, you might be entitled to compensation for the injuries that you have sustained.

There are a number of common injuries which could result from a car accident in Bishop’s Stortford including:

  • Damage to joints, ligaments or tendons.
  • Concussion and other head injuries.
  • Shoulder, neck or whiplash injuries.
  • Broken bones or fractures.
  • Back injuries.
  • Bruising, cuts or lacerations.

If you’d like to make a claim following an accident in Bishop’s Stortford, we’d recommend trying to gather evidence like witness details, dashcam footage and photographs. It’s also really important to have your injuries treated by a doctor. You could then use the medical records to help support your claim later on.

Medical Negligence Solicitors Covering Bishop’s Stortford

You may be able to use our panel of medical negligence solicitors covering Bishop’s Stortford to help you claim for injuries or illnesses caused by a negligent medical professional.

It’s possible for a claim to be made for medical or cosmetic procedures and could be against NHS staff or private healthcare providers as well.

Here are some examples of medical negligence for which you might be able to claim compensation:

  • Negligence in a care home leading to a patient being injured (including bed sores or bone fractures).
  • Negligent dental, cosmetic or medical surgery which causes an injury.
  • Avoidable injuries for a mother or baby during childbirth.
  • Pain suffered during treatment due to anaesthetic errors.
  • Side effects or illnesses caused because you were given the wrong medication.
  • The incorrect or late diagnosis of cancer or other conditions which meant you suffered more due to delayed treatment.

Work Injury Claims Against Bishop’s Stortford Employers

While you’re at work, your employer is supposed to try and keep you as safe as possible according to the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974. This legislation is governed by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) who provide employers with advice and tools to help reduce risks in the workplace.

It is essential that companies to carry out regular risk assessments and make changes, where possible if a safety concern is highlighted. If your employer fails to carry out risk assessments or make the necessary changes, you could seek compensation if you’re injured in an accident at work.

Claims might be possible if your accident was caused by:

  • A lack of proper training.
  • Broken, faulty or poorly maintained equipment or machinery.
  • A generally unsafe working environment.
  • Missing or inadequate protective equipment.

Our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Bishop’s Stortford could help with accident at work claims so please call to discuss how you were injured.

Holiday Accident Claims Solicitors

As with injuries caused by negligence in the UK, if you’re injured while on holiday abroad you could be entitled to seek compensation for any illness or injury that you have sustained as a result of third party negligence. How long you have to make your claim will depend on how you booked your holiday.

If you your accident occurred while using the services provided by your UK-based package holiday provider, you’ll usually have a 3-year time limit. If your accident happened while on an independently booked holiday or excursion, you can still claim but the time limit might vary depending on the laws of the country you were injured in.

Our panel of holiday accident claims solicitors could help you claim for:

  • Food poisoning claims.
  • Injuries caused by sporting activities.
  • Airport or flight accidents.
  • Cruise ship accidents.
  • Hire car or airport transfer injuries.
  • Hotel accidents.

Making a claim for the injuries you sustained on holiday can be complex, therefore we suggest you contact us and we will connect you to our panel of no win no fee solicitors who are well versed in both UK and international law and could assist you in making a claim.

Assault Or Criminal Injury Compensation

Our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Bishop’s Stortford could help you seek compensation if you’ve been the victim of a violent crime. These claims are generally not made against the criminal but using the government Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) scheme.

The scheme covers physical injuries, psychological injuries and some financial losses too. However, it has different eligibility criteria to a personal injury claim such as a 2-year time limit for claims. For free advice on whether you could begin a CICA claim, please get in touch today.

Additional Personal Injury Or Accident Claims

In this section, we’ll briefly cover some more claims a personal injury solicitor could help with before we move on to other types of claim that are possible.

You could be able to represent your child if they’ve been hurt in an accident. To do so you’ll need to register as a litigation friend. Then you can claim at any point until the child is 18 (they have 3-years after that to make their own claim). In most cases, any compensation awarded is placed into a trust fund managed by the courts.

You could also claim for accidents in public places or slip, trips and falls. In each of these types of claim you should try and identify who was liable (a business, individual or local authority) and show why they were negligent by providing evidence such as photographs, details of any witnesses to the incident.

Financial Product And Service Mis-Selling Compensation

Any consumer that purchases financial products such as a mortgage, pension, investment or annuity using a financial advisor is protected by the Financial Conduct Authority’s rules. That means, if you have lost money because of mis-selling of financial products, you could make a compensation claim against the advisor. Signs that you might have been mis-sold to include:

  • You were pressured into making a choice.
  • The advisor didn’t explain the terms, fees or charges of a product.
  • You were advised to move money away from a workplace pension.
  • The advisor didn’t ask about your health history or lifestyle before recommending a product.

If you’d like to find out whether you could claim for losses caused by financial mis-selling, please call our team today.

Rental Deposit Dispute Compensation Claims

Our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Bishop’s Stortford could help you claim against your landlord if they’ve breached Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS) rules. These are designed to help protect your deposit from being retained unfairly. If your landlord breaches their duty a compensation could be claimed. Different ways in which your landlord could be liable can be found below;

  • Deposits need to be placed in a suitable TDS within 30 days of payment.
  • The tenant is not told which scheme has been used within 30 days.
  • The deposit has been removed from the scheme before the tenancy agreement has ended.

Claims For Disrepair In Rented Housing

A solicitor covering Bishop’s Stortford could help you if your landlord has failed to repair a problem which has caused you to become ill, injured or meant your personal property was damaged. Your landlord needs to ensure that minimum standards are met and repaired when necessary. You could make a claim against your landlord if you have suffered physically or financially as a result of the disrepair in these types of circumstances;

  • Broken boilers affecting hot water or heating.
  • Structural defects.
  • Fire or electrical hazards.
  • Mould or damp.
  • Leaking roofs or pipes.
  • Blocked drains.

Claims of housing disrepair could be made against private landlords, housing associations or local councils.  If you believe that you have a claim for housing disrepair and your circumstances are not listed above, please contact us if you wish to pursue a claim today.

Contact No Win No Fee Expert Today

We hope that now you’ve read this guide, you’d like to begin a claim with No Win No Fee Expert. If so, please call 0800 073 8802 or fill in this enquiry form to arrange for us to call you. For all enquiries, we’ll use the following process:

Get In Touch With Us

We’ll begin once you make contact with one of our advisors.

Discuss Your Situation

We’ll assess your claim for free. If we think you’ve got a chance of compensation, we could introduce you to one of our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Bishop’s Stortford.

Manage Your Claim And Stay Up To Date

If they agree to handle your case, they’ll provide expert advice and regular updates as the claim advances.

Public And Other Services Available In This Area

In our experience, when you make any sort of compensation claim, you’re likely to need information from a number of local agencies. Therefore, we’ve provided details of some of them below.

Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Bishop’s Stortford

When making personal injury claims, your solicitor will arrange a medical assessment using an independent doctor. Here at No Win No Fee Expert, we work with a panel of independent doctors across the UK. Below you will see a sample of doctors in an around Bishop’s Stortford that we could use:

Sajive BansalCopse Hill,
Harlow, CM19 4PP.
Rajesh RacjjaDaenstrete,
Stevenage, SG1 1XB.
Sola OsinderoStevenage Clinic,
Chells Way,
Stevanage, SG2 0HN.

In your appointment, the doctor will assess you and ask some questions about your injuries. They’ll then produce a report for your personal injury lawyer which they’ll use to help calculate how much compensation you could be entitled to. The report will contain information including:

  • The severity of the injuries you sustained.
  • How they affected you at the time of the accident.
  • What impact they might have on you in the future.

The medical report is a key piece of information used in your personal injury claim so is a requirement in all cases.

Herts And Essex Hospital

If you need to contact the main hospital serving Bishop’s Stortford, here are their details.

Herts and Essex Hospital
Haymeads Lane,
Bishop’s Stortford,
CM23 5JH.

Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust

Should you need any information from the NHS trust providing services in the area, we’ve provided their details here.

Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust.
Trust Headquarters,
Hamstel Road,
CM20 1QX.

Bishop’s Stortford Town Council

Should you need to contact the local authority because you require information from them, here are their details.

Bishop’s Stortford Town Council,
The Old Monastery,
Bishop’s Stortford,
CM23 2ND.

Hertfordshire Constabulary

If you need to contact the police because you require information or need to report an incident to them, here are their details.

Hertfordshire Constabulary
Police Headquarters,

Stanborough Road,
Welwyn Garden City,
AL8 6XF.

Written by BT.

Edited by CE.