There are times in life when you might want to find a no win no fee solicitor to help with a compensation claim because third party negligence has caused you to suffer. Whether you’ve been injured or lost out financially, this guide is going to explain when no win no fee solicitors covering Brent could help you claim. We’ll cover all sorts of scenarios including making a holiday injury claim, compensation if you’re injured at work and claiming for medical negligence in London.
No Win No Fee Expert is a nationwide service. We have a team of specialist advisors who can offer free advice and a no obligation assessment of your claim. If you’d like a free assessment right away, please call on 0800 073 8802.
If you’d rather find out how solicitors covering Brent could help you before calling, please continue reading.
Explaining How No Win No Fee Claims Work
Using a no win no fee solicitors means your financial risk is reduced and the claim should therefore be less stressful. To be eligible to use a no win no fee service, you will need to demonstrate to your solicitor that you have:
- Suffered physically, psychologically or financially;
- Because of a negligent act;
- By somebody who owed you a duty of care.
You’ll also need to make your claim within the relevant time limit. The personal injury claims time limit is generally 3 years from the date of your accident. A package holiday claim usually has 3 years too. For criminal injury claims, you’ll usually have 2 years. Other types of claim can have different time limits. Please call an advisor as soon as possible to ensure you can begin a claim.
When a solicitor agrees that your case is strong enough to proceed, you’ll be given a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA) to sign. This document is a contract which explains that you don’t have to pay the solicitor’s fees unless you receive compensation. It will also detail the success fee you’ll pay should the solicitor win the case.
Success fees can’t be any higher than 25% of your compensation and they’re deducted before your final settlement figure is sent to you.
Choose Your No Win No Fee Service Or Accident Claim
- No Win No Fee Claims For Traffic Accidents In Brent
- Claim For Medical Negligence Which Happened In Brent, London
- Claim Compensation For Injuries At Work In Brent
- No Win No Fee Holiday Injury And Flight Delay Claims
- Brent Criminal Injury And Violent Crime Compensation Claims
- What Other Personal Injury Claims Could Be Made?
- How To Reclaim Compensation For A Mis Sold Pension
- Disputed Rental Deposit Compensation Claims
- Claim Against A Brent Area Landlord For Disrepair In Rented Accommodation
- Talk To Our Specialist Team Today
- Helpful Resources For Claimants In Brent
No Win No Fee Claims For Traffic Accidents In Brent
A personal injury lawyer could help you if you are injured during a road traffic accident caused by another road user’s negligence. Making a solid case to prove what happened can be much easier if you gather evidence quickly. If you are involved in a Brent accident, we’d recommend you:
- Ask witnesses for their details.
- Speak with the other road user and get their details.
- Photograph the scene of the accident before vehicles are removed if possible.
- Attend the hospital or doctor’s surgery for treatment of any injuries.
- See if there is any dashcam footage available.
There are some injuries which are commonly claimed for in a car accident including:
- Severe bruises, cuts and lacerations.
- Tendon or ligament damage.
- Whiplash and neck injuries.
- Fractured or broken bones.
- Back and head injuries.
Claim For Medical Negligence Which Happened In Brent, London
Our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Brent could help you claim for medical negligence against the NHS or a private healthcare company. Negligence claims could be possible if you have been injured or made ill following substandard treatment by a medical professional in both medical and cosmetic procedures.
Some examples of medical negligence you might want to consider include:
- Avoidable injuries caused by negligent dental, medical or cosmetic surgery.
- Pain caused by an anaesthetist error.
- Sepsis, pneumonia or other illnesses caused by hospital super bugs.
- Injuries during childbirth which could’ve been avoided.
- Suffering caused because your condition was misdiagnosed causing a delay in receiving treatment.
- Negligence in a care home causing a patient to suffer bed sores.
Claim Compensation For Injuries At Work In Brent
Any employer, small or large, has a duty of care to keep their staff as safe as possible while at work. The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) provides guidelines and resources to help companies risk assess the workplace and to make changes to reduce any dangers identified.
If your employer has failed to make the workplace safe and you are injured because of their negligence, you could be eligible for compensation. You might be able to claim if your accident was caused by:
- An unsafe workplace – including uneven flooring, electrical hazards, trailing cables, faulty machinery.
- Missing or inadequate safety gear.
- Inadequate training.
- A lack of knowledge of the company’s safety procedures.
No Win No Fee Holiday Injury And Flight Delay Claims
An accident on holiday can really ruin a trip abroad but what’s worse is that you could end up with long-lasting injuries and lose out financially too. In these cases, if your accident was caused by somebody else’s negligence, you could sue them for compensation.
If the accident happened while using a service purchased from a UK-based package holiday company, the claim could be made against them. If you booked the holiday independently, claims are still possible but against the business or individual responsible. Package holiday claims generally have a 3-year time limit. Other claims could have a different time limit depending on which country the accident happened in. Please call an advisor to check how long you have to make your claim.
Brent Criminal Injury And Violent Crime Compensation Claims
If you have been unlucky enough to be the victim of a violent crime, you may not be aware that the government operates a scheme which could compensate you. The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) allows claims to be made for physical and psychological injuries (as well as some financial losses caused by the injuries too).
The rules for claiming via the CICA scheme differ to other personal injury claims. Firstly, the crime must have been reported to the police. The time limit for claiming is reduced to 2-years but this can be waived or extended in certain circumstances. Finally, when claiming for multiple injuries, the scheme pays compensation on a sliding scale. In a successful claim, your most severe injury would receive 100% compensation, the next 30% and then 15% for the third injury.
What Other Personal Injury Claims Could Be Made?
Here are some more personal injury claims you could make:
- Children’s personal injury claims – Claims are possible if a parent or responsible adult becomes a ‘litigation friend’. Any compensation is placed into a trust fund. A claim of this nature can be made at any point before the child becomes 18.
- Public place accidents – Injuries caused by the negligence of a business owner or local authority in public places could also lead to a claim. If you’re injured in a public place like a shopping centre, on a footpath or in a park, you might be able to claim.
- Slips, trips and falls – Reasons that somebody else might be to blame for a slip or fall include icy pathways which aren’t gritted properly, raised paving slabs or potholes and slippery floors where no warning signs are used.
How To Reclaim Compensation For A Mis Sold Pension
When you buy a pension, annuity, mortgage and other investments, the financial advisor has to follow the rules laid down by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). If they don’t and you lose money, you could claim compensation from them.
Some of the rules which could lead to a claim if broken include:
- Making sure you know about any ongoing fees or charges.
- Discussing your health and lifestyle before recommending a product.
- Ensuring you understand the key terms and conditions.
- Providing you with a range of products to choose from, not just one or two.
Disputed Rental Deposit Compensation Claims
You might be able to claim compensation from your landlord (council, housing association or private landlord) if they fail to follow the Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS) rules.
- Putting your deposit into a TDS within 30 days of receiving it.
- Not taking the deposit out of the TDS before the tenancy ends.
- Ensuring you know which scheme was used.
Claim Against A Brent Area Landlord For Disrepair In Rented Accommodation
Another type of claim our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Brent could help with are for injuries or illnesses caused by housing disrepair. You could also be able to claim if your personal belongings are damaged.
If your landlord fails to fix a problem which they have been informed about, and they’re contractually obliged to fix, you might be able to make a claim. The types of repairs that could lead to a claim include:
- Broken hot water systems.
- Blocked drains.
- Electrical hazards.
- Structural faults.
- Leaking roofs or pipes.
- Damp or mould.
Talk To Our Specialist Team Today
Get In Touch With Us
We can only start the ball rolling when you give us a call.
Discuss Your Situation
We’ll assess what’s happened and what evidence you have to support your claim, for free. We could then introduce you to one of our panel of no win no fee solicitors covering Brent.
Manage Your Claim And Stay Up To Date
Helpful Resources For Claimants In Brent
In our experience, during most no win no fee claims, you’ll need to get in touch with at least one local service. To help save a bit of time, we’ve provided some details for those services below.
Our Panel Of Doctors Covering Brent
A really important part of any personal injury claim is a medical assessment by an independent doctor. The report they produce is used by your solicitor to help work out how much compensation you could be entitled to. We have a panel of doctors available across most of the UK. Here are some in the Brent region we could use:
|Adnan Saad||Vale Farm Sports Centre,
Wembley, HA0 3HG.
|Laura Sanchez Pallares||Sunleigh Road,
Wembley, HA0 4LY.
|Vikramjeet Chawla||Empire Way,
Wembley, HA9 8DS.
The doctor will assess you and ask you some questions before producing the report for your personal injury solicitor. The report will explain what injuries you sustained, how severe they were, what affect they had on you and whether you’ll suffer because of them in the future.
Because of the evidence the report provides, a medical assessment is a mandatory part of all personal injury claims.
Central Middlesex Hospital
If you need the contact details for the local hospital because you need to request medical records, you can use the following:
Central Middlesex Hospital,
London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust
Here are the details for the NHS trust operating services in the Brent area:
London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust.
Harrow, HA1 3UJ.
Should you need to contact the local council because you need information from them, please the following details:
Brent Civic Centre,
Wembley, HA9 0FJ.
If you need to contact the police during your claim, here are their details:
Metropolitan Police Headquarters,
New Scotland Yard,
London, SW1A 2JL.
Written by BT.
Edited by CE.